Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Let's be the life and work of Miss Faye Dunaway

I'm the cup of piss she throw at Roman Polanski.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 16, 2019 9:42 PM

I know what’s coming. I’m not mad at you, OP. I’m mad at the inevitable dirt.

by Anonymousreply 1November 10, 2019 3:04 AM

I’m the large space that has developed between her nose and upper lip, creating a simian affect.

by Anonymousreply 2November 10, 2019 3:05 AM

I'm that Kusturica movie, which was the hit of all the Europe AND Cannes, but not well sold in this country.

by Anonymousreply 3November 10, 2019 3:06 AM

I am the phenomenal (and insufficiently discussed ) body of work, overshadowed by an unfairly maligned role as Joan Crawford . Even though I perfectly captured the behavior and mannerisms of a severely mentally ill woman .

by Anonymousreply 4November 10, 2019 3:06 AM

I'm the 2018 Gucci campaign, as hypnotic and insane as ever.

Waaaaaaaah, ahhhhhhhhh!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 10, 2019 3:19 AM

I'm her plastic surgeon and I love her because she has made me some much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ even though I do shitty work.

by Anonymousreply 6November 10, 2019 3:26 AM

I'm the weights she wore around her ankles and wrists between takes on BONNIE & CLYDE. Weight loss was needed after a "comfort food" debacle on Preminger's HURRY SUNDOWN.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 10, 2019 3:26 AM

I am her biggest competitor for roles. In one interview, when asked the first word that comes to mind for FD, I'll say "sad".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 10, 2019 3:35 AM

I am her wigs.

by Anonymousreply 9November 10, 2019 3:36 AM

I'm ex-boyfriend Frederick "Day of the Jackal" Forsyth. Don't we look good?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 10, 2019 3:47 AM

I am what becomes a legend most - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2019 3:57 AM

I escaped long ago and will never be seen again.

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2019 4:39 AM

I'm her 2007 Toyota Corolla she illegally parks all over West Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2019 4:41 AM

I'm the food scale she carries when going out.

by Anonymousreply 14November 10, 2019 4:45 AM

I am the VHS tape flung at the Blockbuster returns slot.

by Anonymousreply 15November 10, 2019 4:47 AM

I'm the lithium she has been prescribed and never takes. I'm also the WIRE HANGERS!!!

by Anonymousreply 16November 10, 2019 4:55 AM

I’m her former personal assistant who is writing a tell all. Non disclosure agreement be dammed. I took the original and deleted the copy on her computer before I quit.

by Anonymousreply 17November 10, 2019 5:10 AM

I'm the Universal Studios Tour Tram she got stuck behind.

by Anonymousreply 18November 10, 2019 5:15 AM

I'm her lack of sanity. WHAT DID YOU SAY?

by Anonymousreply 19November 10, 2019 5:17 AM

I am misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 20November 10, 2019 5:22 AM

I am Diana Scarwid's Granny panties.

by Anonymousreply 21November 10, 2019 5:24 AM

I am that movie that no one else in the world gives a fuck about that was the hit of all of Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 22November 10, 2019 5:28 AM

I'm the masterpieces on her resume (Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown and Network).

by Anonymousreply 23November 10, 2019 5:29 AM

I’m her eyelids. I quickly became hooded and droopy in the mid 70s.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2019 5:32 AM

I am the chewed scenery.

by Anonymousreply 25November 10, 2019 6:42 AM

I'm Dr. Zira, I have come to reclaim my maxilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 10, 2019 7:00 AM

I'm the LEGS of Laura Mars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 10, 2019 7:09 AM

I'm "the little homosexual boy."

If it weren't for me, Miss Dunaway wouldn't have any following at all.

by Anonymousreply 28November 10, 2019 3:16 PM

[quote]r24 I’m her eyelids. I quickly became hooded and droopy in the mid 70s.

Well, not forever.

[italic]Nothing[/italic] on Faye's face is forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 10, 2019 4:16 PM

I’m the Loyd Webber stew piditee.

by Anonymousreply 30November 10, 2019 4:17 PM

I am that capricious man - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 10, 2019 4:19 PM

I'm the Norma who's still available for the movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 10, 2019 4:23 PM

I have the same plastic surgeon

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 10, 2019 4:25 PM

I'm Carol Ann, and I have a teensy bit to say:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34November 10, 2019 4:26 PM

R34 Her book was a hoot.

by Anonymousreply 35November 10, 2019 4:28 PM

I am The Starlet -- the short-lived reality show from 2008 in which she was a judge.

by Anonymousreply 36November 10, 2019 4:29 PM

I’m Box Office Poison

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 10, 2019 4:33 PM

How the hell has she gained 1/2" inch of space between her nose and upper lip??

HOW THE FUCK??

by Anonymousreply 38November 10, 2019 4:37 PM

I'm the veneers she got circa 2004. A wise idea, in theory, as she always some really bad teeth by any standards. But, in practice... well, I suspect I was mostly caused by her being a bitch to her dentist like I assume she was to her surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 39November 10, 2019 4:40 PM

[quote]r35 [Rutanya Alda's] book was a hoot.

There really is something seriously wrong with Our Dorothy Faye. After Alda's book came out, Dunaway put out feelers to see if Alda would talk with her as part of researching her [italic]own[/italic] MOMMIE DEAREST memoir.

Did the brain damaged star even READ it?? Why would she think Alda would help her after the way she was treatedd on that film??

by Anonymousreply 40November 10, 2019 4:44 PM

I'm Thrill dishwashing liquid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 10, 2019 4:46 PM

I'm her son, still hot, last photos we saw of him but less so now that Faye is living with him in his not huge apartment.

by Anonymousreply 42November 10, 2019 4:54 PM

She looks like an 🦍

by Anonymousreply 43November 10, 2019 4:59 PM

I'm this interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 10, 2019 5:04 PM

I'm the knobbly knees

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 10, 2019 5:25 PM

My question exactly, r38! How the hell does that happen? Can a plastic surgery expert weigh in here? I’m genuinely curious to know what she had done and where it went wrong.

by Anonymousreply 46November 10, 2019 5:30 PM

R44 Faye was so utterly insulted that the reporter dared to ask such an unladylike question about throwing a cup of urine that on the reporter’s way out, she threw a cup of urine at him.

by Anonymousreply 47November 10, 2019 5:30 PM

Fayes face has fallen and it can’t get up.

by Anonymousreply 48November 10, 2019 5:31 PM

She's either had her maxilla downgrated (unlikely), her upper lip reduced, or her nose shortened vertically. I'll go with the latter.

by Anonymousreply 49November 10, 2019 5:35 PM

*downgrafted

by Anonymousreply 50November 10, 2019 5:35 PM

OP, why are you showing us that photo of Mickey Rourke on a Faye Dunaway thread?

by Anonymousreply 51November 10, 2019 5:43 PM

I'm the time Moonlight won Best Picture.

I'm also the time a PWC representative had there face spat in.

by Anonymousreply 52November 10, 2019 5:57 PM

I'm the synthetic grey hair she pulled out of her "Tea at Five" wig with tweezers, because she thought the wig made her look too old.

by Anonymousreply 53November 10, 2019 6:42 PM

I'm the fact she was supposed to be playing an eighty year old at the time, but hey-ho.

by Anonymousreply 54November 10, 2019 6:44 PM

I'm the wonderful Marlon Brando who finds death a welcome relief after having worked with Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 55November 10, 2019 6:47 PM

I'm her disdain for Hilary Duff. Fuck that little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 56November 10, 2019 6:48 PM

I'm Hilary, who can out-bitch Faye any day of the week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57November 10, 2019 6:49 PM

I'm the 1980s hard boiled egg she ate in Japan

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 10, 2019 6:57 PM

Thomas Crown Affair chess scene. Loved how FD looked: hair, makeup, dress, nails (nude shades).

The humongous teeth veneers added to the space between her nose and her upper lip. Place your tongue over your front teeth and observe how that area stretches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59November 10, 2019 7:13 PM

I'm 'Looking for Gatsby' -- the pretentious title of her not dishy autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 60November 10, 2019 7:17 PM

I am sex on legs.

Thomas Crown is done!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 10, 2019 10:54 PM

Oral fixation, maybe?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 10, 2019 10:55 PM

We're the POSITIVE THINGS

by Anonymousreply 63November 10, 2019 10:58 PM

I AM THE FISH OF THE DAY

by Anonymousreply 64November 10, 2019 10:58 PM

[italic]I feel a little bad reprinting this, but ya know, history's history. THE WORLD MUST KNOW!

My friend once knew Dunaway casually (some time in the late 90s, maybe?), and this is some emailing we did once, when I was asking about what Dunaway was like.[/italic]

------------------

JENNY: I was friends with Faye at the gym in West Hollywood. I saw her a lot and we used to talk. She wanted me to work for her and I said no. She went thru assistants like crazy and didn't pay. She had no money and owed everyone. She is super cranky and can't stand stupid, but I still idolized her; she is FAYE after all. She has perfect skin and said it was from her Polish mother. Faye was a fallen star ... she was just trying to keep it together. She was broke, at least for her, and just trying to not go crazy … just keeping her head above water and it was like no one gave her any credit or respect. It was sad. She was a super star! And gorgeous. I liked Faye but I would never work for her and yes she is a temperamental nightmare. She was great to me, but I was like a super fan. She drove a 450 SL. Ha. She lives in West Hollywood somewhere and her son lives in NYC and she would go to see him a lot.

ME: I think her career problem is that when she was active for decades, she was very demanding and sometimes downright rude to coworkers. AND to executives. So then when her star eventually faded, practically no one (except big costars like Jack Nicholson, who were her peers) had remotely pleasant memories of working with her. So when it came down to later roles between her and Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Ellen Burstyn, most people in charge were like, "Well, NOT Miss Dunaway…we know that!!"

JENNY: Exactly. That’s what happens. That is what happened to Demi Moore and Helen C#nt. Julia Roberts. too. All a pain in the ass and mean … so people got sick of it and said never again when a new crop came of age. But Faye is better than all of them combined

ME: But she is a legend, and deserves more work. She is also very hung up on her image and can basically just play very specific kinds of women. She will NOT let that glamour go!! (Though she was excellent in BARFLY when she did.)

JENNY: Oh yes… I agree. Well .. she def can act but that isn't that important these days. Sharon Stone sorta took her place for a while. Faye could have done Basic instinct

ME: Our poor little Faye. She never married a millionaire, either, like most of her peers did, which can come in handy, later.

JENNY: Yep. Well, I'm with Faye forever. Love her and all her bitchiness

ME: I only saw her once outside her house in West Hollywood...and she was THIN. It was so strange, because I've idolized her all my life, and suddenly I realized she was aging like all of us!! A makeup man who had worked on Dunaway did my makeup for a pilot once. He gave me a few of her beauty secrets.

JENNY: Her skin is amazing. I saw her looking like hell at the gym, which I always appreciated. With a stack of newspapers and reading glasses. She is very smart. What'd he say?

ME: She puts light colored makeup on her kneecaps underneath her nylons, because that area of the leg’s darker, and you want a visually smooth, unbroken line. I asked what else she did, and he said she would put makeup base in her palm and let it set there for a bit, to let body heat warm it. Then it goes on smoother. I was practically salivating.

JENNY: Awesome. I love it.

ME: You just know she's one of those stars (like Raquel Welch) who can do their makeup BETTER than half the makeup artists they're assigned. I bet she's grabbed the blush brush from a few...Those girls are PROS.

JENNY: Oh, Raquel was in the gym too! She is very very nice but completely made up and had her wig on. For workouts! Amazing shape.. I mean amazing. Perfect figure. Raquel even had lashes on! She would wear a leotard with a belt. Ha ha. And tights

ME: Welch has aged the best of all of them. She's part Bolivian, and Latin and black skin holds up better than tissue-paper-thin white skin, over time.

JENNY: Yep. Such a lady.

by Anonymousreply 65November 10, 2019 11:37 PM

I'm the Little Homosexual Boy.

by Anonymousreply 66November 10, 2019 11:41 PM

I'm the strange sadness I feel whenever I watch one of her early masterpieces. I'm always unexpectedly surprised when I realise, almost anew every time, that she was the real deal. And then she fucked it up by being a bonkers bitch.

by Anonymousreply 67November 10, 2019 11:46 PM

I’m the loads of cash she could make if she would give in and embrace the camp and popularity of Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 68November 10, 2019 11:50 PM

[quote]r67 she was the real deal. And then she fucked it up by being a bonkers bitch.

Well, she had a good time doing it, anyway. And few female stars last at the top for more than a decade, actually. Hollywood was designed by men to replace them.

PS: don't forget that cocaine played its part.

by Anonymousreply 69November 10, 2019 11:53 PM

I'm young actress Helen Slater and I am fuckin' terrified right now.

Take the picture take the picture take the goddamn picture already please make it stop...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2019 12:01 AM

She sounds genuinely mentally ill. Bipolar? I feel a bit sorry for her. She is very talented. It doesn't sound like ego, she seems legitimately mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2019 5:37 AM

R65 What a great e-mail exchange about our Faye!

cookiela from the imdb boards is that you?

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2019 6:54 AM

I met her at the stage door for Master Class and she's was funny and nice to everyone around.

So there

by Anonymousreply 73December 3, 2019 4:49 AM

She is NOT pleased with the tone of this thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2019 5:02 AM

I am puce chiffon. Faye wanders through The Towering Inferno in me, looking vaguely goddess-y, as Pauline Kael remarks.

She thought the rest of the film was shit.

by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2019 5:10 AM

I'm her squeaky fast orgasm on top of William Holden as she talks about ratings for the Mao Tse-Tung Hour before she cuddles and talks about her idea for a homosexual soap opera.

I love that scene. It helped win her an Oscar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76December 3, 2019 5:26 AM

[quote]r75 I am puce chiffon. Faye wanders through The Towering Inferno in me, looking vaguely goddess-y, as Pauline Kael remarks. She thought the rest of the film was shit.

That costume sold in 2014 for $10,000. There were several versions made, to show distress as the "inferno" went on, so I don't know which one this really was. The label says #1, though it looks a tiny bit ratty ... maybe it just needed a good pressing?

[quote]A Faye Dunaway dress from The Towering Inferno: Twentieth Century-Fox/Warner Bros., 1974. Beige chiffon gown with a deep v-neck, ruching at the center, and panels of fabric at each shoulder that drape down the back, bearing a red-lettered Western Costume Co. label inscribed in black ink, "Faye Dunaway / No I."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 16, 2019 3:20 AM

It was also photographed on someone else (maybe for the auction catalogue?) and it doesn't quite have the same effect as when our Dorothy Faye wore it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78December 16, 2019 3:24 AM

I'm La La Land, her greatest performance.

by Anonymousreply 79December 16, 2019 3:45 AM

That's a scary photo of Faye, OP. How did she get Michael Lucas's mouth?

by Anonymousreply 80December 16, 2019 3:51 AM

I'm Lula-Faye's hometown of Bascom. A town located in the panhandle, Jackson County, Florida, United States, located 5 miles south of the Alabama border. The population was 121 at the 2010 census.

by Anonymousreply 81December 16, 2019 3:54 AM

[quote]r80 That's a scary photo of Faye, OP. How did she get Michael Lucas's mouth?

If Faye Dunaway looks bad, we as a society did that to her. We mock plastic surgery, but we also mock actresses for letting themselves go and looking their age. There's no way to win. Both routes are deemed grotesque.

Really, there's only so much you can do with an aging face. A few have miraculously managed to remain conventionally beautiful and in tune with their former selves post 60 ... but for just about everyone else, that standard is out of reach.

by Anonymousreply 82December 16, 2019 3:58 AM

I'm lime, not lemon.

by Anonymousreply 83December 16, 2019 4:03 AM

I am her beauty title as Sweetheart of Sigma Chi at University of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 84December 16, 2019 4:24 AM

"I AM NOT ONE OF YOUR FAAAANS"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85December 16, 2019 6:26 AM

VARIATION ON A CLASSIC:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86December 16, 2019 6:28 AM

I'm one of her fans.

by Anonymousreply 87December 16, 2019 11:43 AM

I'm one of the many of pairs of shoes I'm guessing she has thrown at one of her many assistants.

by Anonymousreply 88December 16, 2019 11:46 AM

I can't tell where FD ends and Madonna begins. They look like twins.

by Anonymousreply 89December 16, 2019 12:01 PM

I'm Faye, sneaking into a part that la Liz probably hoped for, and actually having a great time making it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 16, 2019 12:21 PM

She actually looks like Abby Dalton ("Falcon Crest") in that first photo. I don't think Abby had the plastic surgery that her Faye-Ness has had, but Abby is still a decade older than La Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 91December 16, 2019 12:23 PM

I'm her backstage dressing room, from college theatrics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 16, 2019 2:57 PM

She really looks like she was born with Down's Syndrome in OP's pic.

by Anonymousreply 93December 16, 2019 3:42 PM

Your BUTT looks like it was born with Droopy Down Syndrome, R93!

EVERYONE says so!

by Anonymousreply 94December 16, 2019 5:58 PM

I'm The Eldorado, and look what she did to me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 16, 2019 6:03 PM

I was molested.

by Anonymousreply 96December 16, 2019 6:28 PM

I'm the stray hair that Polanski forcibly plucked from Faye's head because he thought I was catching the light and spoiling his shot.

by Anonymousreply 97December 16, 2019 7:08 PM

I'm Faye in "The Temp", wondering who stole and sold the recipe for my chewy chocolate crunch cookie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98December 16, 2019 7:18 PM

Faye in "The Temp" is basically a retread of Joan in "The Best of Everything".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99December 16, 2019 7:20 PM

She certainly was the real deal- and as campy as Mommy Dearest is- she's terrific in it. Something is definitely wrong with her- she has had substance abuse (alcohol mostly) issues as well. It's kind of sad-

I approached her once in NYC having spotted her sitting down in a coffee shop. No one was bothering her at all, perhaps they did not recognized her (this was about 6 years ago). I asked her if she was Faye, the actress. She nodded and sad yes, pleasant expression. I said, "you are one of the great ones" and I've enjoyed your films or work- something like that. She thanked me, shook my hand. Pleasant, calm- I think I said something like enjoy your coffee and let her be. So- she's not always a monster. My guess is she has borderline personality disorder. In any case, she was a great film star, really of another era (earlier than her time.)

by Anonymousreply 100December 16, 2019 7:44 PM

I just love this crazy ole dame

by Anonymousreply 101December 16, 2019 7:54 PM

I’m the stacks of disheveled newspapers she hoards by the pool.

by Anonymousreply 102December 16, 2019 8:03 PM

I saw Mommie Dearest at the Criterion Center in NYC during its original run in 1981. It was so well attended, my friends and I had to stand in line to buy a ticket. The crowd was so eager to see this film and everyone was gossiping about Joan.

Right ahead of me in line were two Olde Queens, roughly the same age I am now, some 38 years later. They were almost giddy with excitement to see Mommie Dearest on the silver screen. When they got to the Box Office and the first one asked for 'One Adult,' the cashier replied, "Five dollars." The two guys squealed. "Five dollars??? Joan Crawford, herself, never cost FIVE DOLLARS!"

They were so cute that I've never forgotten them or their joy in seeing this trashy book made into a trashy movie. Little did we know just how trashy it was going to be.

by Anonymousreply 103December 16, 2019 8:06 PM

I'm the glass that Bette Davis never raised to Miss Faye Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 104December 16, 2019 8:16 PM

I’m the lettuce she throws on the floor and tomatoes she throws at assistants.

by Anonymousreply 105December 16, 2019 9:33 PM

The Network sex scene is hilarious!

by Anonymousreply 106December 16, 2019 9:40 PM

[quote]r105 I’m the lettuce she throws on the floor and tomatoes she throws at assistants.

[italic]Please, [/italic]Barbara...PLEASE!

I'm the chain she nervously wraps and unwraps around her wedding ring finger at the end of THOMAS CROWN, wondering what this scene will mean for her romance.

I am symbolic, I am ̶s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶. in tribute to legendary stage star Eleonora Duse, and I am an ACTING CHOICE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 16, 2019 9:42 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!