Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ghosts TV Show

Does anyone else watch this TV show? I think it is terrific. Only a half hour and a terrific cast, especially the gay officer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 21, 2024 6:14 AM

I love it! I usually watch each one twice.

by Anonymousreply 1January 15, 2023 8:23 PM

I love it too. The gay revolutionary war hero is a scream in everything. Fell in love with him on The Good Place and The Other Two. Glad he has a hit. He's a good actor

by Anonymousreply 2January 15, 2023 8:28 PM

Raises Hand.

I love "Ghosts".

And because the ghosts can get "sucked off", let's say you're an actor who wants out they can write you out ( boo-hoo), or, if the producers want to get rid of you, well, you're sucked off...

If I were to guess at who among the regular cast will be sucked off and out it would be Flower or Trevor.

by Anonymousreply 3January 15, 2023 8:29 PM

It's based on the Ibsen play, right?

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2023 8:56 PM

It's based on the Brit-com with the same name that's been airing on the BBC that will be in its fifth season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2023 9:04 PM

Love Isaac!

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2023 9:10 PM

I think it is great fun. Nothing depressing ever happens and I always feel good after I watch it. All the characters are so different and have wonderful back stories. I love the black fat whore singer the most. I must say a half hour is enough of feeling good, especially when commercials take 10 minutes out the time.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2023 9:26 PM

The guy without his pants is cute. I keep watching to see if he shows anything, but no. It's like watching Disney. As a cock teaser he is very good!

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2023 9:29 PM

Where is it streaming?

by Anonymousreply 9January 15, 2023 9:34 PM

^ CBS

by Anonymousreply 10January 15, 2023 9:37 PM

Paramount Plus, too.

by Anonymousreply 11January 15, 2023 9:39 PM

The recent Christmas one had a heartbreaking scene involving the Boy Scout leader.

by Anonymousreply 12January 15, 2023 9:47 PM

"Topper" was entertaining 70 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 15, 2023 10:13 PM

Love the BBC version but the American version didn't work for me. I think it was just too bright. That said, I'm happy to see that it's gotten such a great reception. It's nice when the character actors and second bananas get the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 14January 15, 2023 10:20 PM

The UK version is on HBO Max. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

by Anonymousreply 15January 15, 2023 11:59 PM

Love it!

by Anonymousreply 16January 16, 2023 12:01 AM

I love Hettie. She seems like the most fun ghost to play as well. I suppose a gay guy living a white rich bitch isn’t exactly groundbreaking, but whatever I love her.

by Anonymousreply 17January 16, 2023 12:09 AM

R2, who was Isaac in The Good Place?

by Anonymousreply 18January 16, 2023 12:22 AM

Was there REALLY a need for a new thread, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 16, 2023 12:29 AM

R18 Brandon Scott Jones played the gossip blogger.

by Anonymousreply 20January 16, 2023 1:57 PM

I love Alberta and Hettie.

by Anonymousreply 21January 16, 2023 2:00 PM

I like the US version, but it is a bit dumbed-down from the British version. The. British version is quite dark for a comedy, and very emotional, and a lot of that has been lost in favour of a more conventional sitcom vibe. The short episodes (only 22 minutes in the US) means that the episodes are very plot-driven. There is very little time just to allow characters to be a bit silly, or to do anything which doesn’t feed the central story of the episodes. The UK episodes have a few minutes longer to tell the story.

Of course, the UK series only have 6 or 7 episodes per series, which is a disappointment. The ghosts in the UK version are also the creators and writers, so they may feel that 6 or 7 is all they can do amongst themselves. It was nice to sit down and know that there were 24 US episodes per series.

The casts in both versions are really marvellous. The UK cast are led by the 5 main writers and creators, who have been performing and writing together for years, and it’s a joy to see how the US ghosts have taken on the original characterisations and really put their own spin on them. Hetty and Trevor are my favourites, although I do miss Julian (Trevor’s UK’s counterpart). The US sitcom audience seems less willing to enjoy really unpleasant characters such as him!

by Anonymousreply 22January 16, 2023 2:21 PM

I am rewatching S1 for the second time as I forget what happens since I watched with friends a year ago. So fun! The husband is super cute. I love when the viking and they native american get addicted to reality television. Ha! Land ship!

by Anonymousreply 23January 17, 2023 12:02 AM

I started watching both the US version and the the British version. I like both but I prefer the Viking over his British counterpart. I love when he sang lullabies of bashing in the skulls of Danes to the visiting kid.

by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2024 10:07 PM

I watch the US one, but far prefer the original British version (the characterizations are a bit slyer, the jokes less obvious, and the house doesn't look entirely green screened). The actor playing pantsless Trevor was also in Succession for a nanosecond playing a financial whiz.

by Anonymousreply 25April 4, 2024 10:49 PM

I wanted to love the US version but just can't. The UK version is far better. The US version plays it for laffs while the UK version plays it as a comedic drama

by Anonymousreply 26April 4, 2024 10:59 PM

I don't watch - I tried but the premise was cheesy to me. Sitcoms have to be very well done, or I pass. Laugh tracks and dumb jokes... only worked for me back in the days of "Married with Children".

I try almost every new show because you never know when you'll get a winner, but I have not found one CBS show, past or present, that does not bore me or catch my interest except The Amazing Race and Survivor. Survivor is only hanging on by a thread because I've been watching since the beginning and it is very stale now and I watch out of nostalgia, and only look up when they do challenges.

Not one CBS show do I follow... but maybe someday soon.

by Anonymousreply 27April 4, 2024 11:04 PM

I love Hetty and am astounded that she wasn't considered the more important ghosts in the first and 2nd season. Her mid-alantic accent is better than everybody on, "The Gilded Age". "

by Anonymousreply 28April 4, 2024 11:13 PM

Nobody watching this season, which FINALLY premiered a short while back?!?

by Anonymousreply 29April 12, 2024 3:54 AM

R28 is completely correct.

How do we feel about Flower getting sucked off?

by Anonymousreply 30April 12, 2024 3:56 AM

I love Isaac and Hetty

by Anonymousreply 31April 12, 2024 3:58 AM

I love looking at Trevor, and listening to Hetty.

by Anonymousreply 32April 12, 2024 4:01 AM

You can see that Trevor is aging.

by Anonymousreply 33April 12, 2024 5:24 AM

r30

she didn't she's stuck in a well but no one knows... someone did get sucked off though

by Anonymousreply 34April 12, 2024 9:33 AM

I must admit, I'm looking forward to the puritan ghost emerging from the ground.

by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2024 12:46 AM

Straights were complaining a couple of weeks ago about the phrase "sucked off" being used too much in the show. I can't imagine last nights episode helped.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2024 2:32 AM

Pregnant blonde is getting very fat very quickly. Lucky it's a short season.

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2024 2:33 AM

Kinda loved the Halloween episode, personally. Really hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 38April 21, 2024 4:14 AM

Apparently I am in the minority, as I found the British version lacking in so many respects. My main objection is that the Brit actors aren't nearly as appealing as the Americans.

by Anonymousreply 39April 21, 2024 6:05 AM

Love this show! Love! It!

by Anonymousreply 40April 21, 2024 6:14 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!