Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Part 2 of the Mary & George thread

The last one filled up

Continue discussing the show

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2024 12:46 AM

Bambi giving off Prince Caspian vibes. Though Benjy was not bewigged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2024 4:58 AM

Bewigged bothered and bewildered

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2024 5:01 AM

Wigger Bambi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2024 5:07 AM

Barnes looked wigged out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2024 5:19 AM

Perhaps extentions. Benjy's hair for Dorian filmed shortly after.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2024 5:24 AM

Austy learned a few tricks from Bambi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2024 5:28 AM

Watching the third episode

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2024 5:59 PM

Posted on the first thread:

Just finished Mary and George. It is a wonderful engrossing titillating piece. Found the performances to be strong. Tony Curran especially. The one quibble I have is Nicholas Galatzine. He is stunning to look at in his period finery I could readily accept why women and men would be seduced by him. Galitzine fills the bill.However to rise to be the most powerful man in England requires a bit more. What George Villers character requires is a beautiful mask disguising boundless ambition and guile. Galitzine doesn't do guile. What this role needed was a male Natalie Dormer. Galatzine just doesn't have that range(yet). At the end his George appears just as passive and malleable as he did at the beginning. I never believed him as the most ruthless feared man in the realm. A pretty boy he remains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2024 6:02 PM

Natalie Dormer is more butch than Bambi

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2024 6:05 PM

Galiitzine needs the Big Dick Energy Natalie Dormer has.

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2024 6:47 PM

R10 Nat's clit is 3x's the size of Bambi's cocklett. He's a well known micro peen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2024 8:05 PM

Natural bottom .Gurl packing nada.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2024 8:49 PM

Austin knows how to start her up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 21, 2024 4:16 AM

She seems a bit of a Diva.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2024 3:09 AM

Oy vey! You have no idea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2024 3:14 AM

Did anyone see the newest episode?

by Anonymousreply 16April 27, 2024 4:06 AM

Obvious to Helen Keller, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 27, 2024 4:40 AM

Nicholas is just 'Theatrical'.

by Anonymousreply 18April 27, 2024 4:47 AM

No one wants to talk about the actual show? Can you save the stuff about Nicholas himself for the other threads?

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2024 4:49 AM

Austin is just "Musical"

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2024 5:04 AM

[quote]No one wants to talk about the actual show?

Starz is on episode four now, I think? Hate that we lost Somerset so soon. I really enjoyed Laurie Davidson in this. But it gave way to a greater focus on the reality of King James' and George's life together. James doesn't fundamentally trust him, George doesn't really love him and is just finding this a politically advantageous relationship, yet there is still care there.

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2024 6:04 AM

I agree they could’ve dragged out Somerset a bit more, Julianne Moore really a great performance, and oh, that skin!

I worked with an Irish aesthetician in Boston’s South End that had a similar clear complexion so taut you could bounce a quarter off of, one that defies the diet, pollution, aging and stress of the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2024 9:40 AM

I suppose it's to be expected that Galitzine is getting a lot of attention for the show, but Tony Curran is sublime. When he confronted George about sleeping around and his tale of his true love - perfection.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2024 4:48 PM

Curran is definitely the MVP of the show

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2024 5:28 PM

Though the sex is titillating for sure I find the series to be laughably bad. The dialogue is unintentionally camp.

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2024 5:43 PM

R23 Agree. Curran may snag an Emmy nom. Galitzine is batting way above his league.

by Anonymousreply 26April 28, 2024 12:35 AM

Think there was a good reason Julianne Moore opted out of doing any promotion in the states.

by Anonymousreply 27April 28, 2024 12:46 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!