Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

J-Lo/Hustlers Oscar Buzz

After Hustlers was first screened at TIFF, people started talking about Best Pic nominations for the film and Best Actress nomination for J-Lo. I haven't seen it. All I know is that it was filmed in under a month. Was she really that good or do you think her PR and management team started the buzz themselves?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2020 3:56 PM

I think it was a combination of her pr team plus the great reviews she genuinely earned. The problem of course is that the buzz peaked early, the Oscar voting period is in January (sometimes Feb) and timing is everything.

BSA category is one of the thinnest this year, so imo a nomination is very much within reach for her for this. No win though (Laura Dern may have that wrapped up).

by Anonymousreply 1December 2, 2019 1:01 AM

She will def be nominated but won’t win. She was really good in the movie

by Anonymousreply 2December 2, 2019 1:34 AM

A lot of the reviews focus heavily on the physicality of the role and how captivating she is. To be honest, I think much of the awe surrounding her performance has to do with people being shocked a 50 year old woman could look and dance like that. Jlo didn't suddenly become a nuanced actor with levels and depth. She's played the same character over and over again for two decades. People are just blown away that someone her age can look that good and move that well. I also think Bohemian Rhapsody/Rami Malek's win set the bar very low for future nominations.

by Anonymousreply 3December 2, 2019 10:47 AM

I’m surprised, I really like this movie. Not over yet, though.

by Anonymousreply 4December 16, 2019 3:23 AM

The physicality of the role is impressive. I wouldn't complain if they gave her an Oscar just for the pole moves. But, yeah, she's actually quite good at filling out a character that could've easily come across as one-note. Especially contrasted to Constance Wu's performance. That might be Lopez's neatest trick -- making me feel sorry for Wu's loathsome character.

by Anonymousreply 5December 16, 2019 3:33 AM

I agree she will likely get a nomination because of the thinness of the field this year.

But like Justin Timberale and Oprah, though she has talent she does not work at her craft--she dips in and out of it as it suits her. I think that bugs people in Hollywood, who would be more likely to award it to someone like Dern, who is as talented but who works very hard at her craft,.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2019 3:38 AM

I think it's important to remember that most people first became familiar with Jennifer Lopez through movies (aside from In Living Colour and Janet's That's the Way Love Goes). She received good reviews for her early roles in Jack, Selena and Out of Sight. Then she shifted the focus from Jennifer Lopez to "J-Lo". She became more of a brand and there was a stronger focus on celebrity than artistic integrity ("Bennifer", perfumes, music, videos, dance shows, movies like The Back-Up Plan and The Boy Next Door which were not very good but kept her in the film business ).

Hustlers is a reminder that she is an actress and, like r6 mentioned, she can be quite good if she puts the effort in and works at her craft.

It will be interesting to see if she uses this buzz (and possible Oscar win) to put a stronger focus on her film career and seek out better roles.

by Anonymousreply 7December 16, 2019 3:55 AM

LOTS of 50 year olds look better than JLo. And can climb a pole, if necessary.

The problem with JLo is that she can act, but she’s become such a parody of her Bronx “Hood Princess” persona, it has permanently permeated the psyche of those who decide who gets taken seriously.

Look at those photos at OP’s link. It’s like she is desperate to remain in her Bennifer days, wearing pink bikinis, a tan, and dyed hair. It looks tacky. It’s doesn’t work at 50. And yes, I know those pics are taken for continuity/ style/look book purposes when filming. However, this looks just like her all the time, anyhow. We see no maturation, and swinging on a pole, looking like you do all the time, is just swinging on a pole, on film.

She’s a good actress. She can get even better. Step away from stereotypes, with the big hair, heavy makeup, tight, tacky clothes, because the tacky isn’t judged by me, it’s judged by those who are dinosaurs, in the voting Academy. They’re looking for something more authentic from JLo, and it’s not another rendition of Charo 2.0. Thrush sucks, but it is true, nonetheless.

If Charo wasn’t diverse enough for them, neither is JLo. And if looking like Charo 24/7 is going to get her an Oscar, which I HIGHLY doubt, then I will eat my words.

This sucks, because she’s been pigeonholed into a box that she can’t necessarily get out of, without hurting the bottom line: $$$. Audiences don’t want to pay to see Jennifer Lopez, the actress, in an outstanding film and playing an outstanding role, they wanna see Jenny from the block.

How can she break out from this? Any ideas?

by Anonymousreply 8December 16, 2019 3:55 AM

Jlo hasn't been any kind of actress since she first broke out with Out of Sight and Selena. The rest of her "performances" have been middling to shitty.

by Anonymousreply 9December 16, 2019 4:26 AM

I torrented this in order to hate-watch it (I think J-Lo is a total ho bag) but it pains me to say I liked the movie and she was really good in it. But she's still a ho and I feel completely embarrassed for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 5:00 AM

I saw the movie. She wins nothing

by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 5:04 AM

This all reminds me of "For Your Consideration."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 6:03 AM

R8, it is not true that “LOTS” of 50 year olds look better than Lopez. That is just bullshit.

That line alone told me to question everything upon said in5he rest of your long post.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 6:25 AM

I'm sure J-Lo will suck every cock and lick every twat she has to to win that Oscar. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 14December 16, 2019 6:54 AM

I'd want her to win just to see Mimi's head explode.

by Anonymousreply 15December 16, 2019 7:11 AM

Mariah will jump from the 3rd floor of a hotel if Jlo wins an Oscar. I’m just afraid that she would cause an earthquake if she jumps.

by Anonymousreply 16December 16, 2019 8:08 AM

That’s reason enough for me r16.

JLo will definitely get a nomination, a win, not sure about that. It’s going to be an interesting awards season.

by Anonymousreply 17December 16, 2019 10:58 AM

Sorry I have to ask, but...WTF movie was Mariah Carey in anytime recently?

by Anonymousreply 18December 16, 2019 12:20 PM

Mariah should have killed J Lo when she had the chance.

by Anonymousreply 19December 16, 2019 12:26 PM

HHEENNNIFFFERRRRRRR will never ever win an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 20December 16, 2019 12:54 PM

R13, bullshit, & if you live in NYC, Miami, or LA, ESPECIALLY LA, you know I’m not lying.

WTF do you think wealthy 50 year olds do in current times, while their attorney or big bucks earning husbands do all day, now that the kids have all flown the nest, & their husbands are at work all day? They do shit like meet their Pilates instructor at 7:00 am, in their Pilates room, or they meet the other wealthy frauen at their yoga class. Some spend 2-3 hours a day with their personal trainers, and they ALL hit their med-spas, plastic surgeon’s office, dermatologist’s office, and anti-aging doctor’s office regularly, etc.

So, YES. LOTS of 50 year olds look as good as JLo. Just because you don’t see them on MSM regularly, doesn’t mean they’re not running around town, staying in excellent shape, & paying big bucks to do so.

JLo is not an anomaly in places like Los Angeles. She’s the new normal, and anyone who either lives on one of the aforementioned cities, or visits them regularly, knows this, because they see them, or because they do all of this shit, too.

I give Jennifer HUGE props for staying in shape. I think she’s a beautiful woman, and a good actress. I hope she gets her nomination, and would be pleasantly surprised and happy for her, if she got the prize she seeks.

by Anonymousreply 21December 16, 2019 3:05 PM

It's a terrible year for acting in movies. Not many stand-out performances.

by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2019 3:23 PM

I watched this over the weekend. It was a solid performance, but by no means Oscar worthy. For Jlo, this was a great performance, but any other actress could have played this role and done more with it.

I'll also say that the fact she produced the movie and the Oscar buzz for her performance started before the film even opened gives me a case of the side-eyes. This seems like a case of if you say something enough, people will believe it. They've been hyping her for an Oscar since the film opened and it's been a fantastically bad year for films, especially roles for women.

by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2019 10:39 PM

I didn't even make a dime for this! It is for the love of the art!

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2019 10:49 PM

R24 you made a lot on the backend!

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2019 10:54 PM

Don't judge my private life!

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2019 11:20 PM

R21, you mentioned 3 major cities where you see LOTS. Of 50 year olds who look like JLo — THREE.

Thanks for making my point. Those 3 cities are not America, or the world.

by Anonymousreply 27December 17, 2019 6:46 AM

Did she bare her tits?

by Anonymousreply 28December 17, 2019 8:09 AM

She is a beautiful woman but a real bitch behind closed doors

by Anonymousreply 29December 17, 2019 9:56 AM

I suspect critics’ groups could get behind Lopez, too, especially the influential New York Film Critics Circle, which has a habit of rewarding stars the rest of the cognoscenti might be tempted to dismiss, like Cameron Diaz (for “There’s Something About Mary”) and Tiffany Haddish (for “Girls Trip”).

Still, Lopez’s bid is not without potential pitfalls. The academy gravitates toward male-driven crime films, but when women are pulling off the cons — as in last year’s crackerjack “Widows” — the movies don’t always get the attention they deserve. The strip-club milieu of “Hustlers” may also be a turnoff to certain voters: Matthew McConaughey was similarly deserving for his wild-eyed supporting role in 2012’s “Magic Mike,” but the academy declined to stuff his G-string.

Award campaigns can be a monthslong endurance test, and while the busy Lopez will certainly book her fair share of actress roundtables, she may not have time for the Q&As and handshakes that are often required for a first-timer trying to break into the Oscar race. It’s rumored that she’s in negotiations to headline the halftime show of the 2020 Super Bowl, which takes place a week before the Oscars and may complicate her schedule even further.

That gig might also dissuade academy members who may feel that Lopez already has it all. When it comes to an Oscar, voters want nominees to need it just the right amount, the kind of absurd, playacting transaction that Ramona would surely raise an eyebrow at. If a crucial part of Lopez’s mystique is how she flaunts her hard-won success, academy members may sniff that she’s not doing much acting in “Hustlers.”

They’d be wrong. “The part of her that was a single mom from the Bronx, I get,” Lopez told me at the film’s after-party. “The part of her that was a nurturer, a hard worker, a survivor — I get. But the part of her that crosses the line and says, ‘I love you, but I love the money more’? That was something else.”

For as confident as Ramona might appear, it took everything Lopez had to summon up the courage to play her. “Where she’s willing to go, that was hard for me to even watch myself onscreen doing,” she said. Lopez recalled a moment at the premiere when the audience gasped at Ramona’s nerve: “Even I felt like that, and it was me looking at me!” She smiled. “But it didn’t feel like me. It felt like I was looking at somebody else.”

-NYT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 17, 2019 10:18 AM

R30 Well New York Critics didn't get behind J-Lo (they went with Laura Dern) but LA went for J-Lo.

by Anonymousreply 31December 17, 2019 10:21 AM

[Quote] That might be Lopez's neatest trick -- making me feel sorry for Wu's loathsome character.

Was Destiny really that bad in comparison to Ramona??

by Anonymousreply 32December 17, 2019 10:42 AM

R27, Everyone knows that LOTS of 50 year old women in those cities spend ALL day EVERY day getting botox, yoga, taking IVF treatments or buying surrogates, weightlifting, plastic surgery, shopping and picking at their salads all while looking BETTER than J-Lo.

Don't you watch any of the Real Housewives series like R8/R21 does? You could stand to learn a thing or two.

by Anonymousreply 33December 17, 2019 10:48 AM

We're all aware of rich women dieting their asses off, but at best they look like Gwyneth, not JLo.

by Anonymousreply 34December 17, 2019 12:14 PM

Henniferrrrr is not bearing Laura Dern, a widely respected ACTRESS, for the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 35December 17, 2019 12:45 PM

She is like that woman on Seinfeld who would look either very good or hideous depending on the lighting. In OP's pic, on the left-side, she looks like a man in drag.

by Anonymousreply 36December 17, 2019 12:46 PM

R27, where in my original post did I indicate that lots of American women look like JLo in their 50s, or even in the world?

“Lots” is a general term, which I then realized, was too general of a reference, and therefore, it needed to be narrowed down, in order for me to argue that these women exist, and where exactly it is, that I have encountered them.

I NEVER claimed that LOTS of women look like JLo at 50, through out the WORLD, because AGAIN, “LOTS” was a general reference, which needed to become specific in order to substantiate my claim.

R27, I’m not attempting to belittle you or become increasingly argumentative with you, by pointing out that reason comprehension is NOT JUST a skill that enables one to correctly read words on a page. It is a skill that must also employ the ability to parse through the content, in a way that is analytical, even at the risk of NOT making your point.

What I originally wrote, isn’t expressed in legalese or scientific language. It is a simple, general assessment, made on the basis of my personal observations. Once I understood that I had mistakenly written out this general observation, due in part to your justified counter argument, I realized my error, and narrowed down my observations, in order to add credence to my claim.

Learn how to read objectively, and more importantly, analytically. And I hope you can logically understand that your point has not been made, nor is it valid, because I self corrected my original, general statement, by adding supporting details in order to substantiate my original and general statement, in DEFERENCE to YOURS.

by Anonymousreply 37December 17, 2019 1:58 PM

Correction:

“reading comprehension”, not “reason comprehension”.

Apologies. Lol!

by Anonymousreply 38December 17, 2019 2:02 PM

R33, LMAO!

I don’t watch any of the RHW series. However, I did when I had first relapsed, and my multiple cranberry-vodka drinkie-poos, made these shows bearable.

They were fun, and I still appreciate them for what they are, & offer, so no shade.

I have lived in both NYC and Los Angeles, specifically, right where the RHWOBH filmed, (what Angelenos refer to as the Westside”, for most of my life.

Women in LA, have, by and large, or generally, always taken excellent care of themselves. The cities I mentioned, are, coincidentally, the same cities in which JLo has lived through out her life. So it’s not unusual, that JLo looks really good at 50, especially when like me, she has been surrounded by these women in these cities, who generally work hard at maintaining their health, & look great at any age.

Also, allow me to point out that many European women, particularly French women, also age beautifully, however, differently that the fit LA/NYC/Miami types. It’s in my opinion, a preferable aesthetic, since hideous makeup application techniques and obvious plastic surgery/fillers, are usually eschewed, in lieu of aging naturally, remaining thin, and emphasizing great style.

Sadly, the majority of American women (and men), have allowed themselves to render their bodies almost useless and definite liabilities, by existing on junk food, booze, and pills. On the other extreme, we have the new generation of women who find it normal to mutilate their natural beauty by injecting their faces and bodies with fillers, which make them look like a mad scientist’s idea of sex robots.

Whatever. Happy I had enough sense to mix a little bit of the yoga, with a little bit of the French thing. Happy mediums work for me.

😘

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2019 2:25 PM

R37, your posts would be HILARIOUS if they weren’t so tragic.

You always this defensive and long winded when you make a mistake or say something dumb? You lose sleep when someone calls you out?

My God, dude, just relax. This is not the way to prevent wrinkles. Don’t you want JLo skin that LOTS of women have?

by Anonymousreply 40December 18, 2019 6:35 AM

She was herself but instead of a long music video, it was a film. The Oscars are a joke now.

by Anonymousreply 41December 18, 2019 6:43 AM

[Quote] She was herself but instead of a long music video, it was a film.

Complete with ass shaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 18, 2019 1:01 PM

Any nomination the old biddy gets were bought u can be sure.

She has the talent of a sand gnat with fake tittys and ass.

by Anonymousreply 43December 18, 2019 1:13 PM

Them bones are still 50 years old and brittle!

by Anonymousreply 44December 18, 2019 8:34 PM

Did she actually go topless?

by Anonymousreply 45December 18, 2019 8:58 PM

No way is she getting an Oscar nomination for this MTV movie.

by Anonymousreply 46December 18, 2019 9:03 PM

R45: no.

R46: oh, honey. I've got news for you: not only is she getting nominated, but she's actually giving Dern competition. Sit tight.

by Anonymousreply 47December 18, 2019 10:37 PM

I just remember her walking into the club. A lot. And then they gave her a little speech at the end.

by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2019 10:44 PM

I like Jennifer, and you can’t deny that she’s a hard worker. She and Alex are now pushing supplements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2019 10:47 PM

R45 none of the main characters did any nudity.

by Anonymousreply 50December 19, 2019 3:21 AM

R21 You left out eating salad without dressing at Souplantation.

by Anonymousreply 51December 19, 2019 3:47 AM

I'm already fatigued with all the fake humility and shock over the nominations. This entire year has been one long Oscar campaign, starting with the ridiculous video Vanguard award last summer, straight into the choice to have her lead the Motown tribute at The Grammys, then on to the announcement she'd be headlining the Superbowl half-time, straight into Hustler, which she and Benny Medina produced. Pairing her with A-Rod was masterful.

You have to hand it to Benny Medina. He gets shit done.

by Anonymousreply 52December 25, 2019 10:25 PM

Thread hijack: any Benny Medina stories?

by Anonymousreply 53December 25, 2019 11:26 PM

She may get a Golden Globe, but no nomination and certainly no Oscar win.

by Anonymousreply 54December 25, 2019 11:31 PM

I don't know that she's liked enough by her peers/Academy members to get an Oscar nomination. I've never been under the impression she's all that well-liked by other actors. That Movieline interview she did back in 95 or so where she bad mouthed other actresses really made people dislike her. she comes off like someone who, once she gets a boyfriend, completely blows off her girl friends. her relationships become her entire identity.

by Anonymousreply 55December 26, 2019 12:06 AM

Finally saw it. She was OK. Oscar caliber? No. She was basically playing herself. The tacky, tight clothes, swanning around the club in furs, calling everybody "baby." Not exactly a stretch for her - a money obsessed, ghetto, dancer from the Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 56December 26, 2019 2:05 AM

I thought this performance was underwhelming and mostly in the CGI, styling and makeup effects.

But those straight guys like to see the "nubile stripper" CGI and pat themselves on the back for supporting diversity. And entertainment industry types just love it when beautiful, female actresses take ugly roles and use makeup to make themselves look bad.

by Anonymousreply 57December 26, 2019 2:26 AM

When was the last time a latina won an Oscar? Rita Moreno.

Or even nominated? IIRC it was that Catalina woman that played a drug mule.

It would be cool if J-Lo won an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 58December 26, 2019 3:32 AM

Nevermind it was Aparizio woman from that Netflix movie. Even the Mexicans called her a "peasant unworthy of a nomination" geez 🙁

by Anonymousreply 59December 26, 2019 3:34 AM

Sorry I'm a little drunk right now. Too much spicjed eggnog.

⛄🎄🎅 Merry Xmas everyone!🎅🎄⛄

by Anonymousreply 60December 26, 2019 3:36 AM

Jlo should have bared her boobs, for her art.

by Anonymousreply 61December 26, 2019 10:44 AM

R56 it was funny watching her pole dancing video, talking about the "slutty" dance moves she'd have to do. I think that would be a walk in the park compared to blowing Mottola for tracks.

by Anonymousreply 62December 26, 2019 3:05 PM

[quote] When was the last time a latina won an Oscar? Rita Moreno.

Lol, um whut? Penelope Cruz, for starters, an incredible actress.

by Anonymousreply 63December 26, 2019 4:15 PM

The film was.. fine. So was Jennifer Lopez. But can I ask something else. Does anyone know the name of the actor who played the client who jumped off his balcony and who Constance Wu's character had to shuttle to the hospital? I wonder if he doesn't get an IMDB credit since it's a non-speaking part (other than maybe a word or two when he temporarily regains consciousness.) But, that dude was FINE. What a body. Any clue?

by Anonymousreply 64December 29, 2019 2:37 PM

R63: Penelope Cruz is Spanish, not Latina. There is a difference.

JLo was great in this role. After watching Marriage Story, I believe a nomination is locked in and she is still a front-runner. Dern's performance was nothing special, and for all the talk about her "craft" the role doesn't deviate much from what she usually does.

by Anonymousreply 65December 29, 2019 2:47 PM

Dern is absolutely beloved in Hollywood and on a hot streak with Big Little Lies, Star Wars, Marriage Story, and Little Women all in the last two years. She’s a second gen actor and has been behind the scenes working in the academy for a few years now too.

She’s a lock. The award is hers.

by Anonymousreply 66December 29, 2019 3:09 PM

Aw, you tried it R65.

by Anonymousreply 67December 29, 2019 4:13 PM

R66 Dern was GREAT in MS and BLL but her part in Star Wars was hated and I thought she was miscast in Little Women

by Anonymousreply 68December 29, 2019 4:30 PM

Dern was nothing special in MS. The part didn't call for much, she had one memorable scene.

by Anonymousreply 69December 29, 2019 5:34 PM

Considering the year JLo has had, I wouldn't count her out for a win. Nobody has the number of career and life achievements in such a short amount of time she's had without some serious string-pulling. Seriously, consider everything that's happened for her this past year and a half: Vegas residency; a video vanguard award; heading up a Motown tribute at The Grammy's; an engagement to a high-profile baseball player; chosen to head up Superbowl half-time show; and now the awards circuit for a movie that is arguably mediocre at best. The Vanguard award was ridiculous considering Missy Elliot had never even been given that and JLo's videos are nothing special; the Motown tribute gig was ludicrous considering it should have been a black artist to helm that; the Superbowl gig is meant for popular mainstream artists and she's...not that. The only thing standing in her way of a nomination/win is that she's not chummy with many other actors and actresses. In fact, I'd go so far as to say she's not very well-liked. Like someone else said, Dern is beloved. Jlo's entire last two years have been very strategically planned out. This is not a case of good fortune or reward for effort. Deals were made to get her all of these gigs.

by Anonymousreply 70December 29, 2019 5:56 PM

Watched Hustlers. JLo is not winning (or probably getting a nomination) for playing herself. The pole dancing scene was probably the hardest thing she did and it wasn’t that good. Not happening.

by Anonymousreply 71January 4, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote]I've never been under the impression she's all that well-liked by other actors.

Even Clooney loathes her, and given his rep as a gets along with everyone type (well, besides David O. Russell), that's significant. Anything that depends on other actors voting for her, she won't get.

by Anonymousreply 72January 4, 2020 7:46 PM

Just watched a screener of it. I can see why it did well and Jennifer was pretty good in it so she should seal an Oscar nomination. It's like Flashdance but with a plot.

by Anonymousreply 73January 4, 2020 9:14 PM

Lol no one in Flashdance was nominated for an Oscar and that’s not an apt comparison.

by Anonymousreply 74January 5, 2020 11:41 AM

[Quote] It's like Flashdance but with a plot.

J.Lo also did her own dancing but i think Beals is the better actress.

by Anonymousreply 75January 5, 2020 12:02 PM

Jlo got sued for copying scenes from flash dance!

This movie really wasn't a big hit people assume it was, it made €157 million. Good but nothing great.

Here's JLO in Flashdance!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76January 5, 2020 12:10 PM

r8, I don't think there are a lot of 50 year olds that look like her. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 77January 5, 2020 12:11 PM

OOPSIE!!

by Anonymousreply 78January 13, 2020 12:48 PM

[quote]Jlo got sued for copying scenes from flash dance!

If J.Lo couldn't steal from others, she wouldn't have a career:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 13, 2020 1:19 PM

Dern's role in Marriage Story is like what Amy from Enlightened would be like if she had never had a breakdown and stayed wealthy. Not really a surprising role--it was good, not amazing. Still, I love Dern and hope she wins. My question is: if Dern wins, will we have footage of JLo shedding tears as she eats a taco?

by Anonymousreply 80January 13, 2020 1:42 PM

FAIL!

by Anonymousreply 81January 13, 2020 1:45 PM

hope that baseball bi guy leaves her at the altar.

he can do better

she OLD

by Anonymousreply 82January 13, 2020 1:45 PM

That would be delicious R80.

by Anonymousreply 83January 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Oh, for the love of god, shut up. Jennifer Lopez is not winning an Oscar for playing a stripper, as much as the entitled slut thinks she deserves one. The academy may be trash, but they're not trashy enough to give trash like her awards.

by Anonymousreply 84January 13, 2020 1:51 PM

The only buzz is coming from JLo vibing her clit to her own performance.

by Anonymousreply 85January 13, 2020 1:57 PM

I was not impressed with that movie or her performance. She's been better in other things.

by Anonymousreply 86January 13, 2020 2:52 PM

Has anyone seen that Spanish movie from 2007 she thought she should have won an Oscar for? El Cantante?

by Anonymousreply 87January 13, 2020 4:37 PM

she has had 3 operations to tighten her puss....

by Anonymousreply 88January 13, 2020 5:10 PM

I wonder if she will fire Benny Medina now ("You promised MEEEEEE!"). Will the next saga be A-Rod cheating on her? (You know he is).

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2020 3:18 AM

She hasn't had her tits out since Money Train in 97. Fucking prude.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2020 6:56 PM

Yes. It was a coordinated and expensive PR push that was used in order to help promote the movie and to get Jennifer Lopez excited about promoting the movie. I don’t know what to make of the great reviews for the film since it definitely earned them in the film is a heaping pile of shit. But Ima film like that was never going to be watched by enough academy voters. Even if they did, she has been making movies for 25 years now and just like Eddie Murphy, she probably does not put any effort into being nice or acknowledging people on set and they don’t like her because of it. And that hurts in terms of getting nominated or winning as we saw with Michael Keaton

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2020 9:30 PM

[Quote] Will the next saga be A-Rod cheating on her? (You know he is).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2020 10:53 PM

she tried to buy an Oscar nom, like she did a GG, but they not havin it.

she is a low rent bum from fresno…..

by Anonymousreply 93January 15, 2020 3:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!