Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Portland, OR panhandler goes berserk

And her name is Neely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 11:29 PM

Portland is full of so many disgusting crackheads. I have never seen so many people openly tweaking their balls off in a 5 block walk before.

Their homeless are incredibly belligerent too. If you don’t give them money they’ll cuss you out. It’s not like Chicago where they’ll still say “God bless you” or something.

So this chick doesn’t surprise me one bit.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 3:14 AM

R1 is absolutely correct. I was born in Portland and have lived here most of my life, save a couple years in grad school on the east coast. The homeless population here tends to be confrontational and unhinged. I have stories you wouldn't even believe. It's gotten worse and worse in the last decade as people have flocked here and rent has spiked.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 3:17 AM

She needs to have her panhandling earnings garnished until the damage is paid for.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 3:17 AM

It's Portlandia. She was breaking the windows because they were too reminiscent of Trump's border wall.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 4:14 AM

The woman is mentally ill. Why are there so many mentally ill people living on the streets in this country?

Didn't the repukes say we don't have a gun problem, we have a problem with the mentally ill? They're not doing anything about that, either.

This country is fucked. One of the wealthiest in the world and there are mentally ill living in dreadful conditions. For shame.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 4:22 AM

Ugh, she has three children.

I’ve lived here in Portland for many years, however recently moved back after living elsewhere for five years.

The homeless population has exploded in even the past five years. It is shocking. A shit hole.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 8:06 AM

She just needed a doll - -

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 8:14 AM

Sparkle, Neely, sparkle!

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 12:31 PM

I work in downtown Portland, and it is a shit hole. Junkies passed out on the street, with a syringe besides them. Human turds everywhere. Belligerent tweakers everywhere. The Portland city government is useless, concerned about “optics”. The police force is vastly understaffed . I’m moving my office out of downtown Portland as soon as my lease is up.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 1:16 PM

[quote] I have stories you wouldn't even believe.

Try me.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 1:22 PM

They drummed you out of Seattle, so you come crawling back to Portland. But Portland doesn't go for booze and dope.

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 1:23 PM

[quote]Neely pleaded guilty to one count of first-degree criminal mischief.

Criminal mischief makes it sound like she painted someone's fence pink.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 1:24 PM

Don't blame her. I'm only surprised there isn't more anger.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 1:29 PM

Why did she feel entitled to other people's money?

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 1:59 PM

This is why Trump will win again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 2:15 PM

I dunno, if I was homeless I'd be in someplace warmer- like Miami or Honolulu.

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 3:15 PM

Has Ted Casablanca weighed in?

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 4:15 PM

R5, we only have it on her say so that she is mentally ill:

[quote}Neely told jailers that she had been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder. She said she had been using marijuana on a daily basis and methamphetamine on a weekly basis.

Maybe she is, or maybe she is just telling people that hoping for some sympathy. I just wouldn't pull the "we should be compassionate" card because we don't know anything about her.

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 4:24 PM

Alright R10, here are a few off the top of my head.

1. When I was in high school, I was with my best friend on the MAX (light rail system in Portland). We were around 17, and it was the summer. In east Portland, a girl got onto the train and was acting belligerent. It was hard to tell if she was or wasn't homeless, but I'm guessing she was. I could see her making her way down the car, talking nonsense to people. She finally approached me and my friend, and started fondling my friend's hair and calling her "blondie." My friend batted her hand away, and the girl started laughing hysterically. I could tell by looking at her eyes that she was on drugs, possibly a psychedelic. Out of nowhere, I hear the sound of liquid hitting the floor; I look down, and the girl was pissing her pants. She left a pool of urine on the floor before running off the train at the next stop, laughing.

2. I went to a concert one night (this was around 2014) with my brother and his girlfriend at the Crystal Ballroom. After, we drove to the east side and my brother wanted to stop at a convenience store, so I pulled into a Plaid Pantry (NW equivalent of 7-11). There were two 40-something ex-skater homeless burnouts sitting on the sidewalk in front of the parking space with their skateboards, and because it was dark, you couldn't really see them. As we got out of the car, they shot up and began screaming irrationally, claiming that I tried to run them over—which wouldn't have happened, as they were on the sidewalk and separated from the car by a parking block. They followed us into the store and started threatening my brother and I, while his girlfriend sat in the locked car. They screamed at the clerk not to help us because we "tried to kill them," and the clerk threw them out of the store. When we finished making our purchases, we were confronted again outside, and the shorter of the two threatened to stab us to death and slash our tires. My brother and I are both large guys—he's 6'5" and 6'2"—and we both were prepared to get into a fight, but I was hesitant in case either of them actually did have a knife (which would not have surprised me). The two scumbags continued to scream while we got into the car, and I aggressively pulled out of the parking lot and left.

3. When I was an undergrad and working downtown, I used to take the MAX late at night on the way home on weeknights. It was a Friday and it was around Christmastime, so there were a lot of people out. I was sitting on the train minding my business, listening to music; in front of me was an elderly man who was very well-dressed and appeared to be wealthy. He had some luggage with him, and was ostensibly on his way to the airport. A stop or so before the Pioneer Place mall, a crazed homeless woman (who actually looked more like a man) stumbled onto the train, darting her head back and forth and walking up and down the car repeatedly. She had a box of Chinese food in her hand. I saw her walk past me twice, but continued to zone out to my music. Moments later, I watch her stop where the elderly man in front of me is seated. She stood there staring at him for a few seconds, and proceeded to throw her box of chow mein at his face. The box exploded, and noodles went all over him. To my surprise, this old man (who had to be near 80) bolted out of his seat, chased her down the car, and tackled her to the ground. She started screaming, and fled the train at the next stop in front of the mall. A woman across from me pressed the emergency button to alert the driver and proceeded to call the cops. We ended up sitting there for 45 minutes while police took his statement, and I remember him saying that he wouldn't have tackled her like that if he'd known she was a woman. He also cut his hand up in the process, and they had to bandage him.

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 5:43 PM

[quote]I went to a concert one night (this was around 2014) with my brother and his girlfriend at the Crystal Ballroom.

I would like to add the important information (in this context) that the Crystal Ballroom is a music venue.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 6:06 PM

Can’t they just be euthanized?

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 6:19 PM

Now it will be, "Spackle, Neely, spackle."

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2019 6:30 PM

I love how - for some - "mental illness" is a free license to be a fucking asshole nowadays.

Oh, you throw rocks at people not giving you $5? If ~*only*~! we would get rid of Republicans and fund mental health! Oh, you suffer from anxiety and need to bring your emotional support pitbull into your apartment building? Who are we to judge~!!

Lock 'em up and throw away the key.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2019 7:26 PM

People should just carry pepper spray and hit these junkies and beggars in the eyes.

Hopefully, they'll move on and get a job.

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 7:33 PM

[quote]get a job

But how? Would YOU hire these people?

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2019 7:41 PM

"Boobies, boobies, boobies. Why don't I have any boobies?"

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2019 8:15 PM

Oh, NEELY NEELY NEELY O'HARA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2019 8:17 PM

Hackl, Neely! Hackl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2019 8:23 PM

[quote] Portland is full of so many disgusting crackheads. I have never seen so many people openly tweaking their balls off in a 5 block walk before.

Come to Denver, hon.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2019 8:23 PM

[Quote] Why did she feel entitled to other people's money?

Because the country is run by thieves.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2019 10:43 PM

I Hate L.A. The Underground Comedy Movie Vince Offer

In New York City They don't act so bourgeois Where no-one owns a chihuahua

And in Chicago They got female prostitutes Can't wait to get out of this shithole, babe

Rollin' down Sunset Strip Looking' for a dumb bimbo to sit on my tip Big loose sluts comin' in from the right Sorry I need a girl that's tight

Look at Hugh Hefner He thinks with his dick Why'd you think he ran off And married some plastic chick? All the world loves him for Is so long as the women are whores

From the valley to Orange County To where my mother lives Right in that alley Everybody do your buddy From the backside to the front side

It's just another hokey plug I Hate L.A. We hate it! I Hate L.A. We hate it!

Look at those girls Or are they guys? One of them is looking at me Like he wants to try me up for size

What a freak show When they give each other a blow

Look at that producer Look at that slut She fucked the way to Melrose Place Then she got cut

If I was that girl I'd get the job before I'd fuck around

From Brentwood, Ventura County To where Nicole's head is in that alley Everybody at Mezzaluna Goes home and dies by a Big Kahuna

It's just another bloody day I Hate L.A. We hate it! I Hate L.A. We hate it!

Look at those Crips Look at those Bloods Now I know why I go and cop my drugs What's with these guys Can't think straight when they're doing drive bys

I wanna be famous I should join acting class Or maybe I'd get a part on Baywatch If I kissed Hasselhoff's ass I'd spread my asshole To get a recurring role

Riots We hate it Police beatings We hate it Balaclavas We hate it Traffic jams We hate it O.J. We hate it We hate it We hate it

Earthquakes We hate it I Hate L.A. Billboards We hate it I Hate L.A. Starfuckers We hate it I Hate L.A. Silicone We hate it I Hate L.A. Backstabbers We hate it I Hate L.A.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 11:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!