Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What does it mean if you are single on Christmas?

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 12:46 AM

I'm sorry you're spending Christmas alone, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1December 16, 2019 12:48 AM

I'm not in a good place mentally to be with someone else until I have can get my shit worked out

by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 12:51 AM

It means one less present you have to buy. You're saving money.

by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 12:54 AM

It means you're lucky, OP. You don't have to put up with any family or personal relationship drama. Instead, you get to enjoy the holiday in peace.

Count your blessings.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 11:03 PM

I agree. I don't have to watch my alcoholic family fight over a football game. Or listen to crap about Fox news or Trump.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 11:15 PM

OP, did the voices tell you to post this?

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 11:21 PM

We live in a cold, unjust universe, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 11:55 PM

It means you’re highly selective

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 11:58 PM

I’m in the same boat, OP. It’s not the first time. It’s okay.

Decorate the house beautifully, make some nice food, all your favorites. Turn off the news. Play some relaxing music. Put on some white Christmas lights. Burn some fragrant candles. Spend the time spoiling yourself. Buy yourself some nice pajamas or a nice sweater or something you enjoy.

Chinese New Year is at the end of January this year, I believe. The Chinese have a tradition that people are supposed to clean the house from top to bottom and get all their bills paid in preparation for the new year, to start you off with a clean slate at the beginning of the year. It’s a good luck thing. They end on New Years Eve by sweeping all the dirt out the front door. I’m already starting on some of that. It’s a tradition I do every year.

If you like Christmas music, here’s a nice, low key album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 17, 2019 12:19 AM

I've been single my entire life so I must be very ugly.

Or maybe I prefer it that way.

by Anonymousreply 10December 17, 2019 12:31 AM

Why can't Americans say "at Christmas"? ON Christmas Day. ON Christmas EVE. AT Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 12:37 AM

Don’t mock, R10. That’s a real thing for a lot of people. Being handsome or pretty does a lot for your social prospects. I have a lot of relatives who are very attractive and the amount of dreadful behavior that is excused for them is really shocking. If they were average looking, they’d probably all be locked up somewhere.

At Christmas, everyone around you seems happy and full of fun, so if that’s not your situation, it makes it harder to bear. Even knowing a lot of it is fake and put on, and consists of enduring Trumpish relatives, still, having no one does particularly hit harder then usual this time of year.

Have a bit of Christmas compassion, it doesn’t cost anything.

Have a lovely Christmas, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 12:39 AM

[quote] It means you're ugly

Only on the inside, OP.

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 12:39 AM

It means you're comfortable with yourself, and don't feel that by being single you're half a person.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 12:40 AM

But OP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 12:43 AM

I guess I’m doing everything wrong. I’m single and I bought a while shit load of presents for aunts, uncles, cousins, mom and friends.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 12:45 AM

I'm single. I'm taking a holiday trip with some friends, it's going to be a great time.

Quit being a sad sack.

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 12:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!