Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lori Lightfoot hired to investigate ‘worst mayor in America’ Tiffany Henyard at $400 per hour

The Illinois village of Dolton has voted in favor of a resolution to hire ex-Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot to investigate its own leader, Tiffany Henyard, who is accused of misusing taxpayer funds and various other corrupt practices.

Lightfoot, who lost her reelection bid in a landslide last year, said she was “honored” to be tasked with the investigation of Henyard — Dolton’s self-proclaimed “Super Mayor.”

“As someone who has made good governance the cornerstone of my career in public service, I recognize that maintaining the trust of those you serve and making decisions in their best interests is essential,” Lightfoot said in a statement on Monday evening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2024 11:59 AM

Pot here's a ton of money to go investigate that kettle.

"𝑁𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑡𝑒 𝑎 𝑐𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑖𝑠." --- Rahm Emanuel.

by Anonymousreply 1April 9, 2024 2:30 AM

Has she been taking lessons from DJT?

by Anonymousreply 2April 9, 2024 2:43 AM

For a second, I was thinking this was Lori Loughlin from the award-winning "Full House" series.

by Anonymousreply 3April 9, 2024 2:45 AM

Lori Lightfoot will reportedly be joined by assistants Darth Vader and Freddy Krueger

by Anonymousreply 4April 9, 2024 2:51 AM

What a fucking joke. Chicagoans never learn.

by Anonymousreply 5April 9, 2024 2:53 AM

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!!

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2024 2:57 AM

Two replies and it's a Trump thread. Kudos to you.

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2024 3:50 AM

Lesbian drama.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2024 3:56 AM

At the height of white flight in the 90s, the village put “I’m Staying!” On car license stickers. People weren’t moving away; they were dying of old age and black folks were simply buying what was available.

The entire village is dead end streets created by the Bishop Ford on the East side and an intermodal yard on the West.

Fun trivia: an adult child stabbed their mother in an argument over the done-ness of a roast. This happened twice to different families.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2024 4:00 AM

R9 Funny story, I’m in my mid 30s and I remember on vacation meeting this nice white family from Dalton. This was in the mid to late 90s, it was a different town then. Many outside the area don’t realize how this part of Chciago changed, and rather quickly.

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2024 4:45 AM

Chicago* oh dear

by Anonymousreply 11April 9, 2024 4:47 AM

The mayor's blatant corruption is actually an interesting story. I've been watching it develop at least six months now. What she has openly been getting away with is incredible.

But sending Lori Lightfoot after her is a bad joke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 9, 2024 4:57 AM

Fuck you, NY Post Troll.

by Anonymousreply 13April 9, 2024 4:59 AM

Maxine Waters wasn't available?

by Anonymousreply 14April 9, 2024 5:01 AM

Isn’t it ironic.

by Anonymousreply 15April 9, 2024 5:04 AM

Lori needs bangs, she's starting to look a tad Beetlejuicy.

by Anonymousreply 16April 9, 2024 5:10 AM

Wasn’t Lori Lightfoot in “A League of Their Own?” Did she leave acting to be a politician, like Victor Bono?

by Anonymousreply 17April 9, 2024 5:38 AM

Lightfoot was first choice to play Golum in the Lord of the Rings trilogy because she wouldnt need much makeup or CGI to believably play the role.

by Anonymousreply 18April 9, 2024 5:52 AM

r13 is the I support corruption in government as long as its done by Dems troll

by Anonymousreply 19April 9, 2024 5:52 AM

Get her, Lori! Drag her out of office by her crunchy old Five and Below weave.

by Anonymousreply 20April 9, 2024 6:47 AM

More selective bullshit from Murdoch. Lift the rocks the good old boys in Alabama and Mississippi hide under and it would be worse.

by Anonymousreply 21April 9, 2024 6:48 AM

Dolton RAIDED

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2024 7:32 AM

She could have rode this scam for decades if she hadn't been so greedy and arrogant.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2024 11:05 AM

Could we maybe crowdfund a pair of clip-on bangs for Lori, I wince every time this thread pops up.

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2024 11:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!