Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Am I the only one who hated it when Adele's George Michael tribute at the 59th Grammys? "I CAN'T mess this up for him, I CAN'T!"

Roommate thinks I'm wrong for this, but as a GM fan, I was disgusted. Everyone stood up to clap, like "oh my god, she is soo brave," and I was like, wtf?! Why? Because she made some mistake and then said "Fuck," on stage??

The greatest performers ever understood something integral to show business : the show must go on. Clearly, Adele was not aware of this fact. George would never have done something like that.

"I just CAN'T mess this up for him!!" Hunny, ya already did. You messed it up for him the moment that you stopped the show to say you wouldn't!!

Sigh

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 4:16 PM

This moment =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2019 1:53 PM

And yet, life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2019 1:54 PM

She’s obnoxious and crude. Her voice is fading faster than any diva I’ve seen before her. It annoys me that an increasing amount of people are rating her amongst the best singers of all time and even the best female singer. She’s incredibly overrated.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2019 1:54 PM

OP, everyone here hated it. Her first attempt, her second, and the fact that the audience applauded her and not George Michael.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2019 1:58 PM

I don't really care what she did and what the audience did etc but for the song itself, I thought it was beautiful and haunting and I absolutely loved it. I have a hard time listening to it because grief is cumulative.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2019 2:10 PM

To me that was her "Jump the Shark" moment. She acted like a complete asshole, barking at the hard-working musicians and then using George's memory as an excuse. She acted like a spoiled brat.

And restarting was not worth it - she wasn't that good.

And r3 is right - her voice is fading. Whatever surgery she had is just showing how badly damaged her voice is.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2019 2:14 PM

It sounded better after she restarted.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2019 2:22 PM

I don't care for Bruno Mars but his Prince tribute was great. It made Adele look all the worse.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2019 12:47 PM

She already sang another song on the show, she didn't need to do this one too, since she obviously didn't have enough time to rehearse. She should have let someone else sing a tribute song.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2019 12:53 PM

Nope! Adele killed “Fast Love” and I don’t mean in a good way. When George sang his songs or when he covered another artist’s song he made it seem so easy. George’s songs are not easy to sing.

by Anonymousreply 10December 16, 2019 3:22 PM

Helen Reddy was a trooper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 16, 2019 3:34 PM

OP I'm sorry you've been bothered by this for two years.

by Anonymousreply 12December 16, 2019 3:41 PM

Totally forgot about this.

by Anonymousreply 13December 16, 2019 4:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!