Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Warner Bros. unveils new shield logo, which looks like ass

When WB was purchased by AT&T, they had the logo updated and the design firm which created it did a feature on their website showing how they designed it. It was based off the Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Spiral, with the familiar elements streamlined into more harmonious proportions. They also created an entire new font for the masthead too.

Today David Zaslav replaced it with something that appears to have been created with Microsoft Paint.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2024 2:01 PM

Hideous. Some Gen Z wanted to “make it better”, why is it that everything they do looks so soulless?

by Anonymousreply 1April 19, 2024 4:13 AM

This was the logo from the Bob Daly era (1980-99) when Warner Bros. still released prestige pictures (BP nominees/winners included The Right Stuff, The Color Purple, Dangerous Liaisons, Goodfellas and LA Confidential.) so I have good memories when I see this version.

The logo changed to an animated version around 1998 and then AOL bought it and everything went ass up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2April 19, 2024 4:32 AM

It was changed last year not just now…..

by Anonymousreply 3April 19, 2024 4:34 AM

Past comparisons

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 19, 2024 4:39 AM

That vid was useless

by Anonymousreply 5April 19, 2024 4:47 AM

Yeah it was.

by Anonymousreply 6April 19, 2024 5:21 AM

Where’s the announcement from WB with this last change?

by Anonymousreply 7April 19, 2024 6:31 AM

Looks the same.

by Anonymousreply 8April 19, 2024 6:57 AM

Gen Z is so stupid and I hate them!

by Anonymousreply 9April 19, 2024 7:23 AM

I'm a graphic designer and apart from slight tweaks - the old and new logos look 98% the same to me. The new version has just been slightly modernized and brightened.

by Anonymousreply 10April 19, 2024 7:46 AM

Some consulting firm was paid ten million to develop the new logo.

by Anonymousreply 11April 19, 2024 8:39 AM

It looks fine OP all that is different is that some shadows are more defined to provide dimension.

by Anonymousreply 12April 19, 2024 8:50 AM

You need to get out more, OP. I can’t see any difference.

by Anonymousreply 13April 19, 2024 8:58 AM

The newer one is brighter BUT it looks more artificial and computer generated which it is. A really talented 3D artist could have fixed that but this just looks like they highered some graphic artist in India off Fiverr. I am sure they payed 10's of thousands of dollars to some high-end branding / advertising firm. Wouldn't surprise me if they took the money and jobbed it out. There is no passion or character in that update.

by Anonymousreply 14April 19, 2024 9:20 AM

"Highered?"

by Anonymousreply 15April 19, 2024 10:08 AM

I liked it when the Columbia Pictures logo lady began to boogie at the onset of ‘Thank God It’s Friday’(1978).

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2024 10:21 AM

That lady has a name. Her name is Columbia.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2024 10:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2024 10:32 AM

[quote] I liked it when the Columbia Pictures logo lady began to boogie at the onset of ‘Thank God It’s Friday’(1978).

The Mouse that Roared version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2024 10:40 AM

R10 then you absolutely suck at being a graphic designer

the Daly era logo combined elements of a square and a circle. the studio name on the crossbar is highly legible and the shield, depending on aspect ratio, covers between 40 to 60 percent of the cloud field. the gold of the shield is closer to orange than yellow; blue and orange are complementary colors commonly used for logos (NY Mets, NY Knicks, Chicago Bears)

the Zaslav logo reduces the size of the shield to only 20 to 30 percent covering the cloud field. The curve of the crossbar has been eliminated and the legibility of the studio names has been reduced. The gold of the shield now favors yellow; yellow’s complement is violet, not blue. Blue-violet and yellow-orange are common in logos (United Airlines, LA Rams) but yellow and blue are very rarely used for logos with the exception of big box stores (IKEA, Best Buy) since those are meant to grab attention on highways.

I studied art but we used to share space with the graphic designers and I listened to their critiques. What I wrote wasn’t even one quarter as anal as what they used to go through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 19, 2024 10:43 AM

Anyway the Zaslav logo replaces the AT&T logo which is the one based on the Golden Ratio and was very beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 19, 2024 10:49 AM

R20, that shows nothing.

by Anonymousreply 22April 19, 2024 1:34 PM

OP, where’s the link to this fabricated story of yours?

by Anonymousreply 23April 19, 2024 1:34 PM

[quote]Some consulting firm was paid ten million to develop the new logo.

“new”

by Anonymousreply 24April 19, 2024 1:59 PM

There was no new logo put out yesterday, Op.

by Anonymousreply 25April 19, 2024 2:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!