Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Eldergays will you be participating in any upcoming Pride events?

Be truthful in your response

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 9:02 AM

Of .my own intention, probably not. There is a 3-day weekend of parade and events, mostly in a large plaza/park five minutes from my house. It's easy to forget and then stumble across it. Usually however, there are friends visiting town that weekend from other places or who are from here originally and now live elsewhere. It's a bigger thing for done of them than for me who can't be arsed to we walk a few blocks.

Pride always reminds me of New Years Eve or American Halloween, holidays for amateurs unaccustomed to parties get too excited and drink too much and expect too much. The reality is it brings out the provincial people and the TQIA2S... sorts in cheap shiny clothes and cropped tops and rainbow accoutrements. It's usually a little tawdry and sad rather than celebratory or fun or bold. Nevermind all the pronouns served three ways (or more) and sad old acts from donkeys' years ago singing shit songs I never liked and which time has not improved (with scream directions of how to react to this "madness " and giveaways by the beer sponsors

No, its not the most wonderful time of the year for me. If I meet friends in town, the emphasis is in catching up with them. If I stumble upon it, I have a quick pass through and leave before it starts to look like the city overrun with football fans or masses of tourists and keep a mostly positive attitude by not lingering long.

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2024 3:21 AM

I go to show my face as a gay man in my late 50s. We are all entitled to be represented. It’s not as much fun now it’s been taken over by big business and the trans attention seekers.

by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2024 5:26 AM

Sheesh… I’m wondering if I sound like r1 when Pridetime rolls around.

by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2024 8:14 AM

Not really interested in Pride Events per se, but I'll not miss a good sex party if I can help it

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2024 9:01 AM

Great pole OP!

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2024 9:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!