Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What has been your best vacation ever?

I think I’ve been in quite a few good vacations in the past few years. I’m currently exploring Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine and it might be the best yet!

What cool trips have you been on? Any types of vacations that make you happy?

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2020 3:40 PM

My best vacation was one that almost everyone would consider very mundane My BF rented a cabin in the Hocking Hills (SE Ohio) for my birthday. I had no idea what to expect. We picked up groceries at a Kroger in Circleville (strange town). We went hiking in the local state parks (Old Man's Cave, Ash Cave, Conkle's Hollow and Cantwell Cliffs. We came 'home' to the cabin, and relaxed in the hot tub, and watched a couple of movies. I remember we watched the newer version of 'Peter Pan', and 'Ratatouille'. The Hocking Hills have the darkest night skies in Ohio, so you can see the Milky Way. After dinner and a movie, we went out on to the deck, and listened to the treefrogs, and got to watch two meteors cross the sky. I just hugged him and thanked him for loving me so much. It was so quiet (except for the frogs, and the rooster nearby the next morning).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2019 2:50 AM

An ex boyfriend and I spent two weeks in the Swiss Alps. It was an awesome trip. We fucked several times per day and really connected when we were vertical.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2019 2:51 AM

I love getting a house right on the coast of Northern California in summer. Escape from East Coast heat to the most stunning ocean and cliffs and wide open mountains scenery. Spectacular sunsets, peaceful, cool, fresh air. And a party weekend in San Francisco before and after - a city I love and a gay Mecca still no matter what the haters say.

I love Europe - south of France, Swiss Alps, Italy, Spain, Portugal - and Central and South America - Brazil, Costa Rica, Pacific Coast of Colombia and Mexico. But there is something truly relaxing, rejuvenating, comfortable, easy and perfect about north California Coast. Not exotic - but all the amenities and some of the most beautiful scenery and sunsets in the world.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2019 3:11 AM

Hi Ernst. How many loads have you extracted from your 6'6" husband since you started your vacation?

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2019 3:13 AM

Costa Rica. Manuel Antonio .

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2019 3:19 AM

I was in India for several months and each day was like a movie. Not always an easy trip bust so interesting.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2019 3:29 AM

R1! I’ve not been to Hocking, but it seems like a lot of fun. With where I live it could easily be a weekend trip. As for how “mundane” your trip sounds, that is exactly what I like! We’re been spending a fair amount of time back in our “home base” location rather Ffa completely working all day.

R2, that sounds like fun! I don’t like to fly, but internationally I would love to go to Switzerland. It seems to beautiful and fun!

R4 - 17

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2019 3:33 AM

Probably Maui. Santa Barbara and Palm Springs were fun weekend places too. I have only ever been on a few proper vacations.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2019 3:36 AM

R7 Why don't you like flying Ernst? You should able to get fucked a lot in the plane's bathroom since you are so tiny.

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2019 3:49 AM

My favorite vacation was after I said hello on a website to an intelligent, handsome 6'4" bi dreamboat with about 8.5" who was to visit my area. Thought he was a bit out of my league, so I was nervous. We met at his hotel and I thought he'd say no, but he did not. We spent the week together; a theme park, a museum, at dinners. He treated me like a prince and insisted on paying for everything despite my objections. Every night he demonstrated amazing skills and was a perfect gentleman who knew what we both needed. How? One night I got a sweet surprise when he mounted me; he was so tight and warm inside as I undulated in ecstasy. He gave me the best oral I've had; I was embarrassed I could not stop orgasming. He rushed to the bathroom with bloated cheeks to spit. We'd embrace all night. I fondly remember his long legs wrapped around mine. Everything great must end, but a bright spot poked through. My cellular rang the evening T should've been home. He was here an extra night! Would I join him? No need to ask. We indulged. Never heard the term vacation boyfriend, but that's what I had and shall never forget. T, thanks for the greatest memories I'll always treasure. If you called, sorry I missed you. I could not have come to you then. Hope you're happy and well! J.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2019 4:19 AM

r5 not worth risking my life in that 3rd world island nation.

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2019 5:16 AM

Took QE2 to Southampton, a week in London, then train to Wales and ferry to Ireland, week in Ireland. Total bliss.....

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2019 5:23 AM

Tie:

5 days in Venice. Gobsmackingly incredible!

Six weeks hiking in Fiordland National Park and travelling around South Island, New Zealand. Paradise!

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2019 5:27 AM

Our favorite Vacation was our song that charted in the Top 10.

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2019 5:34 AM

All of those sound like awesome trips! I am not really looking for what R10 has personally, but I can see how that would be a lot of fun.

How often does everyone go on a big trip? In the past we did one big trip per year, but we were also spending a lot more money flying for Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. to see my husband’s family. We’re thinking about doing a couple now so we can see more places. I’m just curious how others do it.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2019 12:56 PM

I try to do one a year. Though as I get older, I’m less interested in exotic and more interested in first world luxury and ease in a beautiful natural area with a stop in a major gay city.

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2019 2:38 PM

Aside from some very memorable camping trips, I'd have to say Morocco.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2019 3:15 PM

Seconding the India suggestion. We went for 2 weeks - twice - and it was amazing both times. We had such a great time, and the two weeks felt like we were gone for six months.

Puerto Rico is a very close second.

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2019 3:57 PM

Locarno 6 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2019 5:46 PM

Aruba seriously

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2019 6:04 PM

Scottish Highlands, 2002. Everything so beautiful, I'd just start weeping all the time. Aye, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2019 6:29 PM

Iceland. Got to see the Northern Lights and to climb a glacier.

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2019 6:38 PM

Romantic-wise, I'd say a good vacation is going somewhere cold (snowy) and secluded.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2019 7:29 PM

[quote] How often does everyone go on a big trip?

Ernst, what's your definition of a "big trip"?

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2019 7:30 PM

R24, something more than a weekend away. Maybe it’s just us, but my husband and I go on a lot of weekend camping/hotel/cabin trips within a few hours drive. We typically go away for a week or more once per year, typically in the summer.

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2019 8:27 PM

R16, I know the feeling. I don’t mind camping in the summer, but I also appreciate a vacation in which I don’t have to work for my food. It is nice to be able to pick from a menu!

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2019 8:32 PM

Camping is always a lot of fun. Especially when you have a big strong man to keep you warm.

I got on a big trip every other year or so. It just depends on how things are going at work and money. I also have to find someone to go with me.

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2019 12:14 AM

When I was broke and in college, Peru for four months. The perfect place to be broke and in college because everything is so cheap. Peru has it all -- Alps-level scenery, jungle, beaches, hundreds of archaeological sites, cloudforest, hiking, etc.

Went back in my thirties with much more money to spare and experienced it all in more luxury, and enjoyed it even more!

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2019 2:55 AM

10 days riding a motorcycle around New Zealand’s South Island.

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2019 3:05 AM

Concorde to London, four nights at the Dorchester, then QE2, first class back to NY. Won this trip in a contest.

by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2019 3:13 AM

Another vote for India. I went for three weeks around Christmas a few years ago, and it was incredible. A whole different world, and everyday felt like an adventure. It was crazy, sometimes a little scary (rickshaw rides...), and beautiful. The best things about that trip were unplanned, like when we came across a tea factory that people were nice enough to let us visit, or making an impromptu stop at a beautiful waterfall along the way... Great memories.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2019 12:12 PM

Porto Ercole in Italy - stayed a week at the beautiful Il Pellicano hotel. It was perfect, casually chic with beautiful people. Literally did nothing but lounge around the pool, read books, eat fantastic food and drink incredible wine. It's an amazing place.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2019 12:33 PM

Saba with my boyfriend and friends. Empty island. Found a pool in a gracious hotel where we swam looking out on the ocean. The others went on a rum hop to tiny bars and shacks where they made their own. One road. Quaint hotel. Could only be reached by boat. Only snorkeling, scuba, no beaches. Lazy nights. Happiest I've ever been.

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2019 12:40 PM

Croatia in June on the Dalmatian Coast Dubrovnik Adriatic Sea. Highly recommend this place.

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2019 8:47 PM

Thank you everyone!

We are home safe, dodging snow al the way. I’m going to spend some time looking into these ideas and hopefully we will have another fun trip this summer!

I recommend an early winter New England trip.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2019 1:13 AM

R1. Im a Hocking Hills fan too ... your story was sweet ...

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2019 1:32 AM

I’m reading this thread from New Delhi. We arrived a couple of days ago for a 3 week trip and so far it’s been amazing. My favorite vacation ever was 2 weeks walking the last section of the Camino trail in Northen Spain. There was spectacular scenery (with geography changing each day), it was peaceful, it’s cheap and on the last night (when we got to Santiago de Compostella) we stumbled across an Irish jig in a pub that was just wonderful. Loved it!

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2019 2:00 AM

That sounds fabulous, R30. What did you do in London?

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2019 2:04 AM

Pakistan earlier this year. The most incredible mountain landscapes, historical monuments, architecture, food and above all, the people who treated me with such affection and hospitality, it often made me emotional. An adventure I’ll never forget.

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2019 2:05 AM

My best vacation ever was a one year RV trip to the

Pacific coast of Mexico. We visited and did extended

stays at all locations from Puerto Vallarta to Puerto

Escondido. And I was lucky enough to have a 20

year old Mexican cabin boy for 8 months of that one

year trip.

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2019 2:13 AM

Are toi coing to stat in thé north or visite the test of the countrt, R37? Anyway, enjoy and stay safe!

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2019 2:37 AM

Just had a stroke sorry about that.

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2019 2:39 AM

My best vacations have always been when I’m with fun people. It’s more about the people than the places most of the time

Had phenomenal trips to Australia, London. Peru, Backpacking throughout Europe in college, with four friends.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2019 3:17 AM

My best vacations are alone in nature. But with comfortable lodgings. Southern Utah parks - arches, Capitol Reef, Zion - are one of the best. Or Swiss Alps.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2019 3:20 AM

Mine was a month in New Jersey at the beach. Now before you all get nasty about it, you asked. It was my best vacation.

My parents fell ill after moving into my house while they were looking for another after moving from New Jersey. I lived in Phoenix. After a winter and spring realizing this was a done deal, my sister gave me her beach house on a barrier island in NJ for the month of August.

I spent the morning walking along the beach, then eating in a deli-breakfast place nearby. After I would get my swim suit on and swim in the ocean till 10, the warm fantastic Atlantic, compared to the ice-cold Pacific. After swimming I would get into the car and drive into the city and see the sights and have some snacks.

I would get back to the beach about 7, and walk in the water edge, and watch the people that would be there with me in a light that only an east coast beach can have with the sun setting.

I completely relaxed, and did whatever I wanted, when I wanted, and it was fantastic.

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2019 3:32 AM

New Orleans during Halloween. I barely partied but it was just so magical. I felt like I was in a daze the whole time

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2019 3:39 AM

I walked the Camino de Santiago from Leon to Santiago in the heatwave of August 2018. I hated every single step I took. Looking back now I think it was the most memorable experience of my life and I take great pride of having done it. Would I do it again? Hell NO!

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2020 12:41 PM

Best vacation I ever had there are two of them. One at a house on a little island in a lake in New Hampshire. I'm told I raised sleeping to art form from that one. I slept everywhere the dock, the bed, the couch. Hey, sleep has always been important to me. And chasing guppies with friends that was awesome.

We've all gone our separate ways now. I find it more difficult to make friends because we don't have common items like this in our past.

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2020 3:04 PM

And the second one with my husband - it was only about 40 miles from home. I love going camping. As in roughing it with a tent. Spouse at the time was iffy having never been camping. Me I've been a zillion times and love it. Couldn't do it now as my disability could make hikes to the bathroom/showers interesting.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2020 3:22 PM

A good thread for our days of captivity. I love the parks of souther Utah and Northern AZ. Stunning scenery, beautiful air, easy accommodations and easily accessible. It’s always a rejuvenating escape from city life.

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2020 3:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!