Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Armie Hammer a terrible actor, or is he a genius ?

I only ever saw him in the Facebook movie, where he was decent, and recently CMBYN on tv, and I am not sure. Was he genuinely terrible, miscast, confused, uncomfortable and repressed, or did he act awkward, out of place, repressed confused and uncomfortable because the character ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 2, 2020 11:45 PM

Bad. Who can sometimes be ok. He plays basically the same character and has terrible instincts. He flat out ruined Call Me by your Name.

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2019 3:36 AM

Haven't seen the FB movie but I thought he was great in cmbyn. His onlyh "fault" was that he looked too old for the role. He's starring in Rebecca next year and it's already getting good reviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2019 11:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2019 11:54 PM

He's a wooden actor but a very sexy bunny.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2019 12:06 AM

He’s great at acting straight when he’s really a big homo.

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2019 12:09 AM

Well, he's no Henry Cavill. OR Colton Haynes.

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2019 12:13 AM

R5 I'm straight!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2019 12:14 AM

R2 that’s not a review. That’s a fan girl who claims to have seen a test screen. Do they Even really exist for Netflix movies? If this goes direct to streaming it’s trash. Test screening this early would suggest it’s trash.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2019 1:53 AM

Armie is wooden. He plays the same guy all the time. Even his bad guys are camp. But he gets away with it because he plays the same guy. Oliver=Winklevoss=the guy from J Edgar etc.

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2019 1:54 AM

He can be good in the right role

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2019 2:00 AM

He’s such a closet case. Always serving Village People realness.

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2019 2:01 AM

Hot in the cold

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2019 2:02 AM

R10 he lacks emotional intelligence and range. So no, he can’t. He can be passable but not good. CMBYN is a prime example. He should have ate that role but was only meh, outclassed by the Frenchie and even the maid. His dying scene in OTBOS should have gotten a decent actor some recognition. I cringed, his facial expressions were so bad.

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2019 2:03 AM

His chest wig is gross. Not sure why he doesn’t tidy it up. He is also fit fat. Too heavy in the hips, ass, thighs. Who actually finds him attractive?

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2019 2:04 AM

R7 is that his boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2019 2:06 AM

Is he presenting hole in r12?

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2019 2:13 AM

He's a block of cream cheese.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2019 2:21 AM

I thought he was extremely clever at playing closeted in such a clumsy, unassuming way, in CMBYN, until he entered the brook and screamed ' it's freezing' with both his hands pointing at the water. That's when I realized he was not acting clumsy, but was as an actor totally and hopelessly wooden, until then he had fooled me. He is the kind of man who always sends massive gay vibes, but never acts upon them, preferring to seduce gay guys than to fuck them. Toxic IRL. Pretty on screen.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2019 6:54 AM

WOW, a lotta crazy in this thread.

He's a classically handsome, bland, straight guy whose been told his entire life that he's good looking enough to be in movies but can't act his way out of a paper sack.

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2019 10:26 AM

Is Armie a rubber fetishist?

by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2019 11:01 AM

He used to like some rubber fetish posts on Instagram. Not sure if he does anymore. I know he still follows the robe bondage accounts.

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2019 11:05 AM

If you've seen him in Birth of a Nation as a drunk 19th century slave owner, it's pretty clear he is a bad actor coasting on good looks. Nothing in his performance says anything but modern, white Northerner pretending in the shallowest way possible.

Speaking of J. Edgar, if Clint Eastwood and Leonardo de Caprio can't get a believable scene out of you as an actor, you are hopeless.

He could be an American Hugh Grant except he can't create any believable chemistry with an actress. If he were anything but white and blonde, he never would have made more than two movies.

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2019 11:07 AM

He's an average actor who is quite attractive. Not a genius.

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2019 11:14 AM

Wooden actor with a pretty face he's the flavor of the moment but will be forgotten in another year or two.

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2019 11:31 AM

I think r13 is right. It's really his lack of emotional intelligence that halts him from being a good actor. I also never understood why he didn't finish high school, and then pursue an Arts degree in college, where he could become more trained in his acting. I know he said his parents didn't support his decision, but I feel they only didn't support him because he dropped out of high school. If he had finished high school, and gone on to major in Drama in college, perhaps they would have taken him more seriously. He just jumped into acting w/o any formal training.

by Anonymousreply 25December 15, 2019 11:38 AM

R24 I'm actually ok with that, because that would mean never having to hear about/from his insufferable wife.

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2019 11:40 AM

Neither of course

by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2019 1:05 PM

Armie Hammer is an extremely limited actor who has been cast in too many roles that he was not right for because he is overly ambitious.

He was excellent in Sorry to Bother You because it was within his range. His ghastly performance in Call Me By Your Name was the result of him being totally miscast but apparently the director had been trying to fuck him for like a decade so he got cast anyway.

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2019 1:30 PM

He's a child abuser. I still can't believe after that toe sucking he isn't in jail.

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2019 1:37 PM

LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 15, 2019 1:46 PM

[quote]that’s not a review. That’s a fan girl who claims to have seen a test screen. Do they Even really exist for Netflix movies? If this goes direct to streaming it’s trash. Test screening this early would suggest it’s trash

Studios test nearly every film and yes, they do it way in advance at times. I saw that Godzilla film that came out this year easily 8 months before it came out. And yes, they test Netflix films because I've gotten invites to a good number of them, including REBECCA which tested on December 11th.

[quote]If this goes direct to streaming it’s trash

Some films are made for a major studio and for whatever reason - lack of faith (like what WB did with MOWGLI) or the studio needs cash (Anapurna with WOUNDS) - it is sold to a streaming platform. But REBECCA, like THE IRISHMAN, like THE KING was made by Netflix for Netflix.

I don't begrudge Armie his career. He's the American counterpart of Charlie Hunnam. Another block of wood.

by Anonymousreply 31December 15, 2019 1:57 PM

His non verbal acting is excellent, but his verbal acting is quite limited.

He has ONE voice: a booming bro voice.

by Anonymousreply 32December 15, 2019 1:58 PM

He's not bad, TBH. He has more range than Chris Evans, for example. I'd rather see Armie in his role in Knives Out.

Honestly, I'd just rather see Armie in general. He plays the charming slightly awkward hunk well.

by Anonymousreply 33December 15, 2019 2:08 PM

What is the story behind that video he mentioned in the chat?

by Anonymousreply 34December 15, 2019 2:08 PM

[quote]What is the story behind that video he mentioned in the chat?

It was the IG vid of his son sucking his toes.

by Anonymousreply 35December 15, 2019 2:16 PM

I think he's, like Darren C., the kind of actors who's only straight as long as their wife allows them to be. He was HORRIBLY miscast in CMBYN, and should have had the sense to say no to it, and I am surprised he didn't see that it was career suicide. I don't think he's into bdsm at all. Rather it was a stupid campaign to be cast in 50shades of Grey, which he probably felt he was perfect for. Then he thought he'd win the spiderman lead, which makes me question his non-emotional ntelligence LOL. Google Spiderman and there he is, sucking some teenager's dick in Italy. No fucking way. How could he not see that ???. He's doing Rebecca and that calamitous ' death on the Nile' inclusive remake. Can he even do a convincing british accent ? Not that he could be worse than this piece of wood Olivier, or the awful Simon Mac cordinwhatever, but still

by Anonymousreply 36December 15, 2019 3:34 PM

R33 no way! Chris Evans is great in Knives Out. Armie doesn't have the looks or talent. Evans has charisma that Armie doesn't. He'll never be a leading man.

by Anonymousreply 37December 15, 2019 3:39 PM

R36 true he should never have done CMBYN. Methinks the twink's huge cock and the director alledgedly ploughing him on the daily might have persuaded him. But he was outacted by everyone. The same will happen on DOTN.

by Anonymousreply 38December 15, 2019 3:42 PM

R30 LOL! Is that real?

by Anonymousreply 39December 15, 2019 3:44 PM

OP, you may be the first person ever to utter the words “Armie Hammer” and “genius” in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 40December 15, 2019 3:56 PM

Well I’d certainly pinch his buttocks!

by Anonymousreply 41December 15, 2019 3:58 PM

He will fund his retirement thru the Hallmark Channel.

by Anonymousreply 42December 15, 2019 4:18 PM

He doesn't have a good body at all does he ? He's very tall with a serious case of BDF, but he should really hit the gym. With his kind of money, he can hire a full time coach.

by Anonymousreply 43December 15, 2019 4:20 PM

He's someone who could go to seed quite easily if he allows it. The booze and the beef doesn't help.

by Anonymousreply 44December 15, 2019 4:26 PM

He is perfect

by Anonymousreply 45December 15, 2019 4:27 PM

R43 he looks like he has a tiny penie. He wears tight, tight jeans and I'd swear I see the outline of a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 46December 15, 2019 6:00 PM

For someone who wants to be a leading-man actor -- and for someone as handsome as he is -- it is surprising that it looks like he has never been in a gym. While iIt is vaguely refreshing that he doesn't have a jacked-up body, it comes across as lazy, as though he cant be bothered to work hard at anything. That is how I feel about his acting, too. He does not put more than the minimum effort into it. He's not necessarily bad, but he doesn't seem to push himself to be better.

And I disagree with those who say he should not have taken CMBYN. That movie gave him actor cred. Before, he was just another pretty face, but that movie made it seem like he was an actor, and not just a star. If he had been better in it, his career would have really taken off and he would have gotten more interesting roles.

by Anonymousreply 47December 15, 2019 6:47 PM

He also has a habit of sticking his size-15 foot in his mouth at exactly the wrong time, which doesn’t do his career any favors.

by Anonymousreply 48December 15, 2019 7:00 PM

R47, he is fitter than 99% of the population. Leonardo DiCaprio has been a chunk for years and he's still a big star

by Anonymousreply 49December 15, 2019 7:02 PM

CMBYN definitely damaged his career, not necessarily because of the kind of role it was, but because the film had a massive yearlong rollout thanks to a decision by Sony to hold the film from general release until November after it premiered in Sundance, while showing it at every film festival on Earth. So it built in Hammer this massive thirst which opened him up to more scrutiny than he had dealt with before, and ridicule for his transparently thirsty behavior which culminated in the notorious Buzzfeed filth-reading below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 15, 2019 7:13 PM

R33 whatever issues you have with Chris Evans, you are a liar if you are claiming he lacks range as an actor. I didn't even knew he was the movie star in Scott Pilgrim until recently despite watching that movie for years.

by Anonymousreply 51December 15, 2019 7:37 PM

R51 I concur, Chris Evans is a fine actor not just a fine piece of ass. Armie wishes.

by Anonymousreply 52December 15, 2019 7:41 PM

To me playing Captain America was a departure for Evans because he's either played the loveable quippy guy (Not Another Teen Movie, Cellular, Fantastic Four, Losers) or the cocky asshole (Sunshine, Scott Pilgrim and now back to form in Knives Out).

by Anonymousreply 53December 15, 2019 7:43 PM

And do tell us R53 where in your two categories Snowpiercer, Before We Go and Gifted sit? Incovinient for your broad strokes?

by Anonymousreply 54December 15, 2019 7:57 PM

Oooh burn ^

by Anonymousreply 55December 15, 2019 8:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 15, 2019 8:00 PM

I can’t believe Armie has been derailed in his own thread.

by Anonymousreply 57December 15, 2019 8:03 PM

R37: No, he was not. He is not a good actor. He couldn't even deliver the line "eat shit" convincingly. You must have little understanding of what good acting is.

by Anonymousreply 58December 15, 2019 8:03 PM

[quote]And do tell us [R53] where in your two categories Snowpiercer, Before We Go and Gifted sit? Incovinient for your broad strokes?

Cocky quippy assholes, the whole lot of them.

by Anonymousreply 59December 15, 2019 8:06 PM

R57 Armie is cold oatmeal. Not even his blatant attempt to make himself more interesting by liking "tasteful" bondage posts could change that. Whatever communication consultant he paid for that advise completely underestimated how dull he is.

by Anonymousreply 60December 15, 2019 8:08 PM

R59 is that kid who puts on angry bravado after a fight he clearly just lost.

by Anonymousreply 61December 15, 2019 8:11 PM

R60 that is embarrassing stuff. Openly suggesting you like bondage when all of the world can see your a dry as toast, Timmy Chambrulet did all the heavy lifting in CMBYN. Armie looked like he didn’t know what he was doing. Totally stale and bland.

by Anonymousreply 62December 15, 2019 8:29 PM

Only on DL is Chris Evans a better actor than Armie Hammer

by Anonymousreply 63December 15, 2019 8:40 PM

CMBYN give him the batshit crazy "fans" who are obsessed with him and his wife.

by Anonymousreply 64December 15, 2019 8:46 PM

R64 does he still have fans. I just keep reading how people thought cmbyn was about pedophilia, hence he played a peophile.

by Anonymousreply 65December 15, 2019 9:26 PM

R63: I'm shook TBH. Armie has gotten Oscar buzz at least for both TSN and CMBYN. Chris could never and should never.

by Anonymousreply 66December 15, 2019 10:39 PM

R40 I beg to differ!

by Anonymousreply 67December 16, 2019 12:57 AM

[quote]He's not bad, TBH. He has more range than Chris Evans,

CMBYN sycophant.

by Anonymousreply 68December 16, 2019 9:19 AM

R66 sometimes Oscar buzz is PR generated and in Armie’s case it was. The Globes notoriously take bribes. All he got was a GG for either movie. That’s not buzz.

by Anonymousreply 69December 16, 2019 12:26 PM

R31 You shut your whore mouth right now about Charlie Hunnam!

R49 Leo was a huge star before he went to fat. Big difference.

Armie Hammer is not huge star material, or a good actor. He's handsome, but not drop-dead gorgeous. Box of rocks. There was an article awhile ago in VF or GQ or something about why he still hasn't happened, especially since he's so thirsty. He still hasn't happened since then. I found CMBYN unwatchable after about 10 minutes of him.

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2019 1:15 PM

He's a combination of dumb and lazy, that's why he's nowhere near where he should be after all the chances he's been given. I agree that there are much worse actors out there with much bigger careers, but Armie's biggest problem is his own self-sabotage.

Maybe it will change after the divorce.

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2019 5:38 PM

What will change after the divorce, is he won't have a dollar left to his name.

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2019 5:39 PM

He looks like his breath smells like curdled milk.

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2019 5:42 PM

Is the double chin here to stay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 16, 2019 10:49 PM

He's always had a bit of double chin, even in CMBYN where he's at his skinniest. As for his divorce, it's obvious she doesn't want to give him one so he'll keep embarrassing her. I want to see all the passive aggressive shit he can come up with and how she'll greedy swallow it all with her desperate horse mouth because that's the only way she can get cOnTeNT, then grin with her fake teeth and act like everything's perfect. That amount of pathetic all in one place is damn entertaining lol

by Anonymousreply 75December 16, 2019 11:31 PM

This thread isn’t about Armie’s wife, cunt at r75

Start your own thread to bitch about her, you straight retarded twat

LOL

by Anonymousreply 76December 16, 2019 11:48 PM

[quote] Armie's biggest problem is his own self-sabotage.

A shrink could have a field day with him.

by Anonymousreply 77December 17, 2019 12:01 AM

Wow R75 ! I never realized he 's doing it on purpose ! I kept wondering how she can endure the endless public humiliation !! Of course ! Thanks

by Anonymousreply 78December 17, 2019 5:43 AM

R69 manufactured Oscar buzz. That family money certainly did buy a lot of manufactured buzz. The think pieces about him all but said it out loud.

For the naive babies.... all it takes is a few planted Oscar references about your performance. Then writers who aren't on your pay roll start to reference those articles as "Oscar buzz". Jlos unrolling of her Oscar campaign has been the most blatant example this year but theres at least one every year.

by Anonymousreply 79December 17, 2019 9:14 AM

lmao at anyone praising Chris Evan's acting "talent". Him and Armie are both pretty shit actors but at least Evans has an image that attracts people. Nothing about Armie's image is attractive. He dresses like shit and the fact that he still drags that dumb old hag of a wife of his around kills his sex appeal. I was surprised to see he can actually be hot af when dressed his age but for some reason he chooses the old money bland image. Too bad because his looks is about all he has going for him and he's not getting any younger.

by Anonymousreply 80December 17, 2019 12:12 PM

I find him very insecure. Like he was never a hip guy, or popular in high school or something. Self conscious square mamma's boy trying to be edgy. I bet the ' in' teenagers made fun of mr goody2shoes

by Anonymousreply 81December 17, 2019 2:56 PM

He's a fat man waiting to get out. He's married to an anorexic/ Bulimic type, he's most likely into that shit himself. His weight fluctuates enormously and he loses weight really fast.

In CMBYN you can see when he lays down he has a weird stomach. I think at some point he had a tummy tuck. He tries to hide it with a book in the guitar scene but you can see it clearly when he lays down near the pool before plunging in.

by Anonymousreply 82December 17, 2019 4:14 PM

Loon ^

by Anonymousreply 83December 17, 2019 4:18 PM

He's a dreamboat. I'm glad he's a movie star, so I can look at him.

by Anonymousreply 84December 17, 2019 4:23 PM

What gets me is knowing that he was mad he wasn't nominated for an Oscar for a movie he ruined and when he knew he was personally responsible for generating the manufactured Oscar buzz about his wooden performance. It's like he's mentally deficient. Did you see how upset he still is about them cancelling his sure to flop Batman movie. The emotions were still raw.

by Anonymousreply 85December 17, 2019 4:23 PM

R84 he's really just average looking. Don't exaggerate

by Anonymousreply 86December 17, 2019 4:25 PM

And does this man have a vagina or what? He wears such tight jeans and I've never got sight of anything. His wife does look like a trans. Maybe they swapped.

by Anonymousreply 87December 17, 2019 4:26 PM

Remember when a drunk and slurring Fergie made fun of his Oscar campaigning in front of his face onstage?

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 88December 17, 2019 4:27 PM

He's RICH.

Isn't that enough?

by Anonymousreply 89December 17, 2019 4:35 PM

R89 apparently not if he's fat, depressed and dumb. A lot of people are rich and on drugs from severe depression. Lots to be said about money not buying happiness.

by Anonymousreply 90December 17, 2019 4:44 PM

R88 Yeah, and his wife was right there egging her on.

by Anonymousreply 91December 17, 2019 5:05 PM

"Him and Armie are both pretty shit actors but at least Evans has an image that attracts people. Nothing about Armie's image is attractive. He dresses like shit and the fact that he still drags that dumb old hag of a wife of his around kills his sex appeal."

Please, Armie is gorgeous. Only DLers think he's "fat"

by Anonymousreply 92December 17, 2019 5:05 PM

He's a tall and very pretty blond guy. Bland. Perfect Ashley in the reboot of Gone with the wind that 'll never be made. Unless guadagninonino convinces him to do it as a low budget indie. with Timmy as a transgender Scarlett, Tilda Swineton in blackface as mammy, and Dakota Johnson as a lesbo Rhett. Zero acting chops whatsoever, he seems to believe that show-business is just that. Business. Hence his embarrassing campaigns on Twitter and Fallon, for parts he' ll never get. And I like him.

by Anonymousreply 93December 17, 2019 5:40 PM

R82 i agree with you, her wife needs help and it’s no good for their kids to be raised with both parents having EDs.

by Anonymousreply 94December 17, 2019 6:26 PM

If Armie Hammer were a genius, we'd know by now.

by Anonymousreply 95December 17, 2019 6:38 PM

Stop comparing him with Chris Evans. They have nothing in common except that they both blond, tall, insecure and have mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 96December 17, 2019 6:51 PM

[quote]In CMBYN you can see when he lays down he has a weird stomach. I think at some point he had a tummy tuck.

I've never seen anyone mention this before, but I think you're right. His stomach looks weird in all his shirtless scenes - there's this big block of muscle that starts below his nipples and stops just above his navel, but it's not sectioned like a six-pack would be. It just looks artificially sculpted, and then when he lies on his back his stomach is weirdly concave with that sculpted block above it, as if he were sucking in his gut. You can see two vertical scars on his stomach too, one just above his navel and one just across it.

by Anonymousreply 97December 17, 2019 7:12 PM

Armie Hammer lost like twenty or thirty pounds when he did CMBYN and his body looked weird and unsexy with lots of loose hanging skin.

by Anonymousreply 98December 17, 2019 7:14 PM

R97 here - I meant horizontal scars, not vertical ones. And horizontal scars like that are consistent with a tummy tuck.

R98, people have talked about his weight loss for CMBYN but the stomach thing doesn't have anything to do with skin looseness. And he's still got back fat in that movie even after the weight loss.

by Anonymousreply 99December 17, 2019 7:29 PM

R97 When you have a high ribcage and no abs that's exactly how your stomach is going to look like when you lie down. He was unnaturally skinny in CMBYN, clearly wanted to look good naked so he lost a ton of weight but without gaining any muscle.

by Anonymousreply 100December 17, 2019 7:39 PM

Armie is 6'5" once you grow past 5'11"-6' your proportions become strange he is no exception.

by Anonymousreply 101December 17, 2019 7:49 PM

Armie actually does have very unusual proportions in that he has extremely long arms and legs but a squat, squarish torso.

by Anonymousreply 102December 17, 2019 7:57 PM

Armie's like the Richard Egan we deserve now. Or maybe the Keith Andes.

by Anonymousreply 103December 17, 2019 7:59 PM

He didn't look good naked in CMBYN ! He looked drained and unhealthy

by Anonymousreply 104December 17, 2019 9:06 PM

[quote] He looked drained

He was drained... of cum by Luca.

by Anonymousreply 105December 17, 2019 9:24 PM

R97 I noticed the scars too and R93, in person he’s not as attractive as he is on camera. Which is odd because with actors it’s usually the opposite. In person he looks like a Sasquatch. Really long face without any definition. Not remotely pretty. Just average and actually not all that good looking.

by Anonymousreply 106December 17, 2019 10:49 PM

R99 oMG so true. With the back fat in particular. He looks a mess. Strange concave stomach and all that back and thigh fat is inconsistent with weight loss. With the overly sculpted fang teeth and plastic wife, I wouldn’t put it past him to try lipo to get a flat stomach. He can tend towards the chubby side.

by Anonymousreply 107December 17, 2019 10:53 PM

When you think about it Armie should hate Luca. The camera did him no favors in cmbyn and you just know Luca was praising him for his imaginary hotness.

by Anonymousreply 108December 17, 2019 10:59 PM

I am watching clips. His body is sooo weird and flaccccid. Now that the dust has settled, I am horrified at out BAD he is. It's just embarrassing. Chalamet was very good looking and not to skinny. He still had flesh to him. Now he looks like a cadaver out of Andersonville

by Anonymousreply 109December 17, 2019 11:19 PM

Jeez, have you heard yourselves? Many of you need a therapist.

As to the other half...green with envy.

by Anonymousreply 110December 17, 2019 11:59 PM

[quote] In person he looks like a Sasquatch.

Interesting. Where’d you see him?

by Anonymousreply 111December 18, 2019 12:13 AM

R110 Shut up Liz. Your husband hates your horse face and can't wait to fuck his favorite twink again.

by Anonymousreply 112December 18, 2019 12:15 AM

Haha, score R112, Shoooo, cunt frau. Yeah R111, where d you meet the man ? . Do tell. Details please

by Anonymousreply 113December 18, 2019 12:26 AM

Armie Hammer is objectively average looking. Someone, who is no doubt paid by him, told him he was good looking, smart and a good actor. His PR regularly puff him up with too high expectations. To think he thought he was the object of desire for CMBYN when Timothée existed. He was delusional.

by Anonymousreply 114December 18, 2019 5:04 AM

R114 and the heavy delusion he must possess to think his performance would be awarded when Timo wiped the floor with him. He actually thinks all you need are money and connections. This only gets you so far in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 115December 18, 2019 5:07 AM

Smart is not a good word for him. And yes, it's obvious he thinks you only need to get that part. It's the current ' a good actor is only a good part' trend. I saw the scars. They are huge. What happened ? Why didn't I see them before ? Because I was not paying attention to his lame body.. My eyes were avoiding this enbarrassment. (Gym existed in the late 80's.but many guys looked like this. It's true.)

by Anonymousreply 116December 18, 2019 7:28 AM

R50 That was certainly a hit piece. Rather unpleasant. I wonder what he did to her to piss her off.

by Anonymousreply 117December 18, 2019 9:10 AM

Baking Soda Boy was and is terrible and his agent is a genius.

Josh O’Connor is ten times the actor and ten times the man this featherweight is or ever will be. And unlike Hayley Mills in the original [italic]Parent Trap[/italic], two of him was not twice the fun in that stupid and enabling Facebook movie. Two times zero is still a big fat ZERO!

by Anonymousreply 118December 18, 2019 10:58 AM

With the possible exception of TSN, he plays every role I’ve ever seen him in as a flaming queen.

by Anonymousreply 119December 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Hammer has a natural effeteness but I assumed that's just from being from the upper classes.

by Anonymousreply 120December 18, 2019 12:19 PM

R118 Matt Anscher KILL YOURSELF.

by Anonymousreply 121December 18, 2019 2:26 PM

R118 Matt Anscher KILL YOURSELF.

by Anonymousreply 122December 18, 2019 2:26 PM

R117 It touched a nerve, for sure...Didn’t he block anyone who liked it on Twitter and then flounce off?

by Anonymousreply 123December 18, 2019 2:58 PM

Armie is a decent actor and a great looking guy. I thought he was quite good in CMBYN. And, he was very engaging in the long press tour for CMBYN.

by Anonymousreply 124December 18, 2019 3:11 PM

R124=Armie. Hi Armie 👋

by Anonymousreply 125December 18, 2019 4:37 PM

Not only does that movie suck and its leads miscast and terrible in everything, but its fans are murderous psychopaths. You kill yourself, R120, and take every fan of this sick piece of fascist propaganda with you.

by Anonymousreply 126December 18, 2019 4:44 PM

I meant R121-R122.

by Anonymousreply 127December 18, 2019 4:45 PM

R126

Nobody loves you Matt Anscher. You’re unfuckable and unloved. Everyone on DL hates you.

Go to the tallest building in Salinas, and jump.

It will be the best thing you ever do.

by Anonymousreply 128December 18, 2019 5:05 PM

[quote]fascist propaganda

???

by Anonymousreply 129December 18, 2019 6:59 PM

@R129, I know....and then he/she claims other people are the psychopaths

by Anonymousreply 130December 18, 2019 8:04 PM

He has incredibly wide hips. It's distracting.

by Anonymousreply 131December 18, 2019 9:14 PM

Very handsome and charming. I'm a sucker for his smile.

But I'd call his acting petrified wooden. He can't act for shit. Pretty wrapping is the extent of his talent.

by Anonymousreply 132December 18, 2019 9:25 PM

How do we feel about the DOTN remake, with ethnic actors in lieu of roaring 20's white british nobility, because ' in the book Agatha doesn't specify their skin colour'.? Is Armie playing Simon ? Who plays the Farrow part ? And please, please don' t tell me that Weinstein madam old whore donkeyteefs Dench will play the bette Davis role . Bette was immortal in this.

by Anonymousreply 133December 18, 2019 9:36 PM

I believe Armie is playing Simon and the prospect of him attempting to pull off a British accent distresses me greatly.

by Anonymousreply 134December 18, 2019 9:46 PM

Ghastly !

by Anonymousreply 135December 18, 2019 9:57 PM

Let's see how he does, shall we? You can criticise him later...

by Anonymousreply 136December 18, 2019 9:58 PM

Hello Kenny @R136, How DO you do ?

by Anonymousreply 137December 18, 2019 10:00 PM

He's a classic case of a pretty boy with little talent who isn't getting cast in roles because he thinks he's above what he gets offered. Look at the taken-out cock scenes in CMBYN. All he has is his looks but he's afraid to get naked on screen. It's his prudishness that's damning his career. Pretty boys who can't act get cast all the time, but pretty boys who can't act and are afraid to take their clothes off on film don't.

by Anonymousreply 138December 18, 2019 10:01 PM

He's a classic case of a pretty boy with little talent who isn't getting cast in roles because he thinks he's above what he gets offered. Look at the taken-out cock scenes in CMBYN. All he has is his looks but he's afraid to get naked on screen. It's his prudishness that's damning his career. Pretty boys who can't act get cast all the time, but pretty boys who can't act and are afraid to take their clothes off on film don't.

by Anonymousreply 139December 18, 2019 10:01 PM

[quote] He's a classic case of a pretty boy with little talent who isn't getting cast in roles because he thinks he's above what he gets offered.

Arrogant pretty boy, yes. But he took the role in that “Wounds“ disaster....If he didn’t think he was above that piece of shit, how high can his standards be?

by Anonymousreply 140December 18, 2019 10:09 PM

R69: then why didn't Chris Evans get a nod or even buzz for his performance? You know sure as hell he campaigned. Armie isn't fantastic, but we can stop pretending Evans is a better actor.

All the other weird discussion about Armie's body and style are bizarre and some of y'all need help.

by Anonymousreply 141December 18, 2019 10:10 PM

Which do you think will be worse ? DOTN or Rebecca ? Both mcCorkindale (?) (who ?) and Olivier were beyond bad in their respective parts, but at least they had scintillating leading ladies who could coax a performance out of them. Lily whatever doesn't seem the type to do that does she ?

by Anonymousreply 142December 18, 2019 10:12 PM

Yes, R141, no one has EVER discussed an actor’s body on a DL thread. The idea!

by Anonymousreply 143December 18, 2019 10:13 PM

R143, not without reason.

AH is 100% fuckable that's why R141, thinks there'e something wrong with you...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144December 18, 2019 10:44 PM

R143: can you read? Do whatever you want- I'm letting you know you look ridiculous and deranged.

by Anonymousreply 145December 18, 2019 11:03 PM

Have it your way, R145, you’re not worth an argument.

R142, put me down for Team Rebecca. I agree, Lily James doesn’t seem an inspired choice.

by Anonymousreply 146December 18, 2019 11:14 PM

I'm done with twinks, this is my new boyfriend, see ya losers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 19, 2019 12:12 AM

He’s going to Turkey...for a music festival?

by Anonymousreply 148December 19, 2019 12:20 AM

I thought Armie was hot for a hot minute. Some of his pictures are sexy. But not in Call me . In Call me he was ugly, sweaty and hairy. He also has awful teeth that distort his face and make him look more like a Neanderthal. I now find him blindingly ugly. Next to Timmy and Cavill he’s an ugly duckling. I hate huge men without nice bodies and his mind is so dumb, he’s thoroughly unattractive.

Rebecca is going to be a train wreck. Worse than Wounds. He can hide a bit in the ensemble for DOTN but, he’s going to suck in the Olivier role.

by Anonymousreply 149December 19, 2019 12:33 AM

R147 that dude has always been the boyfriend. And hammer hates his kids. He can’t stand to be around them for even a month. Damn.

by Anonymousreply 150December 19, 2019 12:35 AM

Why is Hammer always mad?

by Anonymousreply 151December 19, 2019 12:36 AM

That gigantic hip girdle and pointy ribs...like a 6’5” Ursula Andress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152December 19, 2019 12:49 AM

R152 this is photoshopped

by Anonymousreply 153December 19, 2019 12:51 AM

Armie in her iconic 'Venus rising from the sea' scene in Dr No

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 19, 2019 12:55 AM

r141 when did Chris Evans ever campaign for an Oscar nod in any role he's ever been in? I seriously don't recall a single time he's done this. One good thing about Evans is that he does not have this glaring sense of entitlement that Armie does. Armie acts as if he deserves stardom, and his team keep feeding this narrative to him. Don't forget THR interview back in 2017 (the interview that prompted AHP to write that Buzzfeed article) where Armie said his team is constantly telling him that "this is going to be your year". He's surrounded by folks who blow smoke up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 155December 19, 2019 12:57 AM

Muriel, please code an algorithm that blocks threads and posts with the words chalamet/hammer/chambers/armie/armand/timothee/timmy/tim. The stench of rotting fish always overcomes them.

by Anonymousreply 156December 19, 2019 1:01 AM

ffffdgdgdddd

by Anonymousreply 157December 19, 2019 1:02 AM

dddffggg

by Anonymousreply 158December 19, 2019 1:02 AM

cccgggfffd

by Anonymousreply 159December 19, 2019 1:02 AM

fffdddg

by Anonymousreply 160December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

ccggf

by Anonymousreply 161December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

fffdddrry

by Anonymousreply 162December 19, 2019 1:03 AM

gffdddr

by Anonymousreply 163December 19, 2019 1:04 AM

jjjgggkk

by Anonymousreply 164December 19, 2019 1:04 AM

vvvhdd

by Anonymousreply 165December 19, 2019 1:04 AM

R148 The festival is in Saudi Arabia but he's stopping by Turkey on the way there.

by Anonymousreply 166December 19, 2019 1:09 AM

"How do we feel about the DOTN remake, with ethnic actors in lieu of roaring 20's white british nobility, because ' in the book Agatha doesn't specify their skin colour'.? Is Armie playing Simon ? Who plays the Farrow part ? And please, please don' t tell me that Weinstein madam old whore donkeyteefs Dench will play the bette Davis role . Bette was immortal in this."

I'd rather see black Brits than white American actors trying and failing to do a British accent

by Anonymousreply 167December 19, 2019 1:56 AM

[quote] The festival is in Saudi Arabia but he's stopping by Turkey on the way there.

Does this man ever spend any time at home?

by Anonymousreply 168December 19, 2019 2:30 AM

R167 you have a point

by Anonymousreply 169December 19, 2019 6:58 AM

R168 his wife went to SA last year. I swear they have something shady going on over there.

by Anonymousreply 170December 19, 2019 8:00 AM

R170, and it is shady because....?

So, a white person goes to an African country and it has to be shady?

by Anonymousreply 171December 19, 2019 12:17 PM

@R168 says the envious couch potato

by Anonymousreply 172December 19, 2019 12:19 PM

Or you know. They like the combination of beach, safari and mountain holidays that only seem possible in Africa?

by Anonymousreply 173December 19, 2019 12:21 PM

All nongay whites are inherently shady. It comes with the morally, intellectually, and aesthetically barren territory of heterosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 174December 19, 2019 12:21 PM

@R174, LOL

by Anonymousreply 175December 19, 2019 12:23 PM

Saudi Arabia isn’t in Africa, geniuses.

by Anonymousreply 176December 19, 2019 12:26 PM

R176, poster should have specified because SA also stands for South Africa. Although I suppose whoever it was is so obsessed with the whereabouts of this couple that they assume everyone else knows what they are talking about and don't bother to explain.

by Anonymousreply 177December 19, 2019 12:34 PM

R177 Yes, but Saudi Arabia is spelled out at R166.

by Anonymousreply 178December 19, 2019 12:35 PM

R178, again, I am not so keen, I just scan this thread for interesting bits on Armie, anything else is neither here nor there. btw it also applies to Saudi, there is nothing shady about going there.

by Anonymousreply 179December 19, 2019 12:38 PM

Saudi Arabia is abbreviated as KSA. As in The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. SA usually refers to South Africa

by Anonymousreply 180December 19, 2019 12:55 PM

I thought it referred to San Antonio...

by Anonymousreply 181December 19, 2019 2:39 PM

R172 ...says the miserable person with no friends or home life.

by Anonymousreply 182December 19, 2019 2:46 PM

R182, if you can call your Mom's basement home life, okay....

by Anonymousreply 183December 19, 2019 10:30 PM

He is certainly not a genius, but I don't think he is a terrible actor. I think his best chances are to take on more character roles. I have yet to see him in a role that would indicate he can carry a role of a romantic interest leading man, other than he is gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 184December 20, 2019 2:49 AM

Part of the problem is that he has zero romantic chemistry with women onscreen.

by Anonymousreply 185December 20, 2019 2:54 AM

How is that a problem ?

by Anonymousreply 186December 20, 2019 6:11 AM

I don't have any chemistry with my female co-stars, either, but it didn't hold me back!

by Anonymousreply 187December 20, 2019 3:12 PM

Give me a big romantic role in your next film, Leo, and I'll show you how to sizzle things up with some hot woman on man passion!

by Anonymousreply 188December 20, 2019 3:16 PM

You can't be a character actor if your face has no character.

by Anonymousreply 189December 20, 2019 10:09 PM

Is A. trying to say something? It seems he was surrounded by beautiful women every step of the way on his trip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190December 21, 2019 12:08 AM

R189 speaks the truth.

by Anonymousreply 191December 21, 2019 3:17 PM

I'd say he has an average acting skills at most days. His worst is never a disaster and his best is never outstanding.

by Anonymousreply 192December 21, 2019 3:26 PM

R192 Agreed. His best peformanc ever imo was after Oliver had sex with Elio, and Elio ignored him. He played that confusion and yearning very well. Haven't seen anything outstanding from him since.

by Anonymousreply 193December 21, 2019 5:26 PM

Is he divorced? I read that on other thread but i can’t find it

by Anonymousreply 194December 21, 2019 5:29 PM

Mr. Hammer is turning out to be the Nick Cage of his generation. Is he a good actor? A bad actor? Who can tell???

by Anonymousreply 195December 21, 2019 5:59 PM

Yadda-yadda-yadda. I loved him in CMBYN and I love to look at him. For the rest--I DON'T CARE.

by Anonymousreply 196December 21, 2019 6:23 PM

R193, because Luca got it out of him

by Anonymousreply 197December 21, 2019 10:17 PM

R192 wins the thread

by Anonymousreply 198December 22, 2019 3:02 AM

r197 Luca fucked it out of him? And still he was mediocre.

by Anonymousreply 199December 23, 2019 6:53 AM

He’s an ugly, ugly, Neanderthal with hairy,dragging knuckles to boot. He can’t act his way out of the closet he’s in.

by Anonymousreply 200December 23, 2019 6:55 AM

He has ugly fingers and nails

by Anonymousreply 201December 23, 2019 9:09 PM

R201 But his toes are magically delicious and suckable!

by Anonymousreply 202December 23, 2019 9:31 PM

R202 Ford, go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 203December 31, 2019 2:03 PM

Isn’t Armie one of the men in black on The Masked Singer?

by Anonymousreply 204December 31, 2019 2:15 PM

Let's not revive this thread. Armie has had enough bashing in 2019

by Anonymousreply 205December 31, 2019 3:07 PM

Terrible, wooden actor. He ruins everything he's in.

by Anonymousreply 206December 31, 2019 3:10 PM

Honestly, I loved him in Uncle and everything else. He's an old fashioned movie heartthrob who can only play himself, like Cary, Rock, Tony C, etc. When did you see any of them in character or remotely 'believable' as real people?

by Anonymousreply 207December 31, 2019 3:14 PM

R205 = Timothee

by Anonymousreply 208December 31, 2019 3:14 PM

R205 has forgotten where he is.

by Anonymousreply 209December 31, 2019 3:22 PM

[quote]like Cary, Rock, Tony C, etc.

R207 Hi, Armie!

by Anonymousreply 210December 31, 2019 3:36 PM

Leave Armie alone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211December 31, 2019 4:11 PM

[quote] He's an old fashioned movie heartthrob who can only play himself, like Cary, Rock, Tony C, etc.

Two of whom were gay. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 212December 31, 2019 9:04 PM

Rebecca is going to be as bad as Wounds. I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 213January 2, 2020 3:24 PM

Rebecca has always been a piece of crap

by Anonymousreply 214January 2, 2020 5:18 PM

Olivia sweetie, it's a piece of crap if you make it so. We didn't

by Anonymousreply 215January 2, 2020 6:22 PM

Shut up Larry. If I had been nominated in the right category for GWTW, your wife wouldn't have had a career

by Anonymousreply 216January 2, 2020 6:55 PM

Why fiddle dee dee Miss Melanie R216

by Anonymousreply 217January 2, 2020 10:37 PM

R216 OH No you ain't!

by Anonymousreply 218January 2, 2020 11:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!