Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Trailer for "Top Gun: Maverick"

Meh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2020 2:16 PM

Stinky linky.

Definitely skipping this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Will see it just for Glen Powell.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 1:02 PM

Hard Meh.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 1:02 PM

Flop

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 1:04 PM

Does anyone else see it as a reboot of the original Top Gun? Dialog seems a bit weak.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 1:23 PM

Oh I hope Tom Cruise rides a motorcycle in this one!

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 1:30 PM

hope all the femanazis go after them for excluding Kelly McGillis just because she's not young and beautiful anymore

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 1:41 PM

God that looks boring.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 1:44 PM

Feminazis R7? How big a Rush Limbaugh fan are you?

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 1:51 PM

I'd watch for Manny Jacinto. Just not in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 1:52 PM

The original was full of homoerotism and Tom was young sweaty and hot. This one looks boring. Is there any storylines at all or is it just an ad for air forces?

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 1:56 PM

Miles Teller looks like a bigger douche with the mustache that he sported for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 5:03 PM

"feminazis"???

I see this franchise isn't the only thing way out of date here.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 5:11 PM

The douche fumes off Miles are nauseating

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 5:30 PM

Why would anyone give money to a known high ranking member of a dangerous cult?

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 5:33 PM

[quote]hope all the femanazis go after them for excluding Kelly McGillis just because she's not young and beautiful anymore

In a strange way, the fact they did not include McGillis may be an indicator that the movie isn't going to lecture the audience.

We may be bored to death, but at at least we won't be hectored to death

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 5:33 PM

I bet no one is excited for this flop...

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 5:33 PM

Is this about some new pilot program for senior citizens?

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 5:36 PM

[quote]hope all the femanazis go after them for excluding Kelly McGillis just because she's not young and beautiful anymore

Don't you mean "feministas?"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 5:38 PM

I am soooo excited. Top Gun was GREAT. And a sequel, after 30 years is EVERYTHING I EVER NEEDED.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 5:55 PM

Can't wait for the oncoming sequel to GONE WITH THE WIND. it's called ' MELANIE 'S TRUTH, MAVERICK' and will focus on Melly. She didn't really die, was just very sick, and we will meet her in 1945, at the aftermath of WWII. It star OLIVIA DE HAVILLAND, and like Tom Cruise, she doesn't look a day older than 96.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 6:02 PM

It's obvious Cruise chose Miles Teller so he wouldn't have to compete with a hot young male star. Glen Powell is probably the likeable pretty puppy of the movie who ends up getting killed and everyone is sad.

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2019 6:18 PM

Cruise chose Miles Teller because of HEIGHT

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2019 6:26 PM

I sense some CGI to make Tammy younger. I didn’t think his plastic surgery on his last MI movie was very good.

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 6:29 PM

Has there ever been a more obnoxious douchebag than Miles Teller?

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2019 6:42 PM

Who cares, when he has such a great body?

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2019 6:52 PM

"We may be bored to death, but at at least we won't be hectored to death"

Hectored by what? The fact that women over 50 exist? I guess you'd rather see Miss Tommy as the world's oldest fighter pilot

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2019 6:55 PM

DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO THE ABUSIVE INSIDIOUS CULT THAT IS SCIENTOLOGY! ONLY when his movies tank and the cult discards him, will he ever EVER EVER wake up and leave it! hits him where it hurts him and the cult the pocketbook...

NEVER mind, who does a sequel 34 years later??? no one of high quality directors (spielberg, scorcese, etc.) wants to work with cruise anymore, he has to produce his own movies and use the same directors over and over and over again?

in all honesty, i will say the footage, and cinematography look great, i'm guessing it's going to be visual eye candy with a story somewhere coming in a distant 2nd place.

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2019 7:01 PM

Circle jerk for boomers.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2019 7:05 PM

I went to the Depends zone.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2019 7:06 PM

Tom Cruise is way too old to still be a military fighter pilot.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 7:23 PM

The new trailer makes it clear he is a trainer. Never have I wanted a movie to bomb more. Although I’m in the minority I like Miles.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2019 7:26 PM

R31, i'm guessing the story will be he's a instructor (in reality, DO instructors actually fly jets to teach their students in the program? ARE their instructors cruise's age in real life?) but something happens and only maverick can "save the day" ! can you imagine the EGO of cruise to come up with others this concept and storyline! geez, narcissism knows no bounds!..

surprised cruise doesn't talk about himself in 3rd person already..

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2019 7:28 PM

Isn't Tom Cruise too old to even be a trainer? At least one who actually flies those jets?

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2019 7:28 PM

Top Gun wasn't a hit with boomers, it was a Gen X hit. It was basically a recruitment ad targeted at 80s teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2019 7:29 PM

R34, that is the question i posted? in real life, ARE their instructors of that age? DO they actually go up and fly the jets as their teaching instruction to the students?..

one wonders real life be damn, if maverick is suppose to be how old in the film? never mind, it's been 34 years in reality as well....AND OF COURSE, cruise looks years if not decades younger, why he looks 30 something! (sarcasm)... so so ridiculous how people go on and on about how youthful he looks! oh please! why because he has a full head of dyed hair? not to mention make up and lighting in a movie and photos!...

anyone if they look close and long enough can see the forehead lines, the crow's feet, the wrinkle neck, if IF he looks younger then his years, it's only because of his naturally boyish face, NOT because he doesn't age or isn't aging! he looks his age if you ask me!...

by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2019 7:33 PM

I was 18 and it SUCKED ASS. Only hicks and repressed homos liked top Gun. Girls and fraus loved ' cocktail' and' ' Jerry mcguire' '. Top Gun was a wild loud call in the dark for the repressed and the closeted. It should be call' 'Top Denial'.

by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2019 7:35 PM

Love the poster who said Tom hired Miles Teller because he's fug. No way would Tom have some hot young stud as his co-star.

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2019 7:39 PM

r36 maybe we're supposed to believe that Tom is 30-something in this movie and not pushing 60 lol!

by Anonymousreply 39December 16, 2019 7:40 PM

Glenn Powell should have played Goose's son.

by Anonymousreply 40December 16, 2019 7:43 PM

Tom is too old period.

by Anonymousreply 41December 16, 2019 7:45 PM

Excuse me but I’m the one one who pointed out Tammy used CGI to make him look younger.

by Anonymousreply 42December 16, 2019 7:54 PM

It's so weird this is a sequel to a film from 35 years ago. It would be as if in the same year "Top Gun" was released (1985) they had a sequel to "All About Eve" with Bette Davis: "All About Eve II: Channing."

by Anonymousreply 43December 16, 2019 8:13 PM

This thread needs some young Rick Rossovich to remind us what was good about the first one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 16, 2019 8:46 PM

^^ amazing. I was a teenager sitting in the theater watching the scene feeling my dick getting hard. Good memories.

by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2019 10:13 PM

R38... i don't know about that? i mean cruise did have henry cavill as his co-star in mission impossible 50 or whatever number their up to now! that was a surprise that cruise would have a co-star whose better looking, alot younger, taller and of course better built! then again based on a clip i saw on youtube, in the actual movie OF COURSE cruise's character beats him up and i believe kills him in a a cliff fight! ridiculous!....

i wonder if their WILL BE unintentional laughing in the audience when they see nearly 60 years old cruise be a flight instructor up in the air and who is the ONLY one that can save the day........

we know they'll be running and motorcycle riding of course... it's not that cruise is too old to play a action hero, it's just in this particular storyline of a movie it's silly.

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2019 10:46 PM

R46, In Mission Impossible: Fallout last year, Tom actually filmed a scene where some gay men thought he and Henry were having a threesome in the bathroom stall with another man, and they wanted to join in.

I can't believe Tom agreed to that scene with all of his craziness.

Also, there is a definite homoerotic undertone throughout the movie between Tom and Henry.

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2019 11:00 PM

Looks slick, but if the film doesn't honor the homoeroticism essential to the original's staying power, then it'll have been a pointless exercise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2019 11:03 PM

My grandpa is excited for this.

by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2019 11:08 PM

all i know is HOW SICK, DISGUSTING AND REVOLTING will it be for the promotion of this film, when cruise shows up for the late night talk shows for the OUTRAGEOUS OVER THE TOP butt kissing from fallon, corden, kimmel, and whoever else and they won't say a beep while cruise is a dead beat father and the public face of a abusive insidious cult that is almost as bad, just as bad and in some cases worse then if he was the public face of the kkk, westboro baptist, white supremacy group, etcetera..

SHAME ON ALL OF HOLLYWOOD FOR LETTING CRUISE GET AWAY WITH THIS FOR DECADES NOW!...

by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2019 11:34 PM

Tammy in the danger zone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2019 11:45 PM

I would rather see the sequel to LEGEND.

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2019 11:50 PM

Kelly McGillis said she wouldn't have been interested in doing the movie anyway.

by Anonymousreply 53December 17, 2019 12:01 AM

The volleyball scene looks hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 17, 2019 12:34 AM

Top Gun II: Too Old For This Shit

by Anonymousreply 55December 17, 2019 12:38 AM

I’d rather watch Donald Trump take a shit

by Anonymousreply 56December 17, 2019 12:39 AM

Don’t go too far , dude....

by Anonymousreply 57December 17, 2019 3:25 AM

Here's a comment from the internet, "Ridiculous. There's no way the Navy would let a 60yo midget fly a $50 million death machine."

by Anonymousreply 58December 17, 2019 3:45 AM

The locker room scene was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 17, 2019 4:48 AM

Meh.

Tom Cruise is to fucking old to play a fighter pilot, and everyone knows it but him.

by Anonymousreply 60December 17, 2019 4:50 AM

Male movie stars are allowed to play roles they are too old for but not women

by Anonymousreply 61December 17, 2019 6:26 AM

Babs ... Remember when you thought you were Gawjuss, and Jeff fucking Bridges would fall head over heels for you, and Lauren friggin Bacall would declare that she was in fact jealous of you ? That's when you were not ' allowed ' to play roles anymore.

by Anonymousreply 62December 17, 2019 7:13 AM

James Brolin is just as handsome as Jeff Bridges. Contrary to popular opinion Barbra is beautiful but unfortunately got on the plastic surgery bandwagon.

by Anonymousreply 63December 17, 2019 7:27 AM

Well she did two Focker movies at least one was well liked and a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 64December 17, 2019 7:29 AM

of course the media will ask cruise "why now? why so long after the 1st one?" and he'll reply with some lame deflection excuse nonsense of "it wasn't the right time until now" "or the story for this one now fits" or something like that...

more like? cruise is desperate for hits (i.e. mission impossible again and again, the sequel to jack reacher, a sequel to edge of tomorrow planned, and now this top gun sequel 34 years later).. for years cruise PURPOSELY didn't do sequels (and even stated he didn't like nor want to do sequels to ANY of his movies back when he gave a shit about quality and not repeating himself and you know ACTUAL ACTING!) in the years what changed his mindset? his reputation rightfully taking a hit, his non blockbusters not doing business, the great scripts and great directors aren't coming to him anymore (don't want to be 2nd in command) and so on....

by Anonymousreply 65December 17, 2019 1:55 PM

if you watch closely, they give away the ending. i wont be specific. rewatch the trailer if you want but dont be an asshole and give it away for those who are just casually reading the thread and want to see the movie. i'll see it and i'm pissed off at how much is revealed.

by Anonymousreply 66December 17, 2019 2:54 PM

Just post it, you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 67December 17, 2019 3:00 PM

You guys don't seem to be excited at all by this. How would you feel about an Armaggedon sequel ? Wouldn't THAT be cool ? Just asking

by Anonymousreply 68December 17, 2019 3:03 PM

r67 Why would you get all bitchy because I dont post the end of a movie that hasn't been released? why ruin a huge movie for people who are just interested in reading about it because they're excited for it? personally i hope Paramount re-edits the trailer.

If you want to know what it is, watch the trailer yourself.

by Anonymousreply 69December 17, 2019 3:08 PM

Tom Cruise is the male Madonna

by Anonymousreply 70December 17, 2019 3:22 PM

Rather: Madonna is the male Tom Cruise

by Anonymousreply 71December 17, 2019 3:25 PM

“Maverick “ = the new “Electric Boogaloo”

by Anonymousreply 72December 17, 2019 3:37 PM

A "huge movie" ? People "interested" or "excited" ?

Are you off your meds r69 ?

by Anonymousreply 73December 17, 2019 3:45 PM

R68, OMG Yes!!

by Anonymousreply 74December 17, 2019 6:08 PM

Nobody cares how this dumb movie ends. I say give what you think the ending is. But give a spoiler warning.

by Anonymousreply 75December 17, 2019 7:29 PM

r73 So today, you have called someone a cunt for not revealing the end of a movie that won't be released for 8 months then in reply, asked why anyone would consider Top Gun 2 a huge movie. It is a huge movie. They are spending over $200 million on it. It will be massive. Like it could easily earn $1 billion. The studio is counting on it having a floor of $700 million worldwide or it wouldnt be worth the investment.

Im sorry you arent excited about the movie. Thats cool. Not every movie is for every moviegoer. I am psyched. And i dont get excited too often anymore about upcoming films. For lots of people this is like going to see a new Star Wars movie. And it will be huge with the military and in flyover country.

But i think what makes you an asshole is that you clearly would have no problem ruining a movie for everyone on here because you personally arent interested and can't imagine or dont care that lots and lots of readers here might have a different perspective. And you're on a thread that is about this movie, so you cared enough to click on it just like the rest of us did

by Anonymousreply 76December 17, 2019 7:29 PM

This looks like a campy mess

How much CGI will they use to make Tammy look younger?

by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2019 10:49 PM

It's mostly going to be action sequences, for the Asian audiences. They don't make these kinds of movies for the US market anymore.

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2019 10:58 PM

Tammy's not worried. His fellow scientologists will be forced to see it.

by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2019 12:16 AM

Hey r76, I'm not r67.

Try not to be stupid for once. Just try.

by Anonymousreply 80December 18, 2019 5:08 AM

SORRY, but this former tom cruise movies fan will NOT pay to see his movies anymore when i know his box office, thus his salary are LITERALLY contributing to scientology and he is LITERALLY laughing at all who do pay to see his movies! the silly "wogs", "sp's" and "pts"!...

wants to take our money and laugh at us, we "degraded beings"? i don't think so!..

cruise better pray that the overseas asian market never wises up and realizes what he is the face of and what they are!...

by Anonymousreply 81December 18, 2019 1:16 PM

Pushed to Christmas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 2, 2020 4:20 PM

Pushed to July 4th holiday 2021.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83July 24, 2020 2:09 AM

Can this be the end of Miles Teller please?

by Anonymousreply 84July 24, 2020 2:21 AM

Will the sequel be as gay as the original?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 24, 2020 2:26 AM

Hey, OP, "you can be my wingman, anytime"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2020 2:32 AM

R85 I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2020 2:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!