Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do you think Oswald assassinated Kennedy?

I think it was for Russia (USSR), from his perspective. I don’t necessarily think Russia wanted it to happen. But he thought Russia wanted it to happen.

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2024 7:21 PM

Because he longed to be somebody.

by Anonymousreply 1May 5, 2024 12:09 AM

He wanted fame. Combine that with his crazy. Et voila! PBS has a great documentary about him. The years from when he was a kid until right before the assassination. It's really good. I think it's on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 2May 5, 2024 12:10 AM

I realized as young as 12 after reading the Warren Report that something was a miss. The single bullet theory alone was science fiction. Personally I don't think Oswald ever shot that rifle they found. He was involved somewhat on a lesser capacity, but he was very much a patsy. And everyone who was a witness, or had some evidence to the contrary to the official narrative died in some fashion within 2-3 years later.

by Anonymousreply 3May 5, 2024 12:16 AM

OP, PLEASE DO NOT AWAKEN the one who will fight to the death that Oswald killed Kennedy CASE CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 4May 5, 2024 12:24 AM

When you see Dealey plaza the book Depository looks far away from where the motorcade drove by but it is closer than it looks. Other sharp-shooters have recreated that shot and most of them made the shot easily. Oswald was a narcissist, He also tried to shoot General Walker before he shot Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 5May 5, 2024 12:31 AM

It was because of the ghosts of other assassins past and future, successful and would-be, according to Stephen Sondheim.

by Anonymousreply 6May 5, 2024 12:33 AM

R5, I was in Dallas last week for the first time and walked through Dealey Plaza and the former Depository.

The area seemed so small compared to all that I had seen about it growing up.

by Anonymousreply 7May 5, 2024 12:36 AM

[quote] When you see Dealey plaza the book Depository looks far away from where the motorcade drove by but it is closer than it looks. Other sharp-shooters have recreated that shot and most of them made the shot easily. Oswald was a narcissist, He also tried to shoot General Walker before he shot Kennedy.

Couple that with the fact motorcade was going ten miles per hour, & JFK was a sitting duck.

by Anonymousreply 8May 5, 2024 12:53 AM

JFK was wearing a back brace, as well. He was sitting upright and wasn’t moving around in his seat as a result-this made it easier for Oswald to pick him off

by Anonymousreply 9May 5, 2024 12:58 AM

It’s the CIA obviously

by Anonymousreply 10May 5, 2024 1:00 AM

I'm with R3.

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2024 1:02 AM

There was a movie in the 70s called The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald. The woman who played Marina was a girl I grew up with. Mo Malone. When she made the movie she went to Dallas to meet Marina. Marina told Mo she would never have worn the red dress that Mo wore in the movie. Mo did a great job because she spoke Russian throughout the movie with a perfect-sounding accent and she never spoke a word of Russian in her whole life. I was pretty close to her and some of my other friends have tried to find her but she seems to have disappeared. She also played the girlfriend of one of the Wright brothers in a movie called The Winds of Kitty Hawk. I wish I knew what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 12May 5, 2024 1:03 AM

The JFK assassination conspiracy theorists - mostly on the left - are the equivalent of the 2020 rigged election conspiracists.

by Anonymousreply 13May 5, 2024 1:04 AM

Those two things are not at all equivalent

by Anonymousreply 14May 5, 2024 1:10 AM

One has to be seriously deficient in the capacity for critical thinking to conflate the JFK assassination, an event that in fact happened, with 2020 rigged election, which there is no evidence ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 15May 5, 2024 1:25 AM

The bottom, connecting, line is the belief - against a mountain of evidence - in global conspiracies.

by Anonymousreply 16May 5, 2024 1:28 AM

^ Also the belief that the messiah Trump could not have really lost, & that the history-changing JFK couldn’t have been felled by a lone schmuck.

by Anonymousreply 17May 5, 2024 1:31 AM

If there was a huge conspiracy, Oswald would never gotten out of the TSBDB alive, let alone allowed to live - and talk - for another 48 hours.

by Anonymousreply 18May 5, 2024 1:34 AM

Here's her IMDb page, r12. Looks like she quit the business or...?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 5, 2024 1:36 AM

and it's a Trump thread. Kudos girls.

by Anonymousreply 20May 5, 2024 1:49 AM

As an elder, I can recall watching LHO's histrionic narcissist mother multiple times on TV. Reading several biographies led me to believe that he shot JFK, mostly because he was so influenced by his mother's twisted personality.

by Anonymousreply 21May 5, 2024 2:07 AM

When I was a kid and long before photoshop, a picture of Oswald was printed in the newspaper of him holding a similar rifle. It was obvious that the picture was fucked with, his head on the body of someone else. That was the day I smelled a rat.

by Anonymousreply 22May 5, 2024 2:34 AM

THE DAY I SMELLED A RAT

by r22

by Anonymousreply 23May 5, 2024 2:39 AM

R22 I remember that photo and it was so obviously altered I'm surprised they published it.

by Anonymousreply 24May 5, 2024 2:45 AM

According to the Let's Be Dallas thread Jock Ewing had something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 25May 5, 2024 2:48 AM

My partner worked as an assistant to the Dallas Police Chief in the later 1970s.

He always said it was common knowledge in HQ that there was a conspiracy, that the Ruby hit was part of it (Oswald was to have been killed prior to arrest, but it didn't work.), and that Oswald was stupid and led by the nose and didn't know the full extent of what actually had been planned. Oswald was a patsy, but not an innocent one.

He got away when he realized how corrupt everything was. He loathed Johnson and John Tower,

by Anonymousreply 26May 5, 2024 3:01 AM

He didn't.

Duh.

by Anonymousreply 27May 5, 2024 3:03 AM

Oswald had a lifelong ambition of becoming a hatter to the elite. JFK's eschewing of hats caused them to go out of style, thereby crushing Oswald's dream and kindling the flames of resentment that would lead to that tragic day.

The fashion industry was loath to be associated with Oswald and had ambitions of reviving men's headwear to recoup the loss in sales they had suffered. Once they got word I was going to break this story, they murdered me and staged the body to look like a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 28May 5, 2024 8:11 AM

He didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 29May 5, 2024 8:18 AM

[quote] As an elder, I can recall watching LHO's histrionic narcissist mother multiple times on TV.

Bob Schieffer, a then-Ft. Worth newsman, who inadvertently found himself the driver for Marguerite that fateful day (& then had more dealings with her), once observed that to know the mother was enough to engender some sympathy for the son.

by Anonymousreply 30May 5, 2024 10:46 AM

[quote] When I was a kid and long before photoshop, a picture of Oswald was printed in the newspaper of him holding a similar rifle. It was obvious that the picture was fucked with, his head on the body of someone else. That was the day I smelled a rat.

I know that conspiracists are going to conspire, but please try to keep up. That photo has long - & often - been authenticated. Even Marina has copped to being the photographer.

by Anonymousreply 31May 5, 2024 10:48 AM

[quote] He didn't. Duh.

Ahem.

by Anonymousreply 32May 5, 2024 10:55 AM

Well, that settles it then! Marina "copped to being photographer." So of course the photo wasn't altered. .............

by Anonymousreply 33May 5, 2024 1:22 PM

[quote] Well, that settles it then! Marina "copped to being photographer." So of course the photo wasn't altered. .............

I post this link knowing full well that conspiracists - of any stripe - will not be persuaded by the facts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 5, 2024 1:54 PM

[quote]that the Ruby hit was part of it

Bear in mind that minutes before that Ruby had stopped at a Western Union office to wire money to a dancer who worked in one of his clubs. The window of opportunity to shoot Oswald would have been quite tight. If had had to wait any length of time at the WU office he would have lost his chance.

by Anonymousreply 35May 5, 2024 2:18 PM

[quote] Bear in mind that minutes before that Ruby had stopped at a Western Union office to wire money to a dancer who worked in one of his clubs.

Bear in mind Ruby - the "hit man" - was in proximity of Oswald Friday night. A piss-poor hit man.

by Anonymousreply 36May 5, 2024 2:25 PM

I wouldn't deign to try to decipher the working of LHO's twisted mind.

by Anonymousreply 37May 5, 2024 5:04 PM

He was very angry that Marina said she thought John F. Kennedy was "cute". I actually read that somewhere, ages ago. Apparently he was a jealous guy.

by Anonymousreply 38May 5, 2024 7:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!