Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Final episode of Gavin & Stacey will air Christmas Day

So glad, because this is the only and last thing I'll watch with that cunt James Corden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 1:03 PM

I liked this show far more than I should've, so this is potentially good news. That said, I found the last round was missing something...and by "something", I mean Margaret John's Doris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 10:28 AM

It's good news that they're going to give it a final send off and it's not surprising it's coming now that Corden's show in America has finished. I just hope it's good, because if it's a stinker it'll taint the whole series.

That said, I expect they've taken a long time over writing it, so fingers crossed it'll be good. Hopefully they'll get back all the main cast listed in the article. I expect they'll all want to do it, especially those who haven't been around much since the last episode! It'll be 17 years since the show first started.

James Corden is annoying in real life but as he'll be playing Smithy he'll be watchable at least.

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 10:29 AM

Will there be a murder? We all know who it should be.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 10:30 AM

This is pretty much the only card Corden can play in his redemption arc, IMO. It was inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 10:32 AM

I just don’t understand this show’s popularity. I don’t find it at all funny.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 12:27 PM

I never found it laugh-out-loud funny, but it's pretty clever and I like most of the characters. After three series it had definitely run its course, though.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 12:50 PM

This shit? Fucking mediocrity that exemplifies broken Brexit Britain.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 12:59 PM

Comments like R7 make me wish I hadn't used my FFs up elsewhere!

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 1:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!