Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Apple AirPods replacement?

Somebody gave me Airpods a few months ago. I like them a lot. I like the fact that they are good with phone calls and cancel the noise in the background. The cheaper buds that I have used in the past nobody could really understand me on the phone.

Of course I lost one of the earbuds already. I don’t like the price for replacement. What is out there that is cheaper but works just as well? I need a pair of wireless earbuds that people can hear me and have a good noise canceling ability. Any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2020 9:13 PM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link OP? Would it? I mean would that have really been that hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post? Can you give us a straight answer? At least be honest for once in your life and tell us why you were so inconsiderate?

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2019 11:44 PM

How about these OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 16, 2019 2:31 PM

How about these OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 16, 2019 2:31 PM

R3, I had a similar pair to those, also from Amazon--there are tons of Chinese-made blue tooth ear phones like that there.

The sound isn't as good as the high-end ones (likeAirPods), I hate ear phones that stick in your ear, and while cleaning lawn leaves, I lost one.

Next, I'll buy one that go over each ear, like Beats has, but the price is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 3:04 PM

Stupid or lazy?

Here you go:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 3:14 PM

I like peoples personal opinions because articles like @ R5 you never know if they’re paid to promote certain brands.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 3:44 PM

Again, stupid or lazy.

Only a fool would take a single source as authoritative. Let me help you with this.

First, you find a source that provides a baseline - some initial suggestions. Then, you seek out additional reviews, both consumer and professional. Finally, if you're really paranoid, you go to something like Consumer Reports that does not take paid advertisements.

What articles with reviews of several products by a single person does is provide a more standardized assessment. If one person says that the earbuds provide better ambient noise occlusion than another model, you have a relative comparison. The average person does not have a relevant frame of reference across multiple products in the same category in most instances.

However, do as you please.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 3:51 PM

The truth is, you never know what it's going to sound like. until you actually buy it and wear it.

I've been so disappointed by the cheap brands.

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 4:13 PM

Why not treat yourself this Christmas and buy these:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Ooooooo R9!

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 11:41 PM

r5/r7, bitch, we can all Google and research products and reviews online. The point of asking here is to get recommendations so we don't have to do that shit. Normal people, unlike yourself, do not mind recommending a good product that they have actually used.

by Anonymousreply 11December 17, 2019 2:47 AM

Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 12December 17, 2019 1:43 PM

Why don't you get a job that pays you what it costs to live? Then you wouldn't have to worry about these things

by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 2:03 PM

[quote][R5]/[R7], bitch, we can all Google and research products and reviews online.

What part of "However, do as you please" seems to elude you.

If you are comfortable with random people whom you've never met, do not know, and have no idea what level of expertise or relative quality baselines they have making recommendations, go for it.

The willingness of people to take such information as authoritative, rather than as a starting point for doing one's own research and investigation is why social media "influencers" are so big. People want daddy to tell them, rather than seeking out solutions for problems on their own.

But, as previously stated, do as you please. It's not my money.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 2:17 PM

Get on of these keeper things OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 2:54 PM

Bose's earpods sound great but they look weird, jutting out of your ears

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 3:14 PM

R15, I think that invention completely misses the point

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 3:15 PM

Yeah the keeper is bit of a step backwards, but at least you won’t lose an AirPod.

by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2019 3:30 PM

[quote]Yeah the keeper is bit of a step backwards, but at least you won’t lose an AirPod.

Why not simply get wireless earbuds that have a cable connection which will have longer battery life and likely better quality audio due to the wired connection between the two buds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 17, 2019 4:34 PM

Does anyone own the Apple AirPod Pro?

by Anonymousreply 20December 18, 2019 3:04 AM

Rowkin's Micro Ascent are superior to the Airpods in a lot of ways.

1) They look better.

2) They're the smallest wireless earbuds on the market.

3) They stay securely in your ear as opposed to the Airpods, which are always coming loose.

4) They have a much wider range of 20 feet +, so you can walk away from your phone at much greater distances.

The only disadvantages:

1) Only 3.5 hours of battery power, versus the Airpods' 5.

2) Not as powerful reception as the Airpods. If you're around a lot of concrete and/or other signals, the signal will break up, making your music hardly listenable. I have to switch to Airpods for the cardio machines at certain gyms during busy hours.

But Rowkin has been offering refurbished Micro Ascents for the absolute steal price of $55 for the holidays. SO WORTH IT. I bought 3 for others' Christmas presents, in fact.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 18, 2019 3:16 AM

I had Airpods when they first were introduced. If the Apple's corded earphones didn't work for you, the Airpods won't either. Thy just didn't fit well. A kind soul at the health club relieved me of that problem by removing them from my locker. I decided not to replace them. Then the Airpod Pros came out and I bought them. There is no comparison to the first gen Airpods for two reasons. First is the 3 sizes of silicon ear buds they come with to ensure a good fit. That helps prevent them from falling out and acts as a passive noise barrier. Second is the Airpod Pro noise cancelling feature which is pretty awesome. I have worn these on airplanes and in the subway, and in both instances they cut out enough ambient noise I can actually hear my music. They hold a charge for a reasonable time too. I've tried other brands but IMO these are superior.

by Anonymousreply 22December 18, 2019 3:53 AM

Airpods Pro still look tacky and the antennas can still get caught on clothing, etc. and fall out. Few people want to spend the $300, too.

There’s no way I’d spend that much with Apple’s competitors getting better and cheaper each year.

by Anonymousreply 23December 18, 2019 7:32 AM

I’ve never heard of Rowkin's Micro Ascent . I’m going to do more research on them thank you.

by Anonymousreply 24December 19, 2019 1:04 AM

AirPods suck!

by Anonymousreply 25December 29, 2019 9:00 PM

Has anybody tried the AirPod pros? They worth the $250?

by Anonymousreply 26January 8, 2020 8:17 PM

I always need to use the over-ear type of headphones or else they will fall out of my ears.

I just bought these, the reviews seem great and they are very inexpensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 8, 2020 8:25 PM

Pass for me. I know I'd lose them and I'd hate having to keep them charged. Untangling the cord is less of a headache

by Anonymousreply 28January 8, 2020 9:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!