Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

First look at Aussie actress Abbie Cornish as Anna Nicole Smith in upcoming biopic

Australian actress Abbie Cornish has slipped into the very famous shoes of Anna Nicole Smith, playing the late Playboy Playmate in the upcoming feature film, Trust Me, I’m A Doctor. Cornish, who grew up in the Hunter Region of NSW, gave viewers a first look of her in character as she filmed in Toronto on May 2.

In the scene, the 41-year-old recreated Smith’s appearance at the 2005 Pride Parade in West Hollywood, California – complete with a silver cut-out dress and coloured beads.

“Playing Anna Nicole Smith is such a dream,” she said in a statement via Deadline this week, when the film was announced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2024 3:50 AM

Abbie Cornish. Wasn't she the Aussie Gretchen Mol?

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 6:05 PM

I am interested in seeing this because she is strong performer

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 6:06 PM

r1 I was just about to ask. I feel like they tried to make her happen with something in the past, but can't remember what.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 6:07 PM

They've been trying to make her happen for about eighteen years and it's never taken. Her first starring role was with Heath Ledger, that's how long she's been around.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 6:10 PM

Who plays DL fave Larry Birkhead?

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2024 6:12 PM

Cornish was directed in "W.E." by another dumb blonde: Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2024 6:16 PM

Any Aussies remember Wildside in the 1990s? It was a local cop show which was famous for its “gritty” milieu and overlapping dialogue. She played the main character’s daughter.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2024 6:17 PM

She just doesn't have Anna Nicole Smith's eyes.

But, then, nowadays neither does Anna Nicole Smith.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2024 6:19 PM

Looking her up her boobs aren't even a third of the volume necessary to portray Anna

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2024 6:23 PM

I bet Reese Witherspoon is pissed

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2024 6:24 PM

ANS was gorgeous especially in the Trimspa era (too bad it helped kill her). This Aussie is not.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2024 6:25 PM

I am weirdly offended by this.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2024 6:29 PM

She’ll never be me!

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2024 6:46 PM

ANS was nothing but tabloid fodder. Some *there* there would be nice. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2024 6:49 PM

It's hard to imagine how they'll get a movie out of this because Anna Nicole was so heavily medicated and/or stoned 99% of the time.

The film also features scary-looking former Obama aide Kal Penn and scary-looking Linda Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2024 6:50 PM

I loved her in Bright Star but that was a period film and was released in 2009. It’s been a long time since I’ve even heard her mentioned in anything.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2024 7:04 PM

Facially, she's a bit of everything, isn't she? Florence Pugh, Katharine Heigl, Kim Cattrall...

As for her former fiancé, I think we covered his gay face extensively here on DL back in 2019. Obviously it didn't last because he loves COCK.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2024 7:27 PM

Altamimi Name Meaning. Muslim (also Al-Tamimi): variant of Tamimi with the addition of al 'the'.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2024 8:49 PM

Abbie Cornish is gorgeous. Like ANS, she has a tendency to pack on pounds.

by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2024 9:12 PM

I was the obvious better choice but there is a conspiracy against me by the many Hollywood men who I've turned down after they harassed me for which I should sue.

What was the movie again?

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2024 9:13 PM

R20 sit down Rebel.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2024 9:30 PM

Bright Star was another Jane Campion feminist stinker but Abbie Cornish was great in Somersault (2004).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2024 9:44 PM

She was luminously beautiful in Three Billboards to Ebbing, Missouri. Really gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2024 10:49 PM

Luminous maybe, but her character's inexplicable Australian accent in Bumfuck Missouri took most people out of the movie. I recall there was so much complaining about it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2024 10:58 PM

Her accent was not apparent in Jack Ryan.

She reminds me physically of a plumper Charlize Theron with a bit of Katherine Heigl.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2024 11:18 PM

Cornish was the other woman in some tawdry Hollywood affair, yes?

She was also a mediocre Mistress Kat Ashley to Blanchett’s top-notch Elizabeth.

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2024 11:32 PM

My bad: she was a mediocre Bess Throckmorton.

by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2024 11:41 PM

It's crazy how long she's been trying to crack Hollywood. Meanwhile, certain people decided Robbie should be the next movie star and made it happen basically with a single movie (I, Tonya). Not surprising then that Rebel would be so bitter about it all.

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2024 3:35 AM

Abbie is 41.

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2024 3:41 AM

R28 Robbie shot to stardom in The Wolf Of Wallstreet. She was a bombshell who could act

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2024 3:45 AM

And then she played Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad, which gave her an even higher profile. I, Tonya just proved she had actual talent.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2024 3:50 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!