Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dom Afonso, Prince of Portugal

And next in line to the Portuguese throne. Isn't he divoon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 9:49 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 11:41 PM

Op, there is no monarchy in Portugal. He is the son of one ascendents to be to the non-existent throne. I grant you that he looks ok with a beard but the whole family is dire.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 11:54 PM

Another Pretender. He's good to work in some European bank or to round out a socialite's dinner party.

Is he taller than the last king of Portugal?

by Anonymousreply 3May 4, 2024 12:06 AM

Oh yeah.

by Anonymousreply 4May 4, 2024 1:24 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 4, 2024 4:15 AM

Judging by that pic above of the Duchess of Alba, this guy is an improvement on some of the nobility of the Iberian Peninsula, although his nose is a little wonky. Attractive enough, and very nice eyes.

by Anonymousreply 6May 4, 2024 4:17 AM

Hmm. that link turned stinky. I'll try again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 4, 2024 4:20 AM

I can't believe what a fug the late Duchess of Alba was. (image at R5)

Below is a link with an image of her when she was younger. Never a great beauty, by a long shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 4, 2024 6:00 AM

Portugal is a republic OP, and has been for over a century. It won’t change back. It’s not Spain.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 7:31 AM

R2, the monarchy exists whether the hoi polloi wants to stamp their little feet and declare the nation a republic or not.

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 5:55 PM

R10, it is literally called the Portuguese Republic. The monarchy is in your head, where it should be. 😘

by Anonymousreply 11May 5, 2024 11:49 PM

Well, he's no Dom Deluise.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2024 12:41 AM

Is it me, or does he resemble the short Greek billionaire Tiff Trump married? A Mediterranean thing?

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2024 1:00 AM

Bring back the monarchy in Portugal.

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2024 1:27 AM

R11, they can call it whatever they want. I'm always on the side of the monarchy. Monarchies are so much more fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2024 9:41 PM

R15 = Prince George

by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2024 10:07 PM

^

Most countries in the world manage without them.

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 9:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!