Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

USA Robust Economy IS Because Trump Gutted EPA

Rolling back every single Environmental policy has caused this Robust economy in America.

But in the end we will all pay, because what Trump is doing is short term gain (employment) for long-term pain (continuing extreme weather)

But if we are all living in the NOW, then why worry about the Environment. Cause as Trump says "I won't be around, so why bother"

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 6:21 PM

The EPA has nothing to do with weather, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 2:36 AM

EPA - Environmental Protection Agency - Trump has gutted pretty much every single Environmental protection in USA

So we will all pay for it at the end.

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 2:38 AM

You lost me at Robust Economy.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 2:43 AM

OP’s not wrong.

EPA regulation roll backs allow corporations to pollute our environment, and cause deforestation, as well as extreme weather, due to carbon emissions that eventually raise temperatures, adding to more extreme weather, hurricanes, high heat, and massive wild fires, specifically in areas that have experienced drought.

The EPA is just one agency that is being gutted. The man is dismantling our government agencies in order to funnel the cash into Russian interests.

Ask Mitch McConnell. He’ll tell ya. Well, he’ll speak in circles and deflect, but either way, OP is absolutely correct, and only MORONS believe otherwise.

It’s coming. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 2:55 AM

The economy was robust well before Trump took office. His policies have had little to no effect on the economy.

On the other hand, the fact that he's rolled back the limits on air pollution will result in the deaths of thousands more Americans every year.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 3:18 AM

Trump ‘s tax bill allowed American corporations to bring billions of dollars of foreign profits into the US without paying taxes on them. These companies were holding the money offshore awaiting for this kind of tax break. This was beneficial to the value of these companies, benefiting their shareholders.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 3:53 AM

EPA is alive and well. I've only very casually followed the issue but my impression is it was pruned back to more or less its original responsibilities. Half a century of mission creep plus empire building had turned it into something nobody ever anticipated. Seizing control of the nations watersheds was an egregious overreach .

I doubt though it's having a major effect on today's economy, though bureaucrats in their little fiefdoms aren't having as much fun as before.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 5:55 AM

[quote] Seizing control of the nations watersheds was an egregious overreach .

I don’t know about the Kalamazoo River, but the river in Virginia caught fire when I was there last.

We absolutely need a counterweight to big business.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 4:04 PM

Cutting taxes by 40% on corporations was much more important than the EPA neutering. Plus flooding the economy with borrowed money - which used to only be done in an economic down cycle, but is now being used to hyper inflate the economy. The US economy is being run like Trumps businesses - enriching him and his friends (or his approval ratings) by borrowing huge sums which he is not responsible for repaying. Too complicated for Deplorables to understand and the financially savvy Republicans are loving their tax free income too much to be ethical about it.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 6:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!