Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Picky eating habits that make no damn sense.

Do you find yourself not liking a specific food but only when it's prepared a certain way?

For example, I don't like candied yams, but I like sweet potato pie. I also don't like coconut flakes, but like coconut creme pie (without the flakes). Orange juice is gross because "It looks like uncooked scrambled eggs." Hate peas, but loves pea soup. Can't stand oatmeal but love granola cereal. I don't like eating tomatoes whole like an apple, but will eat them sliced. I don't like apple sauce, but love eating apples whole.

Tf is my problem?

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2024 4:12 AM

HATE it, just grow the fuck up

by Anonymousreply 1May 3, 2024 2:36 AM

Baby tastes!

by Anonymousreply 2May 3, 2024 2:37 AM

Also, crunchy peanut butter is gross on bread, but fine on crackers.

by Anonymousreply 3May 3, 2024 2:37 AM

You've got SOME issues, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4May 3, 2024 2:37 AM

I ignore other’s food quirks and I surely never cater to them.

by Anonymousreply 5May 3, 2024 2:39 AM

r2 According to my mother, not too many people really liked babysitting me, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 2:40 AM

I hate peas and love pea soup, too, OP. You sure have a lot of food quirks, but I think a lot of them have to do with texture.

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 2:40 AM

Can't eat bone-in meat or poultry. Can't stand the texture of most seafood, e.g., mussels, squid, oysters, and shrimp. The thought of lamb, venison, and goat creeps me out for some unknown reason. No hot desserts or beverages. Cold or room temperature only. Ham terrifies me.

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 2:43 AM

R7 again, adding that I hate peas because they pop when you bite them and they're mealy inside. I also hate cherry tomatoes because they pop and have wet slime inside. I like regular tomatoes pretty well.

by Anonymousreply 9May 3, 2024 2:43 AM

[quote] Tf is my problem?

You grew up/live in the Midwest?

by Anonymousreply 10May 3, 2024 2:43 AM

Those are quite different peas. I like both unless canned. Yuck frozen only for the green ones.

by Anonymousreply 11May 3, 2024 2:45 AM

r10 Gasp! What gave me away?

by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2024 2:46 AM

I dislike eating cake and ice cream together.

Separately, I love eating both.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2024 2:48 AM

I like orange juice but not oranges. I’ll eat peanuts, peanut butter cookies, and Reese cups but I won’t eat peanut butter.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2024 2:54 AM

OP need to eat shit and die

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2024 2:56 AM

I always eat dinner dishes one by one. (If I had a side and a main course, I always eat the side first, before even trying the main.)

Similar to R14, I despise peanut butter by itself, but Reese's-style peanut butter cups are one of my favorite candies.

I can't eat cooked fruit, e.g. an apple pie, without feeling queasy – meaning ANY type of fruit. I have no problems with raw fruit.

I'll happily guzzle cum till the cows come home, however.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2024 3:09 AM

OP You have a hypersensitivity to textures

Surely you have realized this

You have a bias toward sweet flavors being expressed through smooth textures like coconut creme. They have to be extremely smooth because even the slight coarseness of applesauce or oatmeal irritates you. Even the aversion to orange juice is based on a visual association with a textured food, scrambled eggs; or disgust to pulp in fresh squeezed or homestyle variations.

I would say you had high functioning autism but someone with high functioning autism would have already seen the pattern.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2024 3:24 AM

r17 What is DL's obsession with autism? I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 3, 2024 3:52 AM

I’m having food obsessions on semaglutide and terzepatide (I’ve mostly take sema, but tried terza twice.

I never, ever took Sema and Terza together because that is a good way to end up in the hospital. Never do 2 GLPs at same time,

I started out eating tiny cinnamon cakes for breakfast. For month. That’s all I could eat. Then after about 3 months I couldn’t stand them anymore and switched to Thomas’ toaster corn cakes. Ate those for about 3 months. Couldn’t stand them anymore and switched to La Boulangere Pains Au Chocolat Croissants. When I get to shop at Trader Joe’s I buy chocolate covered almond biscotti.

I’ve been obsessed with beans, cut up franks and dark mustard for dinner. And Trader Joe’s thick turkey slices in a sandwich for lunch.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2024 4:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!