Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People Who Want To Talk On The Phone Socially

They just like to hear the sound of their own voices, right? They don't like to text because they don't really have any thoughts to communicate and/or are vaguely illiterate, right?

Why would anyone want to talk on the phone for fun?

by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote]Why would anyone want to talk on the phone for fun?

People who actually have friends, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 10:04 AM

To be able to dial numbers with a pencil.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 10:07 AM

They're attention whores, mainly women. They're purposefully doing that for attention. I've seen women walk around stores holding the phone away from their face on speakerphone, and talking at the top of their lungs like they're holding an impromptu conference call.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 10:10 AM

[quote]Why would anyone want to talk on the phone for fun?

We. Are. Doomed.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 10:20 AM

EM Forster: "Only connect."

OP: "Only disconnect."

OP is a troll and a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 10:25 AM

Most of the people I see on the phone in public are men calling about work or to make some kind of arrangements. Otherwise it's older people calling relatives when at a restaurant or at the store. Just yesterday this poor 20-something girl had to take her half-deaf dad's (or granddad's) phone away from him and end a call while we were standing in the checkout line, she looked mortified that he was being so rude.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 10:57 AM

I also talk on the phone sexually and financially. Old obese troll like OP must talk on the phone geriatrically?

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 11:03 AM

OP sounds like a bitter old queen. Nobody wants to talk to you because you sit around in your caftan all day, drinking mimosas and being a big old bitch. Even your Lhasa Apso doesn't love you. Sad! x

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 11:29 AM

Congratulations OP -- you are a talented troll who knows how to push the buttons here. May your whole life consist of nothing but excellent trolling.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 11:32 AM

Well, I can't see OP's point.

If you have a extremely limited vocabulary and very simple thoughts and ideas, it's probably much less stressful to text a few words, than actually speak, especially if you have poor grammar.

When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 11:36 AM

I haven't talked on the phone for fun since I was about 8 years old and my friends and I were really into making prank phone calls. I don't listen to voicemails anyone leaves me. I only talk on the phone when the situation is urgent and otherwise unresolvable and those are almost all business, not personal, situations. At a maximum, I will speak to my closest friends on the phone between once a month and once every two years, depending on the person. But I would absolutely never try to force someone into regularly talking on the phone with me. Someone is doing that to me, lately, and being super passive aggressive about not responding to texts. No one talks on the fucking phone for fun. Everyone hates the phone. That's why they invented texting. It's not 1994 anymore. I don't fucking get it.

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 12:02 PM

I like to talk on the phone with some people. I only do it at home, though. I hardly ever talk on the phone in public. I just hate it. I never, ever do speakerphone in public. Those people deserve to die.

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 2:23 AM

op mistakes the lack of interest that others seem to have in him for something normal.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 2:27 AM

I hate to talk, in general. Even I talk on the phone, at some point, though never in public.

OP, are you real?

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 2:28 AM

Texting with a pencil doesn’t have the same appeal.

by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 2:42 AM

[quote]R10: ... you have a extremely limited vocabulary...

The joke writes itself.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 10:21 AM

r14, I'm real.

I love talking --- in person. I like talking during sex. I talk in my sleep. I talk to my cat. I talk to myself. I love talking to strangers. I hate fucking talking on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 10:49 AM

[quote]People who actually have friends, maybe.

NAH. I’ve got plenty of friends and most of us hate talking on the phone. Of course, we’re not 60, so texting is practical. Talking on the phone is limited to the job, parents, etc.

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2019 10:54 AM

[quote][R10]: ... you have a extremely limited vocabulary...

[quote]The joke writes itself.

r16 - thinks that that is an error of vocabulary.

If we discount it from merely being a typo, then it would, of course, be a grammar, not vocabulary error.

If you're going to correct people, do it correctly.

Nonetheless, it is an error - admittedly.

by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2019 1:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!