Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stars of 'Geri Jewell' defend controversial Clint Eastwood drama: 'We're not making a political statement'

Even before Clint Eastwood’s latest biographical drama, Geri Jewell, arrived in theaters, battle lines were drawn over the movie’s depiction of real-world events. On one side are those who applaud the movie for depicting how mistakes committed by the Facts of Life producers and star and the media in the aftermath her being tossed off the show without nary a mention — retarded girl Geri Jewell (played in the film by Chris "Corky" Burke) — being tried and convicted in the public eye. On the other are those who condemn Eastwood and screenwriter Billy Ray for taking dramatic liberties with the story that play into suspicions of the press and federal authorities that are prevalent in right-wing circles.

by Anonymousreply 22December 20, 2019 7:51 PM

Very funny, cunt.

Nobody even knows what the fuck you are talking about, although I do.

And it's so NOT hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2019 9:39 PM

Well, I DID bomb in Atlanta, once!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2019 9:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2019 9:51 PM

OP, dear, you are awful!

And I am still laughing uncontrollably.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2019 9:51 PM

R1 = Blair. Still embarrassed by her CP cousin

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2019 9:58 PM

Surely the mistake was her tossed *ON* the show.

by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2019 10:39 AM

R1: The fact that you are dumb doesn't mean the rest of us share that quality. The controversy around the film is even on international press

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2019 10:56 AM

Yep. Even Cloris Leachman has weighed in on it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2019 10:58 AM

Did anyone see the movie this weekend?

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 4:14 PM

Linda Purl and Shaun Cassidy made statements that they were upset they were not cast

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 4:20 PM

Fourth on weekly list of box office ... $5 million

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 4:22 PM

Molly Ringwald was contacted but did not issue a statement

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 4:25 PM

Heather McDonald does a mean Geri Jewell!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 17, 2019 6:53 AM

It's threads like this one that remind me why I love Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 14December 17, 2019 6:58 AM

If it’s so wrong, why does it feel so right?

by Anonymousreply 15December 17, 2019 7:18 AM

WHET Linda Purl. Wasn't she in the TV movie TWIRL? A riveting film about the treacherous world of teenage baton twirling.

if my parents didn't know I was a gayling the way I reacted to that film let them know.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 7:22 AM

One of those movies that I know probably is good but I have no desire to see. Also let's face it. Jeri has a face you just dont want to see on the big screen. They should have cast the star of I Can Only I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 7:23 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 17, 2019 5:06 PM

This movie would have been a hit.

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2019 7:08 AM

^Only if it were streamed online. DLers don't leave their homes to go see movies.

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2019 7:33 AM

Especially ones about ugly fat people.

by Anonymousreply 21December 20, 2019 12:05 PM

I saw the Eastwood movie and I’ll even watch Geri. DLers are not all Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 22December 20, 2019 7:51 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!