Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you use a laptop lap desk at home?

Or do you position laptop directly on your lap? Or what?

I bought a lap desk about ten years ago and love it, nice, comfortable cushion on bottom.

I recently ordered a new fancy schmancy one that was wider and had phone and cup holder but I didn't like it and sent it back. Too big and the cushion on bottom wasn't comfortable. I'll stick with my basic old one that is just slightly wider than the laptop and no bells and whistles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 1:01 AM

I use mine that is just sitting on top of my desk.

by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 7:28 PM

I should have been more specific, when you use your laptop at home for leisure while lounging on the sofa or in a recliner or relaxing outside in a lawn chair.

I use my lap desk as I lounge reclined in my recliner for leisure and for work. I realize most WFH people do sit at a desk at home for work. I don't.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 7:52 PM

I use a full sized desk top computer and I love ❤️ it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 7:56 PM

Desk top with Windows 7... I'm down with all the kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 8:02 PM

I don't use my laptop while lounging, that's what phones and tablets are for. I will sometimes bring the laptop outside and work from my patio table, otherwise it's just on my desk. I turn it off and close it at the end of the workday.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 8:06 PM

I balance my laptop on the tip of my erect penis.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 8:18 PM

I use a lap desk for my iPad.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 8:21 PM

I just don't enjoy scrolling or watching anything on my phone for leisure.

I do also have a pillow pad for my tablet. See photo of pillow pad below.

I guess being near or at "elder" age, I like my screen big and everything surrounding comfortable and pillow soft. 😊

Also, what is the cut-off age here on DL when one goes from middle age to elder age?

River says our lives are like the four seasons, summer (baby/child/teen), spring (20s, 30s), autumn (40s, 50s, early 60s), winter (mid 60s+). I consider myself a late autumn but DL's stringent standards may consider me already in my winter years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 8:26 PM

^ Oh, honey, you're Ice Age 🥶

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 8:41 PM

No. My home computer is an old iMac desktop. My WFH computer is a Dell laptop that i use on a low table while i sit on the floor.

For lounging, i use an ipad propped up on a folded blanket or a pillow.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 9:09 PM

OP this is exactly what I need. My laptop keyboard stopped working properly even though it's not yet 5 years old. I bought a wireless keyboard and it works great, but it's awkward because in order for it to work with my narrow home desk setup, I have to use it while it's resting on my lap. What brand/type is yours? There are so many different kinds out there, and I'm not sure one with cushions will work for what I need. Perhaps I need one that works similar to a breakfast tray. Decision decisions!

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 9:20 PM

I've used one of these from Levinger for the past 30 years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 9:20 PM

R8 - I need one of those for my ipad, stat. I've been balancing mine on a throw pillow.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 9:23 PM

This thread belongs in "let's be an eldergay's house"

Laptop pads while you recline in a chair is the modern version of carpeted toilet seat covers. Hey they were warm and soft too.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 9:27 PM

Sit up straight and keep your computer on your desk. I shudder at the thought of all the back problems people are going to have after reclining as much as they do.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 9:33 PM

Me too, OP. I have a fancy one and a basic one, and I love the basic one.

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 9:35 PM

I really dont get why people want to use laptop at home, I get if for travel or work, which is what they were originally designed for by the way. I use a desktop with a 27 inch monitor and a custom built water cooled PC which cost me about $5,000 for all the parts. It 10 times more powerful than any laptop you can buy. You need that if you do 3D modeling, video editing or any other kind of work that requires massive processing power.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 9:40 PM

R14 - don't care. As I'm getting older, comfort and quality are more important, and I will buy what I want to accommodate my desire to have a more comfortable life for the rest of my life. Also, carpeted toilet seat covers are a (tacky) style choice, not a comfort one.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 9:40 PM

I like to use a full sized keyboard with number pad

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 9:51 PM

r13, the Pillow Pad is an As Seen on TV thing but there are many knockoffs now on Amazon and even Walmart. I got mine at Bed Bath and Beyond three or four years ago. The new ones fold but mine is a solid cube pillow. Love it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 9:52 PM

OP's next keyboard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 9:53 PM

So you're one of those little turds who orders things and sends them back. Over and over and over.

Thanks for your contribution to the economy.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 10:09 PM

My pleasure, r22!

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 10:33 PM

I tried a couple of lap desks for a MacBook Air but found the fabric too hot. So I bought a 100% cotton child’s pillow w/case on Amazon. It’s a perfect size and light/cool.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 10:51 PM

On my actual lap? Very rarely, and then only for a few minutes at most, if I'm lying on a sofa or seated away from a desk or table. Neither of those examples is for more than a fleeting few minutes.

Normally my laptops are on a desk or a writing table or so e other table where it's convenient to read and use. Just because it's called a "laptop" doesn't mean you should have it on your lap like a fucking granny shawl.

by Anonymousreply 25May 3, 2024 1:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!