Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Former President and Mrs. Kennedy

Do you suppose that had he lived, they would have remained married or divorced? No other president and first lady have divorced after the White House (big yet for the Trumps.) Would they have lived polite keeping up appearances lives? Would Jack have kept it zipped? Would Jackie have sent the pink suit to consignment? Would he have been happier with a second wife with some talent and a lot of style?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2024 1:18 AM

I think Jackie may have answered that question when she explained her decision to be buried next to Jack was because her place in history was next to him.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 9:39 PM

Zero chance Jack would have kept it zipped.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 9:44 PM

By all accounts, living in the White House strengthened their marriage. By the time he was assassinated, their marriage was the strongest it had ever been-the death of Patrick in the summer brought them closer. She mentioned or alluded to this in her interviews with William Manchester, Theodore White and Arthur Schlesinger.

She was never really bothered by the adultery; it was the incessant campaigning and interference of his family that annoyed her.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 9:46 PM

From what I've read they mostly kept up appearances. They had problems before JFK became president, but things were apparently better during the presidency even though he still had flings. They probably would have divorced after the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 9:48 PM

No chance they would have divorced. They more likely would have effectively lived separate lives.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 9:52 PM

I think he would have been happier with Edie Beale.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 9:55 PM

The better question would be if the 75-year old widower would have remarried after Jackie’s death.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 10:09 PM

He had a lot of health issues. I think he would’ve died relatively young naturally. Dead by their 20th anniversary. No need for a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote]I think he would have been happier with Edie Beale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 10:56 PM

Yeah, R8, I think he might have died of a heart attack at the Johnson ranch the night of Nov. 22.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 11:09 PM

Everything was going fine, then I had to run off.

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 11:12 PM

If a pissed off mobster or some woman’s husband shooting him didn’t kill him first, the Addisons and everything else compounded by Dr Feelgood’s drug injections would have. He’d have been lucky to make it to 50.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 11:17 PM

Yes his Addisons disease was getting progressively worse. JFK may have made it into his fifties, but definitely not his sixties.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 11:49 PM

R12, you’re then surmising he wouldn’t make it through a second term.

by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2024 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!