Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Funny Pets!

What are some funny or odd behaviors that your pets have?

My dog happens to love coffee. She will wait on my lap till the very last half ounce which I will let her lick out of the cup.

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2019 1:46 PM

my husbands late poodle would do just that.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2019 2:31 PM

My cat prefers iced tea, vanilla ice cream, pizza, pizzelle cookies, Velveeta cheese, and Spanish olives.

šŸ˜ø He's an [italic] International Delight.

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2019 2:46 PM

Lol R2! My rescue Maltese mix was a weirdo. He would cut a bitch for a croissant! Or even crazy bread from Little Caesars.

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2019 2:58 PM

My dog will only lay on soft surfaces.

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2019 8:57 PM

I have a Lhaso Apso that begs for the last bite of whatever I eat. He especially likes pizza crusts.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2019 1:53 PM

R1 Caffeine can be toxic to dogs.

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2019 2:02 PM

My 3 year old black Lab mix loves discovering new facets of her excellent agility. Once when she literally took a flying leap across the room to jump on the couch, you could the light bulb over her head saying ā€œthis is funā€, and she proceeded to get off the couch at try those flying leaps again a few more times. She recently discovered sliding in the snow, so itā€™s a riot watching her run back and forth in the yard when there is snow, and trying to skid at the end of her run.

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2019 2:16 PM

Even just a tiny bit of coffee R6?

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2019 2:30 PM

My pets love singing along with me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2019 3:11 PM

That was a funny crazy video R9.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2019 4:03 PM

R6 Not worth the risk imo. I love my dog more than most people.

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2019 4:36 PM

My dog likes eggnog. Broguiereā€™s to be exact.

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2019 9:41 PM

Had a cat when I was a kid that enjoyed biting her tail and howling and hissing like she was being attacked. Mom kept hollering ā€œLeave that cat alone!ā€

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2019 9:48 PM

Even a tiny bit of coffee can make a dog explode.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2019 9:53 PM

My dog farts every night at the exact same time. 9:30 eastern standard time.

by Anonymousreply 15December 9, 2019 12:57 AM

I was dog-sitting at my folks out on Long Island, and I invited out a friend from the city, because the place was vert congenial, with a pool and tennis court. My friend was an opera soprano.

My parents had two dogs and a cat, but the min. poodle, named Baudelaire, was my special friend, and he resented having to share me with my guest.

So, at the end of the day, as my friend and I (and Baudelaire) were awaiting the train, it came roaring up the track and the dog, seeing his chance, jumped off the bench we were on and lifted his leg on my friend's bag.

Shocking! But what can you do? I shook my finger at him, but Baudelaire was glad.

by Anonymousreply 16December 17, 2019 10:37 AM

Our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel enjoys sitting on the couch and sharing an apple with us. He touches my arm with his paw when he is ready for his next bite.

by Anonymousreply 17December 17, 2019 11:21 AM

Awwww what great manners R17!

by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2019 5:39 AM

OK a few things:

OPā€™s dog probably likes the creamy taste of the coffee and should be weaned to cream, as coffee is not good for a dog - plus Iā€™ll bet anything the pooch wouldnā€™t go near a cup of black java.

And Baudeliere - no matter how tot-sized, should have been in a cage at the train station. You were lucky he went rogue only to pee on a bag, when he could have played a game of ā€œchase the carā€ with a roaring train.

Carry on

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2019 6:05 AM

Toy-sized

by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2019 6:06 AM

My cat will tap my face with his paw on the exact spot he wants his own face scratched. Under the chin, left cheek, right cheek, forehead ... it took me a while to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2019 6:27 AM

My dog is obsessed with socks. If I leave socks (clean or dirty, old or brand new) within his reach, he grabs it and ā€œburiesā€ it somewhere, usually under a blanket or between pillows on the couch. He often wanders around crying for a while first, which, if Iā€™m around, is an immediate clue that heā€™s found a sock. Now that Iā€™m much better about putting them in the hamper immediately, he goes into the hamper to get one.

My cat is extremely passive aggressive and so wonā€™t wake me up by just meowing at me. Sheā€™ll instead find objects in the bedroom to knock over or otherwise manipulate to make noise. I canā€™t allow any cellophane or plastic bags anywhere in the bedroom for this reason.

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2019 7:17 AM

I love all these stories and pets. Adorable!

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2019 7:21 AM

We have a 10 year old cat named Charlie. He never drinks from the water bowl like a normal cat. He gathers some water into his mouth, then tilts his head back slightly, and allows the water to trickle slowly down his throat, making a slight smacking sound. It's somewhat like a bird would drink.

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2019 7:29 AM

My cat fetches, sits on command, gives me her paw right before a meal, and scratches on my bedroom door at 4:00 am if she wants to go outside.

Iā€™ve apparently trained her to be a good dog.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2019 8:21 AM

My dog would get upset if I had to leave him for more than a day and would growl upon my arrival while wanting to be patted at the same time. We once traveled to a farm to pick out a golden retriever puppy for a friend. I made the mistake of cradling this new puppy in front of my dog and it took two days for him to get over it. I often joke that my dog is a psycho stalker... he sleeps under my bed in a nest he made himself that consists of my dirty underwear and magazine paper. He's a little wiener dog with a Napoleon complex.

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2019 8:33 AM

R26 he sounds adorable and hilarious šŸ¶

by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2019 9:51 AM

My long departed female Boxer, Shebie, was super-smart and did all sorts of cool things during her day to day existence. For example, if I was talking on the corded phone and she wanted to go outside, she used to hang up the phone at the base, then make eye contact with me and look at the front door. She also used to back her rump up and do hand stands at utility poles to pee on them. She was also a very feisty 45lb girl. Once, I was letting her out via the back door/porch and we discovered an unknown large male Black Lab at the bottom of the stairs on the catwalk. I told him to get and she must have thought I told her to "get HIM." She broke loose from my grasp, took a running leap off the porch and landed on the Lab's back - it was the funniest yet most impressive sight to see her legs dangling over his rib cage as she chowed down on the back of his neck. He ran away. She also used to stand and run across the yard on her hind legs chasing a blowing leaf or whatever.

The male Boxer I had after her, Bing, was fun but irritable at times. He was also vindictive. One morning, I stripped my bed and washed everything on it - sheets, pillow cases, blanket, comforter. I got it all done and brought it all up from the basement. I put it all on the dining room table to get the mail on the front porch, leaving the storm door unlocked. Coming back into the house, I noticed that Bing had been chewing the carpet on the stairs again at the corner. I pointed the offense out to him, telling him "NO!" and gave him a few firm wacks on the thigh before gathering all my bedding and proceeding to my bedroom up stairs to make the bed. Bing followed me, right on my heels and he sat in the corner of the room watching me make the bed. After I got it all done, I crossed to the closet and I heard Bing jump onto my bed. I turned to tell him to get down, and as we faced one another, he looked me square in the eye and proceeded to PEE ON MY FRESHLY MADE BED! His reaction was immediate as I took one step toward him - he jetted away and down the stairs, stood up and turned the lever on the storm door, running up the street with me chasing after him.

My current Boxer, Jackpot aka Jax, had a habit of setting off the alarm on my truck whenever he'd tag along as I drove to run errands or go to the store. After leaving my vehicle, Id lock and arm it via the fob and he'd wait for me to walk near to store entrance to set the alarm off by pulling the lever to open the door. He absolutely did it on purpose every time. It got to the point where I would walk backward toward the store entrance saying "NO" and using hand gestures reiterating that he'd better not do it. And he'd wait until I was in front of the door to pull the latch, setting off the alarm. He was such an asshole with that stunt.

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2019 1:41 PM

My dog loved coffee too (when I was a kid). He was a chihuahua. When my parents would be drinking coffee, he would get all excited, my dad would say "get your dish" and the dog would run and pick up his dish with his teeth, and my dad would pour him some coffee. Chihuahuas are probably nervous enough without coffee, but anyway he loved it.

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2019 1:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!