Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stars of 'Richard Jewell' defend controversial Clint Eastwood drama: 'We're not making a political statement'

Even before Clint Eastwood’s latest biographical drama, Richard Jewell, arrived in theaters, battle lines were drawn over the movie’s depiction of real-world events. On one side are those who applaud the movie for depicting how mistakes committed by the FBI and the media in the aftermath of the 1996 Olympic bombing led to an innocent man — security guard Richard Jewell (played in the film by Paul Walter Hauser) — being tried and convicted in the public eye. On the other are those who condemn Eastwood and screenwriter Billy Ray for taking dramatic liberties with the story that play into suspicions of the press and federal authorities that are prevalent in right-wing circles.

In a new interview with Yahoo Entertainment, the stars of Richard Jewell — Kathy Bates and Hauser — sought to find common ground between the two camps. “I don’t want this film to be used in any kind of political way,” stresses Bates, who plays Jewell’s mother, Bobi. “That’s not why Clint made this movie. He made it because he felt it was a real American tragedy and he’s always been drawn to those stories.” Adds Hauser: “This is an isolated incident in which several people in different groups, either by omission of action or inaction, did something wrong and the Jewell family took a serious toll. We’re not making a political statement, we’re making a character-driven film, and the outcome is righting the wrong for Richard.”

The agreed-upon facts are these: While working security during a concert at Atlanta’s Centennial Olympic Park on the evening of July 27, 1996, Jewell discovered a backpack containing three pipe bombs. Alerting the authorities, Jewell aided with an evacuation moments before the devices exploded — crucial moments that prevented a higher casualty toll. Initially hailed as a hero, Jewell was designated as a possible suspect by the FBI in the days following the bombing. That information that was first reported by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution journalist Kathy Scruggs (played by Olivia Wilde) and swiftly gained national attention. After an 88-day investigation, the FBI cleared Jewell of all suspicion; he later sued multiple media outlets alleging libel, including the Journal-Constitution. (Scruggs died in 2001; Jewell died in 2007.)

In the film’s version of events, Scruggs gets the scoop about Jewell after sexually propositioning an FBI agent (Jon Hamm, playing a fictionalized character). Not surprisingly, the newspaper has objected to that portrayal, even demanding that a disclaimer be attached to the movie when it opens in theaters on Dec. 13.

Bates says that while the movie makes note of the media and FBI’s mistakes in the aftermath of the bombing, it’s not passing judgement on any person or organization. “I want to point out that it’s not an indictment of the FBI or the media; they just got it wrong. We want the media to tell the truth. We want the FBI to be able to do their work and be appreciated for it. We want to trust our government. All of those elements that we need to have a healthy America.”

Both stars are also aware that the debate over the movie’s politics are clouding its central purpose of honoring the real Jewell. “More than anything, all of us felt tremendous responsibility [to Richard],” remarks Bates, who recently received a Golden Globe nomination for her performance. Hauser says that he admires the man he portrays for not giving up on his dream of pursuing a career in law enforcement. “The thing that he was good at and the thing he cared about was turned against him,” the actor says. “My heart went out to him when I saw that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111December 19, 2019 7:51 AM

Fuck Clint Eastwood.

I will NEVER watch a movie of his.... EVER.

I will never put one single penny of my money into his pocket. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 1December 13, 2019 9:00 PM

Fuck Kathy Bates for acting in this movie.

I can't believe that I actually used to like her in AHS.

by Anonymousreply 2December 13, 2019 9:00 PM

R2 She probably did the movie because it's Oscar bait.

by Anonymousreply 3December 13, 2019 9:03 PM

OMG I LOVE THE FBI.

The FBI is the greatest organization in the world and they’re always perfect and always do everything right - anyone who says otherwise is evil.

by Anonymousreply 4December 13, 2019 9:14 PM

Richard Jewell's story is an incredible one, but this precise story being told at this precise moment is tone-deaf at best, and I'm not willing to give a man who screamed at a chair on the stage of the RNC the benefit of the doubt for "best"

by Anonymousreply 5December 13, 2019 9:20 PM

[quote] OMG I LOVE THE FBI

Sorry, but if I have to choose between the FBI and Clint Eastwood, then I choose the FBI.

FUCK. CLINT. EASTWOOD.

by Anonymousreply 6December 13, 2019 9:21 PM

Fuck the press and their self righteous histrionics. It's a movie and liberties will be taken. The gist of the film, that the Atlanta Journal and their right wing buddies worked together to villanize this guy on a national scale is 100 percent correct. They went ahead with a story that was iffy at best and just kept pushing it relentlessly. I'm laughing at all these movie reviewers who are rushing to defend this shitty reporter Kathy Scruggs as if it's the middle ages and she's some maiden in distress. And the whole "misogyny " claims are ridiculous because the movie is just as hard on the (primarily male ) authorities and the absolute idiocy they displayed in this case.

by Anonymousreply 7December 13, 2019 9:26 PM

Clint Eastwood is basically Leni Riefenstahl at this point.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2019 11:01 AM

It's based on a book of actual journalism. The movie fictionalizes that and makes it a Good vs Evil story, the same way Clint Eastwood wholly invented the "evil" control tower bureaucrats in "Sully".

His movies have become less and less even over time and have become more and more about pushing his agenda with stereotypes and dated tropes.

Also he ruined Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

by Anonymousreply 9December 14, 2019 11:09 AM

Eastwood has become a rightwing hack and this movie proves it.

Anyone who sees this movie is contributing, more or less, to Trump and his minions.

Don't see it.

by Anonymousreply 10December 14, 2019 11:45 AM

Clint Eastwood made a pro Trump era movie but he got caught and the films stars are doing damage control. It's funny that all the right wingers used to love the FBI when they were infiltrating, and spying on Black and left wing organizations but now all of a sudden they hate the FBI

by Anonymousreply 11December 14, 2019 11:50 AM

I coaxed Kathy Bates over to the dark side 👹!

by Anonymousreply 12December 14, 2019 11:51 AM

The themes in most of Eastwood films are actually quite progressive and liberal.

by Anonymousreply 13December 14, 2019 11:59 AM

Dirty Harry, Sudden impact, Hang em High, Absolute Power, American Sniper, .....

by Anonymousreply 14December 14, 2019 12:06 PM

Well, you go see his films R13 and the rest of us liberals will let him entertain the rapist and racist crowd with his alleged "liberal and progressive" propaganda. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 15December 14, 2019 12:08 PM

This story needs to be told.

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2019 12:11 PM

R13 “You made my Day!”

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2019 12:13 PM

Eastwood chose this point in time to resurrect this story for a reason. So fuck off pretending that this movie doesn’t have a political agenda. Dog whispers aplenty.

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2019 12:17 PM

I hope this movie goes down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2019 12:19 PM

Doesn’t the film lambaste right-wing conspiracy theorists?

Not that that makes up for Eastwood’s political leanings.

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2019 12:24 PM

We've heard for decades that Eastwood used to be a street hustler and sold his ass to men. It would be so delicious if someone could prove that without a doubt.

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2019 12:32 PM

eastwoood lost his credibility years ago, lets get real.

he was a spokesman for the republican party, with his lame empty chair schtick.

he is tired.

next....

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2019 12:37 PM

The story is important and this man and what he went through shouldn't be forgotten, but agreed, subtext is important and Clint clearly decided to do THIS specific story at THIS specific time for a politically motivated reason. He chose a story about a white, red-blooded, yeehaw american male being falsely accused by the government and attacked by the media with accusations stemming from "fake news". Yeah, I'm sorry, he clearly had an agenda when making this film and anybody who says otherwise must be Helen Keller in a wig.

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2019 12:40 PM

looks like its tanking in the box office.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2019 12:42 PM

Anyone notice this thread disappeard for a while, just went....who knows where. … spooks at work?

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2019 12:46 PM

Hey Clit, why didn’t you make “Eric Rudolph”?

by Anonymousreply 26December 14, 2019 12:51 PM

I'd be more impressed if Eastwood had made GERI JEWELL instead.

by Anonymousreply 27December 14, 2019 12:51 PM

I’m actually kind of sad about how this all turned out. Richard Jewel was such a tragic figure, who died young. He deserved to have his story told in a straightforward, honest way. There were enough sins committed to go around when he was accused. It was a rush to judgment by the right-wing media and the FBI, probably because he fit their idea of the profile (overweight, loner, close to mom—I think he was living at home at the time). He totally got the shaft, and there was nothing that could be done to make up for the shitstorm that hit him.

by Anonymousreply 28December 14, 2019 12:54 PM

^ Jewell of course.

by Anonymousreply 29December 14, 2019 12:55 PM

Cant even remember when eastwood had a hit movie that was good cinema.

He has become a joke, very bitter man., his advanced years have rotted his brain..

by Anonymousreply 30December 14, 2019 12:57 PM

Poetic justice.

by Anonymousreply 31December 14, 2019 1:09 PM

Poor Sondra, she gave him so many fab performances in those violent movies, and he just cast her aside like a rag....without a cent..

by Anonymousreply 32December 14, 2019 1:31 PM

if that fattie wanted to be a cop so bad why didn’t he apply to be one? If he couldn’t make the cut before the bombing, why were agencies falling over themselves to hire him afterwards? He was obese.

His haircut and mustache say basic white man. He probably wore extra wide New Balance sneakers too, and khaki shorts.

by Anonymousreply 33December 14, 2019 1:31 PM

Likewise, kinda sad/bozo to see the obese actor go on chat shows with the once obese k bates to schlep the shitty movie.

'o well clint was so down to earth, no re takes, he just wants to get the thing done'...…..yea.

by Anonymousreply 34December 14, 2019 1:37 PM

[quote]Dog whispers aplenty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35December 14, 2019 1:45 PM

I haven’t seen it yet. But being elderly the themes of a weirdo being persecuted by law and order and other establishment forces is appealing. I can’t yet see the Fuzz as being heroes. And I certainly don’t give a shit If a pushy and unethical female reporter isn’t sugar coated.

by Anonymousreply 36December 14, 2019 1:47 PM

the fat guy was on a talk show and totally turned me off, cant splain it, too folksy or sumpin…..'hey ya'll ima plain ole hill billy'...

by Anonymousreply 37December 14, 2019 2:07 PM

“Paul Walter Hauser” - a biopic about the actor who bravely starred in a Clint Eastwood film and the backlash he faced in the year following its release. Starring Sean Preston Federline in the titular role. Premiering on HBO Max in December 2039.

by Anonymousreply 38December 14, 2019 2:08 PM

got it, many wont, LOL at ya

by Anonymousreply 39December 14, 2019 2:12 PM

[quote]if that fattie wanted to be a cop so bad why didn’t he apply to be one? If he couldn’t make the cut before the bombing, why were agencies falling over themselves to hire him afterwards?

Had he become an actual cop he would surely have killed an unarmed black person, or beaten a suspect. He was in law enforcement, but was fired because of his overreach. He was even fired from college campus security for pulling over people on the main roads. He was a bootlicker for law enforcement and - at least in the film - even though he's being railroaded he still respected them because he wanted to be in that circle.

I liked the film. It's unfortunate that the writer chose to impugn Kathy Scrugg's reputation. He could have made her a composite character, the way they did the FBI Agents played by Jon Hamm and Ian Gomez. This unseemliness overshadows the film.

by Anonymousreply 40December 14, 2019 2:40 PM

I liked Clint's film "The Mule". Very liberal theme in that one.

by Anonymousreply 41December 14, 2019 2:46 PM

No wonder I don't come to DL much anymore. Too many far-left wingers who only think in black-and-white terms and who would rather silence dissent than hear people out. To be fair, the far right is pretty much the same, just different ideologies. That's why we need to go back toward the center, where people are willing to compromise. The bottom line is, we all need to get along and find a way to do so, but extremists on either side would rather obliterate the 'enemy' (i.e., opposition) than work with them. In their simple minds they see that as being hypocritical because they only see people as either 'all-good' or 'all-evil.' Scary times these are when the far right is in the White House and the far left is the only other option to replace them.

by Anonymousreply 42December 14, 2019 5:45 PM

R7, you sound pretty right-wing yourself. You sound like an incel/MRA troll. You think it's somehow wrong to call out a right-winger for slandering a dead person? Eat shit.

This is bombing - good!

by Anonymousreply 43December 14, 2019 5:53 PM

omg The Mule was boring as week old coffee.....one of his worst. complete mess: like his life.

by Anonymousreply 44December 14, 2019 6:15 PM

This might be the rare case where they cast a less attractive actor to play the real life character. Richared Jewell was obese, but he wasn't ugly.

by Anonymousreply 45December 14, 2019 6:56 PM

A lot of people became more interested in Jewell after the whole Covington High School Kids fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 46December 14, 2019 7:01 PM

If you think this movie is too right wing, then go watch Bombshell or Seberg instead. Both of those attempt to indict fake news from the other side.

by Anonymousreply 47December 14, 2019 7:03 PM

Watched this yesterday, the attorney's Russian secretary even says that if the FBI is involved, then that means there is a made up crime. The person sitting next to me whispered to her friend, "Like with Trump". However, there were also a few African American people in the audience who clapped at the end during Jewell's interrogation, as they can probably empathize with Jewell's plight. It's a film that can speak to both audiences.

by Anonymousreply 48December 14, 2019 7:09 PM

I’m still confused, did he do it or not?

by Anonymousreply 49December 14, 2019 7:20 PM

"We are not making a political statement."

by Anonymousreply 50December 14, 2019 7:25 PM

Most of the people on this thread are as dumb as a box of rocks. If you actually looked at the fucking story here you would see that Richard Jewell’s shameful mistreatment is a point of common cause for the left and the right. This is a story about civil rights and civil liberties. None of the players involved was even right wing. Certainly not the AJC. And it was Bill Clinton’s FBI.

by Anonymousreply 51December 14, 2019 7:31 PM

I am confused with the anger about this film here. Are you guys concerned Bill Clinton will look bad?

by Anonymousreply 52December 14, 2019 7:34 PM

[quote]I’m still confused, did he do it or not? He didn't do it. The real bomber was caught six years later.

by Anonymousreply 53December 14, 2019 7:36 PM

R53, the point of the movie is to show how corrupt institutions are and how that can be triangulated into why we have a marvelously perfect president.

by Anonymousreply 54December 14, 2019 7:38 PM

The FBI is never a President's FBI. R51 - you're gullible. We all know what the story is - we're commenting about the timing of the release.

Eastwood is a staunch Trump defender. His portrayal of Scruggs is disgusting. And the release of this film and its portrayal of all involved is questioning.

No, we're not looking too deep into it.

by Anonymousreply 55December 14, 2019 7:39 PM

Jewell is Trump.

Rather obv.

by Anonymousreply 56December 14, 2019 8:52 PM

R51 is an idiot. Most people who join the FBI are right wing. Who the president is at the time doesn't change that. You're as dumb as a box of rocks if you think all those FBI agents were a bunch of far left hippies

by Anonymousreply 57December 14, 2019 8:59 PM

Many of those in the FBI personally identify as conservative, however their political affiliation should not impact their job performance. Trump is calling them out not because they are Republicans, but because they are neocons, who are some of his most outspoken critics. The disagreements he has with the Neocons should unite both liberals and conservatives, but Trump is so hated among liberals, especially liberal progressives, that they will jump in bed with any neoconservative no matter how repugnant their views are. The FBI's conduct has raised a lot of questions. You can't really explain it away with politics as right and left wing politics has shifted incredibly since the era of Obama, let alone the Clinton era.

by Anonymousreply 58December 14, 2019 9:08 PM

I can’t stand Clint Eastwood and that ugly scowl he has on his face all the time. Not a nice man at all. His love of Trump makes me hate him even more.

by Anonymousreply 59December 14, 2019 9:43 PM

The ironic thing about this film is that whatever political agenda Eastwood was trying to advance, he blew it by falsely smearing a reporter who almost certainly had plenty of flaws that legitimately could have been used to reveal her character.

Now the controversy over his treatment of her is the only part most people are paying attention to, and the film appears to be tanking.

by Anonymousreply 60December 14, 2019 10:55 PM

It just didn't look like a good movie. Do they think people would really want to see this during the holiday season? I knew it wouldn't make any money.

by Anonymousreply 61December 14, 2019 11:04 PM

That bitch Kathy Scrubbs is not the victim She was a bitch who wanted to send an innocent man to jail.

by Anonymousreply 62December 14, 2019 11:05 PM

[quote]n their simple minds they see that as being hypocritical because they only see people as either 'all-good' or 'all-evil.'

But these days, the modern Republican party pretty much IS "all-evil." We keep waiting for men or women of reason to appear, and they don't.

by Anonymousreply 63December 14, 2019 11:10 PM

[quote]That bitch Kathy Scrubbs is not the victim She was a bitch who wanted to send an innocent man to jail.

Yes, she is a victim. She is the victim of Clint Eastwood's underhanded and dishonest approach to portraying her.

by Anonymousreply 64December 14, 2019 11:11 PM

R62, that's what I'm saying. If he had portrayed her honestly, she still would have looked like the cunt she was, but the Atlanta Constitution and others couldn't have credibly distracted from the point by claiming Eastwood lied about her.

by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2019 11:12 PM

[quote] Yes, she is a victim. She is the victim of Clint Eastwood's underhanded and dishonest approach to portraying her.

If anything, he made her more sympathetic by the end. The fictional character by Jon Hamm is the real bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 66December 15, 2019 12:09 AM

but if he doesn't wear underwear, I think we're all OK with him, no?

by Anonymousreply 67December 15, 2019 12:32 AM

She was portrayed much differently and with more depth in the book. Clint Eastwood dumbed it down and made her a slutty simpleton, probably because she's dead, so he thought he would get away with it. Clint isn't interested in nuanced messages.

by Anonymousreply 68December 15, 2019 12:57 AM

According to Deadline, “Richard Jewel” is sinking. “Another adult misfire for Warner Bros.”

by Anonymousreply 69December 15, 2019 1:08 AM

But my Oscar!@#

by Anonymousreply 70December 15, 2019 1:09 AM

I wanted for years to have a film made about Richard Jewell, but I don’t think I want see this. To my memory, the FBI fed the media every step of the way. The media reported everything they were told to report. Jewell tried to sue one the newspapers, but found he couldn’t because they were reporting from legitimate sources; that being the FBI. Jewel then tried suing the FBI, but couldn’t because it was a legitimate investigation and he was a legitimate suspect.

He was royally fucked over by a desperate and incompetent FBI that tried to use an investigative tool such as profiling, as evidence.

Not sure if all this is correct, but that was my memory of it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 71December 15, 2019 2:39 AM

Is Eastwood still talking to empty chairs?

by Anonymousreply 72December 15, 2019 2:54 AM

no one wants to watch a movie about a fat, sweaty, ugly guy

by Anonymousreply 73December 15, 2019 4:55 AM

R71, that's how I remember it, too, and even now, there are people who believe he was guilty, because they formed that opinion early on and nothing is going to change their mind.

by Anonymousreply 74December 15, 2019 7:01 AM

eastwood can go to hell for the way he fukd up Jersey Boys....cripes! who can mess up and bore down a fab musical like that?

uh, miss clint.

next up, his trans movie....

by Anonymousreply 75December 15, 2019 10:05 AM

I knew Kathy Bates was a Rethug fundie. I can’t believe Ryan Murphy gives her work.

by Anonymousreply 76December 15, 2019 2:29 PM

[quote]I knew Kathy Bates was a Rethug fundie

Stop lying. She is not. You're incapable of telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 77December 15, 2019 2:42 PM

Kathy isn't a fundie.

by Anonymousreply 78December 15, 2019 4:52 PM

Kathy Bates is fine.

But Clint Eastwoods corruption and stupidity match the rest of the fascists bringing us to what's coming. And inept fascists are just as bad as smart ones - handing it all to Russia. Christ.

by Anonymousreply 79December 15, 2019 5:30 PM

Who the fuck would pay money to look at this fugly fat face for two hours, except other obese fugly people?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 15, 2019 5:48 PM

Jon Hamm is box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 81December 15, 2019 5:49 PM

^ So is Olivia Wilde

by Anonymousreply 82December 15, 2019 5:53 PM

Jon Hamm knows fully well what he needs to do to get people into the theater to see him on the big screen.

by Anonymousreply 83December 15, 2019 7:48 PM

^ Didn't work for Michael Fassbender

by Anonymousreply 84December 15, 2019 8:41 PM

Don’t be discouraging, r84!

by Anonymousreply 85December 15, 2019 9:16 PM

At least, we who Michael is packing for sure. Loved Shame. Every inch of it.

by Anonymousreply 86December 16, 2019 2:44 AM

Know. Lol

by Anonymousreply 87December 16, 2019 2:45 AM

No wonder they were doing such damage control.

The movie tanked - HARD.

Now not only Jon Hamm, but Kathy Bates is also BOX OFFICE POISON!

by Anonymousreply 88December 16, 2019 1:50 PM

Tee hee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89December 16, 2019 1:54 PM

Clint Eastwood’s new film about the 1996 Olympics bombing marked his worst box office opening as a director amid controversy about the portrayal of a female reporter.

“Richard Jewell,” which depicts a security guard falsely accused of being involved in the bomb plot, pulled in a dismal $5 million from 2,502 theaters over the weekend, according to The Wrap.

The results could be the worst nationwide opening for the 89-year-old director since 1980’s “Billy Bronco,” which garnered $3.7 million.

In comparison, Eastwood’s 2014 “American Sniper” earned $89 million in its opening weekend while his 2016 film “Sully” raked in $35 million.

by Anonymousreply 90December 16, 2019 1:55 PM

I hope this prevents other DEPLORABLE directors from trying to make right-wing political statements, in the future.

The country has clearly had ENOUGH.

Hopefully, it'll go the same way with trump in 2020. ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 91December 16, 2019 1:58 PM

A documentary should have been made.

What happened to this guy should never have occurred.

But, an embellished rant against the media that idiots will actually believe is true that paints authorities much worse than they are is not helpful.

by Anonymousreply 92December 16, 2019 3:46 PM

Protest by seeing "Seberg" instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93December 16, 2019 4:27 PM

I didn't watch the trailer, r93. Are there any scenes of her in her glamorous Edith Head AIRPORT garb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 16, 2019 4:44 PM

It's the answer to the question, 'What if we made a movie starring a human pork rind?'

by Anonymousreply 95December 16, 2019 8:06 PM

You know, r93, Kristen Stewart was just named Actress of the Decade by the Hollywood Critics' Association!

by Anonymousreply 96December 16, 2019 8:20 PM

Weird that Page Six compares it to Bronco Billy's opening 39 years ago. 3.7 million in 1980 money is a lot better than the 5 million in today's money that "Richard Jewell" made.

No one's interested in Clint's latest obsession.

by Anonymousreply 97December 16, 2019 9:04 PM

I would have rather watched Bronco Billy.

by Anonymousreply 98December 16, 2019 11:24 PM

Clint Eastwood has absolutely no range.

by Anonymousreply 99December 17, 2019 3:14 AM

Paul Walter Hauser was so hungry for an Oscar nomination. Won't happen now.

by Anonymousreply 100December 17, 2019 3:15 AM

They should have cast Jonah Hill

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 17, 2019 10:06 AM

I hope old repub clint is funding his long string of flops with his own $

that much less he can throw into trumps coffers...

dude ur movies suk BAD

RETIRE TO THE FARM WITH UR DOGS AND PIGS AND ELEPHANTS which u ride nude.

by Anonymousreply 102December 18, 2019 1:39 AM

[quote] RETIRE TO THE FARM WITH UR DOGS AND PIGS AND ELEPHANTS which u ride nude

by Anonymousreply 103December 18, 2019 3:17 PM

Anyone who pays to see this movie is basically contributing to Trump's re-election.

by Anonymousreply 104December 18, 2019 3:31 PM

R51 = Donny Trump Jr.

by Anonymousreply 105December 18, 2019 3:32 PM

[quote] Fuck the press and their self righteous histrionics. It's a movie and liberties will be taken.

What? He maligned a real person by insinuating she'd fuck for her work, and someone who is dead no less and can't defend herself. Not cool.

by Anonymousreply 106December 18, 2019 3:42 PM

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 107December 18, 2019 3:51 PM

He always opens his movies in Oscar season but his work is such a crap shoot no one knows if they'll get nominations or not.

by Anonymousreply 108December 18, 2019 5:16 PM

This movie is sinking. Kathy Bates has a slim chance for a nomination, but that's the only one, and even that has slid thanks to the film's flopping so big.

by Anonymousreply 109December 18, 2019 5:59 PM

omg, Jonah hill will alwys be a big fat piece of shiz…… he acts like a not know how to relate to people....HILARIOUS GUNK.

by Anonymousreply 110December 19, 2019 3:09 AM

So in addition to all the black people, liberals, college student protesters and others who have been smeared and whose lives have been ruined by the FBI, one right-wing wannabe police officer who did the right thing and saved some lives had his life ruined, as well.

And Eastwood is using that one right-wing white guy who got caught in their cross-hairs to imply the FBI is inherently corrupt and therefore unfairly targeted Trump in the Russia probe.

No one is buying it. The hilarious thing is that even Trump's idiot MAGA crowd isn't interested in this movie, probably because most of them can't afford a ticket to see a film in a theater.

by Anonymousreply 111December 19, 2019 7:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!