Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 16 OFFICIAL Thread!

Meet the queens video below.

They are so fucking boring. Except the Philly queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540April 28, 2024 2:10 AM

I'm kind of over this show, after watching every season. It's all been done, nothing new anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2023 4:48 AM

Oh goodie! Another queen from the House of Muse.

Also, given how much Ru loathes theater queens, Plasma better not get too comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2023 6:13 PM

Who needs Drag QUEENS we need a drag Anarcho syndicalist collective.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2023 6:24 PM

Over it. Never again.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2023 6:48 PM

What percentage of air time will be spent pontificating on gender, or how trans or non-binary each contestant is or becomes during the season? Guessing it will be at least a 5-10% increase from last season, if Canada's current season is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2023 6:55 PM

I enjoyed the show in the beginning when the contestants weren't Instagram and/or TikTok sensations. The recent Queens are a bit obnoxious for my taste.

I'm done.

by Anonymousreply 6December 10, 2023 7:02 PM

^RuPaul

by Anonymousreply 7December 10, 2023 7:14 PM

Bump!

by Anonymousreply 8January 5, 2024 8:11 PM

RuPaul looks *sweetened*

by Anonymousreply 9January 6, 2024 12:34 AM

First show last night, and no one has posted anything (on a gay site!) I guess this franchise has finally bit the dust. R.I.P.

by Anonymousreply 10January 6, 2024 12:05 PM

Sapphira, Q, and Dawn were the clear standouts of this week's group--though Dawn reminds me a little too much of Willow Pill.

Amanda Tori Meating is far more attractive and charismatic out of drag, which is the exact opposite of the way these things usually go. She's got a dazzling smile and such a likeable personality, but her drag is bad and her makeup is awful.

That said, there's a lot of potential there. She won't win but if she improves quickly enough, she could go a lot further than people think. But if she doesn't improve, she'll be an early out.

Of next week's queens, the most talented one is Nymphia Wind. I'm really looking forward to seeing what that bitch will turn out

by Anonymousreply 11January 6, 2024 1:00 PM

Charlize was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 12January 6, 2024 1:28 PM

People still watch this? I tapped out when the bulk of the queens were clearly social media ho's and it seemed like they stopped constructing their outfits and gowns. If you can't do that I'm not sure I'm interested.

by Anonymousreply 13January 6, 2024 1:57 PM

Still watching. The death drop is out and doing a split is in. We slipped into The Circle in the first episode. Take me to Circle Chat. Too bad they didn't show us who was ranked lowest. Give us cut throat.

by Anonymousreply 14January 6, 2024 3:08 PM

I liked it better when they all didn't do their makeup like Bozo The Clown.

by Anonymousreply 15January 6, 2024 3:22 PM

Dawn acts like she's doing something original when we've now had a weird queen each season for at least a decade now.

by Anonymousreply 16January 6, 2024 4:06 PM

I hate the rate the queen thing. The immunity is interesting. Hopefully, the next seven will be more interesting I was thinking Dawn = WIllow Pill just like the previous poster. Vegas one reminds me of Anetra with less resting bitch face. Q is very Shannell + Elliott with two Ts. Starkisha or whomever it was who one the first week, reminds me of a combo of Monet and Lala Ri. It is sad when you can just see the previous casts personalities in the same queens Amanda Tori Meeting is the only one who is somewhat original an interesting although even with her I see a little bit of Luck LaDuca.

by Anonymousreply 17January 6, 2024 4:06 PM

That Muse spawn is soooo basic. Like a queen from the local gay bar in Biloxi, MS. I guess they need cannon fodder every season.

by Anonymousreply 18January 6, 2024 6:49 PM

If you take away the loud mouth, Kandy's drag is nothing special. Apple...tree...

by Anonymousreply 19January 6, 2024 7:51 PM

Kandy Muse's drag is terrible. There was never any question about that.

by Anonymousreply 20January 6, 2024 8:39 PM

Went to see a Drag Queen Christmas when it rolled into town. A brief mention of Kandy’s name drew boos from the crowd.

by Anonymousreply 21January 6, 2024 8:49 PM

That blond queen is terrible......and yes the Muse queen is BASIC.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2024 4:52 PM

So, is there another thread I don't know about? Or does this one truly reflect the (lack of) interest in this latest season?

by Anonymousreply 23January 12, 2024 11:53 PM

I'm enjoying it. Plane Jane will be great to hate.

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2024 1:20 AM

Jeez. Burger Finger? So stupid but not fun stupid. Can't believe she won. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2024 2:47 AM

Jane is like a lesser Jimbo

by Anonymousreply 26January 13, 2024 2:59 AM

Jane is insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 27January 13, 2024 4:55 AM

Jimbo was off the wall. Jane is just trying to be.

by Anonymousreply 28January 13, 2024 12:03 PM

Jane is from the "if I put everyone down I will look better than everyone" drag school. Cha Cha Car or whatever her name was...that was a terrible lip sync. I kept yelling do a fucking split or something. So the first group got Charlize Theron and the second got...Becky G? Wow. Definitely team B.

by Anonymousreply 29January 13, 2024 2:22 PM

I'm tired of all the breast plates and fake titties. Is this Jimbo's impact? They look so cheap and aren't funny, just stupid looking.

by Anonymousreply 30January 13, 2024 2:40 PM

Yes I agree R30.

How many tasseled titties are we going to see this season?

by Anonymousreply 31January 13, 2024 2:54 PM

Yikes. That second batch of girls were definitely not as impressive. Seems like they purposely front loaded the season in episode one with the more talented queens and Charlize.

Also, WTF — they’re speeding up all of the performance numbers to make the dance moves look crisp and snappier. I’ve seen that trick in social media vids. Lame.

by Anonymousreply 32January 13, 2024 3:12 PM

Boy Jane is cute, though.

by Anonymousreply 33January 13, 2024 4:16 PM

The group last night was pretty grim. Jane is clearly copying Jimbo, but far less interesting.

by Anonymousreply 34January 13, 2024 5:19 PM

I don't know, it seems to me like Team B in the past were the more polished and talented ones. I like Plain Jane and Nymphia Wind. I could only remember Dawn, the Vegas/Anetra (can't remember name), and Amanda Tori Meeting from the first group

by Anonymousreply 35January 13, 2024 6:54 PM

r33 pretty much AWG. Just not as fug as the rest.

by Anonymousreply 36January 13, 2024 11:40 PM

This is a rather…pedestrian group, no?

by Anonymousreply 37January 14, 2024 9:30 PM

Yes boy Jane is very cute R33. His drag and sense of humor really appealed to RuPaul so he will be one to watch.

by Anonymousreply 38January 15, 2024 1:03 AM

I'm impressed by Nymphia Wind. The others not so much.

by Anonymousreply 39January 15, 2024 1:15 AM

It's worth pointing out that given how these things work this season would have filmed last May-June so it isn't like these queens are directly copying Jimbo on AS8. But yeah, it definitely feels very reminiscent of what Jimbo brought to that season.

Watched the first two episodes. I have no clue with Becky G is, how does she rate a premiere? I do agree that there was fair amount of boring personalities in the second group. It made it easy for Plane Jane to be such a loud mouth because honestly no one else was bringing any real personality, the episode would have been so boring without her.

I expect Sapphira, Jane, Dawn and Nymphia to go far. Honestly too many candidates that seem like they could be first outs.

by Anonymousreply 40January 15, 2024 1:29 AM

Yeah, those are my top 4 as well, with the Las Vegas Anetra prob in the top 7. I think the Dela/Jinx will make it to Snatch Game and will either do well or fail spectacularly. The one who sews well will prob be in top 7, but her lip sync is pretty pedestrian.

by Anonymousreply 41January 15, 2024 3:51 AM

Jane really did rip off Jimbo, though. It’s like he took notes from watching Jimbo on how to do weird stuff in order to catch Ru’s attention. I even recall Jimbo squirting mayonnaise or something on himself. I feel like at some point if he keeps it up, he’ll get called out by a judge, probably Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 42January 15, 2024 10:30 AM

No, it’s not as good as it used to be but it already seems better than the season 14 low point. Season 15 was a bit better than 14 but not by much. It’s still enjoyable enough to watch at the weekend with a glass of wine I guess. Dragula Season 5 though has been brilliant! Hopefully The Boulet Brothers can keep the level of quality up

by Anonymousreply 43January 15, 2024 11:29 AM

Well if you think about it, RPDR has been what...16 seasons? There is a finite amount of talented drag queens. With Dragula at season 5, there are fewer contestants, and probably more undiscovered talent. Niohuru X is in a class by herself, with 2 great Drag Kings as well.

by Anonymousreply 44January 15, 2024 1:44 PM

It's been said before, but nowadays the queens cast are people who started doing drag because they were fans of drag race with the goal of getting on drag race. It's a completely different type of game than the real working drag queens who were found because of this show.

by Anonymousreply 45January 15, 2024 1:53 PM

That Mugami thing is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 46January 15, 2024 2:23 PM

Cosplay queens never do well. They impress the hell out of the straight guys who want to fuck them at comicons, but they lack polish and wit because they don't need it.

by Anonymousreply 47January 15, 2024 2:26 PM

Whoever cut Russian Jimbo's hair clearly hates her as much as the rest of us

by Anonymousreply 48January 15, 2024 2:27 PM

Jimbo doesn't own any of those things R42.

by Anonymousreply 49January 15, 2024 2:45 PM

r49 no she doesn't but she brought a clown drag look to Drag Race so the comparison will be obvious.

by Anonymousreply 50January 15, 2024 2:55 PM

And her weird little act about food

by Anonymousreply 51January 15, 2024 9:48 PM

No, R49, but it’s just been done. By Jimbo. And better.

by Anonymousreply 52January 15, 2024 10:09 PM

So many damn looks doing a ball with this many queens.

But when Nymphia walked out in the look she made I gay gasped. That was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 53January 20, 2024 2:54 AM

The fact that anyone still watches this crap is disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 54January 20, 2024 2:56 AM

Get ready to feel disgusted r54

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 20, 2024 3:01 AM

I too gasped at Nymphia's dress. I liked Hershii. Sad to see her go.

by Anonymousreply 56January 20, 2024 3:33 AM

I'm predicting it right now: the winner of this year's season will be either Nymphia or Sapphira, and whoever doesn't win this time will win on a future season of All Stars.

by Anonymousreply 57January 20, 2024 1:18 PM

Q thought she had this in the bag- the look of disappointment on her! Nymphia's Angelina look was very meh, but her final look was really beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 58January 20, 2024 1:19 PM

R58 and production cut to Q every chance they could. Her moon look was ill-fitting and the other two were less impressive. The other thing I don't like about her is her nose contour. It makes her face look pinched and mildly disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 59January 20, 2024 2:17 PM

Plane randomly going after Amanda and then Plasma was such an obvious ploy for screen time. Already over her. She should have spent less time shading people and more time noticing the weird color of her tights.

by Anonymousreply 60January 20, 2024 3:30 PM

I guess Plane Jane is the one we’re being told to “hate” but really, the worst is Morphine. I can’t stand her.

by Anonymousreply 61January 20, 2024 5:37 PM

Finally watched episode three.

Too many busted queens! It's tedious.

by Anonymousreply 62January 21, 2024 2:31 PM

I like Amanda's personality and confessional. Jane can present pretty and has a good concept of proportioning but she is not that handsome out of drag and not that great of a performer.

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2024 5:50 PM

I really don't understand why anyone would want the villian edit. Do they really want to be hated, just for screen time?

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2024 6:17 PM

Plane knows she's not that talented. Being the villain is one way to guarantee more screen time and a longer stay on the show. She's already eating the season with all the attention she's getting.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2024 6:26 PM

It's hard for me to watch the contestants in drag and then see Ru, looking like a beautiful drag version of a Barbie doll. Why do the contestants (with the exception of Sapphira) look like rejects from from a local clown college? Some of their looks would have fit in well in The Greatest Showman with the bearded lady!

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2024 6:27 PM

Ru is a multimillionaire with a team of people to make sure he looks perfect r66.

You realize these queens are working on a real life budget? It's incredibly expensive to get ready to Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2024 6:29 PM

I would happily fuck Mirage.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2024 6:54 PM

I get that, R67. But why do the contestants make themselves so unattractive and more theatrical? That's what I don't get.

I'm 61+ so I remember when drag queens made themselves up to look like Judy, Barbra, Cher, etc.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2024 6:57 PM

I think at this point — after 16 seasons of this — we’re just wading through a shallow pool of contestants, talent and skill-wise.

It’s clear some of these queens are either too young and new at drag (hence, the busted makeup) or they weren’t talented enough to make it on the show sooner (hence, the busted makeup).

by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2024 7:14 PM

Ru has lost his waist. Too lazy for the corset or that IS with the corset?

by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2024 7:31 PM

Yeah, a lot of busted queens. But you also saw a lot of busted queens in past years who, with a little bit of exposure, probably became able to work more, make more money, and afford better makeup/hair/outfits. Think of how, for example, Jinx looked in her first season compared to how she looks now. So I don’t judge a lot of newer queens too harshly on their total looks knowing that a lot of it comes down to experience and money.

by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2024 10:15 PM

I haven't watched the past 10 seasons and thought I was over it. But now I'm morbidly curious to see what this demimonde has come to, a decade later. My God the deflated Michelle Visage is a shock, as is RuPaul's blocky silhouette, mentioned above. I remember Ru from back in the day when we were both tall skinny young histrionics on the New York scene. I think he looks better now than he was looking 10 years ago, however, when his face was gaunt.

by Anonymousreply 73January 23, 2024 10:24 AM

I think Ru has said "fuck it" to wearing corsets.

by Anonymousreply 74January 23, 2024 11:42 AM

Jane is tiresome

by Anonymousreply 75January 27, 2024 11:51 PM

Her drag is rough, and I thought I was going to hate her from the first episode, but I’m really starting to like Amanda Tori.

HOW is that one terrible queen landing in the bottom every week yet evading LSFYL? She’s the worst. I guess her Kermit Cher saved her this week. I didn’t think Mirage was THAT bad..but she probably would have not made it much longer so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

by Anonymousreply 76January 28, 2024 12:07 AM

I'd say without R71. Ru's 63 now. He probably saves corsets for special occasions.

by Anonymousreply 77January 28, 2024 12:13 AM

Plane will definitely have a glow up on her face after the show, her face is a bit raw now. But she'll be really stunning later. I really liked her SNL character, better than that insufferable Broadway theater Babs (why are all the theater kids like that?). As Michelle pointed out, underplaying is always better.

I fully expected Mirage to do some heel clacks to that song, but she really didn't know it at all.

by Anonymousreply 78January 28, 2024 2:03 AM

I can't stand Geneva Karr and Morphine Love Dion. Both are subpar and need to go in the next two weeks. How Geneva Karr survived this week is unfathomable. That Linsey Graham performance was the worst. In the lip synch - Mirage didn't know the words and that's not acceptable any more. Also couldn't sew.

by Anonymousreply 79January 28, 2024 2:09 AM

I liked Mirage, but not knowing any of the words to the lipsynch song is pretty much a death knell

by Anonymousreply 80January 28, 2024 2:11 AM

Agreed R80 - I liked Mirage too but the lipsynch was not acceptable. Not in season 16. He obviously thought there was no way he could be in the bottom 2. Which is why you gotta learn the words even if you know you are going to win the challenge and the week.

by Anonymousreply 81January 28, 2024 2:13 AM

They wanted Mirage to eliminate Geneva, it is flat out unprofessional that Mirage never bothered to learn the song. You could tell Ru was pissed.

by Anonymousreply 82January 28, 2024 11:15 AM

Yes I thought that too R82. Ru was pissed but couldn't swing it and eliminate Geneva.

Big mistake on Mirage's part. Like I said above - Mirage clearly thought he had no chance of being in the bottom 2 and therefore didn't learn the words.

by Anonymousreply 83January 28, 2024 11:18 AM

I can't stand Plane Jane, but I thought she deserved the win. I'm glad she didn't win though, and of course, felt she didn't deserve it when she won the first time. But then again, I thought Mhi'ya was really funny in her sketch, better than most, and yet she ended up in the bottom - supposedly because it was "all one note." If it was up to me, the third in the bottom would have been Megami who was not funny at all, and who should have lipsynced with Geneva, with Geneva going home.

by Anonymousreply 84January 28, 2024 11:39 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Dawn's makeup is hideous? It's like Crystal Method but bad.

by Anonymousreply 85January 28, 2024 12:20 PM

My final three would be Nymphia, Sapphira and Q.

by Anonymousreply 86January 28, 2024 12:28 PM

I can't stand Plane Jane (Andy Dunayevskiy) either but he's very talented, constantly surprising, well-rounded, nice looking and will be in the final three. Pity about his personality and the stupid crap he says. Hopefully it's all just bluster and an act for tv. Perhaps he's been told to do that by the show producers. Maybe his pissed off about his surname. Who knows.

The other one to watch is Nymphia Wind. I think Q is very cute.

by Anonymousreply 87January 28, 2024 12:29 PM

Drag Race: the TV show that convinced a generation of gay men that being masculine means they have internalized homophobia and that they can only be "officially" gay by sashaying down a runway in women's clothes while lip syncing to a bunch of tired old fag hag divas.

by Anonymousreply 88January 28, 2024 12:36 PM

R88, something tells me your internalized homophobia would be a major problem in your life, whether or not RPDR was on television.

I've been watching it since its inception and never once has it tried, subliminally or otherwise, to convert "masculine" guys to screaming queens.

by Anonymousreply 89January 28, 2024 12:55 PM

R88, dumbest reader in the library.

by Anonymousreply 90January 28, 2024 1:03 PM

"Don't joke about that."

by Anonymousreply 91January 28, 2024 1:29 PM

by Anonymousreply 92January 28, 2024 1:42 PM

And yet, r91 r92, you are here in this thread commenting.

by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2024 1:45 PM

r85, she's ripping off Miss Gay Matte's style, who's been doing this look for at least 8 years:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2024 1:49 PM

True, r93. But reading you guys is infinitely more fascinating that this tired, repetitive old show.

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2024 1:53 PM

Geneva seems to be a legend in her own mind. Also, I hated Q's performance in the challenge. Talk about no levels. And how much do I love that Amanda is a ghost writer for women on OnlyFans! LOL

by Anonymousreply 96January 28, 2024 3:01 PM

[quote] Drag Race: the TV show that convinced a generation of gay men that being masculine means they have internalized homophobia and that they can only be "officially" gay by sashaying down a runway in women's clothes while lip syncing to a bunch of tired old fag hag divas.

I'm sure this makes sense in your mind.

by Anonymousreply 97January 28, 2024 7:16 PM

R88 is a retard.

by Anonymousreply 98January 28, 2024 7:23 PM

The right queen went home - but there are so many extra busted drags on this season.

Geneva has got to GO!

by Anonymousreply 99January 29, 2024 4:48 PM

Ha! Plane Jane has filed a trademark registration for BURGER FINGER™. If it goes through I'll probably be sued for infringement.

by Anonymousreply 100January 31, 2024 3:46 PM

same ole, same ole

the novelty of it has expire

by Anonymousreply 101January 31, 2024 3:54 PM

Mirage wasn’t going to win the whole thing, but I’m sad we didn’t get to see her dance some more. She’s a great performer, though she basically eliminated herself.

There’s already a clear top four and soooo many lame queens still left to go.

by Anonymousreply 102January 31, 2024 4:29 PM

Yeah it seems incredibly obvious who the queens at the finale will be r102. There are a few who are clearly better than the rest, but that happens

by Anonymousreply 103January 31, 2024 4:43 PM

r102 Problem with young queens. They don't bother with the details and it is the details that win you drag race. Ru said she knew Trya Sanchez was the winner during the wedding gown challenge when she pulled her veil down after winning to walk to the back. Ru said that little detail let her know Tyra was a winner. Too bad about the bomb threat lol.

by Anonymousreply 104January 31, 2024 8:24 PM

God, I hope Jane gets read by Michelle or Ru at some point for being so derivative. Bitch needs to get taken down a few pegs.

by Anonymousreply 105January 31, 2024 10:08 PM

Still love this show. This season has lots of talent, but also queens who shouldn’t have been selected. Magami is hideous and should have been sent home immediately. Plane is a cunt who is screaming for attention, so I hope Amanda gives it to her: right between the eyes. Hated to see Mirage go home, and I’m secretly rooting for Plasma. Agree that Morphine is as bad as Plane, and twice as delusional. All she does is slap her own fake ass. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 106January 31, 2024 10:40 PM

…..and Amanda came out as trans.

by Anonymousreply 107January 31, 2024 11:41 PM

I'm sorry you Stepin Fetchits don't get that Drag Race is nothing but a minstrel show so the straights can laugh at the "fags" and say, "See, all homos want to dress in women's clothes."

by Anonymousreply 108February 1, 2024 12:19 PM

Let us know when the shuttle lands, r108.

by Anonymousreply 109February 1, 2024 6:36 PM

That was bullshit. The two worst were in the winning team!

by Anonymousreply 110February 3, 2024 5:08 PM

Here's your winner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111February 3, 2024 6:37 PM

Nah, I think Jane gets cut at 5th.

by Anonymousreply 112February 3, 2024 8:40 PM

I sure hope so r112. I can’t stand that miserable bitch!

by Anonymousreply 113February 3, 2024 8:50 PM

I think the judges got the winning group right r110. I never would have suspected it, but they ended up being the best group.

by Anonymousreply 114February 3, 2024 9:33 PM

I’m glad Plane Jane (stupid drag name) got properly, no pun intended, dragged yesterday in the dressing room pre-runway.

by Anonymousreply 115February 3, 2024 10:52 PM

I think Plane will be in the top 3 with Nymphia and Sapphira.

by Anonymousreply 116February 4, 2024 12:38 AM

Just love them all!

by Anonymousreply 117February 4, 2024 7:12 AM

I'd sleep with one eye open if I were Nymphia and Sapphira

by Anonymousreply 118February 4, 2024 1:11 PM

I wanted Mirage to stay too. I was into the Vegas stripper stuff. I liked that the winning group this week were the underdogs with the exception of Nymphia. Amanda's drag was very dime store but she grew on me. Plane Jane is a cunt but we need some tension and she's quite handsome out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 119February 4, 2024 1:34 PM

Apparently Amanda has been doing drag for 2 years, so it's evident. Her makeup on Kinky Boots was way better than what she does, because it was designed by someone else. She genuinely looks like a contestant on the Oz version of RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 120February 4, 2024 2:21 PM

Amanda was hot in her college years. Muscled and blonde.

by Anonymousreply 121February 4, 2024 3:10 PM

Well she has come out as trans, which makes sense when you see how much she changed her look from when she used to look more masc.

by Anonymousreply 122February 5, 2024 3:14 PM

Meeting is canceled, go to your workout class.

by Anonymousreply 123February 5, 2024 3:49 PM

Bitch Jane looked satisfied. I thought Q would go, though, based on her clunky dance moves.

by Anonymousreply 124February 5, 2024 4:46 PM

Wow, no comments from this week's show. Is ANYONE watching?

by Anonymousreply 125February 11, 2024 11:30 AM

Probably just a rehash of the same numbered episode from any of the previous 327,649 seasons.

by Anonymousreply 126February 11, 2024 11:31 AM

UK vs the World is already so much better.

by Anonymousreply 127February 11, 2024 2:42 PM

Meh. I was expecting Law to read dem bitches. The best line was you got danny devito legs.

by Anonymousreply 128February 11, 2024 2:50 PM

Law confirmed he is a cunt.

These girls seem lie a bunch of ragamuffins with no beauty among them.

Plane Jane is entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 129February 11, 2024 2:53 PM

Honestly, the show does not even know its strengths. They never should have let Amanda go. Geneva Carr and Mya needed to go before Amanda. The Jane/Amanda feud was the entertainment of the show. They should have at least kept her to mid-season, even done a few bits about Morphine showing her how to paint blah blah blah. Mya we get it you flip. You still look like a linebacker in drag. Q is a one-trick pony. I make great looks. So did Ivy Winters but she was boring as shit. Guess what. So is Q. Nymphia is somewhat interesting but the bananas thing is getting old. It's like the producers stopped producing a narrative like they would do before and all the queens except for Jane are afraid to say shit for fear of the fans coming for them.

by Anonymousreply 130February 11, 2024 3:04 PM

At least the right ones are going home - although Geneva should have left sooner.

I'm sorry but Mugami is ugly in and out of drag - poor thing.

And the manufactured drama is too fake to be entertaining.

I kind of like Dawn and Saphira.......

by Anonymousreply 131February 11, 2024 3:08 PM

I've NEVER thought this about a drag queen before, but I think Plain Jane is a hot guy.

Mya or whatever the fuck that beast with the braces and horrible makeup is called needs to go. That outfit on the runway was one of the worst I've ever seen, including that PLASTIC BREASTPLATE. Which that freak with too-white teeth praised.

by Anonymousreply 132February 11, 2024 4:48 PM

Plane Jane is physically attractive out of drag but his miserable cunt personality makes him ugly as shit. Unfortunately the judges seem to like her.

by Anonymousreply 133February 11, 2024 7:13 PM

Plane Jane got to go onstage with Madonna as a featured guest. They are both grade A cunts so I’m not surprised Madonna likes her.

by Anonymousreply 134February 11, 2024 8:44 PM

Where can I see UK vs The World?

by Anonymousreply 135February 12, 2024 2:00 AM

Agree that Amanda should’ve stuck around longer if only for the drama.

She also was the best “narrator” in the interviews and seemed genuinely fun. She’s the only queen this a season I’d pay to go see, messiness and all.

by Anonymousreply 136February 12, 2024 2:06 AM

Plane Jane is rodent like from many angles.

by Anonymousreply 137February 12, 2024 2:21 AM

Particularly in her behavior, R137.

by Anonymousreply 138February 12, 2024 2:25 AM

Plane Jane is Russian. It's all you need to know

by Anonymousreply 139February 12, 2024 2:32 AM

Especially if she grew up in a Russian enclave. I wouldn’t trust her in the slightest. She will lie, cheat, and steal her way to the final.

by Anonymousreply 140February 12, 2024 3:04 AM

Big mistake cutting Amanda Tori so soon. HUGE.

by Anonymousreply 141February 12, 2024 3:13 AM

At the very least, Megami… Geneva… the one who flips… and Xunami should’ve been gone before Amanda

by Anonymousreply 142February 12, 2024 3:19 AM

Agreed, r142. I don’t think Amanda really even deserved Top 5, but she’s for sure better than those queens you named. How has Mugami escaped the bottom every week? (Has she been in the bottom?)

by Anonymousreply 143February 12, 2024 3:23 AM

And how did Xunami not hit the bottom 3 in that shitty outfit she cooked up this week??

by Anonymousreply 144February 12, 2024 3:24 AM

Now it’s the bottom of the bottoms battling it out to try and stay another week. Flipper is low rung.

by Anonymousreply 145February 12, 2024 3:57 AM

Amanda out of drag is HOMELY!

by Anonymousreply 146February 12, 2024 2:12 PM

r135, currently on the WOW Present Plus. I think it's worth it, as it has all the other countries Drag Races (Thailand, France, italia Espana, Belgique, UK, Canada, and Australia, UK vs the World, and Canada vs The World), with the exception of both seasons of Thailand. Also has a great miniseries with Pangina, with a meh miniseries with Jimbo.

by Anonymousreply 147February 12, 2024 2:19 PM

r146 uhhhh

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 12, 2024 3:36 PM

R148 what a fucking shame! He was so hot before he turned trans.

Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 149February 12, 2024 3:57 PM

Oh wow. Shoulda stayed a dude.

by Anonymousreply 150February 12, 2024 4:11 PM

Bye, Booger.

by Anonymousreply 151February 17, 2024 1:56 AM

Still should have kept Amanda. She would have been a riot in this.

by Anonymousreply 152February 17, 2024 1:59 AM

Amanda was lucky she made it as long as she did, she would have been eliminated very soon either way. She even admits it was probably good she got eliminated before they had the design challenge with Law Roach, she would have gotten killed that episode.

by Anonymousreply 153February 17, 2024 4:50 PM

That lead of the musical has ZERO star appeal. He doesn't have "IT"

by Anonymousreply 154February 18, 2024 1:14 AM

I liked Amanda ok. She could have hung on another episode of two but girl, please. Her makeup is Halloween costume amateur level. The mid range to go next are Mhi'ya Iman, I don't think Xunami is making much of an impression, and Morphine.

by Anonymousreply 155February 18, 2024 1:25 AM

Perhaps now is a good time to say I do not like Dawn very much. She's cute and fun or whatever. IDK, guys, I'm not feeling it. Being from NY, it's a little too "Brooklyn" for me. And by that I mean quirky but why. Art school shit. She's diet Willow Pill. Doesn't have the oddity of Yvie. Doesn't have the talent of Sasha Velour. Dawn is very good in the grand scheme of things but.. IDK. Her looks and makeup are very polished but I'm not feeling a passion or real drive like some of the other names I mentioned. It's like she's a character at a comiccon. She lacks any feel for the femaleness of it all.. the tradition of being a queen.

by Anonymousreply 156February 18, 2024 1:33 AM

I'd rather have Dawn than that insufferable Plasma. What is it about theatre queens that makes them so unlikable? Is it the "pick me" or "I'm the central character" attitude?

by Anonymousreply 157February 18, 2024 1:47 AM

Plasma is taking it all a little too seriously in that way. I'm sure it's very hard to do all this but it's not completely a winning look. It's not really how the winner is. This might be her peak episode. I think Q, Plane and Sapphira are more likely in the last rounds.

by Anonymousreply 158February 18, 2024 2:18 AM

This is the season of the average run of the mill queen with no real standouts. They all are pretty forgettable. There’s also been no good lip sync the entire season.

by Anonymousreply 159February 18, 2024 2:45 AM

[quote]Long gone are the times when we could just rip an episode to shreds because it bored us, alas. There are too many stans, too many people invoking identity politics, and the contestants have so much social media clout now that it’s not worth all the pouting, accusations and drama that ensues if one wants to just ask the simple question “Is it us or is this all sucking?”

[quote]. . from where we’re sitting at least, so far there hasn’t been one iconic performance, hilarious line delivery, or epic lip sync all season. It’s even been somewhat light in the sickening looks department. And the one drama-providing villain in the group is far too aware of the tropes and winking to the camera a bit too much for anyone to get worked up over her shenanigans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160February 18, 2024 9:25 AM

Well so far - what an unlikable bunch they all are. I can't stand most of them. So much whining. But I'm starting to really like Plane Jane now he's settled down. There are a few below average queens still in it. I'm not barracking for any of them at this point. I'm also watching the UK and the world UK show which has 2 episodes out so far. It's good.

by Anonymousreply 161February 18, 2024 10:18 AM

As theater queens go, Plasma is pretty mild. Sure, a little too intense, a little too self-important, but she isn't getting on my nerves like some of her predecessors.

by Anonymousreply 162February 18, 2024 10:57 AM

R162 you called?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163February 18, 2024 1:13 PM

I actually Loved Mhi'ya's lipsync, though I wished they had shown her slide from the front. I also thought she shouldn't have been in the bottom that first time, when I thought she was very funny. But other than that, she's pretty bad. And why did Dawn black out her teeth for the Rusical? But I thnk the whole concept for the Rusical these days is stupid. They used to at least record their parts or sing live. Now it's all pretty lame. So who cares who gets it. Was Plasma really better than the others? Doesn't it have as much to do with who is actually voicing the parts? Meh.

by Anonymousreply 164February 18, 2024 1:14 PM

I predict it will be a pretty dire Snatch Game this season. Jane might be able to okay, but I don’t think any of them have any sort of comic timing.

by Anonymousreply 165February 18, 2024 1:36 PM

Dawn is just doing elf fantasy dress up and I am not here for it. Plasma is just unlikeable. She's like that kid at the holidays who makes everyone watch her put on a show.

by Anonymousreply 166February 18, 2024 1:54 PM

Q was massively overpraised in the Rusical. All she did was mouth words while walking back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 167February 18, 2024 2:21 PM

Agreed R167. I'm sick to death of her whining and complaining about how hard done by she is.

by Anonymousreply 168February 18, 2024 2:22 PM

I was hoping for a double elimination.

by Anonymousreply 169February 18, 2024 2:29 PM

Remember kids, we're in Season 16, so we're pretty much plundering the bottom of the barrel- the younger queens are social media and not performance based. The rest of the world has fewer seasons with undiscovered talent, so their shows tend to be better.

by Anonymousreply 170February 18, 2024 2:39 PM

I will give props to Megami. "WHAT COREO?"

by Anonymousreply 171February 18, 2024 2:45 PM

Ooh, R165 - I can’t wait for the cringe Snatch Game this season. Guaranteed cringe. Younger queens often don’t get the point of being satirical or a caricature.

by Anonymousreply 172February 18, 2024 2:54 PM

That Tom and Lorenzo article summed my feelings up perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 173February 18, 2024 3:01 PM

The UK queens are where it's at for me. Much more charming, well educated, and fun.

by Anonymousreply 174February 18, 2024 3:04 PM

r174, if La Grande Dame doesn't win, it'll be a Pangina situation again.

by Anonymousreply 175February 18, 2024 3:11 PM

Coloring within the lines from that article makes sense. The Snatch Game will not be good. Maybe they should pull the plug in a season or two and completely overhaul the whole concept. Trying to think what a new direction could be... something more about live performance or touring? Squid games? Something more documentary about getting started in drag? I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 176February 18, 2024 4:47 PM

The US queen are pretty dull, huh? Nymphia is trying to be entertaining. Perhaps there's not enough Cleverness.

by Anonymousreply 177February 18, 2024 4:55 PM

The show is still popular, right? They will run the same format into the ground.

by Anonymousreply 178February 18, 2024 4:56 PM

Then a spinoff. Something completely new for the allstars to chew on.

You're right, it'll go till the wheels fall off.

by Anonymousreply 179February 18, 2024 4:58 PM

They should revamp Drag U and make it a competition. Three former RPdR stars serve as coaches and pick their team as the voice based on performance or something Then they compete in various themed runways through out the season with the bottom two lipsynching but the viewers vote and then the loser is kicked off the next week. Then the one winner can appear on RPDR the next season.

by Anonymousreply 180February 21, 2024 12:22 AM

There is a flatness to this season.

by Anonymousreply 181February 21, 2024 12:58 AM

Thanks for noticing me R181.

by Anonymousreply 182February 23, 2024 1:42 PM

I wonder how quickly Me-again McCain called her lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 183February 24, 2024 1:27 AM

Told ya in episode one who will win.

by Anonymousreply 184February 24, 2024 1:28 AM

I’m actually enjoying this season but it was clear in the reading challenge that none of these queens are clever enough to deliver a great Snatch Game.

Not a Jinx or Bianca in the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 185February 24, 2024 5:43 AM

They all seem like mental patients and the drag is their daily activity.

by Anonymousreply 186February 24, 2024 5:47 AM

That was not good.

by Anonymousreply 187February 24, 2024 11:17 AM

Oh no, was it bad? I saw the reading challenge on YouTube and it was one of the worst. I was disappointed in Nymphia and Sapphira. They gave Sapphira one joke on the show meaning hers were most likely terrible. Xunami was more crude than funny. Ru looked disappointed. If that’s the reading challenge I can only imagine how bad Snatch was.

by Anonymousreply 188February 24, 2024 12:03 PM

After all these years, there’s NO excuse for anyone to come half ass to Snatch Game. SMH

by Anonymousreply 189February 24, 2024 1:31 PM

Well, there is the excuse that these are a bunch of untalented hacks.

by Anonymousreply 190February 24, 2024 1:32 PM

I honestly think most queens try for a celeb impersonation that will make them safe. Dawn could have taken Megan to the full tilt crazy but she played her low key. Q? I just don't get doing Ameilia Aerhardt, don't even get started on the gold tooth fairy. Sepheria should have won for James Brown.

by Anonymousreply 191February 24, 2024 2:01 PM

I fell asleep so I'll watch OnDemand.......but with the comments so far, I am not optimistic.

by Anonymousreply 192February 24, 2024 2:04 PM

I think Sapphira could have won that one. Plane Jane didn't hardly dance for the runway.

by Anonymousreply 193February 24, 2024 2:58 PM

I hate Plane Jane, but even I have to admit she was the best. Sorry, but Dawn was much worse than Morphine, and should have been lipsyncing for that. And other than holding a martini glass as if she was Joanne in Company, that was the worst Patti Lupone ever. Plazma sucked. (But wasn't as bad as most of the others, which tells you how truly awful the whole thing was.)

by Anonymousreply 194February 24, 2024 3:23 PM

The fact that Plane won for that rather boring, Serbian whatever just underscores how dire this season is. The tooth fairy could have been funny is Xunami had made her money hungry or something. Dawn totally missed that all Megan does is talk about her father. Not sure why Plasma didn't lean in on Patti being a total bitch. What a sad bunch.

by Anonymousreply 195February 24, 2024 3:31 PM

Even Anna Delvey you could have done something like switch up fake accents from German to French to British, etc. to play on the running joke that her accent keeps changing. A lot of these queens lack imagination in addition to talent.

by Anonymousreply 196February 24, 2024 5:22 PM

Oh my......well now we know what we're dealing with for sure.

I don't think there is anything else they can do that can make the rest of the season interesting, entertaining,, or watchable......

Dawn should definitely have been in the bottom two - her game playing AND runway look were both sorely lacking.

by Anonymousreply 197February 24, 2024 5:40 PM

RIP RuPaul's Drag Race.

Now, sashay away.

by Anonymousreply 198February 24, 2024 6:17 PM

I don’t get Dawn at all. He’s like Williamsburg 15 years ago. I’ll be perfectly fine when he goes, sooner rather than later.

Plane did well. Sapphira was okay. Plasma was fine. Q was, I don’t know, there I guess. I kind of thought what Nymphia was doing was brilliant, but Ru hated it, and that pretty much shut down her shot at winning the whole thing. I’m tired of everyone else. We can fast forward to the final four.

by Anonymousreply 199February 25, 2024 2:33 AM

This episode revealed that none of these queens have what it takes.

At least the shy queen with braces has her flips. At this point last year, we already knew Anetra and Sasha were lip syncers who could sell tickets.

Like Willow’s season, there will be winner… but no star.

by Anonymousreply 200February 25, 2024 2:52 AM

It's crystal clear that Plane Jane is going to be the winner.

by Anonymousreply 201February 25, 2024 4:21 AM

R184 - who did you say it would be?

by Anonymousreply 202February 25, 2024 4:57 AM

This show has given me great pleasure over the years, but for a long time now I've been enjoying it less and less with each new season. Part of the reason is that the show is so damn formulaic, and things that once felt fresh now seem old and tired. These challenges have been driven into the ground and you rarely see contestants do things with them that haven't been done much better before.

But an even bigger factor, I think, is that I'm enjoying the queens less and less. Each season I ask myself, would I pay to see any of these queens perform? And this year, as in too many recent seasons, the answer is no.

The earlier seasons featured some outstanding queens who are great live performers. But I can't imagine paying money to see any of this season's queens. None of them have the kind of wit, charisma, and performing chops you see in a great drag queen. Q and Nymphia have come up with some stunning lewks, but when drag becomes little more than a fashion show it gets very boring very fast.

Maybe the pool of drag talent out there just isn't that deep, or maybe the newer generation of drag queens are so terrified of giving offense that they're a lot more safe and boring. Whatever the reason, I'm sad that this show has become a shell of its former self.

by Anonymousreply 203February 25, 2024 6:20 AM

Xunami Muse lost me when she claimed to be allied with horrendous, untalented, and vicious Kandy Muse.

by Anonymousreply 204February 25, 2024 2:32 PM

Snatch Game is a hard challenge. Pretty much every season it's only a few girls who do good job at it while most people suck.

Yeah every year people act surprised that most of the Snatch Games are not good.

by Anonymousreply 205February 25, 2024 2:53 PM

Sapphira and Plane Jane are easily the most talented two queens this season. I know people love Nymphia, but she isn't nearly as well rounded as those two.

by Anonymousreply 206February 25, 2024 2:55 PM

Top 3 Sapphira, Plane, Q

by Anonymousreply 207February 25, 2024 2:57 PM

If you know you’re going to be on Drag Race, learn how to sew and for FUCK’S sake, watch Match Game and figure it out. Anna? The gold tooth fairy?! JANE GOODALL???!!!

Nymphia is nothing. How the fuck is Dawn still there?!? She talked about Plasma is just shtick shtick shtick, but her fucking elf look isn’t??? Q’s out of control narcissism is, well, out of control.

by Anonymousreply 208February 25, 2024 3:08 PM

The show is desperately trying to push Q as some great performer. She just isn't. She has nice looks and that's the end of the story with her.

by Anonymousreply 209February 25, 2024 4:05 PM

Season 15 had some great performers and/or personalities: Sasha, Anetra, Luxx, Mistress, Loosey, Marsha and Jax.

Season 16 has Plane and Sapphira, and then a bunch of lesser trolls.

by Anonymousreply 210February 25, 2024 4:10 PM

Completely agree r209. Q is a very talented seamstress who can whip up some great looks, give her all the credit there.

Outside of that I remain unimpressed. Didn't think her stonewall brick character was funny no matter what the judges tried to say.

by Anonymousreply 211February 25, 2024 4:11 PM

They're treading lightly with Dawn because they'll get death threats from gen z and tween girls for criticizing her.

by Anonymousreply 212February 25, 2024 4:16 PM

I wish she'd skewered Megan McCain with a fatsuit, dumb donut braid hairstyle and giant boob plate. So much material there.

by Anonymousreply 213February 25, 2024 4:25 PM

The Snatch Game was unusually joyless. Possibly an all time worst Snatch Game.

by Anonymousreply 214February 25, 2024 4:29 PM

I know, R213, if I hadn’t been told she was doing Mooghan, I’d have never guessed it. So much material from her dad to threatening to sue anyone for looking at her sideways. And the Heidi braids and petulant look - how can you blow it?

by Anonymousreply 215February 25, 2024 4:34 PM

r203 I agree with pretty much everything you said. I think the talent is certainly out there, but production is not finding or casting the right people. They are casting too many "looks queens" who exist mostly on Instagram. Have you watched Canada's Drag Race? I really enjoyed the last few seasons. There's a scrappiness and energy I appreciate, it reminds me of earlier US seasons.

by Anonymousreply 216February 25, 2024 4:39 PM

It seems like a no-brainer that if you’re doing LuPone on snatch game, you’re working in increasingly bellicose attacks on Andrew Lloyd Webber as part of your answers, treat every time RuPaul addresses you as a chance to give aggrieved Tony Award acceptance speeches about the lack of respect you’ve been shown in your own lifetime as an artist and scream at the first person who brings out a cellphone.

The whole point of Megan McCain isn’t that she’s some firebrand alt right Blonde ideologue, it’s that she’s the dumb messy forever-sorority girl version of Will Ferrell’s Dubya. And, yes, you need to play her as “big”, the fact that she obviously a good time girl who orders queso and chips and a pitcher of margaritas after getting stood up is a key part of her vibe!

by Anonymousreply 217February 25, 2024 5:27 PM

I can’t tell if Plane would throw a mean fuck or be uptight sexually and not want to be touched.

by Anonymousreply 218February 25, 2024 5:38 PM

Plasma’s Patti was dismal. He wears the same wig for every look, too. At least get a bobbed wig is you’re going to play Patti. At this point, I wouldn’t begrudge Plane winning. He’s a lot more talented than the others, except for Sapphira, who I’d rather see win.

by Anonymousreply 219February 25, 2024 7:10 PM

I'm sick of the Rusicals

by Anonymousreply 220February 25, 2024 8:53 PM

James Brown was better than Plain Jane yet they all blew their loads on Plain. Ru clearly laughed more at James Brown.

by Anonymousreply 221February 25, 2024 10:41 PM

Q is nasty. When anyone criticizes her on Twitter she goes full Plane Jane, makes fun of their looks, and just burns them down unnecessarily.

by Anonymousreply 222February 25, 2024 11:38 PM

Plane did a different drag tv show before Drag Race (it’s on YouTube). On one episode she says she had a 2 year relationship with a married man who had a kid, but then he moved back to Saudi Arabia. Keep it classy, Plane.

by Anonymousreply 223February 26, 2024 3:32 AM

I'm surprised no one has done Meghan Markle yet.

by Anonymousreply 224February 26, 2024 4:35 AM

R224 that would have been perfect for Nymphia Wind !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225February 27, 2024 8:43 AM

Q has had a full on meth meltdown (and not in a fun way) on Twitter the past few days, and she has revealed herself to be a completely illiterate moron who screams at fans. I’m surprised the producers haven’t stepped in. We’re not even in the back half of the episodes. I’m assuming that the meltdown is coming from not being in the finale, but who knows.

by Anonymousreply 226February 27, 2024 11:16 AM

As soon as I saw her insane Twitter ranting I figured Q does not make the finale R226. If you were still hoping the production would crown you, then you would not be showing your ass like that.

by Anonymousreply 227February 27, 2024 11:32 AM

Q doesn’t deserve to be in the top 3. Bitch can’t even dance.

by Anonymousreply 228February 27, 2024 1:41 PM

I am going to say Nymphia's top 3? Other than her bad snatch game she has been doing very well. She won that girl group challenge for the fatties. She has a point of view (as lame as the banana thing is) and her runways are flawless. Q is just like Ivy Winters. Good at making drag, but not so great at doing drag. Lewks are one thing but if you look like a dancing 2x4 when you perform, you are not the one.

by Anonymousreply 229February 27, 2024 2:28 PM

ok, it could be Nymphia top 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230February 27, 2024 2:50 PM

So tired of Flipper.

by Anonymousreply 231March 2, 2024 2:24 AM

Plasma looked horrible. Her nose contour is the worst.

by Anonymousreply 232March 2, 2024 6:59 AM

Oh God, they’re doing another musical episode next week. Those are my least favorites.

by Anonymousreply 233March 2, 2024 7:45 AM

Mustii, one of the permanent judges on Drag Race Belgique, is representing Belgium at Eurovision this year and his song is one of the best of the bunch. It's a weak year, though.

Nice abs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 2, 2024 11:51 AM

It really wasn’t fair who got sent packing this week. There are at least 2-3 worse queens who should have gone before her. I guess they’re all going to go before the top 2, but still.

by Anonymousreply 235March 2, 2024 1:44 PM

Plasma looked like hell and the flipping girl mopped the floor with her in the lipsync. I like Plasma but not sure she has the personality to pull it all off. They set the stage for her exit with the stuff about how she needs to change up her looks.

by Anonymousreply 236March 2, 2024 2:25 PM

Flipper should have been disqualified for letting someone else sew her outfit...how is that fair?

Plasma was going to go anyway - so this week was as good as any. BUT Flipper really needs to be sent packing....everything else she does is abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 237March 2, 2024 2:32 PM

Yeah, that’s why I think Flipper should have gone. However, it’s smart of Saffire for helping her because it keeps duds like Flipper around longer. This is the second week in a row where two of the better mediocre queens were sent packing. It probably somewhat makes better queens nervous - one off week and you could be going. That being said, I didn’t hate Plasma’s look and I’m not sure why the judges didn’t at least give her credit for not doing zombie Lizha. She could have played it up more, but I struggled to see how someone like Saffire had a more gothic look.

by Anonymousreply 238March 2, 2024 3:03 PM

This is a consistently joyless season. Can't put my finger on it exactly but it comes down to not just the contestants, but their chemistry. And this season the chemistry is off. It's not a group I'm drawn to, it just doesn't seem fun or even interesting.

by Anonymousreply 239March 2, 2024 3:07 PM

Theater queens are always doomed, but I'm surprised that Plasma went this early. I thought she did well enough in the lipsynch to warrant a save. Three times in the bottom should be enough to get someone booted. The Flipper is just so mediocre in every aspect of this show.

by Anonymousreply 240March 2, 2024 3:32 PM

I really liked Dawn’s and Nymphia’s outfits, and Q’s was really Neo, but I wouldn’t say it’s Goth, it’s more Club Kid. Poor Plasma, to be sent home by a very mediocre queen. I love that the guests clap back against Michelle's critiques.

by Anonymousreply 241March 2, 2024 3:49 PM

So anyone going up against Flipper will automatically be thrown off no matter how could they lip sync. RuPaul should just say "Flip For Life" since that's what really matters.

by Anonymousreply 242March 2, 2024 5:48 PM

Can anyone beat Mhi’ya in a lipsync? Is it just going to be a parade of queens dropping to her in the bottom two? It’s ridiculous that Plasma had two wins and was sent home. It looks like Mhi’ya will just lipsync her way to the finale.

I’d like to point out too that I find Q and Dawn to be far more obnoxious and cunty than Plane, especially Dawn who’s a little bitch and hasn’t won a single challenge yet. Making fun of Nymphia’s Snatch Game while hers was ten times worse and completely funny. At least Nymphia brought something weird to the table. Dawn did nothing but suck. Her latest gown was drab, and the chandelier has been done before. She’s got a BIG mouth on her with very little to back it up. I’m hoping she’s out soon, possibly next episode. Q is a deranged illiterate cunt on Twitter, and I don’t find her any more charming on the show. Her latest dress was no more impressive than Nymphia’s, the hair was stupid, and her Snatch game was dull and is already forgotten.

This is a sour mess of a season. These bitches need to pull their shit together.

by Anonymousreply 243March 3, 2024 12:48 PM

Dawn will be top 3. They're really trying to cater to the kids. They've been totally hands off in judging Dawn.

by Anonymousreply 244March 3, 2024 2:23 PM

I feel bad for Miya because the longer she stays, the more people will hate her. And her lipsyncs aren't that amazing. I don't want to see her poorly pantyhosed legs writhing like a beetle on its back

by Anonymousreply 245March 3, 2024 2:45 PM

Dawn is no Crystal Methyd. I think it'll be Nymphia, Sapphira, and Plane.

by Anonymousreply 246March 3, 2024 2:53 PM

Sapphira checks all the boxes, but something is missing. Maybe charisma?

I’m fine with Mhi’ya sticking around. At least she’s entertaining in the lip syncs.

by Anonymousreply 247March 3, 2024 3:00 PM

Nymphia, Sapphira, and Plane and maybe Q

by Anonymousreply 248March 3, 2024 3:49 PM

Q has great looks but zero charisma

by Anonymousreply 249March 3, 2024 4:07 PM

The thing about Miya's flipping is yeah he can do it but he sure as shit doesn't do it well. He's all over the place but it's like watching a car wreck, yeah you shouldn't watch it but you can't help it.

by Anonymousreply 250March 3, 2024 4:11 PM

The more time rolls on, the more I dislike Q and Dawn. I like Nymphia. But she needs to take some time now building up the comedy skills. I was trying to think of who Plasma reminded me of, and it hit me - Loosey. Both think a little too highly of their skills and lacking a bit of humility, but I was surprised that Dawn and Plane so easily got in Plasma’s head - I don’t think Loosey would have fallen for it.

by Anonymousreply 251March 3, 2024 4:12 PM

Miya has said she didn't take gymnastics as a kid or anything, she just started flipping.

Cue the one flip she does improperly that leaves her a quadriplegic.

by Anonymousreply 252March 3, 2024 4:12 PM

I know. I feel that coming and wonder how many times she's landed on her head already. I know the bendy queen with Ehlers Danos shouldn't have been bending like that, but the flipper fills me with the same dread

by Anonymousreply 253March 3, 2024 4:15 PM

Christ. Yvie Oddly. Don't get covid kiddies, it chews your brains up

by Anonymousreply 254March 3, 2024 4:16 PM

[quote]yeah you shouldn't watch it but you can't help it

Oh yes I can.

by Anonymousreply 255March 3, 2024 4:29 PM

Flipper winning 3 lip syncs just shows how weak overall the cast is.

by Anonymousreply 256March 3, 2024 4:58 PM

Equating Plasma with Loosey is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 257March 3, 2024 5:00 PM

I think they should have "special" seasons where they have all the same type of queen: all fashion queens and each challenge is a fashion challenge a la Project Runway; comedy queens, "space alien" queens, fishy queens, etc. They could even do it as an All Stars, they certainly have enough to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 258March 3, 2024 5:02 PM

That would require them to come up with new challenges and no way are they doing that

by Anonymousreply 259March 3, 2024 5:03 PM

The fishy queens season challenges could be convincingly fooling straight guys to fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 260March 3, 2024 5:34 PM

Ooh, Plane. She’d have been a bottom this week. And she goes and gives her potion away to someone who was objectively better than her this week. It could have been a really stupid move.

by Anonymousreply 261March 9, 2024 1:35 PM

Very cocky of her, but if worked out for her in the end. Which means next week 2 people go home.

by Anonymousreply 262March 9, 2024 1:41 PM

Let it be Morphine and flipper

by Anonymousreply 263March 9, 2024 2:39 PM

The promo seems to promise that Jane calls out idiot Dawn on her "clown" makeup.....

For me, both of them can go home ANYTIME....along with Ma'yah or however the hell she spells it......

by Anonymousreply 264March 9, 2024 4:04 PM

Morphine doesn't bother me nearly as much as one-trick heifer Flipper. 0utside of Sapphira, this entire cast has been pretty drab.

by Anonymousreply 265March 9, 2024 4:07 PM

The Plane-Nymphia-No lip sync for your life seems as manufactured as Bosco winning the golden ticket in the chocolate bar: produced to save favorites, honey.

by Anonymousreply 266March 9, 2024 4:10 PM

It would have been much “gaggier” for Plane Jane give the immunity potion to the queen who was objectively the best this week, Sapphira. A shady, cunty, fuck you to her sisters!

by Anonymousreply 267March 9, 2024 5:03 PM

Morphine in the top was…. a choice.

by Anonymousreply 268March 9, 2024 5:04 PM

Um…

My guess is the producers are very aware the lip syncs have been HORRIBLE this season and thought, “let’s make the top two lip sync!”

Problem is — Sapphira is devoid of charisma and Morphine is…

by Anonymousreply 269March 9, 2024 9:20 PM

Why does Morphine not wear a corset? She gives no woman in her shape. Okay you have a bbl it does not hide your fat gut and boy body. The flipper should have been gone a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 270March 9, 2024 11:45 PM

Mirage and Amanda deserved to last longer than Flipper.

Social media says so.

by Anonymousreply 271March 9, 2024 11:48 PM

They had to spare Flipper yet another lip-sync. Flipper and Morphine were artificially buoyed into next week so we can pretend like someone, or anyone, else is at immediate risk of elimination.

by Anonymousreply 272March 10, 2024 12:37 AM

Obviously it was going to be Nymphia who would have been sent home this week and it would have been deserved. I can't stand her. I can't stand the way she talks and her demeanour. Gross.

Also cant stand Q who has turned out to be quite an unpleasant person and a huge whiner. The sooner both of them go home the better.

by Anonymousreply 273March 10, 2024 1:11 AM

[quote]Why does Morphine not wear a corset?

I thought this exact same thing. She is straight up and down and her midsection looked like two pigs fighting under a blanket as Clairee would say.

by Anonymousreply 274March 10, 2024 1:16 AM

I miss Plasma

by Anonymousreply 275March 10, 2024 1:23 AM

Watch Plasma’s “Hey Kween” and Michelle exit interview, r275.

You’ll be good on Plasma for life.

by Anonymousreply 276March 10, 2024 1:51 AM

Ha. Is it bad?

by Anonymousreply 277March 10, 2024 1:57 AM

I AM PLASMA'S BIGGEST FAN!

by Anonymousreply 278March 10, 2024 2:14 AM

I miss the days when MIchelle would read queens for not corseting.

by Anonymousreply 279March 10, 2024 2:53 AM

Can’t “fat shame” anyone anymore.

Also — I’m sure RuPaul recoils at all the flat-chested queens she has to praise nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 280March 10, 2024 3:14 AM

Rumor has it that one of the queens who was sent home will return. I won't say who it is but if you Google around you can find it easily enough.

by Anonymousreply 281March 10, 2024 4:33 AM

It's Juju Bee

by Anonymousreply 282March 10, 2024 1:38 PM

Gotta be Plasma, you don't win your Rusical one week and get thrown the next. It's all fake drama. And Plasma is terrible at make-up. He never looked like a female.

by Anonymousreply 283March 10, 2024 4:12 PM

So they're just going to let Dawn skate through all season. Her laundry list of psych issues was missing "narcissistic personality disorder".

by Anonymousreply 284March 10, 2024 4:16 PM

I despise drag like Dawn's.

by Anonymousreply 285March 10, 2024 4:18 PM

Maybe it'll be the heel clacker.

by Anonymousreply 286March 10, 2024 4:18 PM

I can’t stand Dawn R284x She uses all of those diagnoses like every Gen Z to be a raging cunt to people’s faces, and she’s not fucking funny. Can’t wait until she’s gone, along with Q. I’d take Mhi’ya and Morphine easily over either of them.

by Anonymousreply 287March 10, 2024 4:24 PM

It's hard for me to enjoy the show when I'm not rooting for anyone. Sapphira seems to be the front runner, and I wouldn't be mad if she won, but her world-weary demeanor makes it hard to cheer her on. A lot of people seem to be enjoying the emphasis on shade this year and say that Plane is the only interesting thing this season, but I find it all boring. There's no wit and little affection in their reads, which is just meanness. All the queens I found enjoyable were early outs (Hershii, Mirage, Amanda).

I don't follow social media so I can't speak to Q's behavior, but if she's behaving like a deranged lunatic she's in good company. These children who obsess over the show are historically psychotic and dreadful to the contestants. They deserve each other. Q should really consider retiring from the stage and becoming a designer for other queens; it would be quite lucrative and she'd probably be happier.

by Anonymousreply 288March 10, 2024 8:37 PM

Q should really consider retiring.

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 289March 10, 2024 8:58 PM

r288, apparently she was having meltdowns on the socials, blocking people and such.

by Anonymousreply 290March 10, 2024 11:51 PM

Here was a typical Q exchange. FAN: I thought Q was just okay this episode. Q: YOU FAT FUCKING LOSER YOU SHOULD DIE IN YOUR MOM'S BASEMENT OF THE AIDS I AM SURE YOU GOT FROM SUCKING HOMELESS MEN'S COCKS UNDER A BRIDGE YOU TALENTLESS FAT FUCKING LOSER...DID I CALL YOU FAT FUCKING LOSER?

by Anonymousreply 291March 11, 2024 1:43 AM

The entire pack is second tier and down. No personalities, intelligence, humor and skill that can work with the tired routine of the show. Everybody's missing something, and it's all edited with a blender set to puree.

by Anonymousreply 292March 11, 2024 3:11 AM

By far the most distracting thing was Q’s makeup for the performance. She looked more like crazy Michael Jackson than Thorgy did for Snatch Game. Q May be a stellar seamstress, but the girl needs to be begging Morphine to show her how to paint a mug.

by Anonymousreply 293March 11, 2024 5:05 AM

The Hat with the pant suit was terrible. It was ill-fitting, and the pants were not tailored correctly. It looked like a bad toilet paper roll cover.

by Anonymousreply 294March 11, 2024 11:42 PM

Sapphira is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the bunch.

by Anonymousreply 295March 12, 2024 3:48 AM

Q is so low IQ she is missing an I.

by Anonymousreply 296March 12, 2024 7:14 AM

R291 - have you got a screenshot of that?

by Anonymousreply 297March 12, 2024 10:32 AM

r297 I didn't mean that was a real exchange. I meant that is how they go with Q. Why she shut down all her SM

by Anonymousreply 298March 12, 2024 3:07 PM

And we know what Head & Shoulders is used for.

by Anonymousreply 299March 12, 2024 4:37 PM

I liked Q and Dawn earlier in the season but can't stand them now.

They both have horrible personalities and are bigger cunts than Plane. Like others have said upthread, Dawn has a BIG mouth for someone who hasn't won a main challenge & Q is nothing without her designs/ I saw her twitter meltdowns, she's a real piece of shit. Q should just be a fashion designer & have more beautiful, charismatic, interesting people wear her designs.

Morphine has always been mid so I've never cared for her. She's just good makeup, which I'll admit I like but it's not enough.

I've been a Plane stan since day one and hope she wins the damn thing. The cracks are starting to form though so I hope she can hold it together to the end.

I did not like Mai'ya in the beginning but I now have some semblance of respect for her based on her lip syncs. She is coming prepared and giving her all and I think Ru sees that in her and no one else which is why she's rewarded her thus far.

Sapphira & Nymphia are good but I agree that they're missing something. I'm harder on Sapphira though because with Nymphia I'm sure it's a mixture of a language barrier along with learning/ adapting to American culture and Gay/Drag culture all at the same time. Assuming she doesn't win I'd love to see Nymphia in a few more years on All Stars. She just needs to round out & a bit more polish.

by Anonymousreply 300March 12, 2024 5:41 PM

Q is truly narcissistic. Her confessionals are cringe, her reactions to wins/losses in Untucked are cringe, and everyone seems to agree with that. She can't simply be grateful for the opportunity and the wins, she's just dumb and entitled. Her designs are top notch, and as others have said, she should just stick to that, and not interact with the public or reality TV or social media any longer. She talks like a baby with vocal fry and seems to think she's quite the special princess and you dare not critique her.

Dawn got the pretty amazing gift of a video message from her boyfriend last week. Her reaction was to not just cry and talk about missing him, but to also throw him under the bus to her competitors, talking about how 'pressed' he was about her drag. It reflects really poorly on her. She could have just said "Oh it's nothing, he just took some time to get used to me doing drag". But the jarring detail of their relationship discussions and the boyfriend's vulnerability over her cuntiness is just too much. I'd break up with her over that revelation.

by Anonymousreply 301March 12, 2024 6:13 PM

Tell me about it, I'm all ears.

by Anonymousreply 302March 12, 2024 7:46 PM

Dawn has a boyfriend? Is he similarly fug and elfin?

by Anonymousreply 303March 13, 2024 3:01 AM

And a cunt R303?

by Anonymousreply 304March 13, 2024 4:38 PM

Why is this season so bad? Everything feels stale and uninspired. I know it's a very formulaic show, but nothing is landing. NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 305March 13, 2024 8:52 PM

The talent pool is very shallow now, r305.

by Anonymousreply 306March 13, 2024 9:21 PM

R305 - try watching the Canadian version, where you get drag queens from Saskatoon.

by Anonymousreply 307March 13, 2024 9:22 PM

r307 I watched the recent season of Drag Race Canada and I enjoyed it more than this season. Specifically, the first half of the Canadian season. The queens were generally more interesting and charming.

by Anonymousreply 308March 13, 2024 9:26 PM

r307 Nevermind, I was thinking about CDR Season 3. Season 4 sucked.

by Anonymousreply 309March 13, 2024 9:27 PM

Why would you get upset when you get criticized when you volunteer to go on a show to BE criticized?

Unless you were so delusional you didn't expect to get any........

by Anonymousreply 310March 13, 2024 9:59 PM

However, France, UK, Thailand, and Espana's shows are really good. Canada and Germany are above average. Sweden, Italy, Mexico, Brazil, Philippines, Belgium are okay. Oz is terrible, although I am enjoying Hannah very much in UK vs the World.

by Anonymousreply 311March 13, 2024 10:18 PM

R310, that's pretty much it. The Delulu is high with many of these girls, so any kind of clap back gets them all defensive, and any praise makes them act like they are Jesus. It's really fucking dumb.

More queens need to be like Sapphira, who totally gets it.

by Anonymousreply 312March 14, 2024 5:49 AM

That’s because Sapphira went to a classical conservatory, and criticism is part and parcel of how you learn.

by Anonymousreply 313March 14, 2024 12:29 PM

I think Q is typical of his generation. Can’t take critiques, or takes them over personally. If you criticize, you’re a bully. And what you perceive as my faults are somehow someone else’s fault. My 25 year-old niece is the same. Complete lack of self awareness, particularly when it comes to being critical of, or cunty to, others. Can dish it, but can’t take it.

by Anonymousreply 314March 14, 2024 2:42 PM

I saw a video yesterday with Trixie, in where she was answering frequent questions- one of them was if she would go back to do Global All Stars or VS the World. She said no, but it's incredibly straining on one's mental health (especially how you're edited), physically hard (design challenges, choreography, physical isolation from the rest of the world), and that the fandom with tear you apart regardless of what you do- she was very circumspect regarding the fans, so as not to piss off the ones she has.

by Anonymousreply 315March 14, 2024 2:44 PM

Wow, you watch a lot of television, r311.

by Anonymousreply 316March 14, 2024 2:49 PM

r311, I'm in the business, and had a whole lot of downtime during the writer/actor's strikes.

by Anonymousreply 317March 14, 2024 2:52 PM

If not for Plane Jane, I would have bailed on this season a long time ago. She’s very entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 318March 14, 2024 4:34 PM

But she’s not as good as she thinks R318, and that removes some of the charm.

by Anonymousreply 319March 14, 2024 9:06 PM

Hello? Anyone here?

I lived for Nymphia Wind as Grace Jones in Vamp.

by Anonymousreply 320March 16, 2024 4:25 AM

RIP Flipper. You have a long career ahead of you in low-budget all you can eat cruise ship drag shows.

by Anonymousreply 321March 16, 2024 4:38 AM

That was one of the best lip syncs in a while. I went to the Heart club in WeHo where Nymphia was hosting. The crowd went crazy during the lip sync, and Nymphia performed. She actually is really good, so I'm wondering if she'll do one during the run of the show. Kerri Colby, Dawn, and Salinas S Titties (in boy form) were there as well.

I too lived for Nymphia's runway, and it was interesting that Michelle didn't seem to know Nymphia's Vamp reference, saying something how the color of the wig went well with the outfit. Sapphira's outifit was a classic 80's reference, Nymphia's was very niche. Q had stank face all the way until the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 322March 16, 2024 6:35 AM

Am I the only one who heard Ru say the runway was DragCon *1980*?? — as in late disco, Chrissy Snow, Brooke Shields, etc…

I think the dumb queens misunderstood the prompt and showed up with “80s” looks, and the producers just had to roll with it.

by Anonymousreply 323March 16, 2024 6:52 AM

Jinkx Monsoon coming back to ‘Chicago' for limited summer run ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324March 16, 2024 10:01 AM

Morphine is underestimated as a performer. She turned that out. I know she will probably he on the way out but I like her the best. Sympathy..I mean Nymphia's poor me act is wearing very thin. Jane is just a good performer but nothing OMG I have to see her. Q's hiv reveal was to make her look more human, especially given her level of hate on SM.

by Anonymousreply 325March 16, 2024 1:29 PM

Q is the worst. And getting HIV in this day and age is eye rolling levels of retardation. It’s not some sort of accomplishment, nor is it much to sympathize over. She and that Dawn thing need to go.

Everyone in the top is competent, but no one is a star. Sapphira is getting by on the world weary grandeur she’s built up from being a classical singer, but I don’t really buy she’s a star. I think Nymphia is the closest, but she’s probably not winning given her inability to write.

by Anonymousreply 326March 16, 2024 2:31 PM

Thank God that horrible queen is gone. Is there anything she COULD do? She was awful in all of the challenges - except the Snatch Game.....and even then the bottom of her breastplate was showing.....

Now if we can only get rid of Dawn......go away.

by Anonymousreply 327March 16, 2024 3:15 PM

I hated Morphine from Day One but she impressed me also. That timed split was hysterical.

So glad Flipper is gone. I don't think there's ever been a queen with LESS charisma than she.

by Anonymousreply 328March 16, 2024 3:29 PM

Is Flipper the worst queen to ever get THAT far? Also didn’t get Michelle complimenting her on her makeup. I thought she always looked terrible with all that yellow showing.

I’m starting to like Morphine A LITTLE BIT…

by Anonymousreply 329March 16, 2024 3:35 PM

As soon as Flipper came out in her green dress - all gut and no girdle - I knew she’d be gone. But you can bet she was going without a girdle because she can’t flip in one. She rightfully should have gone before Plasma.

by Anonymousreply 330March 16, 2024 3:52 PM

I could see Flipper’s little flipper (at least the head) in that green monstrosity. No charisma, no talent and apparently very nasty. But at least she gave us that memorable Cher impression.

“I’m Great!!!!”

by Anonymousreply 331March 16, 2024 4:23 PM

Forgot to mention I laughed my ass off when she said she googled Dragcon 1980 and this was the first outfit that came up. Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 332March 16, 2024 4:25 PM

r332 I know my husband goes "Does she not know there was no Dragcon in 1980?" I laughed. "Pretty sure she does not know a lot of things. She makes Kennedy Davenport look like Albert Einstein!"

by Anonymousreply 333March 16, 2024 5:47 PM

What R323 said. Maybe it helps if you were alive in the 80s. Most of the looks were not 1980. Ru just had to roll with it. Dawn's Sigue Sigue Sputnik look is 1986. Maybe if they'd be told 'original disco era' it'd be closer to 1980 looks. The AIDS red ribbon was first created in 1991, AIDS deaths peaked in the US in 1992. I felt a little dissatisfied with the Q story line. It was handled sensitively but being 50... AIDS was death sentence and then AIDS was "not a death sentence". And now it's like.. don't the kids have PrEP? I'm Googling 'HIV treatment these days'. I don't mean to be callous. The episode was meant to make people feel OLD.

by Anonymousreply 334March 16, 2024 7:09 PM

I mentioned upthread that I was a club last night with Nymphia Wind hosting. What I didn't realize that Scarlett Envy was there last night too wearing her last runway from UK versus the world. I remember the outfit, but the hair was completely different- a huge Biba inspired wig, which covered a lot of her face. She looked way better with that hair than the one she had on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 335March 16, 2024 8:13 PM

I forgot the hemming and hawing over Nymphia's Asian accent. I get the point. It would not be appropriate for a non-Asian to be doing that. Yet the whole show, the whole culture of drag, is drowning in black vernacular so...

by Anonymousreply 336March 17, 2024 2:29 AM

I think the judges noticed Q's on stage fury at not being in the top 2 when she thought she deserved it. She was still visibly furious after the elimination when they were dancing around with the vote sings and leaving the stage too and I think the judges noticed that as well. Bad move on Q's part.

Q and Nymphia can't be booted soon enough for my liking. Both are repulsive for different reasons.

I have become a fan of Plane Jane over time and think she will probably come second with Sapphira the winner.

by Anonymousreply 337March 17, 2024 2:57 AM

And yet, Katya and Plane's Russian accents are AOK.

by Anonymousreply 338March 17, 2024 4:46 AM

Are they not both Russian R338?

by Anonymousreply 339March 17, 2024 4:49 AM

Katya isn't, Plane is.

by Anonymousreply 340March 17, 2024 4:50 AM

Does it really matter R340? Katya's entire drag act is based on being Russian so a Russian accent seems like it fits the act.

by Anonymousreply 341March 17, 2024 4:54 AM

Yeah but they're not being criticized like Nymphia for doing a stereotypical accent.

by Anonymousreply 342March 17, 2024 3:55 PM

Q was too stupid to realize her whole outfit was 90s-inspired. Keith Hering, the ribbon, the polka dot tights look out of Heathers (which okay was 1989). Maybe she can get away with saying she was skirting 1989 but meh. Like the other poster said the AIDS ribbon was not until 1991. 80s was big big big hair sprayed to the gods. Taffeta and ruffles. Google is your friend but don't stop at the first image.

by Anonymousreply 343March 18, 2024 2:45 AM

R343 but again, even that interpretation of "DragCon 1980" is off. 1980 was towards the end of the Disco era, it should have been more Halston-inspired chic.

by Anonymousreply 344March 18, 2024 12:28 PM

Yes, of course. Black drag queens switching into Southern black, church-lady gospel black, urban whore black, orator black, and haughty black find fault with Asian who speaks with an East Asian accent exaggerating her accent.

She already done had herses.

by Anonymousreply 345March 18, 2024 12:45 PM

Q's look was kinda 80s to me. Not 1980 but a little of that 1950s/1980s thing. Annie Potts in Pretty in Pink.

by Anonymousreply 346March 18, 2024 3:50 PM

r344 by 1980s I believe they meant the era not the year. So any fashion in the 80s would be fair game.

by Anonymousreply 347March 18, 2024 7:21 PM

But, if you actually watched the show dear, and listened R347, Ru very clearly said 1980. Are you Q??

by Anonymousreply 348March 18, 2024 8:08 PM

Runway themes have to have a fun title. "Dragcon 1980" was just the title they choose. It no more had to be specifically 1980 than it had to be a look that you would actually wear to Dragcon.

The actual prompt is simple, serve some 80s drag.

by Anonymousreply 349March 18, 2024 8:18 PM

[quote]Q is the worst. And getting HIV in this day and age is eye rolling levels of retardation. It’s not some sort of accomplishment, nor is it much to sympathize over.

R326, I don't disagree with your aesthetic and performance comments, and I loathed the mis-timed HIV-ribbon Haring outfit in the context of her announcing her HIV status. But, really, you're too close to AIDS-shaming in your "eye rolling." We don't need that any more now than we did in 1990, 2000. 2010 or 2020.

Was Q a bizarrely demanding queen for seeming to want a prize for blowing her wad with her news AND her follow-up theme outfit? Sure. But why embody the ugly and hateful yourself? You don't know the circumstances in which people contract HIV.

by Anonymousreply 350March 18, 2024 8:25 PM

r348 that is so specific it would be impossible to do. Like saying night of 1000 madonnas 1984. You would get 10 girls in panties, jean shorts and cheap bangles.

by Anonymousreply 351March 18, 2024 8:34 PM

I don’t care R350.

by Anonymousreply 352March 18, 2024 11:07 PM

When I heard DragCon 1980 I decided I would have gone as Beth Jarrett.

by Anonymousreply 353March 18, 2024 11:24 PM

I’m tired. I’m really really tired.

by Anonymousreply 354March 18, 2024 11:33 PM

[quote] The actual prompt is simple, serve some 80s drag.

No, that's not it. The prompt is what would people wear to drag con in1980.

by Anonymousreply 355March 18, 2024 11:35 PM

Nymphia was the only queen to capture anything 1980, with her homage to Grace Jones disco outfits.

by Anonymousreply 356March 18, 2024 11:36 PM

R355 it’s known that they give a general prompt often to the contestants and then make it more specific/funny in the episode. Which is exactly what the post you are quoting passive aggressively without @ing the original post says.

by Anonymousreply 357March 19, 2024 7:32 PM

Girls, girls…1980, 1985, 1990, Annie Potts shoulder pads… who gives a fuck. They all sucked.

by Anonymousreply 358March 19, 2024 9:53 PM

R357, the contestants are made aware of themes well ahead of the start of the season. I guarantee the list said DragCon 1980. How can you watch this show and know nothing about it?

Especially after 16 seasons, there should be no surprises to viewers. It’s the most heavily scripted and “produced” reality competition show.

P.s. Sapphira is obviously going to win. Q has zero chance.

by Anonymousreply 359March 19, 2024 11:23 PM

Actually I think it's going to be Plane or Nymphia, because Sapphira is not the "Future of Drag".

by Anonymousreply 360March 20, 2024 1:22 AM

I'm not being passive agressive you idiot, R357. I'm required to adress Rwhatever in all posts? You think the producers told them they needed a 'serve some 1980s' drag outfit? Then why would they call it more specifically 'drag con 1980'? Why not 'drag con 1985' which would lend itself to more range? It's the producers fault then. It'd be dumb to call it 'dragcon 1960' on the show if the queens are going to show up as hippies.

by Anonymousreply 361March 20, 2024 1:23 AM

Holy Mother of God, I sure hope Plane is not the "Future of drag!"

by Anonymousreply 362March 20, 2024 1:46 AM

The reality is there has never been an East Asian winner of Drag Race. Raja is their only Asian winner. And many fans have highlighted this and complained about Asian queens frequently being early outs.

The truth is that works in Nymphia's favor when they are thinking about who to crown.

by Anonymousreply 363March 20, 2024 2:02 AM

It's all gonna come down to the final lipsyncs, isn't it? I've seen Nymphia perform and she has incredible choreography, but that's just it -- it's been choreographed and rehearsed. They won't know which song they'll get at the finale; so unless whoever she's up against has some Sasha Velour tricks up her sleeve (haha) then Nymphia might be the favorite to win.

And I have a suspicion Jane will try to incorporate "Burger Finger" in her routine. Yawn. Tired.

Sapphira I do like but she'll probably just make those big bug eyes stares like she always does.

by Anonymousreply 364March 20, 2024 10:42 AM

I've already forgotten who won last year. This show is now in American Idol level of tedium.

by Anonymousreply 365March 20, 2024 10:43 AM

R361 two separate people have told you why. Multiple queens have said this often happens. Nasty piece of work that you are.

by Anonymousreply 366March 20, 2024 11:13 AM

Yes, I get it, R366. They should change the theme they use in the show to make a better fit with what they've told the queens.

by Anonymousreply 367March 21, 2024 12:27 AM

r365 Sasha Colby, There, I fixed your memory.

by Anonymousreply 368March 21, 2024 12:28 AM

But if this is an issue of the queens not understanding specific years it wouldn't really be a surprise. The youth learn so much online and are very pick and choose and fickle when it comes to subcultural information or fads. A person before the internet might have been better able to identify a more linear progression of trends.

by Anonymousreply 369March 21, 2024 12:33 AM

Finally, fucking Dawn is gone. Now get rid of Q.

by Anonymousreply 370March 23, 2024 12:26 PM

Q looks a little disturbing in drag. Like Frank-n-furter. And moves like a lumberjack.

by Anonymousreply 371March 23, 2024 12:30 PM

Agreed R371.

by Anonymousreply 372March 23, 2024 1:18 PM

Hurray we finally got rid of the useless mess......hopefully Morphine will go next.

by Anonymousreply 373March 23, 2024 1:26 PM

Morphine is obnoxious and I'm sick of her stupid big ass but I've grown to like her.

Better her than the insufferable, joyless Q.

by Anonymousreply 374March 23, 2024 1:29 PM

I’d take Morphine over Q.

by Anonymousreply 375March 23, 2024 1:30 PM

It looks like Plane, Safira and one other. I was thinking Nymphia but Morphine is moving up in the ranks. Q is so toxic I doubt she makes top 3.

by Anonymousreply 376March 23, 2024 1:33 PM

Morphine has been in the bottom too many times.

Nymphia, Plane and Sapphira.

But.... don't they normally do top 4 for the lip sync battle? Then add Morphine to the list.

Q has great looks but she's as charismatic as stale toast.

by Anonymousreply 377March 23, 2024 1:40 PM

I agree with your T3, R377. With Sapphira and Plane being T2, and Sapphira winning. Ru clearly likes her, and she’s honestly the most well rounded and versatile of the group. Plane is close, but needs a bit more time. Plane will win an all-stars.

by Anonymousreply 378March 23, 2024 2:09 PM

LOVED Sapphira’s runway look.

by Anonymousreply 379March 23, 2024 2:41 PM

Sapphira isn’t really a star though, and that’s what matters. Plane, as much of a mess as she is, has more star quality.

by Anonymousreply 380March 23, 2024 2:42 PM

What a joyless season. They need a new casting team. Q makes my skin crawl. None of the remaining queens would make for a well rounded winner.

by Anonymousreply 381March 23, 2024 2:49 PM

I predict the next bottom two will be Morphine and Nymphia, with Nymphia winning the lip synch. Then the final four lip synch will be rigged so that Plane takes out Q and Sapphira takes out Nymphia, with Sapphira winning the lip synch.

by Anonymousreply 382March 23, 2024 3:40 PM

Dawn for me represents the grossness of young people now. Affected, entitled, bitchy and clueless.

by Anonymousreply 383March 23, 2024 3:47 PM

Dawn was a lot of talk and then no results. Of course they tried to blame it on Nymphia not giving her space instead of Dawns own lack of any talent.

by Anonymousreply 384March 23, 2024 3:59 PM

Exactly R383. But you forgot, fugly.

by Anonymousreply 385March 23, 2024 6:42 PM

Sapphira Cristal for the win. (Hope I don't jink it).

by Anonymousreply 386March 23, 2024 7:43 PM

They picked that Megan thee Stallion song for Morphine to shine. Dawn can't even pretend the physicality required for that.

by Anonymousreply 387March 23, 2024 11:38 PM

[quote]Q makes my skin crawl

Well said R381. After watching this week's episode - Q is a repulsive self-absorbed person. I hope he's gone pronto.

by Anonymousreply 388March 24, 2024 9:02 AM

Q leaving next week (and that’s usually what happens to the music theater queens) would be peak. She has no business being in the final.

by Anonymousreply 389March 24, 2024 11:48 AM

For someone who lasted so long Dawn was honestly pretty forgettable. She had no real memorable moments in the competition, either good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 390March 24, 2024 3:48 PM

I honestly thought Dawn was terrible. She was not funny, her looks here all pretty much identical, even down to using the same wig for the last two runways. I did not like Morphine at all when it started. Her story that her parents did not know when she paints even out of drag? Come on. But she has really grown on me. If only she would wear a corset to pull in that stomach. Jane is good, just not likeable. Mistress last year was endearing with her hate because Lucy was so delusional. Jane is just mean. Even when she was trying to be vulnerable (so you know she is going to be top three) she was not likeable. Sapheria (sp?) give Drag Mother vibes up the wazoo, WIth Mya, Plasma...now Jane. Q is like Jane, just not likeable. There is something fake about her and not authentic and it Is reading to the judges. I bet they did not give her the win purposely to see if she would crack. Of all the ones left, I honestly like Morphine the best. She has the biggest growth story and crowning her would be okay in my book. If not her Saphira only because she has the most wins and is the most likeable. She will win Ms. Congeniality/fan favourite for sure.

by Anonymousreply 391March 24, 2024 4:08 PM

Qi’s ‘I should’ve won this and that’ attitude really soured me against her. What a sorry bitch!

by Anonymousreply 392March 24, 2024 5:05 PM

So glad Dawn is finally gone! Don't like Morphine but like Mhi'ya I now respect her based on her lip-syncs because she DESTROYED Dawn and that last runway was one of the best looks of the night.

Need Q to go, I'm now ok with a Plane, Sapphira, Nymphia, Morphine Top 4. I still think Plane will win it all but if It's Sapphira I just hope she really brings it and shows us some different sides of her. I LOVED her BDSM runway, thought it was the best look of the night, was totally different for her, cleverly incorporated the theme and was high fashion and fun all at the same time. Want to see more of that from her.

by Anonymousreply 393March 24, 2024 5:53 PM

Tom and Lorenzo have been such huge Drag Race fans that they've recapped every single episode and even wrote a book about the show. Yet even they seem totally over this season:

"Sorry this recap’s a weensy bit late, darlings. We needed time to process this weird little episode so we didn’t sound like bitter bitches when we recapped it.

[Snip]

"[D]espite the show’s continued success in ratings and awards, there is a definite sense of staleness creeping over the whole enterprise and it affects how the queens are approaching or responding to each task. No one’s hungry or insanely jealous enough to drive great breakthroughs or rivalries, so the performances of each task tend to get flatter or time."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394March 25, 2024 1:02 AM

This pitt crew guy was smoking hot. My eyes were fixed on his cock the whole way through.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395March 25, 2024 1:15 AM

Q is comes close to what T Lo say they miss, she is competitive, jealous and emotional...and gets so much hate for it.

There is a reason the queens are always trying to be nice and on good behavior. If they are bitchy and competitive reality TV characters the fans hate them.

by Anonymousreply 396March 25, 2024 1:17 AM

r395 yeah I am surprised no one has mentioned it yet...that was some moose knuckle.

by Anonymousreply 397March 25, 2024 2:13 AM

Q and her partner looked like shit - and danced like shit.

by Anonymousreply 398March 30, 2024 7:07 AM

This was their moment to get rid of the miserable Q and they didn’t take it. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 399March 30, 2024 1:01 PM

Q’s looks were horrible, and that “dance” routine? And they heaped praise on Plane who wore the same look - again. Just after criticizing her for it last week. The judging is so uneven.

by Anonymousreply 400March 30, 2024 1:21 PM

R400 Jane did nothing. It was her partner who turned it out. You are right though about the judging. Michelle said one or two seasons ago, "Just because you dress alike does not make family resemblance." Jane's act is more stupid humor and Lazy Susan was more slut than humor. The name was brilliant but that was it. Morphine was terrible. The makeup? I mean bragging about being a make-up artist and dancer and out comes a man in a dress? Bad. Q was kind of smart just covering the man face with clown drag.

by Anonymousreply 401March 30, 2024 2:07 PM

Q really should have been in the bottom two......

by Anonymousreply 402March 30, 2024 2:56 PM

The second Morphine’s hot dancer hit the runway with bare, muscular man shoulders and flat hair, I knew she was in trouble.

Sapphira deserved that second spot in the bottom. She wore those ugly black dance shoes AGAIN, and her dude with the beautiful bone structure —as noted by Ru— looked horrible.

It’s just a shame we were robbed of what could’ve been a great lip sync with that terrible country song.

by Anonymousreply 403March 30, 2024 3:54 PM

Those dancers sure were beautiful though, until they were put up in drag.

by Anonymousreply 404March 30, 2024 7:37 PM

[quote]The second Morphine’s hot dancer hit the runway with bare, muscular man shoulders and flat hair, I knew she was in trouble.

I can't believe she thought it was fine just to show off his muscular, manly shoulders. We are still trying to do some female illusion here.

Sapphira's dress was fugly. She should have just stuck to the original plan even if she could barely dance in it.

But having the dancers was definitely nice eye candy for the audience. I'm sure they loved the attention rather than always being anonymous faces behind the queens.

by Anonymousreply 405March 30, 2024 10:55 PM

I shudder to think what Dawn would have presented.

by Anonymousreply 406March 30, 2024 10:57 PM

r406, I thought the exact same thing! 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 407March 30, 2024 11:00 PM

Tom and Lorenzo are right about Q:

"We really wish SOMEONE would just come right out and say that Q’s drag is getting uglier as the competition goes on. We certainly don’t mind clown drag, but we honestly don’t think she does it very well. These costumes are just big and ugly. It’s pretty easy to mimic a family resemblance when you just paint two matching clown faces on yourselves and it’s a hell of a lot easier to do drag for the first time if you just have to wear a blanket. We weren’t impressed at all."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408March 31, 2024 2:40 AM

I was sad to not see Q gone.

by Anonymousreply 409March 31, 2024 3:48 AM

Lazy Susan IS a good drag name.

by Anonymousreply 410March 31, 2024 4:27 AM

I can’t say that I’ll miss Morphine’s fat gunt.

by Anonymousreply 411March 31, 2024 4:48 AM

What was that abortion that Q presented? Jesus Christ. That poor guy that was saddled with her miserable look and makeup. What a disaster. I hope they send her home next week and only have a final three. I notice she’s shut her trap on Twitter lately. Good.

by Anonymousreply 412March 31, 2024 12:31 PM

NYmphia should have won that challenge. They complained because she was wearing yellow? Really?

by Anonymousreply 413March 31, 2024 1:20 PM

The yellow has gone past boring now R413. The judges have been complaining about it for a while.

by Anonymousreply 414March 31, 2024 1:22 PM

You mean like they were Plane’s bodysuits, R414? And yet who won.

by Anonymousreply 415March 31, 2024 1:48 PM

I think Q was smart to use the clown white as some faces just can't be feminized with contouring. I did think it was funny no one called out the makeup as GOTMIK-like. Jane had very little work to do. His guy had a pretty face under that beard so easy to drag up, he could walk in heels, dance and looked good padded. He was 100% better than Jane on that runway.

by Anonymousreply 416March 31, 2024 1:59 PM

I'd be so pissed if the guest judge was TS Madison instead of an actual celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 417April 6, 2024 4:47 AM

At last the witch is dead.

by Anonymousreply 418April 6, 2024 12:43 PM

Plane Jane is a fucking performer, no if, ands, or buts.

by Anonymousreply 419April 6, 2024 5:19 PM

Sorry, I think you mean Plane Jane is a performing fuck. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 420April 6, 2024 8:19 PM

R420 your shade is lacking. Must try harder.

by Anonymousreply 421April 6, 2024 8:31 PM

Plane Jane is clearly the star of the season, but I don’t think she’ll win

by Anonymousreply 422April 6, 2024 9:54 PM

r422, she shouldn’t. Out of the final three, I do believe she’s the weakest one.

by Anonymousreply 423April 6, 2024 10:05 PM

I hope they put Plane Jane on All Stars, along with Anetra, GiGi Goode, and more of the young ones.

by Anonymousreply 424April 7, 2024 12:57 AM

I think Nymphia should win.

by Anonymousreply 425April 7, 2024 1:30 AM

[italic]Moi aussi.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 426April 7, 2024 3:53 PM

Aside from Raja (who is good friends with Ru hmmm), there's never been an Asian winner, despite being very strong ones in competition.

Manila Pangina Marina

by Anonymousreply 427April 7, 2024 3:59 PM

is Raja full Asian or only a half-breed?

by Anonymousreply 428April 7, 2024 7:17 PM

R428- he's half. I think Dutch and Indonesian?

by Anonymousreply 429April 8, 2024 12:19 AM

I hate all of these queens. WTF was Dawn? And Q?? Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Plain is nasty with no depth. What a lousy season.

by Anonymousreply 430April 9, 2024 1:18 AM

r430 I'm astounded at how utterly JOYLESS this season is. I'm glad you noticed, but I feel like more people should be complaining about this season. It's basically unwatchable, I just leave it on in the background and try to see who loses the lipsync. But it doesn't matter because none of them deserve to win.

by Anonymousreply 431April 9, 2024 1:58 AM

I didn't realize until I read a couple of articles about it that the LollapaRusa lip sync battle was taking the place of the reunion. The producers said the traditional reunion was redundant because all the rehashing of events is done on social media. I still think there's value in getting all the queens together in one room for a conversation, though not necessarily with this season's cast.

I'd like to see one of the early out queens win the lip sync battle. I thought Hershii and Mirage had potential and would like to see more of them. I'll be happy if anyone other than Queen of Flips wins.

by Anonymousreply 432April 9, 2024 7:49 AM

R432 I find it strange. The reunion is often the best part of the season. I don’t know why they can’t do the lip sync battle and a shorter reunion in one episode. The hour or longer lip sync battle episodes drag on for me.

by Anonymousreply 433April 9, 2024 8:23 AM

Would like to see someone else win to R432, but this is a total setup to have Flips and Morphine in the final showdown. Boring.

by Anonymousreply 434April 9, 2024 12:53 PM

Please don't bring Q back - we just got rid of her.......

by Anonymousreply 435April 9, 2024 1:32 PM

Between Q’s unfettered entitlement to every win and her quick-to-wound when she didn’t, she was EXHAUSTING. She wasn’t kind to the other queens AT ALL (and this includes Jane), counted wins she didn’t get as hers, and displayed her untreated Narcissistic Personality Disorder through the entire season (including to the very end with her mirror message: “this one hurts”).

I hope she’s one of those queens who sort of disappears, but we’re not that lucky.

by Anonymousreply 436April 9, 2024 1:41 PM

They practically handed the lipsync to Mirage with Cher's "Dark Lady" with the hand claps for her heel clacks. But bitch had the audacity to assume that she didn't need to learn the song.

by Anonymousreply 437April 9, 2024 2:11 PM

Weeble-shaped Flipper is actually a terrible lip syncher.

by Anonymousreply 438April 9, 2024 2:24 PM

The ashen faced weeble isn’t good at anything besides flips. Someone needs to Gilooly her.

by Anonymousreply 439April 9, 2024 8:55 PM

My theory is that they were GOING to do the typical 4-way lip sync for the finale as usual, but Q was so insufferable they had to send her home and were forced to come up with a different finale plan.

by Anonymousreply 440April 10, 2024 11:38 PM

There was nothing dull or forgettable about Sasha Colby's performance or win. She doesn't represent any of my favorite drag styles, but in her domain she was perfect, with great performances, engaging personality, commitment, professionalism, great looks, and C., U., N., and T.

This season is terrible. Worse than Season 14 or Tyra Sanchez's crown.

by Anonymousreply 441April 11, 2024 3:15 AM

Didn’t they also film a reunion and scrap it? I thought Mirage said everyone was so mean at the reunion.

by Anonymousreply 442April 11, 2024 3:35 AM

I worry that Flipper is going to pull out some real stunts and spin off the stage and straight through a wall - breaking her neck. I just feel like she's going to try so hard that it's going to backfire miserably. I hope she wears a corset for once. She really needs to.

I don't like any of the contestants on this season but have warmed to Plane and Sapphira. The rest were/are quite awful. I can't stand Nymphia and thank fuck Q has gone. What an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 443April 11, 2024 5:51 AM

Maybe the “reunion” is part of the finale?

by Anonymousreply 444April 11, 2024 6:09 AM

I think they actually did the lip synch battle before they ever shot the season. Final three were pre-determined, as they always are. Most scripted “reality” competition show there is.

by Anonymousreply 445April 11, 2024 11:14 AM

Who do we think will win?

Nymphia, Plane or Sapphira?

by Anonymousreply 446April 11, 2024 11:24 AM

Certainly not the viewers, r446.

by Anonymousreply 447April 11, 2024 11:26 AM

True R447! I think it will be Sapphira but maybe that's too obvious.

by Anonymousreply 448April 11, 2024 11:34 AM

All the signs are that they'll go with Sapphira, but it's just a shit season with no A-quality drag performers worth bothering about at any dive with a $5 cover charge.

by Anonymousreply 449April 11, 2024 12:02 PM

I thought it was going to be Sapphira, but now it seems obvious they’re giving it to Nymphia.

by Anonymousreply 450April 11, 2024 12:12 PM

Of course you don't care, R350/R326.

You're that girl. THAT type of thing.

Do be careful with your health, at least. We wouldn't want to have to fend off Schadenfreude over it.

by Anonymousreply 451April 11, 2024 12:32 PM

Q had such terrible vocal fry. Gurl....nails on a chalkboard.

by Anonymousreply 452April 11, 2024 2:04 PM

Q should be the winner!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 453April 11, 2024 2:18 PM

Q should have won from the very beginning. She still is the top model and designer in the country!

by Anonymousreply 454April 11, 2024 2:19 PM

That's blatantly not true r445. The season was filmed in May and June last year, the lip sync episode and the finale episode were filmed a couple months later in August.

by Anonymousreply 455April 11, 2024 3:20 PM

R442 where’d you hear that? Surely they’d love a reunion where the cast goes in on each other real housewives style.

by Anonymousreply 456April 11, 2024 3:36 PM

Sapphira is like Cheddar Gorgeous (UK) to me- a seasoned, accomplished, savvy, OLDER contestant, Cheddar was the runner up to the younger, campier Danny Beard. Remember it's the "future" of drag.

So it'll be Plane or Nymphia. Plane is sort of like Jimbo- she'll do well without winning, and will probably be back for an All Stars or vs the World. There hasn't been an Asian winner since Raja, so I'll go with Nymphia, unless Plane camps it up and makes Ru laugh.

by Anonymousreply 457April 11, 2024 3:37 PM

Ok, fine R455. You didn’t correct me on the final three being pre-determined, so I’m going to take that as truth.

by Anonymousreply 458April 11, 2024 5:33 PM

I’m hoping for Nymphia. She has done some performances for Nightgowns that show she has a lot of potential.

But I would be fine with Sapphira, but less excited since she wears those old shoes.

Plane is lucky to be in the top 3, but given the lack of competition probably deserves that spot. She makes me laugh.

Q - never. They got rid of her as soon as they could.

by Anonymousreply 459April 11, 2024 7:39 PM

Ok. Tragic season redeemed. This episode was great fun!

by Anonymousreply 460April 13, 2024 1:40 AM

As long as nasty Flipper didn’t win, I was happy R460. She was pissssssssed. 🤣

by Anonymousreply 461April 13, 2024 3:05 AM

A fun, if predictable episode. Mirage and Amanda got a bit of redemption. I don't think Flipper deserved to win that first lip synch. She really does seem to be quite a miserable person.

by Anonymousreply 462April 13, 2024 3:39 AM

This was more Megami’s redemption story more than anyone else. Those bitches really thought that they were just going to walk over her and she showed them. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

by Anonymousreply 463April 13, 2024 4:04 AM

That was really fun! Fine with the winner, and glad Mirage and Amanda got to show their stuff a bit more. I’d go see Mirage—she is a sexy queen.

Flipper—UGH. I hope they never bring her back,

by Anonymousreply 464April 13, 2024 4:32 AM

Man Mirage has so much stage presence. I would have loved to have seen Mirage X Morphine match. I hope they do something like this from now on, it's nice to see the other queens flaunt their stuff rather than snipe and shade each other at a reunion.

by Anonymousreply 465April 13, 2024 6:34 AM

The Fat Flipper lost!

by Anonymousreply 466April 13, 2024 10:57 AM

Mirage did lipsync against Morphine, and frankly, should have won.

by Anonymousreply 467April 13, 2024 11:58 AM

Q is a terrible dancer and lipsyncer. Ivy Winters 2,0. Great costumes terrible performers. Dawn is just as bad. I was surprised at Mirage. I thought she would pull out way more stunts. Ru went gaga over the heal clacks she did in the talent show, she should have been pounding that floor like a typewriter. Amanda was a bit all over the place. Morphine deserved the win. That family must make good dancers. her sister Joy Dion Love is on so you think you can dance and she is fucking amazing.

by Anonymousreply 468April 13, 2024 2:03 PM

Joy Dion Love's audition was really amazing r468, but unfortunately she didn't make it to the top 10.

by Anonymousreply 469April 13, 2024 3:17 PM

r469 hopefully she gets on RPDR.

by Anonymousreply 470April 13, 2024 5:20 PM

Megami was a revelation

by Anonymousreply 471April 13, 2024 5:32 PM

So much of it depended on smart hair and costume. Dark hair and/or costume did not show up on that stage.

by Anonymousreply 472April 13, 2024 5:55 PM

r470, She would be a powerhouse if she did. Good idea! Hope she auditions.

by Anonymousreply 473April 13, 2024 7:14 PM

Seeing how there's a big article about Nymphia today in the Washington Post, and all the politics connecting Taiwan and how yellow is part of her political statement, there's no doubt in my mind that she's going to be the winner.

by Anonymousreply 474April 19, 2024 5:29 PM

I said this earlier in the thread, but Drag Race has been lacking Asian winners. I always suspected that Nymphia would be the person they want to crown. Plus she is the fan favorite anyway this year, which doesn't always matter but it helps sell it.

by Anonymousreply 475April 19, 2024 5:57 PM

Yeah I think it was on IG, Nymphia has 3x the likes on the RPDR page than the other two. I would be happy with her winning.

by Anonymousreply 476April 19, 2024 8:45 PM

I’m rooting for Sapphira, but I certainly wouldn’t mind a nep Nymphia win. Just don’t give it to Plane Jane. Please God, no!

by Anonymousreply 477April 19, 2024 9:09 PM

It doesn't matter who gets the crown - I know in my heart that I am the real winner this season.

by Anonymousreply 478April 19, 2024 9:21 PM

Who won?

by Anonymousreply 479April 20, 2024 2:00 AM

Spoiler alert.... . . . . . . . .Nymphia

by Anonymousreply 480April 20, 2024 2:02 AM

Called it. And I presume Sapphira won congeniality outright, but they didn't want to give it to her, as she was a finalist, so they made it a tie.

by Anonymousreply 481April 20, 2024 2:15 AM

She got 10K + 25K still not as much as Morphine go with 50K + 2K from Dove for showing up.

by Anonymousreply 482April 20, 2024 2:18 AM

RuPaul‘s wardrobe has not been that great this season. As a matter of fact, I think it was generally the most tired of all the seasons.

by Anonymousreply 483April 20, 2024 2:34 AM

I hate to admit but Flipper looked the best when all the s16 queens walked out.

by Anonymousreply 484April 20, 2024 2:36 AM

Agreed. She also needs to stop with the music. It's just really tired. As soon as Sapphira got Miss Congeniality, I knew she had lost. However, Nymphia ate that lip synch up.

by Anonymousreply 485April 20, 2024 2:37 AM

The bubble tea as a headpiece needed better coverage. That was genius. I even got a little teary when Nymphia won.

by Anonymousreply 486April 20, 2024 5:22 AM

I love Sapphira, but Nymphia’s finale looks and lip synchs were all fantastic. She deserved the win, and I’m sure Sapphira is sailing through to the next edition of All-Stars. I don’t want to see any of the other queens from this season again, other than maybe Mirage. I still think there’s something there.

by Anonymousreply 487April 20, 2024 9:16 AM

But why the vampire teeth??? They had nothing to do with the song! I kept expecting her to do something with them but no.

by Anonymousreply 488April 20, 2024 10:12 AM

Yay, my queen Nymphia! So glad it ended this way. Sapphira was fine but just doesn’t have that star spark. She’ll be a fine host on a tour or something. I don’t really see her winning All Stars, there are many better candidates.

by Anonymousreply 489April 20, 2024 1:13 PM

Omg, R483, Ru looked like she stuck a floor mop on her head for the finale.

by Anonymousreply 490April 20, 2024 1:16 PM

The shots of Amanda glaring at her abuser Plane Jane - priceless

by Anonymousreply 491April 20, 2024 2:34 PM

Sapphira's last lip sync was surprisingly subdued, compared to her opening number. I was telliing my friend if they give Sapphira Miss Congeniality, there was no way they were going to give her the crown. The whole club was so happy when Nymphia won

I was at a watch party where Morphine and Scarlett were hosting. Morphine did her winning lip sync number- she's actually prettier in person than on tv.

by Anonymousreply 492April 20, 2024 3:34 PM

I'm the prettiest in person.

by Anonymousreply 493April 20, 2024 6:46 PM

Nymphia's performances and looks were incredible. The fact that we hadn't seen her lip sync yet was a bit of an advantage, and she used it well. I know the reveals are less surprising now that we expect them, but I thought both of hers were excellent. I love Sapphira and thought she deserved the win all season, but I think she laid an egg at the finale. All three of her looks were mid to boot, and she looked like Boo Boo the Fool in the final performance with those stupid teeth.

Plane still hasn't learned when to turn off the catty bitch routine. Even Bianca knows when to kill the persona and be genuine. When she bypasses every opportunity she's given to show what's underneath, it looks like there's really nothing else underneath. I'm sure that's not true, but we won't know until she tells us.

Seeing Sasha Colby again was nice. I think she is the most well-rounded champion of them all, and seems to be a really good person as well.

I thought all the also-rans looked really lovely tonight.

by Anonymousreply 494April 20, 2024 7:00 PM

I was also glad to see Sasha. She’s the real deal.

by Anonymousreply 495April 20, 2024 10:57 PM

r488 I think it had to do with Padum Padum being the heartbeat? IT was a pretty far stretch but then what did bubble tea have to do with it either.

by Anonymousreply 496April 20, 2024 11:29 PM

R496- boba tea was invented in Taiwan. Nothing to do with the song.

by Anonymousreply 497April 21, 2024 12:25 AM

I love Sasha

by Anonymousreply 498April 21, 2024 12:33 AM

I've been thinking the same thing, R483. Usually once or twice a season, Ru walks onto the runway in a look that's truly stunning, and I say to myself, "My God, she's still got it." That hasn't happened at all this season. Many episodes she's looked quite matronly. And she looked sort of doddering while she walked through that opening number. I can't be mad at her for aging, but there's a middle ground between Glamazon and Dorothy Zbornak and that's where I'd like her to be right now.

by Anonymousreply 499April 21, 2024 8:09 AM

I hate Sasha.

by Anonymousreply 500April 21, 2024 8:42 AM

Went to a watch party at our biggest Downtown gay bar. It was packed.

Nymphia had the most applause of the top three when introduced. But Mirage had the biggest reaction of any queen. She seems to be beloved.

Flipper had some tepid boos and the crowd went nearly silent for Q.

by Anonymousreply 501April 23, 2024 3:18 AM

Q is really offputting, along with Dawn.

by Anonymousreply 502April 23, 2024 12:34 PM

I was okay with either Nymphia or Sapphira winning. I liked both of them equally, but for different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 503April 23, 2024 12:49 PM

They were obviously in AWE!

by Anonymousreply 504April 23, 2024 1:21 PM

The cast of All Stars 9 was confirmed today, though the names had been leaked weeks ago. They're competing for charity this year, which is nice because not only are they helping good causes but also each queen must be getting a guaranteed paycheck. Part of me is curious as to the amounts each one is getting paid, just to learn the ones who are hotter commodities.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505April 23, 2024 5:39 PM

I’ve read that all casts in the US are getting costume and outfit budgets now R505, o o n top of whatever prize money.

by Anonymousreply 506April 23, 2024 5:43 PM

I think that's great, R506. I always feel bad for the early-out queens who are burdened with huge debts after borrowing thousands to have costumes made.

by Anonymousreply 507April 23, 2024 5:48 PM

Look at the slim pickings for All Stars 8. It was getting harder to get queens to come back for All Stars. Why you are seeing this All Stars season where it is non-elimination so they are guaranteed to be in every episode and each cast member gets paid just for showing up rather relying on winning money.

Popular Dag Race girls are, understandly, getting more demanding for their time.

by Anonymousreply 508April 23, 2024 6:36 PM

For AS9, it seems like a lot of retreads

Gottmik, Nina West, Roxxxy, Shanell, Vanjie … not sure I care about these queens.

I guess I care a little more about Plastique, Angeria and Jorgeous, but even they are not thrilling me.

by Anonymousreply 509April 23, 2024 6:45 PM

‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Season 16 Finale Sashays To Series’ Highest-Rated Episode In 13 Years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510April 23, 2024 10:53 PM

They should do a season of villains. Of course that would probably mean another season of Kandy Moose.

by Anonymousreply 511April 23, 2024 10:57 PM

Omg can you imagine Kandy and Plane?? Hmmm, maybe not, I feel like Plane would shrink in front of Kandy. Part of the reason Plane got away with so much is because everyone was afraid to challenge her, but that wouldn’t be the case with some of the other legendary cunts on this show that would likely wreck her.

by Anonymousreply 512April 23, 2024 11:27 PM

r511, I've been saying that for years. But the fandom or RPDR is very toxic, but maye everyone would cancel everyone out.

by Anonymousreply 513April 23, 2024 11:29 PM

Gottmik + Roxxy = hard pass

by Anonymousreply 514April 23, 2024 11:47 PM

There is no Alaska and Detox to carry Roxxy so she will be an early out.

by Anonymousreply 515April 24, 2024 1:51 AM

i love Angeria! I'm going to be hatewatching Gottmik. I have to admit their promo look is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 516April 24, 2024 1:57 AM

There are no outs. This version of all stars allows everyone to stay each episode and play for charity. It’s neutered.

by Anonymousreply 517April 24, 2024 1:57 AM

That new All-Stars is quite a dire lineup.

by Anonymousreply 518April 24, 2024 2:16 AM

Correct r517. There are no outs, how could there be there are only 8 queens this season.

This season is honestly changing the nature of Drag Race, you can't really go back, All Stars is going to be non-elimination showcases for the queens going forward.

by Anonymousreply 519April 24, 2024 3:25 AM

No to Gottmik, just no. 🤮

by Anonymousreply 520April 24, 2024 6:23 AM

All Stars will not be getting rid of people anymore, that was announced awhile ago.

by Anonymousreply 521April 24, 2024 12:02 PM

Chanell, Roxxxy and Gotmilk. Sorry, but no.

by Anonymousreply 522April 24, 2024 1:16 PM

So eight weeks of watching Roxxy and Gottmik being cunty and good at exactly nothing? Riveting.

by Anonymousreply 523April 24, 2024 2:32 PM

Gottmik has gotten quite sour since her season. She hangs around Violet too much.

by Anonymousreply 524April 24, 2024 4:34 PM

Maybe drag is just over?

by Anonymousreply 525April 24, 2024 4:36 PM

Maybe bigotry is just over?

by Anonymousreply 526April 24, 2024 5:51 PM

Google's doing a cute animation in Nymphia's honor right now. Click on the icon for a surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527April 26, 2024 9:08 PM

Aw that’s sweet.

by Anonymousreply 528April 26, 2024 10:49 PM

I like Roxxxy in All Stars 9.. She's very cunty in an old school drag queen way. She gets my vote.

by Anonymousreply 529April 27, 2024 2:26 AM

Can't stand Roxxxy Andrews.

by Anonymousreply 530April 27, 2024 5:57 AM

what's Roxy's new entrance line about and why all the fuss, did I miss something? 'You can't judge the doll'

by Anonymousreply 531April 27, 2024 11:11 AM

At this point, I’m sure a drag king is not too far off.

And we’ll all be forced to ‘yass’ them, and a new shitty color will be tacked onto the flag.

by Anonymousreply 532April 27, 2024 8:29 PM

A drag king has already won Dragula 2 seasons ago. RPDR is not the vanguard they think they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533April 27, 2024 8:32 PM

RuPaul is a Drag Queen, not a King. I am not opposed to the idea of Drag Kings being added but it does seem like it should be it's own spin off, hosted by an actual Drag King.

by Anonymousreply 534April 27, 2024 8:50 PM

RuPaul has said he will not have Drag Kings in his show.

by Anonymousreply 535April 27, 2024 9:43 PM

Rupaul has also said the same about bio females

by Anonymousreply 536April 27, 2024 11:44 PM

r536 he had Victoria Scones on DRUK

by Anonymousreply 537April 28, 2024 1:12 AM

Hence, my point.

by Anonymousreply 538April 28, 2024 1:15 AM

r537, also RPDR Germany, who actually won it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539April 28, 2024 1:40 AM

r539 but german women have penises.

by Anonymousreply 540April 28, 2024 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!