Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Never work with fraus if you don't have to, those cunts have no boundaries.

Before you roll your eyes at the thought of your company's Secret Santa exchange, you might want to read one man's truly incredulous experience after his coworker googled how much he spent on her gift. According to the anonymous poster on Reddit, not only did his coworker message him that she knew he spent less than their company's agreed upon minimum, she decided to try her luck and ask for a serious upgrade -- because of her kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2019 6:04 PM

The LIMIT was $50, not the minimum, nor was it the target amount.

Also, what he should have done was find out who received the woman's present and spoken to that person.

There is no way a greedy person like that spent $50 on a co-worker. Between the giver and the recipient of her gift, he could have suggested that he'll "gift" the difference to that person.

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2019 2:55 PM

That Reddit thread is a year old, OP. They're all dead now.

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2019 3:31 PM

This is why gift exchanges at work are such a bad idea. Coworkers are coworkers, not friends, not family. Don't create an awkward situation where they have greater expectations than they should have.

If anyone's gonna play Secret Santa, let it be the company, and gift everybody.

The engineer dude should've taken this exchange to management and said, No more Secret Santa. Not when this happens as a result.

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2019 3:51 PM

He should have beat the shit out of that bitch then paid a couple of ugly Mexicans and a black guy to rape her in the stairwell.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2019 3:56 PM

"I've also made a payment plan where the system will transfer 10% charity fees from your paycheck to my paycheck, so that way you don't have to worry about all the confusing details of donating to me and my family! I went ahead and signed off on it for you because I already know you want to help my family because you make more than me. Thanks OP you're the best!.....So should I sign your name on the giftcard for the tablet, or do you want the kids to just assume Santa/I got it for them?"

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2019 3:59 PM

I also hacked into your lawyer’s database and changed your will to include me and my family in it. Since you don’t have kids I knew you wouldn’t mind. Should you have an untimely death I will get your house and all your other assets will be divided among my children. Also, I’ll need $15,799.46 to hire a hit man. The assassin is not for you of course. Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2019 3:59 PM

$50 is on the high side for a gift exchange, isn't it? That could be a real burden to younger and lower paying employees - although it isn't mandatory.

I'm shocked at what people think of as a 'nice' Christmas nowadays. My friend's sister took $3500 out of his dad's bank account for Xmas. What the hell? Then that grifter guy on GoFundMe wanted $2k - then upped it to $3K - to give his two boys a good Xmas.

Why the fuck do these children get multi-thousand dollar Christmases? Worse yet - don't set the bar so high with expectations, because you'll have to meet that every single year. It's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2019 4:11 PM

During college I would back home during Christmas and work during holiday break at a local store to earn extra money. They would do a Secret Santa gift exchange and would include me as well.

One year this frau who was a major cunt found out that everyone had avoided being her Secret Santa since she was a major bitch—which left me with getting her name. She cried to the manager about it, so he made the employees draw names again. I think in part she thought that because I was a college student I would get her a shitty gift.

When I found out about this, I went out of my way to get a really expensive gift for the other employee I’d been assigned when they drew names a second time. I even had the present professionally wrapped.

Watching this cow seethe with jealousy while this other lady unwrapped the gift I brought was the best Christmas present ever.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2019 4:15 PM

*go

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2019 4:19 PM

Back when I was in the workforce I worked for a huge conglomerate. We had a strict no employee gift exchange at work policy. This "secret Santa" bullshit is one of the stupidest things anyone ever implemented into the work environment.

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2019 4:20 PM

Dobn't work with men. Men are more homophobic than women.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2019 4:21 PM

R4, your racism is as appropriate as the actions of the cunty coworker.

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2019 4:23 PM

The whole thing seems fake as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2019 4:25 PM

"Men are more homophobic than women."

Not in my experience. Women tend to use it against the gay as if it is still the '50s and can get them fired or shunned. But true Homophobia is pretty rare across the board these days so not sure what planet some of you are living on. Planet Victim?

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2019 4:27 PM

Fraus are homophobic too - they are just less up front about it. I know one that went to HR because a gay co-worker saw her husband in a photo on her desk and said he was very handsome. She said that it made her feel uncomfortable - and that she didn’t appreciate having her husband “sexually objectified” like that. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2019 4:28 PM

There is no problem with secret Santa but $50 seems high. I’ve only worked at one place with a traditional secret Santa and the limit was $20. The other places you were expected to get novelty or gag gifts with a limit of $5-10. It should be fun experience to build comradeship and teamwork. Then the boss/company gives the real presents and or bonus.

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2019 4:34 PM

Unfortunately many fraus and frau-adjacenct gays like to entertain themselves at work by starting unnecessary drama. Most straight guys don’t want to be bothered with that because they get that BS at home from their wives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2019 4:34 PM

The fraus posting here will claim it's fake. That'll make it easier to block them.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2019 4:55 PM

Because this is exactly like what happens to everybody every Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2019 5:26 PM

This is fake.

by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2019 5:29 PM

Who from DL is reading anything on a site called cafemom? "CafeMom covers everything moms care about, including parenting & pregnancy, relationships, home, food, beauty & style and a good dose of entertainment." So relevant to all of the gay men on here.

Fuck off, this is fake. Whoever came up with the "frau" dialogue needs to find something else to do in life, it did not seem even remotely real.

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2019 5:31 PM

This may ne a bit off topic, and I'm sorry to say it, but there is nothing worse than working with a staff of women. Be it an office, restaurant, clothing store. Drama drama drama.

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2019 5:40 PM

R21 it's one of those sites that advertises in those annoying scrolly boxes with weird images designed to get you to click.

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2019 5:51 PM

R21=triggered frau.

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2019 6:05 PM

R20=frau.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2019 6:05 PM

I can actually believe this is real, not fake. Unfortunately there are these kind of entitled folks (of both sexes, non-sexed, questioning, undecided, confused, whatever) that exist. I personally simply ignore their “demands” and move on.

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2019 6:11 PM

r22. I agree and I'm a woman! They are all extroverts and most of them were hired by friends or family so you can imagine the complex relationship bullshit that goes on. I promised myself never to work with all women again. I didn't heed my own advice. Needed a job. I'm an introvert who just wants to go to work, mind my business and go home. Nope, not enough DRAMA for them.

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2019 6:17 PM

You made me howl R2. Come sit next to me.

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2019 6:31 PM

In my experience, about 90% of women in the workplace are totally fucking useless.

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2019 6:45 PM

Just have all the coworkers stand in a circle and simultaneously hand each other a $50 bill. Done.

by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2019 6:52 PM

Buying someone a gift because you've been forced to do it is not what the season of giving is all about.

by Anonymousreply 31December 15, 2019 7:57 PM

I don't recall the link to the web site, but years ago when I was managing a large Google Ads account for my employer, Google sent me a $200 credit of sorts as a holiday gift to donate to any of the charities listed on said site. You could browse through people's listings seeking donations, and I ended up going with an art teacher, from Georgia, who was seeking funds for art supplies for her students. I ended up getting a package sent to me weeks later, with drawings from all of her students, as well as hand written letters from her and all of them thanking me.

by Anonymousreply 32December 15, 2019 8:21 PM

Most of my friends were women and gay men until I worked for five years in a female/gay male dominated office. Sadly was the worst professional experience of my life, but I actually learn to appreciate friendship and working with straight men as a result.

I now work in a different workplace with all straight men and although they have their own drama and conflict, it’s about a tenth of the manufactured conflict you deal with in an office of fraus and gay men.

We did have a couple of women on the team for a time and it was non-stop drama—and double standards when it was convenient i.e. I want to be treated equally (unless it comes to sharing the workload—or if I start crying). They ultimately stopped doing their jobs because they knew management would rather turn a blind eye than keep dealing with HR. These women would have been fired months before if they’d been men.

There are a lot of women who are not like this in the workplace, but unfortunately when the workplace is primarily fraus and frau-adjacent gays the office space is a pit of vipers. This is especially true of upper management is women.

Anyone who says this isn’t accurate to some degree is full of 💩.

by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2019 8:51 PM

If

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2019 8:51 PM

That's really cool, R32.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2019 9:29 PM

At my last big office job I spent like 5 bucks more than the limit and you would have thought I was handing out gold coins to everyone, for all the oohs and aahs it got.

Someone wanted a hot/cold insulated drinking cup and I forgot until the last minute so I went to Starbucks. Whatever.

But yeah, 20 bucks should be the absolute limit. I've been at other places where it was ten bucks.

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2019 9:33 PM

OP loses credibility with incorrect usage of the word "incredulous".

by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2019 9:33 PM

Your post is offensive , using the most degrading word you can to describe women . You dilute any message you attempted to convey.

We get you have been hurt and likely discriminated against. We all get it. Get over yourself and the juvenile name calling

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2019 9:42 PM

R38 is very Tender To The Touch!

by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2019 9:51 PM

Well if the max is 50 you would think people would come close. Clearly this was a place where people make good money. The guy was a stingy bastard. At least spend $40.

by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2019 9:57 PM

I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand the constant petty gossip, backbiting, jealousy, rivalry, etc, that goes on in the workplace. Don't people go to work to do their job at the best of their ability anymore? No wonder so many dream of starting their own business. Yes women supervisors and managers are generally incompetent and want to make you do their job for them including training.

Thankful I don't have to work anymore unless I actually desire the job.

Bottom line, gift exchanges sadly only encourage the negative traits in most employees instead of uniting the team.

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2019 10:26 PM

I never participate in Secret Santa at my office, ever. They know not to even ask me. Too much frauly drama.

by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2019 10:39 PM

I like how if one frau in the office gets pregnant—or buys a house or a new car, suddenly a bunch of them are pregnant or buying a house or car as well. 🐑 🐑 🐑 🐑 🐑

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 10:49 PM

The secret is to go to an expensive store and buy something from the clearance section. Not from work, but during college a group of single friends decided to do a gift exchange but we didn't set a limit. Also, ours wasn't exactly secret two people's name was chosen at a time, as a boy/girl couple, so we knew whom we would be exchanging gifts with. I got partnered up with a very rich princess type, that I knew would spend much more than I could. Over Thanksgiving I visited Atlanta, with my family and we went to Lenox Square. While walking around Neiman Marcus, I noticed a glass kitten figurine, normally priced at $150.00, that was in the clearance area marked down to $30.00. Since she loved cats, it was perfect, especially since it had a tag saying something like "a Neiman Marcus Exclusive." She loved it and thought I spent a fortune, and there was no hard feelings. She bought me a gift that had to cost well over $100. I even got a BJ.

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 10:54 PM

The Curse of The Frauen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 11:02 PM

Get a load of this frau, who demands people send her Xmas cards OR ELSE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 15, 2019 11:05 PM

R38 is on the rag.

by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2019 11:45 PM

White elephant gifting is the only way to go in a group setting. This is how I get rid of that Old Spice gift set my sister always sends me.

by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2019 12:36 AM

This is one of the reasons I left Cubeland, and went to work in an ICU. ' Nobody in an ICU has any patience with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2019 12:40 AM

Fraucunt

by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2019 4:17 AM

I was asked to be in a secret Santa exchange. The reason organizing sent me an email asking me to list three gifts I would possibly be buying @ $25 value and then they would pair me with someone. I was thinking wtf why do you need to know what I would buy? I did not even respond. I hate secret santa i always get some crappy gift even though I give nice gifts.

by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2019 5:09 AM

Infantilism. Call it what it is. And they all hate hard work.

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2019 6:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!