Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please enjoy this moment of zen from The People v. Trump

MERCHAN: You have the right to be present during the trial and to assist your attorneys….do you understand?

TRUMP: “Yes."

MERCHAN: If you disrupt the proceedings, you can be excluded from the courtroom and committed to jail based on your conduct and the trial will continue on in your absence…do you understand?

TRUMP: “I do.”

MERCHAN: If you do not show up there will be an arrest...do you understand?

TRUMP: "I do."

by Anonymousreply 369May 3, 2024 11:35 AM

So enjoyed.

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2024 4:34 PM

That woke him up from a nap, I bet. Piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 2April 15, 2024 4:34 PM

The DA's team tells Judge Merchan that they "will be seeking an order to show cause why Defendant should not be held in contempt” for violating the gag order. Donald Trump has been posting on Truth Social about expected witnesses in the case.

by Anonymousreply 3April 15, 2024 4:38 PM

He violated the gag order from inside the courtroom today, it's crazy that he's even allowed to be on a phone, let alone truth through the proceedings.

by Anonymousreply 4April 15, 2024 4:41 PM

[quote]Donald Trump has been posting on Truth Social about expected witnesses in the case.

THROW HIS ASS IN JAIL.

SO fucking tired of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 5April 15, 2024 4:42 PM

Manhattan DA’s office asks court to impose a $1k sanction for each of 3 prior posts, order him to take them down, and warn him that further violations will result in jail time. DA notes a 9:12 am post today, potentially made inside the courthouse, also violates the order.

by Anonymousreply 6April 15, 2024 4:43 PM

Trump's lawyers complain about the judge's order that they get permission before filing any more pre-trial motions.

Justice Merchan explains why he did that.

"We were being absolutely inundated with motions, many of which, frankly, were close to frivolous if not frivolous."

by Anonymousreply 7April 15, 2024 4:45 PM

He wants to be present at ALL the conferences, including side bars, to intimidate the jurors... except when it's inconvenient for him. Like for Barron's graduation.

[quote]Merchan said he was not prepared to rule on a request from Trump’s lawyers that the trial not be held on 17 May so that he can attend his son Barron’s high school graduation. A Trump lawyer also requested the trial not be held on 3 June so that he could attend his own son’s graduation.

He's graduating twice?

by Anonymousreply 8April 15, 2024 4:46 PM

Trump, you psycho old bitch, when you are under indictment and gag order you don't get to tweet/post that type of shit. Because of your own actions, you moron.

DEAL WITH IT!

by Anonymousreply 9April 15, 2024 4:46 PM

*Oh, never mind, that's the lawyer's kid, my bad.

by Anonymousreply 10April 15, 2024 4:47 PM

He will say that, then go ahead and tweet anyway. And he will avoid any consequences once again because someone up the chain will get him off. It's Lucy and the football every time with this guy and people just keep getting their hopes up.

by Anonymousreply 11April 15, 2024 4:48 PM

I refuse to concede he is above the law. And so should every thinking person, r11.

by Anonymousreply 12April 15, 2024 4:49 PM

Some people don't mind getting their hopes up time after time, R12. Others are more the "I'll believe it when I see it" type. Whatever. Enjoy the "zen", I guess.

by Anonymousreply 13April 15, 2024 4:51 PM

[quote]"Trump appears to be sleeping. His head keeps dropping down and his mouth goes slack"

All the stamina. Surprised Procopius herself is being this bitchy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 15, 2024 4:52 PM

I am hard pressed to remember a time when his mouth did NOT go slack.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2024 5:02 PM

Dump is NODDING IN COURT FROM THE PILLS HE TOOK! Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 16April 15, 2024 5:11 PM

Oh, ghod, I hope he fucks around and finds out.

by Anonymousreply 17April 15, 2024 5:17 PM

This is the best daytime entertainment I've had since the OJ trial.

by Anonymousreply 18April 15, 2024 5:22 PM

That poodle needs to tell her client to shut up

by Anonymousreply 19April 15, 2024 5:23 PM

Time for donald's Secret Service detail to start packing a toothbrush and change of underwear.

by Anonymousreply 20April 15, 2024 5:24 PM

2 trailer loads of Depends were delivered to the court house earlier today, in case the defendant has any "accidents."

by Anonymousreply 21April 15, 2024 5:27 PM

His whole life was an accident

by Anonymousreply 22April 15, 2024 5:32 PM

[quote]Trump appears to be sleeping.

He never could stay up for very long.

by Anonymousreply 23April 15, 2024 5:49 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 15, 2024 5:56 PM

Forgot to take his uppers this morning.

by Anonymousreply 25April 15, 2024 7:45 PM

They say it will take one to two weeks for jury selection.

by Anonymousreply 26April 15, 2024 7:52 PM

I hope the boredom kills him, r26.

by Anonymousreply 27April 15, 2024 8:39 PM

I'd like to speak on behalf of Mr. Trump....... Oh, just fuck that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 15, 2024 9:07 PM

But if you're mean to him- that's election interference!

by Anonymousreply 29April 15, 2024 9:13 PM

Then there’s this asshole:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 15, 2024 9:21 PM

Sorry. R3, your link doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 31April 15, 2024 9:32 PM

^^^Why do you follow Dump supporters?

by Anonymousreply 32April 15, 2024 9:33 PM

This is the BEST DAY EVER!!!

by Anonymousreply 33April 15, 2024 10:24 PM

Cohen was sentenced to 3 years in relation to this scandal:

"His then-lawyer Michael Cohen — Trump has since called him a “rat” — said the former president directed him to make the payment that Trump then reimbursed, disguised as legal fees. Cohen pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations in relation to the Daniels money and served more than a year in prison on a three-year sentence."

by Anonymousreply 34April 15, 2024 10:27 PM

Trump's Courtroom Sharts is the name of my new punk band! 💩🤮🤪

by Anonymousreply 35April 15, 2024 10:30 PM

What is so fucking irritating is that they are jumping through their own hoops to seem 'fair' to this orange pig who tried to take over the PRESIDENCY with his tin foil hatted goon squad.

1K per tweet? Fuck that! He'll go whine to his gaggle of sheep and they'll give him their WIC money. Hike it up to 15K and highe and he might be bothered. Just thrown him in prison for a week! They have got to stop babying him.

by Anonymousreply 36April 15, 2024 10:51 PM

Please let the courtroom fill with the smell of shit.

by Anonymousreply 37April 15, 2024 11:04 PM

I have a dream. I dream that one day most people will be exhausted and not give a fuck about Trump and his circus. I dream that people will turn their backs on these network TV news shows, and all their hype, and demonstrate through lower ratings that the media needs to start doing a better job. I dream that their advertisers will exhert pressure on them to do better too.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2024 11:15 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2024 11:18 PM

R32, I find it interesting looking/listening to TFG followers. They seem so poorly researched and are only interested in living in a silo of disinformation. I'm not Greg and don't live in America.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2024 11:22 PM

R37 How can it not? I can’t imagine Trump going into a public men’s room stall carrying a fresh diaper, and then come out carrying his soiled diaper and throwing it in the trash (or worse yet, leaving it in the stall for someone else to deal with). He probably sits in the courtroom all day and pisses and shits in his diaper until he’s taken home. He’d probably hurl shit like a monkey at the DA and judge if he wouldn’t be jailed for contempt of court.

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2024 11:26 PM

R40, what do I have to do with any of this?

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2024 11:32 PM

And on Saturday:

Donald Trump’s attempt to explain the Battle of Gettysburg took some strange verbal detours ― and his critics were quick to call him out over it.

“Gettysburg, what an unbelievable battle that was. The Battle of Gettysburg,” the former president said at a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday. “What an unbelievable ― I mean, it was so much and so interesting, and so vicious and horrible, and so beautiful in so many different ways.”

Trump continued:

“Gettysburg. Wow. I go to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, to look and to watch. And the statement of Robert E. Lee ― who’s no longer in favor, did you ever notice that? No longer in favor ― ‘Never fight uphill, me boys, never fight uphill.’ They were fighting uphill. He said, ‘Wow, that was a big mistake.’ He lost his great general, and they were fighting. ‘Never fight uphill, me boys!’ But it was too late.”

THIS MOTHER FUCKER IS BEYOND INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2024 11:45 PM

<- Methinks the teleprompter failed and like a true trouper he ad-libbed it (badly).

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2024 11:55 PM

She knows.

She’s an underrated monster. He’s so out in front so you notice it more, but she is awful.

If Baron isn’t slimy criminal, it will be a miracle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 16, 2024 12:13 AM

He can't read. He doesn't use a teleprompter

by Anonymousreply 46April 16, 2024 12:14 AM

They probably made him skip his Adderall so he wouldn't have an outburst

by Anonymousreply 47April 16, 2024 12:14 AM

They’re way too hard on him. He says what I want to hear, so he should be let off scot-free.

by Anonymousreply 48April 16, 2024 12:20 AM

Melania is starting to look like Joan Rivers.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2024 12:26 AM

R42, something R32 said.

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2024 12:31 AM

Pundits say sending someone with Secret Service protection to jail is not possible and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 51April 16, 2024 4:07 AM

The man who called Biden," Sleepy Joe."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 16, 2024 4:10 AM

He'll never forgive Maggie for writing that he fell asleep, it's shit like this that really gets to him. There are reports he was glaring at her when the court returned from lunch break.

by Anonymousreply 53April 16, 2024 4:27 AM

More zen .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 16, 2024 4:55 AM

Haberman: Trump appeared to be asleep. His head would fall down… He didn’t pay attention to a note his lawyer passed him. His jaw kept falling on his chest and his mouth kept going slack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55April 16, 2024 7:39 AM

[quote]He'll never forgive Maggie for writing that he fell asleep, it's shit like this that really gets to him.

Indeed, anything which portrays him as less than the ubermensch he laughably thinks himself to be. Tiny hands, inability to walk down a slope, the sneer of sleepiness at Joe returned with interest.

The journalist reported what she saw, and the eternal playground bully couldn't handle it. This is the person who seriously believes he should again be commander-in-chief.

by Anonymousreply 56April 16, 2024 7:47 AM

Well if pundits say something then it must be true.

by Anonymousreply 57April 16, 2024 9:52 AM

Excuse me?

by Anonymousreply 58April 16, 2024 10:12 AM

I pray he will just go to sleep during the trial and not wake up. There's no telling what kind of dope he gets hopped up on before trial every day.

by Anonymousreply 59April 16, 2024 10:20 AM

[quote]Well if pundits say something then it must be true.

Well she did say he "appeared to be asleep," so she would be telling the truth if that's how he appeared to be to her.

by Anonymousreply 60April 16, 2024 10:21 AM

I'm hoping for the punishment of them taking away his social media. He would go out like Elvis the day he was told he wasn't allowed to degrade anyone in a tweet or rage in CAPSLOCK on Truth Spectacle. Fat, orange Smelvis loves being a keyboard warrior more than just about anything nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 61April 16, 2024 10:24 AM

Can't Donnie Jr. slip him some nose candy?

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2024 10:34 AM

[quote]The journalist reported what she saw, and the eternal playground bully couldn't handle it. This is the person who seriously believes he should again be commander-in-chief.

The problem is the hefty chunk of Americans who also seriously believe that.

by Anonymousreply 63April 16, 2024 10:40 AM

She's not the only one to report he dozed off. Also, the reporters who are allowed into the courtroom are actual journalists, not "pundits".

by Anonymousreply 64April 16, 2024 10:49 AM

[quote]The problem is the hefty chunk of Americans who also seriously believe that.

Correct. Nearly half of all voting Americans. 80% of Republican voters still believe the last election was stolen.

by Anonymousreply 65April 16, 2024 11:03 AM

I was replying to R51. Apologies if that was unclear.

by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2024 11:15 AM

(Do you all have R51 blocked?)

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2024 11:17 AM

That was clear to me, ElderLez, as only one poster referenced “pundits” specifically. (And you’re not one to waste keystrokes defending the Orange One.) But yes, it’s possible R51 is a Boris blocked by many on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 68April 16, 2024 11:35 AM

I’m r51 and I’m OP.

The pundits (MSNBC legal analysts) are probably correct, You tell me how you imagine a man with dozens of Secret Service agents protecting him as both a former President and a Republican nominee is going to do time at Rikers Island? How would that work?

by Anonymousreply 69April 16, 2024 12:10 PM

“No one knows for certain how this would be handled logistically, although it is more than likely that Mr. Trump would be incarcerated in a private prison facility separate from other convicts,” Moss said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 16, 2024 12:20 PM

Fuck the chump

by Anonymousreply 71April 16, 2024 12:21 PM

Do you imagine Judge Marchan has a private prison facility standing by?

by Anonymousreply 72April 16, 2024 12:26 PM

[quote]‘Never fight uphill, me boys!’

Why does he think Robert E. Lee talked like a leprechaun?

by Anonymousreply 73April 16, 2024 12:26 PM

If he is convicted and sentenced to prison, they have time to work something out, probably some form of house arrest. But contempt of court requires a jail immediately. The judge’s hands are probably tied.

by Anonymousreply 74April 16, 2024 12:30 PM

@r72, Yes, I would imagine that a city the size of New York could accommodate a prisoner like Trump in some sort of facility where the secret service could still do their job

by Anonymousreply 75April 16, 2024 12:42 PM

Is the Jeffrey Epstein suite still available?

by Anonymousreply 76April 16, 2024 12:46 PM

^ Trump should already be familiar with that one

by Anonymousreply 77April 16, 2024 12:48 PM

Gimme a minute to clean it, r76.

by Anonymousreply 78April 16, 2024 12:48 PM

The issue is not just about a physical space. There are unprecedented logistical and legal complexities involving local, state and federal agencies that have not been negotiated.

by Anonymousreply 79April 16, 2024 12:58 PM

Supermax or Gitmo.

LOCK HIM UP!

by Anonymousreply 80April 16, 2024 1:07 PM

If he were found guilty, and sentenced to Rikers, they'd probably assign a couple of SS guys to some kind of office at the Prison to "observe". That way they would still have a presence without interfering in the operation of the prison. My guess is that if he is found guilty he will not go to jail. He will be placed under House arrest and have all his devices confiscated. If he's under house arrest it should be structured. That means limited visitors, no phone or computer, no internet access. And he'd be confined to his house and it's grounds. He couldn't travel to New Jersey in summer and Florida in the Winter. He'd be confined to one place, myt guess would be NYC, or New Jersey. So the parade of GOP cronies and hedge fund guys would be limited to visiting day, and they'd have to be frisked and sign a roster. Everyone would know who he talks to and who gives him money.

by Anonymousreply 81April 16, 2024 1:39 PM

There’s no way the Secret Service could protect him from an office in a prison. People are attacked and killed in prisons all the time. Rikers in particular is a cesspool.

Maybe they could work something out at a “Club Fed” type minimum security facility, but even that would be difficult.

by Anonymousreply 82April 16, 2024 1:44 PM

Dozin' Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2024 1:47 PM

Rikers has many buildings and because of bail and other reforms many of them are empty, including the solitary confinement areas. He could be by himself in the solitary confinement wing with his secret service agents.

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2024 1:51 PM

But clearly arrangements satisfactory to the Secret Service would need to be worked out, so the point that Marchon can’t just put him in jail for contempt is valid

by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2024 1:54 PM

Please, dear God, can this be the trial where they end up wheeling him out strapped to a chair like hannibal Lecter?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 16, 2024 1:56 PM

How long do you think it would take for them to figure it out given that the judge has already put them on notice to start making contingency plans?

by Anonymousreply 87April 16, 2024 1:57 PM

I don’t think the judge has any authority over the Secret Service. Officials in Washington at Homeland Security would have to have ordered them to work something out with state and city officials. I doubt that has happened because being jailed for contempt of court is uncommon. Maybe they’ve done some preliminary work for a conviction, but most observers think a jail sentence for a first conviction on falsifying business records is highly unlikely, so they may not have.

by Anonymousreply 88April 16, 2024 2:06 PM

Nodding-off is a sign of a weak heart. His arteries are clogged, and he gets no exercise. He won't die, but he'll become more and more physically infirm. He's in a race against time. And Father Time is undefeated.

by Anonymousreply 89April 16, 2024 2:09 PM

“What do you mean there’s no turndown service for my cell? Mint on my pillow? This is outrage brought Joe Biden and The DEMONcrats. If I don’t win in November, it’s rigged.” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 90April 16, 2024 2:10 PM

R89, that's why the in fighting that is going on right now is for who will be on the ticket as his VP choice. A lot of people are waiting to see how these trials play out, and others are skeptical of whether he can win and what it would do to them if they were on the ticket in terms of their future without Trump. But it is obvious that if he should get elected, his VP would run the show.

by Anonymousreply 91April 16, 2024 2:14 PM

He’s lying when he and his MAGA echo chamber say the judge prohibited him from going to Baron’s graduation. The judge said it shouldn’t be a problem, but he’ll decide later when he sees how the trail schedule is going.

What are the odds that Trump has ever attended a child’s high school graduation?

by Anonymousreply 92April 16, 2024 2:20 PM

[quote] But it is obvious that if he should get elected, his VP would run the show.

Hah!

by Anonymousreply 93April 16, 2024 2:29 PM

[quote]I pray he will just go to sleep during the trial and not wake up.

When he doesn't wake up it will for sure be a global stop-all-the-clocks moment, grief in this case not predominant.

But it just occurred to me that sometimes The Reaper is witty, and gathers two or three big names at the same time. Trump could be Trumped by someone bigly huge and beloved - fate by comparison underlining just how fully disgraceful was his earthly span.

by Anonymousreply 94April 16, 2024 2:50 PM

@r89, "Nodding-off is a sign of a weak heart. His arteries are clogged, and he gets no exercise"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95April 16, 2024 3:04 PM

He believes exercise shortens your life because you gave a limited number of heartbeats.

by Anonymousreply 96April 16, 2024 3:06 PM

[quote]What are the odds that Trump has ever attended a child’s high school graduation?

What are the odds Trump even knows the name of the school? Things are bad enough for poor Barron; now he's used as a pawn of his father's lies. Of course, dad isn't quite as bad as Peter Fonda ( at least in public).

[quote] Peter Fonda apologized Wednesday for a late-night Twitter rant in which he suggested 12-year-old Barron Trump should be ripped from “his mother’s arms and put in a cage with pedophiles.”

by Anonymousreply 97April 16, 2024 4:29 PM

Jeez! I have no love for Trump's older spawn that are neck deep in his shady dealings, but Barron's was just a little kid at that point!

by Anonymousreply 98April 16, 2024 5:04 PM

So delicious it must be fattening!

by Anonymousreply 99April 16, 2024 5:45 PM

Several reporters in attendance at former President Donald Trump’s hush money trial shared on the air and social media that for the second day in a row, Trump fell asleep in court. CNN contributor Norm Eisen tweeted on Tuesday: “Trump is asleep again” at nearly 11:00 AM. And his account was corroborated by others on site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2024 5:49 PM

There is no precedent here. No president has ever faced a criminal trial. If convicted I would assume he would get house arrest. The best outcome of this is if he was a convicted felon he cannot run for president,

by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2024 6:05 PM

@r97, Peter Fonda has been dead for five years. Take your "both sides", roll it really tight and cram it up your ass

God, I can't wait for the day that I can say, "Donald Trump has been dead for five years" 🥳

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2024 6:13 PM

Fell asleep again? What a low energy, fat, piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2024 6:17 PM

he won't go to jail no matter what he does. if he spat in the judges face they'd just say they're strongly considering taking action or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2024 6:23 PM

Colbert said pirate, R73 🤣😂

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2024 6:27 PM

R103 They say jurors frown on that since they're expected to stay awake.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2024 6:37 PM

Was busy exercising my fatness away, so couldn't follow the live updates like yesterday. But I took one look at the stream, saw that Trump's lawyer guffawed at that Mexican juror (now American citizen) and almost lost my lunch. This is way too frustrating for me, I'll tune back in again once voir dire is over.

In other amusing news, Trump has changed his mind about attending side bars after just one day. Guess he didn't know he'd have to keep quiet at all times and not actually address the prospective jurors like he imagined he would.

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2024 6:51 PM

Of course, r107. That orange slob thought HE was going to interview prospective jurors. Now that he realizes he will have to keep his face anus closed, he wants no part of it.

And he DOES look like total shit. Where’s the terra-cotta coloring? The defiant yelling? He’s still playing his air accordion, but now he just looks like a pathetic, washed up old has been.

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2024 6:57 PM

Is Susan Collins concerned yet?

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2024 7:00 PM

I can't believe he allowed himself to doze off again. You know he was fighting it like hell as well because he HATED those reports yesterday. Still, he lost the fight. Very entertaining and honestly kinda relatable.

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote]@[R97], Peter Fonda has been dead for five years. Take your "both sides", roll it really tight and cram it up your ass

So I guess you're in support of a grown man saying that a 12 yr old boy should be shoved into a cage of pedophiles. That's a shame; says a lot about your character.

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2024 7:06 PM

Is that not just black humour, though? Albeit taken a bit too far.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2024 7:15 PM

Are you daft R111? Dead people don’t say anything. That’s the point. You were more likely to have made the comment than Peter Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2024 7:21 PM

Bad Defendant

[quote] NEW: Not even 2 days in, Judge Merchan calls out Trump’s conduct, telling Todd Blanche “while the juror was about 12 feet from client, your client was audibly saying something in her direction….I will not have any juror intimidated in this courtroom.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2024 7:35 PM

As usual, practically nobody showed up to protest. That's got to gall him. Just a day or so ago he posted "ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE!" And again, today, multiple reporters in the courtroom are saying he fell asleep in the courtroom. Probably the best thing he can do, from his attorneys' standpoint. Better that than him being disruptive and snarling and getting slapped down by the judge.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2024 7:36 PM

And Justice Merchan is now scolding Blanche because Trump was muttering. “I won’t tolerate that,” Merchan says, raising his voice. “I will not have any jurors intimidated in this courtroom.” He asks Blanche to speak to Trump, and Blanche quietly responds, "Yes, your honor." He then gives Trump the requested talking-to, and Trump looks furious.

Trump smirks as Joshua Steinglass, the prosecutor, argues that the Facebook posts don’t prove bias

😎🤘

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2024 7:42 PM

[quote]your client was audibly saying something in her direction

"My beautiful MAGAdonian, you are my only hope."

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2024 7:42 PM

Six jurors seated already. Not bad, thought it would take longer. Hopefully no stealth deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2024 7:49 PM

Existing in his own bubble of adulation, this jury selection process must be particularly harrowing for Trump as he has to endure being in such close, personal proximity with so many who loathe him.

by Anonymousreply 119April 16, 2024 7:54 PM

Arguments likely to start on Monday, the court will not be meeting on Wednesdays for the duration of the trial. So you can plan your life accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 120April 16, 2024 7:58 PM

I think sleeping in a court room should increase your penalties because it’s quite clear you aren’t taking it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 121April 16, 2024 8:02 PM

Mark Hamill joins

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 16, 2024 8:04 PM

He high on Xanax

by Anonymousreply 123April 16, 2024 8:05 PM

🎵 I gotta stay high all the time

by Anonymousreply 124April 16, 2024 8:06 PM

r121 In this case, the judge likely prefers him napping, rather than molesting the jurors and just in general making a ruckus.

by Anonymousreply 125April 16, 2024 8:08 PM

[quote]Are you daft [R111]? Dead people don’t say anything. That’s the point. You were more likely to have made the comment than Peter Fonda.

So, he didn't say it? It as said in the past ( when he was alive) and Barron was 12. Barron is no longer 12. What don't you understand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 16, 2024 8:45 PM

OWW, r126! Stop hitting me!

by Anonymousreply 127April 16, 2024 9:04 PM

If the dems ever get a big enough majority in both houses of Congress they need to pass a law that says any former POTUS who is convicted of a federal crime will lose all benefits, including secret service protection.

by Anonymousreply 128April 16, 2024 9:05 PM

@r126, You really don't get this, do you? The man who said the bad thing AND THEN APOLOGIZED is dead five years. What outcome are you looking for? Are you trying to sully Peter Fonda's reputation? Guess what? He's dead and doesn't give a shit

You are an absolute idiot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129April 16, 2024 9:18 PM

R128 I completely agree.

by Anonymousreply 130April 16, 2024 9:21 PM

If only, R128, but with so many small red states having a fraction of the population of California, there’s no foreseeable future in which the Democrats will have a sufficiently large Senate majority.

by Anonymousreply 131April 16, 2024 9:30 PM

We don’t have to live under this Constitution forever. When it was written, the largest state had 400,000 people and the smallest 60,000 a factor of 6.7. Today California has 39 million vs. Wyoming’s 1/2 million, a factor of 78. Equal representation in the Senate can no longer can be justified and must be changed. However, that is the one part of the Constitution that can’t be amended.

So we need a new Republic. I’d call it the Fourth. Articles of Confederation, original Constitution and Reconstruction Constitution being the first three.

by Anonymousreply 132April 16, 2024 9:54 PM

Los Angeles resident trying to figure out how to register in Arizona or Nevada…

by Anonymousreply 133April 16, 2024 10:54 PM

Diaper Donnie falling asweep in court-so much WINNING!!!

by Anonymousreply 134April 16, 2024 11:13 PM

The Senate will have a simple majority if we can win it, and pass a rule that gets rid of the super majority and the fucking filibuster. Period. Then we can vote to expand the SCOTUS, and allow Biden/HArris to appoint more judges. We need enough to cover every circuit. And we need the Chief to either initiate a real investigation of Thomas or step down.

by Anonymousreply 135April 16, 2024 11:23 PM

And there will be no loud snoring by you during the court procedures. Do you understand?

I do.

by Anonymousreply 136April 16, 2024 11:38 PM

All that shoe leather and ketchup make him so energetic!

by Anonymousreply 137April 16, 2024 11:42 PM

[quote] The Senate will have a simple majority if we can win it, and pass a rule that gets rid of the super majority and the fucking filibuster. Period. Then we can vote to expand the SCOTUS, and allow Biden/HArris to appoint more judges. We need enough to cover every circuit. And we need the Chief to either initiate a real investigation of Thomas or step down.

Very unlikely the general filibuster will be repealed. Even more unlikely that - even if the filibuster was repealed - an institutionalist like Biden would agree to expand the Court. In fact, he has pointedly refused to endorse that idea. Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 138April 16, 2024 11:46 PM

Face it, Merchan - Blanche is limited.

by Anonymousreply 139April 16, 2024 11:53 PM

Trump's not used to getting up so early.. He likes to stay up half the night posting rants on social media.

by Anonymousreply 140April 17, 2024 12:27 AM

Is there a Koala diaper changing station in the courthouse?

by Anonymousreply 141April 17, 2024 12:28 AM

heeheeee

by Anonymousreply 142April 17, 2024 12:45 AM

Whoops here it is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143April 17, 2024 12:45 AM

But y'are in that courtroom Trump, y'are!

by Anonymousreply 144April 17, 2024 12:50 AM

I guess there really is something to that projection idea.

by Anonymousreply 145April 17, 2024 1:02 AM

Kushner is in negotiations with the Dept. of Prisons to brand one of the NY Club Feds as “Trump Retreat.” The Trump room will have a gold toilet, no Internet access, and a door locked from the outside.

by Anonymousreply 146April 17, 2024 7:34 AM

He reposted his latest fundraising message on Truth Social and it is hilarious. Look at that persecuted (read: constipated) face and the "I could be locked up for life" exaggeration. Can't stop cackling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 17, 2024 11:11 AM

I have the best cell, the biggest cell! The other prisoners come up to me with tears in their eyes and say: 'SIR! SIR! You're the greatest prisoner who ever lived!'. Some are saying, maybe, I've heard they're saying it. But my cell is definitely bigger than they would have given to Obama.

by Anonymousreply 148April 17, 2024 11:45 AM

All the judge does is sternly admonish Trump no matter what he does. Judge doesn’t care if Trump threatens witnesses. Judge doesn’t care if Trump intimidates jurors. Because he keeps doing squat about it.

by Anonymousreply 149April 17, 2024 11:57 AM

The judge has to be very careful because whatever he does will be reviewed by appellate courts.

by Anonymousreply 150April 17, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote]"I could be locked up for life"

We might dare to hope that the mysteries of karma are finally at work. Two days of public slumber from the 'Sleepy Joe' taunter, and now this glorious realism from he who joyously led chants of "Lock her up!" More, please.

by Anonymousreply 151April 17, 2024 12:03 PM

The beauty of being tried for state crimes is that he cannot pardon himself or be pardoned by a PResident. The only way he gets a pardon is if the governor of the state pardons him. Which will not happen right now. Now if he comes to Georgia to get prosecuted and he is found guilty, Kemp will definitely pardon him because Kemp is a punk The road to conviction is long.

by Anonymousreply 152April 17, 2024 1:49 PM

Kemp might wait for the results of the election, he's not going to pardon a two-time loser. And there won't be a sentencing in any of the cases scheduled before the election anyway, no judge is crazy that way.

by Anonymousreply 153April 17, 2024 1:55 PM

R153, I live here in GA. Kemp would pardon Trump because there are a lot of Trump supporters in GA and they would crucify him if he didn't. There's talk of Kemp running for the Senate against OSsoff, our JEwish Senator who is a wonderful adorable person. So Kemp is counting votes for himself not Trump.

by Anonymousreply 154April 17, 2024 2:03 PM

Come on now, being locked up 8 months can’t be too bad.

by Anonymousreply 155April 17, 2024 2:07 PM

[quote] Kemp will definitely pardon him because Kemp is a punk

No can do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 17, 2024 2:17 PM

r156 Well, he could always stack the pardon board with loyalis...

[quote]The board considers applications beginning at least five years after an individual has completed his or her sentence.

Oopsie!

by Anonymousreply 157April 17, 2024 2:18 PM

Gift article.

[quote]David French, a Times columnist, hosted a written online conversation with the former federal prosecutors Mary McCord and Ken White to discuss and debate the Trump criminal trial in Manhattan and how, or if, the outcome will matter to voters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 17, 2024 4:35 PM

Wow, thanks!! Good to know. So bottom line is that Trump is fucked if he gets convicted in Georgia.

by Anonymousreply 159April 17, 2024 5:14 PM

From r158’s link

[quote] There was a lot of speculation about whether the predicate crime — the one Trump was promoting by falsifying records — was going to be federal or state, and whether it was going to be campaign-finance related or election-interference related. Now the prosecutors have shown their hand, and their lead theory is going to be that Trump meant to interfere unlawfully with an election by concealing information that the voters might have considered. A case tends to look stronger after the prosecution picks a theory and commits to it.

Can someone help me understand what law prevents “concealing information that the voters might have considered?”

Don’t campaigns do that all the time?

by Anonymousreply 160April 17, 2024 5:55 PM

R160 That’s one of Trump’s “go to” defenses for everything he’s been taken to court for since his presidency: “Everyone does it, so this is a politically-motivated trial.” That may work in the court of public opinion of his MAGAs, but it's not a defense in a court of law.

by Anonymousreply 161April 17, 2024 8:13 PM

I know they aren't 100% similar, but what happened to John Edwards? Because I think it may have some relevance.

by Anonymousreply 162April 17, 2024 8:31 PM

The point is not “everybody does it.” The point is “what law makes it a crime?” For it to be a felony, he needs to have falsified the documents in order to cover up a separate crime. I thought that the separate crime was a federal election finance crime, but commentators keep saying “election interference “ as if that’s a crime. I don’t know what law prohibits “election interference.”

by Anonymousreply 163April 17, 2024 8:38 PM

^ My understanding is that Trump then deducted the payout on his taxes as a "business expense" and there in lies the felony

by Anonymousreply 164April 17, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote] Can someone help me understand what law prevents “concealing information that the voters might have considered?”

Election laws require the disclosure of any payments intended to boost his chances of winning the election. If he paid the money because he didn't want to hurt his election chances then categorizing the payment as a legal expense is fraud. Trump, though, is claiming it was done to protect Melania. I suspect the prosecution may have a hard time proving otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 165April 17, 2024 8:47 PM

@r165, " I suspect the prosecution may have a hard time proving otherwise. "

Hi, troll, did you forget that Melania ( leave the money on the dresser) is quite accustom to those kind of "payments" and doesn't need protecting?

by Anonymousreply 166April 17, 2024 8:56 PM

I understand the election finance law violation. If he deducted the payments to Cohen as a business expense that would be tax fraud, but that is not what this expert says. He says the crime is concealing evidence that the public might have considered in the election. Others have described it similarly. I’m just looking for an explanation of that. Not for your theories if what the other crime may be.

by Anonymousreply 167April 17, 2024 8:58 PM

Look Michael Cohen went to prison for his role in this. And he had a damned good lawyer. So why shouldn't Trump get convicted!

by Anonymousreply 168April 17, 2024 9:19 PM

Michael Cohen was prosecuted under federal law for election finance violations. Different legal issues.

by Anonymousreply 169April 17, 2024 9:25 PM

Leaf my nam out yu moufs!

by Anonymousreply 170April 17, 2024 9:28 PM

R162, as I recall, the Edwards case was hampered by the infirmity of the chief witness, centenarian, Bunny Mellon. He wasn’t acquitted. There was a hung jury.

by Anonymousreply 171April 17, 2024 9:31 PM

So r167, I might be wrong, but I think Dump expensed it as a campaign expense—thus the proof that he did it because he thought it would hurt him politically. That’s the proof. If it were Melanoma he was protecting, he should have deducted it as a personal expense.

DL lawyers, help us out?

by Anonymousreply 172April 17, 2024 9:59 PM

The issue is not proof of his motive.

The issue is what is the separate crime that makes falsifying business records a felony. This lawyer (and others) say variations on “election interference,” but that’s not a crime as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 173April 17, 2024 10:05 PM

Frontline:

[quote] In New York, falsifying business records counts as a felony, rather than a misdemeanor, only if the defendant had an intent of committing or concealing a separate underlying crime. The Manhattan district office charged the former president with a low-level felony, which carries a maximum of four years in prison for each count. The indictment alleged that Trump falsified business records to “conceal criminal activity, including attempts to violate state and federal election laws,” but did not specify a particular underlying crime. In recent interviews, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin L. Bragg has described the case as an “election interference case” that is about “conspiring to corrupt a presidential election” by concealing damaging information ahead of the vote.

Again—how is concealing damaging information in an election a crime?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174April 17, 2024 10:09 PM

i know the media and talk shows are making fun of him supposedly falling asleep during the proceedings but I don't find it funny at all. During his presidency, he woke up late, had a meal then he would go to the oval office and retire to an adjacent room where he would sit on the couch and watch FOX News all day.

For all of the criticism of Biden's age and his ability to lead, Trump is showing us in real time how unable he is to do the job. No stamina, no vitality and this trial will show us in real time his inability to stay awake all day, something we were not privy to during his term in office.

by Anonymousreply 175April 17, 2024 10:09 PM

Washington Post:

[quote] Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said at a news conference after the court hearing that the alleged scheme was intended to cover up violations of New York election law, which makes it a crime to conspire to illegally promote a candidate. Bragg also said the $130,000 payment exceeded the federal campaign contribution

Here, a partial answer—conspiracy to illegally promote a candidate

I’ve never heard of this law or seem any analysis of it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2024 10:16 PM

Here is the statute—doesn’t define what make promoting the election of a person illegal:

[quote] Any two or more persons who conspire to promote or prevent the election of any person to a public office by unlawful means and which conspiracy is acted upon by one or more of the parties thereto, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2024 10:20 PM

Seems to me the alleged crime that makes the falsifying business records into a felony is a misdemeanor that depends on the falsifying of business records in order to even be a crime. Seems kind of circular.

The argument may be that the violation of federal election laws is the “unlawful means” that makes the conspiracy to promote the election into a separate misdemeanor.

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2024 10:28 PM

R174 - and don't forget that during his 'apprenticeship' in the WH, he spent nearly a year playing golf (really cheating) so when you factor in all his distractions, he spent very little time actually being 'President'.

by Anonymousreply 179April 17, 2024 11:34 PM

Yes, R179 and there was also a site which used to log his days away from DC in order to stay at one of his clubs. Then, of course, he would charge SS for rooms at his resorts and bill Joe and Jane Taxpayer.

His only profitable business was being POTUS

by Anonymousreply 180April 18, 2024 12:56 AM

Reading through these replies since r160's very pertinent question, I'm suddenly unconvinced. As a juror, I'd be ready to convict his ass at a moment's notice, but this argument that relies on a vague (and uncharged) crime seems really flimsy. Bragg should have gone the campaign finance route instead of this nebulous election interference one. How do you even begin to prove that? It's not like Trump messaged someone "we have to pay Stormy off so more people will vote for me."

by Anonymousreply 181April 18, 2024 4:06 AM

They kind of are going the election finance route, but in a round about way.

As I read it now, to make this case a felony case they just have to show the business records were falsified in order to hide a conspiracy to influence the election “unlawfully.” The fact that the money paid by Cohen was an illegal campaign donation under federal law is enough to make the attempt to influence the election “unlawful.” They don’t really need to prove any intent to “interfere.”

Going this route avoids a messy issue in that it is arguably unclear whether the aggravating crime that makes the business records violation a felony can be a federal crime and not a state crime. In effect, the “unlawful influence” misdemeanor makes the federal election finance violation (which has already been established in the Cohen federal case) into a state crime that can provide the felony boost.

A lot of commentators are focusing on “election interference “ to make the case sound more meaningful, but it is not really what is being charged.

by Anonymousreply 182April 18, 2024 4:43 AM

I might be tempted to call the case kind of weak tea—making a misdemeanor about fudging private business records into a felony by alleging it was done to hide another misdemeanor. But the context is important—Michael Cohen went to prison for this, and Bill Barr made sure that the case against Trump was dropped. Bragg is picking up the botched federal case as best he can.

I’m assuming they can’t prove intent to hide tax fraud (deducting the Cohen reimbursement as a business expense) without Weiselberg’s cooperation, because Trump could say “I leave that to the accountants”

by Anonymousreply 183April 18, 2024 5:03 AM

Jesus fucking christ, they're still selecting a jury. Perhaps we will find out more about the legal strategies once that is complete?

by Anonymousreply 184April 18, 2024 7:51 AM

I'm sorry, but if I were a juror and this was published, I would back out immediately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185April 18, 2024 11:58 AM

The oncology nurse has dropped out.

by Anonymousreply 186April 18, 2024 2:00 PM

^ She was worried that her personal aspects being published allowed people to identify her. She said she was already being questioned by acquaintances re whether she was on the jury. I don’t blame her, Dump’s mouth breathers are evil, stupid pieces of shit.

by Anonymousreply 187April 18, 2024 2:09 PM

I didn't know you could "drop out" of jury duty once selected. I should have tried it.

by Anonymousreply 188April 18, 2024 2:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 18, 2024 2:31 PM

And now the juror who finds Trump "fascinating" & "mysterious" may be bounced by the prosecutor. I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 190April 18, 2024 2:33 PM

Such identifiable facts being available and publishable seems questionable at best. Especially given the known effects of being caught up anywhere in Trump's orbit as an innocent. Especially given the historic nature of the trial.

by Anonymousreply 191April 18, 2024 2:37 PM

R185

You are so correct. Real bravery is over rated. You many times have to risk and suffer loss with real,world bravery

. Pretend bravery or DL internet bravery is easier. Not as productive but no risk except for a FF from some moron.

by Anonymousreply 192April 18, 2024 3:08 PM

It’s harder to drop out once the trial begins.

by Anonymousreply 193April 18, 2024 3:08 PM

They're dropping like flies:

:A juror seated in Donald Trump’s criminal hush-money trial was the second to be dismissed on Thursday. As jurors returned to the courtroom for the third day of trial, one woman said she had “concerns about her ability to be fair.”

Soon after, prosecutors said another juror, a man, had not disclosed that he had been arrested for tearing down political posters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 18, 2024 3:23 PM

[quote] Soon after, prosecutors said another juror, a man, had not disclosed that he had been arrested for tearing down political posters."

This is the guy who thinks Trump's fascinating & mysterious. He also apparently lied in not disclosing some criminal activity of his wife.

by Anonymousreply 195April 18, 2024 3:26 PM

So we've gone from seven seated jurors to five, just like that.

by Anonymousreply 196April 18, 2024 3:29 PM

Who is that in r194?

by Anonymousreply 197April 18, 2024 3:33 PM

Opening statements will not be on Monday. I'll bet on that.

by Anonymousreply 198April 18, 2024 3:34 PM

David Edwards, author of the article.

by Anonymousreply 199April 18, 2024 3:34 PM

[quote]Soon after, prosecutors said another juror, a man, had not disclosed that he had been arrested for tearing down political posters."

That juror has just been excused.

by Anonymousreply 200April 18, 2024 4:19 PM

That juror (a lawyer) didn't even show up today. Probably for the best because the judge would have torn him a new asshole.

by Anonymousreply 201April 18, 2024 4:21 PM

So, Trump doesn't have to engage in jury intimidation, he can just leave it to the media to do that. The judge can put a stop to it. Expect to see jurors' photos online soon.

by Anonymousreply 202April 18, 2024 5:31 PM

The jurors should be sequestered for their safety.

by Anonymousreply 203April 18, 2024 5:42 PM

[quote]Jesus fucking christ, they're still selecting a jury.

It was expected to take up to two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 204April 18, 2024 5:56 PM

I find intimating the witnesses first and then dealing with the jury later works best.

by Anonymousreply 205April 18, 2024 6:30 PM

Something like this for the witnesses:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206April 18, 2024 6:32 PM

And then something like this for the jury - after being declared innocent by the same jury!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207April 18, 2024 6:34 PM

That Jesse Watters needs to shut his f*cking mouth. ( I guess he thinks he's the new Cucker Tarlson)

by Anonymousreply 208April 18, 2024 8:59 PM

12!

by Anonymousreply 209April 18, 2024 9:10 PM

They should sequester this jury for their own sakes.

by Anonymousreply 210April 18, 2024 9:11 PM

The judge should issue some sort of STFU, asshole order to Fux.

Then fine them like $1 million every time Waddler opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 211April 18, 2024 10:32 PM

The judge has no authority over Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 212April 18, 2024 10:41 PM

R165 the protecting Melania line is easy to disprove. He bragged in the NY Post about fucking Marla Maples while he was married to Ivanna. The fact he would suddenly not want to hurt a woman he is married to by her discovering he cheated on her is not going to hold water with a man who openly brags about sex with women.

by Anonymousreply 213April 18, 2024 11:09 PM

@r212, The judge could ban Fox from the courtroom. Since they themselves don't consider themselves actual news or journalists they can't scream "freedom of the press"

by Anonymousreply 214April 18, 2024 11:37 PM

OMG! They just showed Joe Kennedy speaking in español! He was talking to a reporter from Univision.

He’s adorable . He’s quite attractive. 🤗

by Anonymousreply 215April 18, 2024 11:38 PM

The prosecution surely knows that if Trump is found guilty, getting a mistrial declared is among the many things Trump and his lawyers will do to try to reverse or invalidate the guilty verdict. It’s probably better to spend the time now getting a jury that that is unlikely to create a potential mistrial claim later.

by Anonymousreply 216April 19, 2024 12:57 AM

There's no mistrial once a verdict is issued. In that situation his lawyers are going to appeal, of course, but a mistrial isn't possible.

by Anonymousreply 217April 19, 2024 2:13 AM

The jury has been sworn in and the trial will commence. but the fucking media has to reveal clues about who they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 19, 2024 2:20 AM

He will never stop whining. I hate him so much.

by Anonymousreply 219April 19, 2024 2:23 AM

That's what John Edwards did. He took money and paid it to boost his chances.

by Anonymousreply 220April 19, 2024 4:35 AM

[quote] There's no mistrial once a verdict is issued. In that situation his lawyers are going to appeal, of course, but a mistrial isn't possible.

R217 Thanks for that correction! I’ve now read a bit about mistrials and understand the process better.

by Anonymousreply 221April 19, 2024 6:14 AM

[quote]Old Man Says He's Cold, Has Some Newspaper Clippings To Show You

[quote]Here’s 30 more seconds of flipping papers, papers printed out for him by the blonde lady who follows him around with a damn printer in a Radio Flyer Wagon, printing out things to make this record-breakingly old Boomer and his tiny hands feel better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222April 19, 2024 1:11 PM

The remaining five alternates to be seated today and then the Sandoval hearing. It really looks like it'll all start on Monday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223April 19, 2024 1:25 PM

[quote]It really looks like it'll all start on Monday.

I hope it stretches on for a long while.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 19, 2024 1:27 PM

Six weeks, which means he might be a convicted felon by June.

by Anonymousreply 225April 19, 2024 1:28 PM

R225 Don’t threaten me with a good time!

by Anonymousreply 226April 19, 2024 2:38 PM

Love the wonkette commentary @ R222. As to Trump's 'The whole world's watching', and 'People are being murdered', we all felt the same on January 6 '21. Which Trump visibly encouraged and failed to stop for hours. A cold courtroom for many weeks is the least punishment he deserves for his lifelong criminal career.

by Anonymousreply 227April 19, 2024 3:08 PM

R225

We all should hope you are right. Because if it’s an innocent verdict or a hung jury watch his poll numbers take a leap up. Maybe a big leap up.

Maybe the biggest joke of a potus in our countries history, a pussy grabber, and a well known bad guy who has done terrible things ——and the race is a dead heat

by Anonymousreply 228April 19, 2024 3:23 PM

Trump's supporters don't regard this trial or the charges as serious. Period. Hush money to porn stars? Meh. If he gets convicted they won't care. They will still support him. They think this is bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 229April 19, 2024 3:40 PM

[quote]If he gets convicted they won't care. They will still support him. They think this is bullshit.

Well, then, we certainly shouldn't bother to hold him accountable for his crimes.

by Anonymousreply 230April 19, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote] Trump's supporters don't regard this trial or the charges as serious. Period.

This isn't about persuading the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 231April 19, 2024 3:43 PM

[quote]Here’s 30 more seconds of flipping papers, papers printed out for him by the blonde lady who follows him around with a damn printer in a Radio Flyer Wagon, printing out things to make this record-breakingly old Boomer and his tiny hands feel better.

Nice work if you can get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 19, 2024 3:49 PM

What a pathetic clown.

by Anonymousreply 233April 19, 2024 6:41 PM

"They think this is bullshit."

And I think Donald J. Trump, his whore wife, his loser kids and his numerous supporters are complete and total piles of horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 234April 19, 2024 7:04 PM

I resent that.

by Anonymousreply 235April 19, 2024 9:39 PM

Trump is a great big fat person. Why was he complaining about the courtroom being cold? Wouldn't he need the cool air to prevent his pig folds from sweating profusely?

by Anonymousreply 236April 19, 2024 10:45 PM

^ He has no circulation... He may die soon 🙂

by Anonymousreply 237April 19, 2024 10:59 PM

From your keyboard to God's ears R237! 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

by Anonymousreply 238April 19, 2024 11:17 PM

The hits just keep on comin'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239April 19, 2024 11:26 PM

^ What loan?

by Anonymousreply 240April 19, 2024 11:30 PM

Exactly the point, R240.

by Anonymousreply 241April 19, 2024 11:31 PM

So many accounting shenanigans, an financial crimes investigator would have a field day.

by Anonymousreply 242April 20, 2024 1:38 AM

More zen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 20, 2024 5:05 AM

Will Melania ever be seen "supporting" him?? She's said to be focusing on Barron, doing what?? I guess she's all he's got...... He cant have many friends.....

by Anonymousreply 244April 20, 2024 5:17 AM

Has anyone reported the SHARTING???

Trump is shitting himself in court!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245April 20, 2024 7:31 AM

When do I see a video of him melting down synced with the song “Tears of a Clown” ?

by Anonymousreply 246April 20, 2024 7:44 AM

R244 In old country, difficult matters are best left to others. You say no to save the face.

by Anonymousreply 247April 20, 2024 7:45 AM

I listened to a legal podcast with Ken White where Josh Barro asked him the same question we had – trying to ensure that bad facts about you during a political campaign don't get out isn't inherently a crime, so what's the underlying crime in this case? And White said there's a NY law about election interference, but it isn't well-defined, so we have to wait and see what the government's exact theory is. We'll likely hear about that theory during the opening arguments.

by Anonymousreply 248April 20, 2024 10:32 AM

R247 - if that were the case why isn't that being mentioned on Deadline: Whitehouse. Susanne Craig reported on Friday's events and no mention of 'odorous fumes' - of course she was in the overflow room. Monday Lisa Rubin and/or Susanne Craig will be in the actual courtroom so maybe then we will get the 411 on his back door activities.

by Anonymousreply 249April 20, 2024 11:14 AM

It's only been one week, arguments haven't even started yet, and he's already unravelling – the fact that he can't dramatically waltz in and out of the courtroom at his leisure is what's killing him the most. Imagine what six more weeks of this will do to him. He's a walking talking Biden advertisement. Or rather a sitting, farting, napping one.

by Anonymousreply 250April 20, 2024 11:47 AM

Please don't mention " odorous fumes" and " overflow" in the same sentence. I just had breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 251April 20, 2024 12:00 PM

@r250, Maybe that's been the plan, slow walk his meltdown until the election when they have him sitting in the courtroom wearing a straitjacket 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252April 20, 2024 12:08 PM

R252- another, more lengthy report--

Trump smells like shit and hair products.

This video is horrifying

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253April 20, 2024 12:21 PM

His voters will see him as the victim. No TV cameras in the courtroom allows them to dismiss anything they don’t want to hear. (Not that they’d believe television since Fox would not show it).

by Anonymousreply 254April 20, 2024 12:23 PM

R244, Maureen Dowd wrote this for the NYT: "The former first lady, who is helping her son prepare for college, perhaps at New York University, does not want Barron’s name thrown around in a New York court. Trump made Barron an issue, asking for a day off for his son’s high school graduation."

by Anonymousreply 255April 20, 2024 12:57 PM

Pretty sure Melania's remark was subtly directed at Trump, as in "Don't bring Barron into this when you didn't attend any of your previous kids' graduation ceremonies either. You fucked a porn star and paid her off, you clean up the mess, don't use the kid as a shield."

No one wants a presidential candidate at their graduation in an election year. It's such a selfish thing to do as well, turning the ceremony into your personal media circus.

by Anonymousreply 256April 20, 2024 1:07 PM

^ This is it right here. You haven't paid any attention to the kid for 18 years, don't start now

by Anonymousreply 257April 20, 2024 1:11 PM

Vairst Letty’s remark is squarely directed at Trump. Nothing subtle about it.

by Anonymousreply 258April 20, 2024 1:18 PM

To be fair, she isn't exactly know for her subtlety.

by Anonymousreply 259April 20, 2024 1:53 PM

She probably communicates with him these days through Maureen Dowd and Maggie Haberman

by Anonymousreply 260April 20, 2024 2:35 PM

R222 He's beyond unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 261April 20, 2024 2:39 PM

Melania the double agent, needs to shut up. When she's not trashing Trump and cringing from his touch, she's standing by him. She reportedly thinks the "hush money" trial is a disgrace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262April 20, 2024 3:30 PM

[quote]She reportedly thinks the "hush money" trial is a disgrace.

She's right, it is a disgrace that her husband put her into a position to defend a) his cheating and b) his breaking the law to keep it quiet.

by Anonymousreply 263April 20, 2024 4:56 PM

More zen:

He seems “selfish and self-serving,” said one woman. The way he carries himself in public “leaves something to be desired,” said another. His “negative rhetoric and bias,” said another man, is what is “most harmful.” Over the past week, Donald Trump has been forced to sit inside a frigid New York courtroom and listen to a parade of potential jurors in his criminal hush money trial share their unvarnished assessments of him.

It’s been a dramatic departure for the former president and presumptive 2024 GOP nominee, who is accustomed to spending his days in a cocoon of cheering crowds and constant adulation. “He’s the object of derision. It’s his nightmare. He can’t control the script. He can’t control the cinematography. He can’t control what’s being said about him. And the outcome could go in a direction he really doesn’t want,” said Tim O’Brien, a Trump biographer and critic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 20, 2024 5:09 PM

R264 He can't control his bowels either.

by Anonymousreply 265April 20, 2024 5:21 PM

^ Lord poopy-pants strikes again!

by Anonymousreply 266April 20, 2024 5:27 PM

He's showing his contempt for the court, the jurors, and the trial. He doesn't care about this trial. Everything he says/does is for an audience of crazy MAGATs. They are the people who send him their pennies. His ONLY hope is getting re-elected. They probably think his sleeping in court is a gesture of defiance. Hell, they've probably found a way to be impressed by his farting. Or they'll just dismiss it as fake news. If the judge slaps him down he'll play victim. If he is convicted he'll just howl that the court is corrupt and it's political election interference. Besides he'll just appeal everything over and over till the day he dies.

by Anonymousreply 267April 20, 2024 5:57 PM

[quote][bold]Trump Privately Rages About His Sketch Artist, Courtroom Nap Reports[/bold]

[quote]Trump’s anger during the first week of his New York hush money trial was “maxed out, even for him,” a source tells Rolling Stone

I love this for him so much. He's living through the narcissist's worst nightmare right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 20, 2024 6:41 PM

Why is he now combing his hair like he is a member of A Flock of Seagulls?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 20, 2024 6:43 PM

Hilarious that court sketch artists are getting to him. The form is always quite crude and lurid, but in Trump's case the sketches accurately depict his facial horror.

by Anonymousreply 270April 20, 2024 7:16 PM

[quote] Hilarious that court sketch artists are getting to him. The form is always quite crude and lurid, but in Trump's case the sketches accurately depict his facial horror.

One of the Trump books I read said one of the things written about him - years ago - that he most appreciated was that he looked like Robert Redford.

by Anonymousreply 271April 20, 2024 7:31 PM

^ " he looked like Robert Redford. "

No one has ever been that drunk 🤪

by Anonymousreply 272April 20, 2024 7:44 PM

Gift article from Haberman.

He looks like shit, completely defeated. I'm reminded of that photo of him returning to the White House from his failed Tulsa rally in 2020. And it's only been one week, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273April 22, 2024 3:35 AM

Never forget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274April 22, 2024 3:36 AM

And he WILL resort to pharmaceuticals to regulate himself, over and over again.

If his state of mind comes up in court proceedings, will the prosecution or the defense bring up his state of mind, i.e. potential as a molifying factor in his defense or why he should perpetually be held incommunicado from decent society?

by Anonymousreply 275April 22, 2024 5:55 AM

Caption under the photo at r273...

[quote]By day’s end on Friday, Donald J. Trump appeared haggard and rumpled.

Ouch. I assume he's going to glare some more at her when the trial resumes today.

by Anonymousreply 276April 22, 2024 9:33 AM

Trumpled

by Anonymousreply 277April 22, 2024 1:47 PM

The best thing Trump could do is drop out of the race. He hates to lose. How great would it be if Joe ran unopposed?

by Anonymousreply 278April 22, 2024 1:47 PM

[quote]Trump is struggling to stay awake. His eyes were closed for a short period. He was jolted awake when Todd Blanche, his lawyer, nudged him while sliding a note in front of him.

Oh my god, the opening arguments have only just started and he's napping already.

by Anonymousreply 279April 22, 2024 2:00 PM

He’s a lazy man and is very elderly. Sitting in a courtroom all day is going to wear him clean out.

by Anonymousreply 280April 22, 2024 2:03 PM

Per CNN: “Donald Trump's eyes are closed as Judge Juan Merchan is delivering his instructions to the jury.”

Six more weeks of this is going to end him. Hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 281April 22, 2024 2:13 PM

Or give him all the rest he needs for the coming campaign season.

by Anonymousreply 282April 22, 2024 2:20 PM

He's not going to get much rest, there will be too much going on that will drive him up a wall.

by Anonymousreply 283April 22, 2024 2:42 PM

Avenatti desperately wants to testify for The Donald (probably just to get out of his jail cell for awhile) but forgets he was involved in another sex scandal payoff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 22, 2024 2:54 PM

Gift live thread at NYT, courtesy of a kind Redditor. No idea why they put these behind the paywall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 22, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote]Trump sat motionless and expressionless as his lawyer delivered his opening statement. His behavior all morning has been muted compared to how he has acted during past Manhattan court appearances, but this is also the first time he had to listen to prosecutors lay out criminal allegations in front of a jury who will determine -- in a few weeks -- if he is guilty of felony charges.

Reality starting to set in?

by Anonymousreply 286April 22, 2024 4:03 PM

First witness now called. The live blog at r285 is super detailed, make sure you follow the proceedings there if you're interested in the trial.

by Anonymousreply 287April 22, 2024 4:08 PM

Trump is butthurt people are protesting against Palestine and not for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288April 22, 2024 4:15 PM

r288 He doesn't understand that he's cried wolf too many times now and even deplorables can't be bothered to turn up anymore. His fundraising emails are basically all "America has 48 hours left!" every single fucking day, to say nothing of his endless Truth Social screeds. That is not sustainable, it inevitably turns into background noise.

by Anonymousreply 289April 22, 2024 4:18 PM

Court is quitting early today due to one of the juror's having an emergency dental appointment.

by Anonymousreply 290April 22, 2024 4:26 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291April 22, 2024 4:28 PM

[quote]Why are...rioters allowed to...scream, shout...enter buildings...and basically do whatever they want...

Maybe Trump because you set a precedent on J6. Done by people you now call hostages and patriots.

by Anonymousreply 292April 22, 2024 4:31 PM

What does he imagine those protests would achieve? Scaring the jurors into a "not guilty" verdict?

by Anonymousreply 293April 22, 2024 4:35 PM

Don’t get too cocky. It only takes one juror to stop a conviction, and this is a case that is about politics at its core, both in terms of the alleged crime, and in terms of why the case was charged at all. I think those who make predictions are on thin ice.

by Anonymousreply 294April 22, 2024 6:49 PM

Yes, R294, I kinda suspect a hung jury.

by Anonymousreply 295April 22, 2024 7:43 PM

Same. No fucking way is there not a single stealth deplorable on that jury whose mind isn't already made up to save his/her Dear Leader.

by Anonymousreply 296April 22, 2024 7:48 PM

There was one Fox News viewer who said he/she also watched MSNBC and read the NY Times.

I have never met anyone who watches both Fox News and MSNBC. I have a hard time believing this juror is telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 297April 22, 2024 9:05 PM

I have a friend who claims to watch both Fox News and MSNBC, but her husband and a houseguest each portray her as a zombie Fox News watcher.

by Anonymousreply 298April 22, 2024 9:14 PM

I used to tune in to Fox when there was a political event or big news incident to see how they cover them. After a while I realized how soul sucking and time wasting it was, so I stopped around the time Biden became president.

by Anonymousreply 299April 22, 2024 9:25 PM

It just seems impossible to me that a single mind could tolerate both.

by Anonymousreply 300April 22, 2024 9:26 PM

[quote] I have never met anyone who watches both Fox News and MSNBC.

I'm a regular MSNBC viewer who also regularly records Fox News's Special Report. This is the show they've long promoted as their straight news hour. It is not. I usually fast forward the program to see what their covering. Then I force myself to watch their all-star panel of pundits at the end of the hour.

by Anonymousreply 301April 23, 2024 1:53 AM

Pleased to meet you

by Anonymousreply 302April 23, 2024 5:12 AM

Gag order violations hearing currently taking place.

by Anonymousreply 303April 23, 2024 1:55 PM

Judge is currently getting worked up and raising his voice while speaking to Trump's attorney.

by Anonymousreply 304April 23, 2024 2:29 PM

Has Dump said anything recently on LieSocial? Wonder what prompted this. Hope the judge throws the book at him!

by Anonymousreply 305April 23, 2024 2:32 PM

[quote]Wonder what prompted this.

Ten posts on Truth Social, apparently. Some of them while he was sitting inside the courtroom.

by Anonymousreply 306April 23, 2024 2:34 PM

Jury is coming in 25 minutes from now and they're still on violation 2 out of 10 because Trump's attorney refuses to answer the judge's questions.

by Anonymousreply 307April 23, 2024 2:36 PM

Judge is now deciding whether reposts on Truth Social count as gag order violations as well. This is what happens when the defendant is a social media obsessed (fat) whore.

by Anonymousreply 308April 23, 2024 2:37 PM

[quote]"You're losing all credibility with the court," judge tells Trump attorney

Great start to the day! Exactly what you want to hear from a judge at the very beginning of the trial.

by Anonymousreply 309April 23, 2024 2:42 PM

And trump has to sit through all of this I assume.

by Anonymousreply 310April 23, 2024 2:51 PM

Yes. He was apparently expressionless at the start, but got animated as the judge was tearing into his lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 311April 23, 2024 2:58 PM

[quote]Donald Trump has reentered the courtroom. He is holding a stack of papers, some held together by binder clips.

Oh, here we go again. Encouraging tweets from Tucker and the assorted Russian bots, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 312April 23, 2024 3:15 PM

I wish I could take those stack of papers and slice the webbings of his small, fumbling little hands. Anyone notice the "gold" paperclips on that stack he paraded out of the courtroom with last week?

by Anonymousreply 313April 23, 2024 6:41 PM

So the Enquirer made up stories about that asshole Cruz. Are they still in business? Don’t really see any trash tabloids at the checkouts any more.

Ha!

by Anonymousreply 314April 23, 2024 8:06 PM

Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer, right?

by Anonymousreply 315April 23, 2024 9:33 PM

At the time of the fake story, Cruz called Trump essentially a pathological liar. Now, he considers it 'ancient history'.

VP announcement coming soon?

by Anonymousreply 316April 23, 2024 9:46 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317April 23, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote]Ted Cruz was the Zodiac Killer, right?

No, that was Mitt!

by Anonymousreply 318April 23, 2024 10:06 PM

I laughed so hard that I cried!

Lawrence O'Donnell in commenting on the court proceedings, noted that nary a trump family member-- wife, ex-wife, son, daughter -- or a single personal friend is present in support of donald. Then Lawrence said:

"Serial killer and sometimes cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer had his parents in the courtroom every single day of his criminal trial. Every day. donald trump has less familial support than Jeffrey Dahmer had in the courtroom." 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 319April 24, 2024 2:46 AM

^nary ... nor

by Anonymousreply 320April 24, 2024 2:51 AM

Oh look, another —thread that shows how everyone hates Trump

by Anonymousreply 321April 24, 2024 2:57 AM

Look at his unhinged emails these days that have all the QAnoners freaking out.

He wants to be jailed so fucking bad, but the judge is way too smart to fall for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322April 24, 2024 3:00 AM

PLEASE MAKE ME A MARTYR.

by Anonymousreply 323April 24, 2024 3:01 AM

He's calling Maggie Haberman "Maggot Hagerman" now. He'll never, ever forgive her for writing that he fell asleep during jury selection already. It's always these petty slights with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324April 24, 2024 3:13 AM

If donald's base were so concerned they would be here supporting him; however, the streets surrounding the courthouse are devoid of MAGAts. No one cares if he is jailed.

Lock his stank ass up!

by Anonymousreply 325April 24, 2024 3:13 AM

Hilarious. Trump is BEGGING for MAGATs to come protest and only 4 or 5 people are showing up. He's humiliated. Tonight he's lying on his social media site saying the police are preventing anybody from protesting. So of course others are posting videos showing how the streets are open and anybody can drive by and there are only 4 or 5 people waving Trump flags. He getting so desperate he may actually force the judge to jail him for contempt just so he can fundraise off it and claim he's Nelson Mandela.

by Anonymousreply 326April 24, 2024 3:30 AM

If only if it weren't for those steel stanchions, tens of thousands of MAGAdonians would be out there outside of the courtroom every single day of the trial!

by Anonymousreply 327April 24, 2024 3:34 AM

[quote] He’s getting so desperate he may actually force the judge to jail him for contempt just so he can fundraise off it and claim he's Nelson Mandela.

R326 And in Trump’s mind, he can believe he’s like his hero Hitler, who was imprisoned before his rise to authoritarian power.

by Anonymousreply 328April 24, 2024 3:38 AM

The Deplorables will only support him if he is a genius billionaire with the power to pardon all their crimes and send them $1,200/mo. If he loses his mojo no way they're going down with him. These types have no loyalty.

by Anonymousreply 329April 24, 2024 3:43 AM

Hey R321! This thread has been going on since last Monday. You're eight days late with your "Another Trump thread!" comment. You been snoozing along with Don Snoreleone?

by Anonymousreply 330April 24, 2024 3:58 AM

[quote] in Trump’s mind, he can believe he’s like his hero Hitler, who was imprisoned before his rise to authoritarian power.

The problem here is that Hitler wrote a famous book while in jail. Good luck with that, Donald. The guy who wrote (sorry, "ghosted", The Art of the Deal is not going to agree to share your cell.

by Anonymousreply 331April 24, 2024 6:01 AM

Remember when Ted Cruz accused Trump of planting fake stories about him in The Enquirer?

Turns out Ted was right about something for once!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332April 24, 2024 6:41 AM

R331 Trump will have a lackey compile all of his social media posts into book form, and Trump will publish it as “Meine Tweets.”

by Anonymousreply 333April 24, 2024 7:03 AM

The post at r322 almost, kinda sounds like a suicide note...🤔

by Anonymousreply 334April 24, 2024 8:21 AM

[quote]If things don't go our way, I could be thrown in jail.

And yet in other news Trump said it would be an honour to go to jail. He's so conflicted about being Mandela. If only he had family or friends to discuss this with - but they all have far too busy lives to find time for a criminal court case.

by Anonymousreply 335April 24, 2024 8:45 AM

From NYT:

[quote]A day after Trump issued a call for more supporters to gather outside the Manhattan Criminal Courthouse, the number reached its nadir. The number of identifiable Trump fans across the street in Collect Pond Park on Tuesday sank to the mid-single digits, after hovering at about a dozen for a week.

His battle cries have turned into background noise.

by Anonymousreply 336April 24, 2024 10:51 AM

[quote]If donald's base were so concerned they would be here supporting him; however, the streets surrounding the courthouse are devoid of MAGAts.

How dare you! There were three of them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337April 24, 2024 10:57 AM

“I will die for you! This is jihad! SaVe AmErIcA!” 🤡

by Anonymousreply 338April 24, 2024 11:12 AM

His fundraising texts are unhinged. And frequent

by Anonymousreply 339April 24, 2024 1:33 PM

And read like something off the back of a box of cereal, R339.

"Now kids, be the first on your block to get your genuine MAGAt red cap by sending in $5000 to my PAC."

"If you act fast and send in some money, I will include you in the decision making process on who will be my VEEP."

by Anonymousreply 340April 24, 2024 1:59 PM

And the courtroom is freezing!

by Anonymousreply 341April 24, 2024 2:04 PM

If we only knew. All this time we have been trying to figure out why MAGAs support him no matter what., but now we have found their Achilles' Heel. Trump farts, he stinks, he smells up a room, he wears diapers and shits himself. As this news becomes widespread, fewer and fewer people will show up...except for the faithful few voyeurs who want to see him shit himself on stage at a rally. With any luck he will cut a loud, wet fart and give them something to talk about for years.

by Anonymousreply 342April 24, 2024 4:04 PM

[quote] With any luck he will cut a loud, wet fart

Count me in! 💩😋

by Anonymousreply 343April 24, 2024 7:00 PM

R342 Wrong. Now they will also be donating XXL size Depends to his campaign.

by Anonymousreply 344April 24, 2024 7:07 PM

I'm hoping the Trump Presidential Museum will have an entire wing devoted to the various diapers, girdles, hair dyes and hairsprays Donald has used through the years.

by Anonymousreply 345April 24, 2024 11:27 PM

R345 And don’t forget the industrial-strength face bronzer! The wing will be a literal toxic waste dump of Trump memorabilia!

by Anonymousreply 346April 25, 2024 4:33 AM

The courtroom is cold so that you don't fall asleep or even faint from the warm stuffy air. Yes, you can have a normal temperature if you have the whole recuperation system set up, but this a NY courtroom we're talking about, they're barely functional.

Donnie could always bring a blankie with him if he really is that cold. I'm sure it'll make for a lovely photo and won't at all make him look feeble.

by Anonymousreply 347April 25, 2024 5:00 AM

Trump's supporters like to see him strut and brag, and attack and threaten. They love imagining him a "Strong Man." Seeing him sitting, powerless, and having the illusion of a powerful, "in charge" guy stripped away will cause many of his supporters to fall by the wayside. They may talk about the mean judges and political conspiracies but in their hearts they feel like he "has no fist in his boxing glove." They will keep talking shit for a while and keepon patronizing the conspiracy websites, but they air is leaking out of the balloon.

by Anonymousreply 348April 25, 2024 12:08 PM

He's now saying he might not pay the fines.

[quote]Donald Trump told reporters on Thursday he doesn't know if he would pay fines if a judge finds that he has violated his gag order in the New York criminal hush money case against him. "I have no idea. They've taken my constitutional right away with a gag order. That's all it is. It's election interference," he said, repeating claims he has made about the case.

by Anonymousreply 349April 25, 2024 3:12 PM

"I spoke to Michael. Karen is a nice girl," Trump said to Pecker during a phone call, Pecker testified. Pecker said that comment made him believe Trump knew who McDougal was. Trump asked what Pecker thought he should do, according to Pecker. Pecker recommended Trump buy McDougal's story and take it off the market.

Asked by prosecutor Joshua Steinglass why Pecker thought Trump should buy the story, Pecker testified he believed her story was true, and he thought it would have been very embarrassing for Trump personally as well as for Trump's campaign."

by Anonymousreply 350April 25, 2024 8:28 PM

There’s a house in my area of town that had all sorts of trump flags and ridiculous signs be whatnot.

It was a trashy looking house and those signs made it more so. Now I passed by on that street and couldn’t even remember which house it was.

The flags and signs are completely gone. No more trumpian madness.

by Anonymousreply 351April 26, 2024 5:27 PM

Deep REM sleep? Trout-like movements?! Just give the motherfucker a shock collar already, for fuck sake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352April 27, 2024 9:25 AM

I know that if you touch a person’s lip and they involuntarily start to make a “sucking mouth” (I know, I know, but let’s redirect our thoughts) that it is a sign of dementia. Are the mouth movements during sleep similar? Any DL doctors?

FWIW the 10 o’clock news anchor seemed kind of freaked out about it last night.

by Anonymousreply 353April 27, 2024 10:14 AM

[quote]Blanche continued: “He’s not just our former president...he’s also a man, he’s a husband, he’s a father. He’s a person, just like you and just like me.”

Bitch stole my line.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354April 27, 2024 1:48 PM

Again, why does this bloated orange asshole get special treatment? Any common person falling asleep in their criminal trial would be admonished by the judge.

by Anonymousreply 355April 27, 2024 10:49 PM

Was there no court today? I can't find any info.

by Anonymousreply 356April 29, 2024 10:11 PM

There was no court today, R356. The trial resumes tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 357April 29, 2024 10:22 PM

Not today.

by Anonymousreply 358April 29, 2024 11:05 PM

So the mental deficient was fined 9K.

Apparently it’s the maximum amount allowed 🙄

Plus he has to delete the posts.

by Anonymousreply 359April 30, 2024 4:07 PM

I wonder if he will comply. (The deleting the posts part.) Or are we about to have yet another legal battle reach the Supreme Court?

by Anonymousreply 360April 30, 2024 4:09 PM

Hilarious and predictable that he’s already throwing his lawyer under the bus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361April 30, 2024 4:22 PM

Awww, it's almost like sooner or later he hates everyone around him. And unless they're complete idiots, of course they grow to hate him.

by Anonymousreply 362April 30, 2024 4:41 PM

Wanting to toss his Lawyer is just another tactic TFG is doing to slow everything down. A*shole as usual.

by Anonymousreply 363April 30, 2024 7:43 PM

How long before Trump reaches in his diaper and flings poo at the judge?

by Anonymousreply 364May 1, 2024 2:14 AM

Soon, soon....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 1, 2024 2:29 AM

Just when you think you've seen every iteration of his stupid orange face, a new one comes out to haunt us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366May 3, 2024 11:03 AM

R355, but how many people actually fall asleep at their own criminal trial? You could be going to prison, of course you’d stay awake. But not Trump. His whole life is one crime after another, so honestly he’s bored. I’m actually waiting for him to suddenly wake up and think he’s at a DIFFERENT criminal trial.

by Anonymousreply 367May 3, 2024 11:29 AM

[quote]Just when you think you've seen every iteration of his stupid orange face, a new one comes out to haunt us.

Emmett wore less makeup but there is a resemblance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368May 3, 2024 11:30 AM

The latest Trump “movement.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369May 3, 2024 11:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!