Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot Aussie brothers and an American gone missing in Baja California

They're quite done for, aren't they?

[quote]Jake and Callum Robinson failed to arrive at holiday accommodation in the city of Rosarito. It's understood they were surfing and camping at the popular surfing spot Punta San Jose near the city of Ensanada. They were believed to be travelling with Jack Carter Rhoad, who is an American citizen and is also missing. Callum is a Type 1 diabetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353May 12, 2024 12:20 PM

Article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 2, 2024 8:05 AM

[quote]Callum is a Type 1 diabetic

He'll die without insulin.

by Anonymousreply 2May 2, 2024 9:31 AM

Baja California state – Reconsider Travel

Reconsider travel due to crime and kidnapping.

Transnational criminal organizations compete in the border area to establish narco-trafficking and human smuggling routes. Violent crime and gang activity are common. Travelers should remain on main highways and avoid remote locations. Of particular concern is the high number of homicides in the non-tourist areas of Tijuana. Most homicides appeared to be targeted; however, criminal organization assassinations and territorial disputes can result in bystanders being injured or killed. U.S. citizens and LPRs have been victims of kidnapping.

by Anonymousreply 3May 2, 2024 9:45 AM

They've either been eaten by a shark, or they've been sodomised and had their organs harvested!

by Anonymousreply 4May 2, 2024 10:13 AM

They're not small lads, the brothers. 6'2" and 6'4". I am not a kidnapper, but if I were, I'd go for easier prey.

by Anonymousreply 5May 2, 2024 10:18 AM

One of their phones lit up an hour's drive from where they went missing. A 25-year-old frau was discovered to have it, along with drugs, and was arrested. I'm thinking the cartels definitely got to them.

Isn't Perth a surfing heaven? Aside from all the sharks, that is. Why would you go to somewhere as dangerous as Baja to do what you can safely do at home? Shame on the American for not giving them a clear picture of that area. Should have just taken them to Cali instead, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 10:26 AM

¿por que Dios? ¿por qué? ¡¿Por qué tuviste que recibir un arranque tan caliente?!

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 12:04 PM

Any of them homos?

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 12:16 PM

Momma's mussy, activate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 12:28 PM

Just look at them!

The gods should have taken Rebel Wilson instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 12:32 PM

I dragged them down under..

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 12:42 PM

They likely met a violent end at the hands of humans given the fact that a cell phone was found on some random woman. If kidnapped or something, word would've been heard by now. Shame. But another reason not to visit most parts of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 12:45 PM

It's very sad when hot people die.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 12:48 PM

They were the crown jewels of Australia, looks-wise, but they just couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 12:51 PM

Baja California means Lower California in Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 15May 2, 2024 12:52 PM

How could God take such sumptuous brick shithouses?

by Anonymousreply 16May 2, 2024 12:59 PM

Stupid people are easy prey no matter how handsome.

by Anonymousreply 17May 2, 2024 1:06 PM

r15 thank you! How could we have gone out without this information?

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2024 1:07 PM

If they were murdered, why not take the car?

by Anonymousreply 19May 2, 2024 1:09 PM

I remember there was a hot Dutch guy who did a youtube travel blog. He was in Columbia and met up with some women at a club got drugged and they stole everything he had, despite warnings of this happening to tourists. It always fascinates me when people ignore obvious dangers in travel warnings.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 1:10 PM

It gets even hotter – Callum was a lacrosse player, former Australian National Team defenseman. Because of course he was.

[quote]Jack Carter Rhoad

I'm getting Old Money vibes from this name, yet I can't find a single thing about him online.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 1:16 PM

There is a Lacrosse community?

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 1:35 PM

Yeah, lacrosse is huge in the Commonwealth.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 1:37 PM

Here's the hot one's insta...

This story (and this insta account) reminds me of that story we obsessed over a few years back with he young aussie athletic guy who was found dead in Chicago hotel room with his older boss... The athlete there had an hot insta with tons of hot aussie friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 2:03 PM

Surfers are on the periphery of society. It’s not unusual for some to go missing..

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2024 2:09 PM

Cowabunga! Mama's mussy is frothing and salty.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 2:16 PM

Shark food or drug cartel...

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 2:22 PM

The shark theory is nonsense, the odds of all three getting got by sharks on the same day are infinitesimal.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 2:28 PM

And there's the woman with the cell phone. Doesn't make much sense if it was sharks.

They were probably killed and not by a gay serial killer or anything interesting like that. Just some guys with guns wanting their vehicle and money. If kidnapped, there would have been word by now.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 2:32 PM

I initially thought perhaps a surfing accident. But learning the notorious area where they've gone missing plus their lost phone found on that woman, yeah, foul play was likely involved.

by Anonymousreply 30May 2, 2024 2:36 PM

Wow, tourist disappearances in Baja are rare, I can't remember an incident where tourists vanished. Robbed, yes, also at surfing spots (my brother used to live in Baja).

And these fellas were big, it's weird.

by Anonymousreply 31May 2, 2024 2:36 PM

Perhaps they ventured too far out from the safe tourist spot for some cheap local pussy, and found there more than they bargained for. Went looking for some authentic Mexican experience and very much received one.

by Anonymousreply 32May 2, 2024 2:42 PM

Long haired one looks just like Dan Cortese.

by Anonymousreply 33May 2, 2024 2:45 PM

Drugged and kept as sex slaves?

by Anonymousreply 34May 2, 2024 3:12 PM

Unfortunately, probably not.

by Anonymousreply 35May 2, 2024 3:13 PM

First that Okie twink the other day, now these two. I just don't know what this world is coming to.

by Anonymousreply 36May 2, 2024 3:16 PM

A similar story from 2015. I don't think there's going to be a happy ending here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 2, 2024 3:29 PM

[quote] Callum Robinson📍San Diego, CA ↔️ Perth, Aus 🇦🇺~ If you’re not living on the edge,you’re taking up too much room ~

How's that "living on the edge" working out for you, douchebag?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 2, 2024 3:54 PM

R37 I remember that case and wondered whether the currently missing Aussies fought back too. But the older crime took place in a remote area in Sinaloa, on the doorstep of the Sinaloa cartel although the killers didn't seem to be members of the cartel.

If these surfers don't tuen out to be shark food then they were kidnapped. Kidnapping in Mexico has moved from targeting wealthy people who have learned to travel with security, to just about anyone viewed as having anything. My brother and his friend were victims in Tijuana but not murdered.

"Mexico today suffers from so-called “express abductions.” The offender could be an employee at a bar or a taxi driver who notices a person sporting a good watch or designer bag. They’ll scare the victim with a weapon, force them to withdraw all the money they can, and then dump the victim on the street.If criminals see something valuable, they’ll target you — “all they want is quick, easy money,” said private investigator Jay Armes."

by Anonymousreply 39May 2, 2024 3:59 PM

r38 Damn, he was posting Insta stories from Mexico just four days ago, with ominous dark clouds in the first photo and everything. You can even see Carter Rhoad and his (private) Insta there, @reddroad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 2, 2024 4:01 PM

I'm just spitballing here, but could perhaps that Baby Reindeer stalker frau be enlisted to help solve this case? Hopefully their parents won't waste their money on psychic mediums (media?), those scammers must be circling them like vultures as I type.

by Anonymousreply 41May 2, 2024 4:20 PM

[quote] Isn't Perth a surfing heaven? Aside from all the sharks, that is. Why would you go to somewhere as dangerous as Baja to do what you can safely do at home?

I think that’s the nature of surfers.

by Anonymousreply 42May 2, 2024 4:42 PM

R42 said it. After reading 'Barbarian Days: A Surfing Life' you'll wonder how any of them live long enough to grow old. If you don't drown this is what happens to you:

The Gold Coast was an object lesson in how I was destroying my body through surfing. Looking around at Australians who spent a lot of time in tropical sun for which they were genetically unprepared—most were of Northern European ancestry—I could see my own sorry medical future. Every other surfer, even teenagers, seemed to have pterygia—sun-caused cataracts—clouding their blue eyes. The scabby ears and purple noses and scarily mottled arms of the middle-aged were fair warning: basal-cell carcinoma (if not squamous-cell, if not melanoma) ahead. I already had pterygia myself, in both eyes. Not that I took any preventive measures, or that surfing in colder places was necessarily any less damaging. My years in the freezing ocean in Santa Cruz had given me exostoses—bony growths in the ear canal, known as “surfer’s ear”—which were now constantly trapping seawater, causing painful infections, and would eventually require three operations. Then there was the usual run of surf injuries: scrapes, gashes, reef rashes, a broken nose, torn ankle cartilage. I had no interest in any of this at the time. All I wanted from my body was for it to paddle faster and surf better.

by Anonymousreply 43May 2, 2024 4:55 PM

Please god someone find the hot Aussies!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44May 2, 2024 4:58 PM

r43 Horrifying, but also super interesting. I know long-time surfers tend to generally be laid back and quite simple people (in a good way), but do we know what they're like in the sack? Are they any good, what with all that lean muscle everywhere? Or are they distracted, constantly thinking of the next wave that needs catching?

by Anonymousreply 45May 2, 2024 5:12 PM

[quote]bony growths in the ear canal

WTF?

by Anonymousreply 46May 2, 2024 6:37 PM

Are they barnacles? Do surfers have barnacles in their ear canals? Bitchin’.

by Anonymousreply 47May 2, 2024 6:51 PM

The life of an instahoe always ends in tears.

by Anonymousreply 48May 2, 2024 6:52 PM

[R24] Damn he’s gorgeous. Those muscles in that lacrosse pic!

by Anonymousreply 49May 2, 2024 6:58 PM

*was gorgeous 😥

by Anonymousreply 50May 2, 2024 6:59 PM

[quote] The athlete there had an hot insta with tons of hot aussie friends.

R24 = 15-year-old girl, killing time and brain cells in study hall.

by Anonymousreply 51May 2, 2024 7:10 PM

Big time Aussie coke dealers get whacked by the cartel, lured and gutted probably, condolences to the family, at least be happy that the Hemsworths are safe and still hot.

by Anonymousreply 52May 2, 2024 11:07 PM

Cartels.

by Anonymousreply 53May 2, 2024 11:17 PM

Drug deal turned robbery turned murder. Bodies either chopped up and fish food or more likely in a shallow grave in the dunes surrounding where their car was found.

by Anonymousreply 54May 2, 2024 11:31 PM

They may have gotten kidnapped and resisted that wouldn't be a healthy thing to do. The cartel is ultimately about business. Business does not want the tourists to leave. More likeley If somebody killed them for almost any reason they are going to be in big trouble with the cartel. The federals will be inquiring if and where the cartel permits them to.

by Anonymousreply 55May 2, 2024 11:34 PM

The two big guys ate the little one.

by Anonymousreply 56May 2, 2024 11:36 PM

Latest update (article attached):

On Friday morning, Baja California Attorney-General María Elena Andrade Ramírez told reporters three Mexican people had been arrested in connection to the case.

It is understood police were able to make the arrests after one of the brothers’ mobile phones was turned back on, and pinged a local mobile tower.

A woman was found in possession of the phone as well as some illicit drugs.

She was arrested along with two other men.

A burned out car was found on a ranch in the Santo Tomás area after the ranch manager called 911 on Thursday (local time), according to local media TalkBaja.

A check of the vehicle’s VIN reportedly identified it as belonging to one of the three missing surfers. The men were said to be driving a Chevrolet Colorado with the Californian number plate 70189W1.

Three abandoned tents were discovered south of the Ensenada region and local authorities have searched hundreds of square kilometres of land in the surrounding area.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 2, 2024 11:44 PM

r15 you sure it doesn't mean "whale's vagina?"

by Anonymousreply 58May 2, 2024 11:44 PM

I became (briefly) obsessed with surfing movies after watching 100 FOOT WAVE from HBO. These guys are a breed apart. They live to surf, and their homes are quite rundown/unrenovated/modest because all their money is invested in travelling to chase the next big wave.

by Anonymousreply 59May 3, 2024 12:18 AM

In r57's link, it said their burnt out car was found but didn't mention if there are any bodies inside. Maybe they were able to escape on foot and still alive.

by Anonymousreply 60May 3, 2024 1:21 AM

This is what happens when you do stuff like exercise.

by Anonymousreply 61May 3, 2024 1:25 AM

RIP hot surfer dudes.

by Anonymousreply 62May 3, 2024 1:30 AM

Two friends of mine want me to accompany them to Mexico in September for a 10 week vacation. I flatly refused. In the last 10-15 years tourists have become very much a target in many key vacation spots in Mexico. I went there twice in the 1990s and it6 was nice enough, but there are many other places in the world I can go for vacation without being concerned with my safety.

by Anonymousreply 63May 3, 2024 1:48 AM

Edit: Two friends of mine want me to accompany them to Mexico in September for a 10 DAY vacation

by Anonymousreply 64May 3, 2024 1:49 AM

The burnt-out car development makes it sound eerily similar to r37's story, sans the corpses.

by Anonymousreply 65May 3, 2024 3:17 AM

There are regular criminals in Mexico, r6. Not everyone is a gold-toothed, heavily-tattooed, machete-waving cartel member. People always assume the worst about Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 66May 3, 2024 3:27 AM

[quote]People always assume the worst about Mexico.

Let's be real for a second. People – tourists and locals alike – don't regularly disappear in Australia the way they do in Mexico. Nor do countries issue the same stark travel advisories for Australia. If people assume the worst about Mexico, it's because you have a greater chance of getting murdered there than if you go surfing in California or Portugal. Whether you're killed by a cartel member or a low-level criminal is beside the point, the end result is the same.

by Anonymousreply 67May 3, 2024 3:37 AM

R63 Well, might as well…

You in danger, gurl!

by Anonymousreply 68May 3, 2024 3:39 AM

Big boy. Sad, they will never find the bodies. He hit all the high spots for IG. Even the Coachella Douche Bus.

by Anonymousreply 69May 3, 2024 4:17 AM

On the plus side Mexico City is much safer than it was in kidnap days. Just don't let anyone give you an open drink. Scopalamine.

by Anonymousreply 70May 3, 2024 4:47 AM

So are we thinking the surfers were robbed by tweakers, attempted to fight back, which left their teeth at the crime scene, and the cartels turned them in?

by Anonymousreply 71May 3, 2024 4:58 PM

That's what you get when you teach your boys to enjoy nature and alcohol instead of video games.

by Anonymousreply 72May 3, 2024 5:12 PM

Doesn't sound good!

by Anonymousreply 73May 3, 2024 8:11 PM

Those poor parents.

by Anonymousreply 74May 3, 2024 8:21 PM

Unfortunadely, looks like their bodies were now found.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 3, 2024 8:33 PM

At least the families will have something to bury and have some closure.

by Anonymousreply 76May 3, 2024 8:37 PM

I called it at R54. Bodies found near the car. Drug deal turned robbery turned murder next.

by Anonymousreply 77May 3, 2024 8:37 PM

Yet another example and reason why visiting Mexico isn't really on the top of my list.

by Anonymousreply 78May 4, 2024 2:27 AM

All 3 bodies located and deceased being reported on Australian news. 3 arrested so far.

by Anonymousreply 79May 4, 2024 2:37 AM

I’ve had no problems in Mexico City, Oaxaca and Puebla. Don’t write off an entire country…so many amazing places to visit in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 80May 4, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote] I know long-time surfers tend to generally be laid back and quite simple people (in a good way), but do we know what they're like in the sack?

I think the "laid-back" stereotype is untrue. Especially when it comes to guys who get really good at it. It's competitive (in the water) and the personalities can be intense, actually.

Possibly, you'll find more laid back guys on the huge boards in smaller waves.

By "simple," it sounds like you're saying simpleton. But I'm not sure what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 81May 4, 2024 2:49 AM

Now they’ve found a fourth body (a farmer missing from a few weeks ago) at the same spot. Also reporting that blood and ‘dental parts’ were found at the campsite.

JFC this is getting gruesome.

by Anonymousreply 82May 4, 2024 3:30 AM

Why the teeth?

by Anonymousreply 83May 4, 2024 3:33 AM

[quote]By "simple," it sounds like you're saying simpleton. But I'm not sure what you mean.

I meant in the sense of being ordinary, they're generally not "difficult" people who will call for the manager over the smallest thing. Someone else called them modest, which also captures what I wanted to convey.

by Anonymousreply 84May 4, 2024 3:39 AM

They're with the Okie twink and JonBenét up in heaven now, singing praises to the Lord. The two hot brothers, I mean, not sure about the average-looking American who didn't warn them about the state of Mexico beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 85May 4, 2024 3:45 AM

All these news articles talk about high rates of kidnappings in Baja... but don't kidnaappers usually keep the victims alive and demand a ransom? what's the point of kidnapping and killing?

by Anonymousreply 86May 4, 2024 3:56 AM

R86 Exactly. How stupid or insane are these people?

by Anonymousreply 87May 4, 2024 3:59 AM

R85, that harlot is burnin' in hell!

by Anonymousreply 88May 4, 2024 4:06 AM

Some interesting comments on the Australian subreddit where they're currently mourning this loss.

[quote]Mexican here, terribly sorry about this, we don't know exactly what happened, but it's on the front pages which in itself is very rare, we've had almost 200,000 deaths from cartel violence in the last 6 years and only in rare occasions like this where the victims are foreigners do they make the news, we are both sick of this and can't seem to find a way to eliminate these sort of violent/criminal acts as politicians are in bed with cartels, so if you dare go against the grain you end up murdered (about 20 or so political candidates have been assassinated just this past couple of months leading up to the upcoming election).

[quote]Sigh, as a Mexican actually living in Mexico. Please, stick to the very touristy areas if you visit. Go to Cancun, México City, Puebla, Oaxaca... If you do soft drugs or hard drugs... don't do that here. It's not worth it. Don't do any sexual tourism either, not only it is disgusting, but it can lead you to trouble with the Cartels.

[quote]I was with two mates and we left Tijuana and went down to Rosarito. We couldn't get a taxi back so we decided to just walk. A local pulled over and drove us back to our hotel in Tijuana. He was absolutely furious at us, he kept saying we didn't know how badly this could have turned out for us and how stupid we were. We tried to give him beer for the ride but he refused as long as we weren't so stupid again.

by Anonymousreply 89May 4, 2024 4:53 AM

I get the middle one but only if I can lose 20 pounds

by Anonymousreply 90May 4, 2024 5:33 AM

They had thick Aussie cocks...

by Anonymousreply 91May 4, 2024 5:43 AM

Are they like Girthmasterr? Odds are no

by Anonymousreply 92May 4, 2024 6:24 AM

Damn between these two guys and the hot Australian couple from a couple weeks ago. That's like four dead hot Australians. It's really a shame.

by Anonymousreply 93May 4, 2024 6:48 AM

[QUOTE]Why the teeth?

Shot in the mouth pre or post-mortem would preclude quick identification. But this case became too high profile.

by Anonymousreply 94May 4, 2024 7:58 AM

[quote]I called it at [R54]. Bodies found near the car. Drug deal turned robbery turned murder next.

Nope, says nothing about a drug deal. In Mexico you really are a target if you are not from there. It's gotten worse over the last 20 years to the point no sane person would drive there from the American side to a small town or city without high risk of getting robbed or murdered just some some cash or a cell phone. The only way to do it is to fly directly to the city or take a cruise ship. Once you go off the main grid you are easy pickings.

by Anonymousreply 95May 4, 2024 9:36 AM

TikTok challenge: take a walk from Tijuana to Rosarito at night, preferably alone.

by Anonymousreply 96May 4, 2024 10:57 AM

[quote]They had thick Aussie cocks...

Is "thick Aussie cocks" a thing? Most white Australians come from England and Ireland.

by Anonymousreply 97May 4, 2024 12:51 PM

[quote] Most white Australians come from England and Ireland

No, they come from Australia.

Came from? Generations ago? Sure. Not "come from".

by Anonymousreply 98May 4, 2024 1:19 PM

As a former, Chaturbate-frequenter, I can attest that almost every Australian that bated there was thick indeed r97

by Anonymousreply 99May 4, 2024 1:44 PM

Thank you R98.

by Anonymousreply 100May 4, 2024 1:48 PM

Sorry for the extra and unnecessary comma at r99. It's quite early for me and I haven't been appropriately caffeinated.

by Anonymousreply 101May 4, 2024 1:52 PM

That's ok R101. Rogue commas can happen to anybody. You seem far too classy for DL. Enjoy your coffee!

by Anonymousreply 102May 4, 2024 1:55 PM

I'm getting a "a tourist murdered? Let's round up the usual suspects" when it was probably the police.

by Anonymousreply 103May 4, 2024 2:13 PM

Vibe from all this

by Anonymousreply 104May 4, 2024 2:14 PM

The actor Justin Chatwin from Shameless is always in Baja with his rig camping and surfing off the grid. I’m not sure which parts he goes to but it looks magical. I’d think he’d be a target as he has a nice set-up and camps at times somewhat remotely.

by Anonymousreply 105May 4, 2024 8:23 PM

Here’s a few pics:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 4, 2024 8:28 PM

Another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 4, 2024 8:28 PM

Gorgeous:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 4, 2024 8:30 PM

It looks like an oasis:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 4, 2024 8:32 PM

Mexico is beautiful and the people are friendly, but it’s become such a dump. If you visit then don’t leave the resort or you’ll end up getting mugged or even worse murdered. Heartbreaking that this family lost two sons.

by Anonymousreply 110May 4, 2024 9:16 PM

R110 They can make another

by Anonymousreply 111May 4, 2024 9:17 PM

As I said R95, next up we’ll here about drugs being involved:

[Quote] Earlier on Friday, the Baja California Attorney-General said three Mexican nationals - two brothers and a 23-year-old woman - had been detained in connection with the surfers’ disappearances, and that they were allegedly found to be in possession of methamphetamines and other illegal drugs when they were arrested.

by Anonymousreply 112May 4, 2024 9:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 4, 2024 11:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 4, 2024 11:25 PM

Four bodies??

by Anonymousreply 115May 4, 2024 11:34 PM

I don't know if I'm convinced it was drug-related just because the people who murdered them were druggies. These guys were serious surfers and semi-pro athletes, no? Maybe guys like that do weed or mushrooms or something, but I don't see how you can be high on anything harder and physically perform the way their bodies needed to. Much more likely it was just a robbery gone bad—especially if they (the assailants) were methed out.

by Anonymousreply 116May 4, 2024 11:35 PM

The fourth body was a rancher who owned the property where the bodies were found in a well. He had been missing for weeks. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 117May 4, 2024 11:39 PM

They may have been athletes but they were on vacation in Mexico, where I see it most likely they may indulge in some recreational drugs.

by Anonymousreply 118May 4, 2024 11:39 PM

The fourth body was of the farmer who owned the property; he had disappeared a couple of weeks prior.

by Anonymousreply 119May 4, 2024 11:39 PM

Why are some of you intent on pushing the drugs narrative?

by Anonymousreply 120May 5, 2024 12:11 AM

Well, #NarcoPresidente (referring to crook Obrador) trending on Twitter for weeks with an excess of 50K and sometimes over 100K mentions, might help explain.

Broadly, it refers to Obrador receiving money for his presidential campaign from cartels in exchange for pulling the army and Federales from policing duties.

Drugs are always top of mind when murders occur in Mexico. Remember those four who drove to Matamoros from N or S. Carolina ostensibly so one could get cheap liposuction? That was their story which didn't add up. A couple of the guys were executed by cartels.

by Anonymousreply 121May 5, 2024 12:30 AM

r120 Because they want to push a "they deserved it" self-righteous narrative, like the cunts they are

by Anonymousreply 122May 5, 2024 2:35 AM

If they aren’t hung they did it to themselves

by Anonymousreply 123May 5, 2024 2:38 AM

[quote]Is "thick Aussie cocks" a thing? Most white Australians come from England and Ireland.

In the early 19th century the English transported to Australia the dregs of English and Irish society, who happened to have the thickest cocks.

by Anonymousreply 124May 5, 2024 2:53 AM

This is interesting. I mean I’ve seen data about length by country, but not girth. It would be interesting to see if those lists line up. Obviously if a country scores way higher in girth, well, they got fat cocks

by Anonymousreply 125May 5, 2024 2:58 AM

I did the research and damn boys we’re on to something. She’s a nice shade of darker blue on there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 5, 2024 3:01 AM

[quote] These guys were serious surfers and semi-pro athletes, no? Maybe guys like that do weed or mushrooms or something, but I don't see how you can be high on anything harder and physically perform the way their bodies needed to.

Pro surfer Andy Irons was addicted to opioids and died at 32 from drugs and a heart attack. People are so naive about drug use.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 5, 2024 3:33 AM

Maybe they witnessed something unfortunate regarding the rancher.

by Anonymousreply 128May 5, 2024 3:48 AM

Is their dad… bending one of them over?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 5, 2024 4:07 AM

R127 So because one surfer had a notable opioid addiction (who died alone in a hotel room of a heart attack) that means we should assume these boys also did? Because their dead bodies were found in a burned out car in Mexico and literally zero other evidence (to our knowledge) points to a drug-related death other than the suspects who were apprehended over what, 7-14 days later that had drugs on their person?

by Anonymousreply 130May 5, 2024 4:08 AM

What a waste of hot men. Those Ozzie boys were stunning.

by Anonymousreply 131May 5, 2024 4:12 AM

r129 Never heard of riding piggyback? They're just horsing around for the photo.

by Anonymousreply 132May 5, 2024 4:17 AM

R130 so because they weren’t smothered in drugs and it was caught on video we should assume that some random Mexican brothers and their white just walked up to the campsite and shot them for no reason? Even though when arrested these three had drugs on them?

Works both ways.

by Anonymousreply 133May 5, 2024 7:31 AM

^wasn’t caught on camera

by Anonymousreply 134May 5, 2024 7:32 AM

[Quote] Because their dead bodies were found in a burned out car in Mexico

R130 proving that they didn’t even comprehend the article yet going off about others theories. They were found in a well. The burnt out car was at the campsite.

by Anonymousreply 135May 5, 2024 7:35 AM

oh, please, they could have just been buying weed. it was obvs some drug deal.

by Anonymousreply 136May 5, 2024 7:36 AM

I own a house on the other side of Mexico. Unfortunately the cartels are there. And they came because the Tulum tourists had to have their drugs. People sometimes ask if I’m scared to go down there. Of course not. I don’t do drugs. I don’t buy them or sell them, and I’m not going to start a new cartel. A few years ago a couple of female tourists were killed during a rival shootout at 1am. They were knowingly hanging with cartel guys. They weren’t stray bullets or caught in the crossfire, those guys know exactly who they want to shoot.

by Anonymousreply 137May 5, 2024 7:53 AM

Pretending that cartel members only kill other cartel members or drug users is incredibly stupid and ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 138May 5, 2024 8:08 AM

This is a horrible story. I feel so bad for the parents. They were obviously a very close and happy family. The parents' remaining years will not be good ones, they will be utterly devastated for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 139May 5, 2024 8:31 AM

r139 I was just thinking how crazy it must feel for a parent to lose two kids at the same time like that. It's so rare for that to happen.

by Anonymousreply 140May 5, 2024 10:12 AM

"I ain't going NOWHERE if there's a chance I won't make it back"

OF COURSE, it could happen anywhere, but...you get the point.

by Anonymousreply 141May 5, 2024 10:37 AM

Your mama is wise and exactly why she's made it to 82. These two took a risk and only made it to 30 and 33, respectively. Just goes to show...

by Anonymousreply 142May 5, 2024 10:44 AM

R140, I knew a family of three boys. All golden-All-American types. Two of them were killed together in car crash while the third was in another car ahead and saw the whole thing in his rearview mirror. This was probably about 20 years ago now, and I still shudder when I think about it. I knew the family quite well and the parents and surviving son never were the same again. Maybe that's why this story is impacting me so much.

by Anonymousreply 143May 5, 2024 11:30 AM

[quote]These guys were serious surfers and semi-pro athletes, no? Maybe guys like that do weed or mushrooms or something,

I live in southern California by the beach. Every real hard core surfer I have ever met has been a major pot head. More so than any other type I have met. All of them have been straight guys, some married, still surfing at the age of 40+. They stay in shape, I will give them that. But I doubt that had anything to do with their murders, other than making them look like an easy target while high.

And now, it's time for some surfer speak:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144May 5, 2024 12:03 PM

It's 2024. You people know that you can buy weed right over the counter literally everywhere in California, right? Hell, I order my edibles online and have them delivered to me three days later. No one there is relying on dangerous Mexican drug cartels to toke up.

by Anonymousreply 145May 5, 2024 12:37 PM

This shows why they always say "don't drink the water" when you go to Mexico. If you drink well water, you might be drinking surfer corpse water!

by Anonymousreply 146May 5, 2024 12:45 PM

There is a flaw in your theory r145. You cant bring drugs over the border. On both sides they check for that. It's still a federal offense.

Besides, I do not think drugs had anything to do with their murders. It's a 3rd world country, money matters more than drugs. Robbing someone for cash is a lot easier than trying to re-sell their drugs.

$20 US dollars is equal to $340 Mexican Pesos.

Imagine what a jail broke iPhone is worth.

by Anonymousreply 147May 5, 2024 12:49 PM

R146 has no clue what's in the Hudson river.

by Anonymousreply 148May 5, 2024 12:50 PM

r145 No one here is saying that they went to Mexico to score some weed, for fuck sake. What some are suggesting is that they might have wanted some drugs while they were there. You're checked for drugs, including weed, when entering Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 149May 5, 2024 12:50 PM

Oh, and just like r147, I also don't think drugs had anything to do with it, but there's really no way of knowing that unless the people arrested testify that the victims were asking for drugs. And even then, you're free to believe them or not.

by Anonymousreply 150May 5, 2024 12:54 PM

R149 I have driven over the Mexican border from California dozens of times and I've literally never once been checked for shit. You might be checked on the way back into the US, but you'd have to have a car full of suspicious crates to be searched for anything going in.

by Anonymousreply 151May 5, 2024 12:55 PM

I meant when you're flying to Mexico, I agree that they don't give a shit when you're driving there. I think these three drove down there.

by Anonymousreply 152May 5, 2024 12:57 PM

R152 They did (according to reddit), and they had giant surfboards. Border authorities wouldn't have looked twice at two clean cut, good looking white guys with surfboards on their car driving into Baja, even if they were passing a bong back and forth.

by Anonymousreply 153May 5, 2024 1:01 PM

^whoops. meant *three

by Anonymousreply 154May 5, 2024 1:01 PM

I've posted about this before and got shit from some posters but fuck it, it's true and those posters were contrarian morons who didn't know shit.

My brother lived in Baja for work, just outside Tijuana on the beach in a really nice condo. One night he and a co-worker were having a night in town and went to the ATM. It was on a side street. Suddenly a van pulled up and they were grabbed and thrown into a van. I can't remember if my brother said they had guns or not I assume they did or my brother would have fought back, he's big and hotheaded. The drivers took their money and drove them out into the desert. My brother started cussing them out and his friend who had lived in Mexico longer told him to shut the fuck up or they were taco meat. The robbers finally threw them out at some point and they walked back.

The fact that the Aussie's car was missing made me think it was a similar type 'express kidnapping' and probably not cartel related. The incident with my brother happened in 2003 when Baja was one of the safer states in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 155May 5, 2024 1:11 PM

That poor short American guy gets barely a wisp of interest on DL!

by Anonymousreply 156May 5, 2024 1:17 PM

Isn't it too messy and pointless to be a cartel event? Seems more like some fucked up methheads after their cash and phones, getting paranoid/psychotic if the guys bucked.

by Anonymousreply 157May 5, 2024 1:17 PM

Yes R157 that's what I think. The Daily Maul says it was a carjacking and the Aussies resisted, supposedly a confession from the suspects.

by Anonymousreply 158May 5, 2024 1:32 PM

Of course drugs, were involved. The killers were high on meth. Which explains their ice cold depravity.

by Anonymousreply 159May 5, 2024 1:36 PM

Any tragic death thread here on DL will involve posters trying to bring in factors to blame the unfortunates for their own deaths.

by Anonymousreply 160May 5, 2024 1:41 PM

[Quote] r137 People sometimes ask if I’m scared to go down there. Of course not. I don’t do drugs.

Oh yeah, you're totally safe then. No one who isn't already a druggie or dealer has ever been killed there. Simple!

by Anonymousreply 161May 5, 2024 1:47 PM

They were probably like, "There's three of us! We can take 'em!" and of course they couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 162May 5, 2024 1:55 PM

They were high on jalapenos.

by Anonymousreply 163May 5, 2024 2:01 PM

R121, all Mexican presidents since the 1970s have received funds and logistical support from ciminal organizations, and these criminal organizations are part of the CIA's shadow financing network, so this happens with the US government's support.

Moreover, the Mexican federal police and army are mostly crooks themselves, and there is a shockingly cordial relationship between them and drug cartels. Removing them from policing duties cannot have harmed at all, as many times they only contributed to increase the volatility of situations, to the detriment of law-abiding civilians.

Also, Obrador is hated by the political establishment in Mexico, because he has exposed their scandalous levels of corruption by simply using the funds that used to disappear, to improve and expand existing infrastructures. Their thievery has been shown beyond all doubt, and they are furious.

As for the three surfers, I am sorry to say that I don't feel an ounce of pity for them. It takes a particularly hopeless type of imbecility to go to an extremely violent, crime lord-controlled country and expect nothing to happen to you by virtue of being part of the Anglosphere - especially because they were doing things that they could have easily done in safer environments, but were far too stupid, self-centered and whimsical to realize that there's a reason why so many Mexican people are desperate to leave that sewer of a country.

R39 provides a very good example of how life is in Mexico, unless you happen to leave in exclusive expatriate enclaves where security is very high. However, safety comes at a high cost in third world countries, and many incidental tourists are far too accustomed to civilized environments to understand that fact... Also, many are also downright idiotic, and end up paying very dearly for it.

by Anonymousreply 164May 5, 2024 2:30 PM

Jesús Gerardo Garcia Cota, alias El Kekas, and his partner Ari Gisel García Cota have been charged after police found four bodies at the bottom of a well on a ranch in northern Mexico. Cristian Alejandro García, the brother of Kekas, was also charged.

All three of the suspects were in possession of an assortment of methamphetamines and other illegal drugs at the time of their arrest, according to Zeta and Talk Baja.

The trio was arrested during two police operations on Wednesday, May 1 - with 23-year-old Ms García Cota reportedly found in possession of one of the missing men's mobile phones. Baja California state Attorney-General Maria Elena Andrade Ramirez said a murder investigation had commenced and indicated investigators believe the three men were killed in an attempted robbery.

'When they tried to get the vehicle, the victims opposed the robbery, the robbers were armed with a firearm and apparently shot the victims,' she told 7News.

Shell casings were found at the campsite were the three men were last seen, a surfing spot known as La Bocana at Santo Tomas, local media reported.

Prosecutors have confirmed three people - two brothers and a 23-year-old woman - who were arrested earlier this week have now been charged with a crime equivalent to kidnapping on Friday.

by Anonymousreply 165May 5, 2024 2:31 PM

Hot? Bitch where?

by Anonymousreply 166May 5, 2024 2:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167May 5, 2024 2:40 PM

Has Momma’s Mussy commented on Jesús Gerardo Garcia Cota?

by Anonymousreply 168May 5, 2024 2:41 PM

Not from either of these countries, but can you really not take a medical cannabis prescription from one country into the other?

by Anonymousreply 169May 5, 2024 2:41 PM

Bros killing bros, literally!

by Anonymousreply 170May 5, 2024 2:48 PM

No stupid. I think we've got Britney Griner posting here.

by Anonymousreply 171May 5, 2024 2:54 PM

I don’t think of Mexico as being a “tough on drugs” place

by Anonymousreply 172May 5, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote]Ramirez said a murder investigation had commenced and indicated investigators believe the three men were killed in an attempted robbery. 'When they tried to get the vehicle, the victims opposed the robbery, the robbers were armed with a firearm and apparently shot the victims,' she told 7News.

Moronic DLers proven wrong again. I'm sure they'll find another angle to try and prove that these guys somehow deserved death, though.

by Anonymousreply 173May 5, 2024 3:23 PM

A freshly updated list of the world's most dangerous cities has Los Cabos at #1, Acapulco at #3, Tijuana at #5, La Paz at #6, Ciudad Victoria at #8. Congratulations to Mexico!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 5, 2024 3:23 PM

[quote]I'm sure they'll find another angle to try and prove that these guys somehow deserved death, though

They didn't deserve it but NEVER resist a guy with a gun. And maybe they didn't resist, who knows? The carjackers aren't exactly credible witnesses.

by Anonymousreply 175May 5, 2024 3:31 PM

R174 Wait...that list can't be right—I don't see NYC OR Chicago on it!

by Anonymousreply 176May 5, 2024 3:41 PM

If you watch the Canadian border patrol show it looks like every day brain dead Americans are trying to smuggle pot into Canada despite about 150 signs telling them not to. The best part? Some of these morons are so dumb they don't know that cannibas and marijuana or the same, or that CBD gummies contain prohibited substances.

by Anonymousreply 177May 5, 2024 4:01 PM

cannabis. Sorry

by Anonymousreply 178May 5, 2024 4:02 PM

People referring to 30-year-olds as "boys" here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 179May 5, 2024 4:08 PM

r145 Most people still buy weed from dealers because of the ridiculous taxes Cali puts on it. The dispensaries are slowly dying out. Our politicians cant even get legalized weed right. One example..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 5, 2024 4:13 PM

Is Mexico worth it for hugely touristy areas and/or all-inclusive resorts?

Travel snobs always shit on touristy things - but there's a reason why certain things are tourist attractions, and going off the tourist beaten path (at least in countries where that's relatively safe) seems like what you'd do on your second trip to a certain location if you only had limited time during the first.

by Anonymousreply 181May 5, 2024 4:16 PM

Location, size, natural resources and beauty. How great of a country could Mexico have been absent the high levels of corruption and drug issues? I know it absolutely has its merits, but it seems like a missed opportunity. But you can't just undo everything that makes it like it is.

by Anonymousreply 182May 5, 2024 4:25 PM

My niece and her husband live in SoCal and go to Cabo San Lucas several times a year. They always stay in all-inclusives. Sounds like my idea of hell but they seem smart now.

I love Mexico City and Cuernavaca and will happily go again. I can't imagine camping in Mexico or going anywhere remote.

by Anonymousreply 183May 5, 2024 4:29 PM

According to "The New York Times," those arrested in connection with the murders of the Australian brother and their friend said that the three were murdered after resisting having their car stolen.

It's sad. Three young men go off to see the world, and when you're young you take risks and don't always act with street smarts.

by Anonymousreply 184May 5, 2024 4:32 PM

There are a lot of places you can go in Mexico and most likely be fine. Yes, shit occasionally happens in Cancun or PV or wherever...but these places get hundreds of thousands of tourists and 99.9% make it home alive.. If you really want to feel safe, go to Merida, supposedly the safest city in the country.

by Anonymousreply 185May 5, 2024 4:43 PM

Pretty sure they didn’t “resist” a guy with a gun. They were executed point blank. Gringoes, you know.

by Anonymousreply 186May 5, 2024 4:56 PM

This is beyond awful. Such a waste.

Did the Mexicans not care they were destroying beauty? Are they so far entrenched in suffering that they don't recognize well crafted sun kissed masculinity when they see it?

The poor parents. They must have been incredibly proud of their healthy gorgeous sons. This world is too cruel.

by Anonymousreply 187May 5, 2024 5:04 PM

Not to forget the American. I definitely would have enjoyed his company however he saw fit.

Cinco de Mayo or not, this is the last straw for me and Mexico. I will never go back. Lawless land of poverty and terror.

by Anonymousreply 188May 5, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote] but I don't see how you can be high on anything harder and physically perform the way their bodies needed to. Much more likely it was just a robbery gone bad—especially if they (the assailants) were methed out

I think it was likely a robbery gone bad too, but many do take harder drugs to mitigate pain from surfing injuries.

by Anonymousreply 189May 5, 2024 5:41 PM

Or just to get high.

by Anonymousreply 190May 5, 2024 6:26 PM

Maybe just go where life isn't so cheap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 5, 2024 6:40 PM

R180: It's not just the taxes, you're paying for the packaging. That's where the real money is in cannabis legalization -- the PACKAGING.

by Anonymousreply 192May 5, 2024 8:10 PM

“Cinco de Mayo or not, this is the last straw for me and Mexico.”

Mexico’s reply: who cares? That’s your drunken holiday…not ours.

by Anonymousreply 193May 5, 2024 8:24 PM

R116 Sorry hun but zac efron is drugged up beyond repair but also had a huge strong muscle body for at least a decade. It is a possibility that pro-athletes are crystal methers.

by Anonymousreply 194May 5, 2024 9:25 PM

R191 Go St. Louis!

by Anonymousreply 195May 5, 2024 9:34 PM

LOL R195 - i noticed that too. They don't call the state "MISERY" for nothing!

by Anonymousreply 196May 5, 2024 9:39 PM

So many people on this thread blaming the victims. The victims were relatively young, fit, relatively good looking and, in the case of the two brothers, successful (one a professional sportsman, the other an MD).

I rather suspect that the blame-the-victims mob are rather lacking in the youth, fitness, looks and success departments.

by Anonymousreply 197May 5, 2024 9:53 PM

r197 We hate 'em cause we ain't 'em!

by Anonymousreply 198May 5, 2024 9:57 PM

Sorry R197 but going to Mexico these days is like a gay going to Palestine. If only the parents didn't have that white guilt and told their sons to stay away from brown people countries, they'd still be alive.

by Anonymousreply 199May 5, 2024 9:58 PM

Oh you know the parents and their white guilt ,do you, R199?

by Anonymousreply 200May 5, 2024 10:00 PM

I don't even blame the two brothers, this is all on the American who really should have been more informed about the country on his literal doorstep. You only have two neighbouring countries and you're still this clueless? That's verging on gross negligence, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 201May 5, 2024 10:01 PM

R199 both brothers were over thirty - it’s doubtful that they needed Mummy and Daddy to give them permission to travel.

by Anonymousreply 202May 5, 2024 10:03 PM

No reason to assume they were clueless. They are risk takers and may have thought they could defend themselves.

by Anonymousreply 203May 5, 2024 10:10 PM

How do you know that they were risk takers, R203?

by Anonymousreply 204May 5, 2024 10:19 PM

We're all just guessing until the inevitable docuseries comes out and their parents and friends tell us what they were really like.

by Anonymousreply 205May 5, 2024 10:22 PM

They wouldn't have had a nice life anyway because their father was balding and they would have soon followed suit.

by Anonymousreply 206May 5, 2024 10:26 PM

[quote] How do you know that they were risk takers, [R203]?

They are surfers. Self-evident.

by Anonymousreply 207May 5, 2024 10:27 PM

You know fuck all about surfing, R207, obviously. I bet you live somewhere land locked and can’t do more than dog paddle.

by Anonymousreply 208May 5, 2024 10:34 PM

You’re so right, r208. Much more likely they were completely ignorant about what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 209May 5, 2024 10:36 PM

Why do people go surfing and risk getting eaten by a shark when you can just sit at home and watch netflix??? Are Australians ok?

by Anonymousreply 210May 5, 2024 10:51 PM

Why do Americans send their children to school and risk them being massacred because of your country’s lack of gun control? Why is it likely that you will re-elect Trump? Why do you not have universal healthcare?

So many questions! Are Americans ok? Or just stupid like some of the people on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2024 10:57 PM

Just maybe... they weren't eaten by sharks.

by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2024 11:15 PM

I heard Straya is a country full of former inMATEs and this is why they wanted to go to Mexico to connect with other criminals?

by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2024 11:16 PM

Hilarious, R213. Ha. Ha. Ha.

by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2024 11:22 PM

Visitors tend not be be aware of potential dangers to tourists in certain locales of Mexico. I don't blame them, they are the victims. Most tourists have minimal awareness of where there is more criminality.

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2024 11:42 PM

That particular surfing area near Ensenada is known worldwide among all the best surfers and is frequented by top pros.

This should put a big dent in that popularity.

by Anonymousreply 216May 6, 2024 12:04 AM

Because..Tires???? -Daily Mail

by Anonymousreply 217May 6, 2024 12:30 AM

R210 you are so wise and well-informed. They knew the risk of being attacked by sharks while surfing in Mexico and then being thrown down a well and their pick up truck being torched by sharks! If only all these silly tourists had your experience and knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 218May 6, 2024 12:56 AM

[quote] As for the three surfers, I am sorry to say that I don't feel an ounce of pity for them. It takes a particularly hopeless type of imbecility to go to an extremely violent, crime lord-controlled country and expect nothing to happen to you by virtue of being part of the Anglosphere - especially because they were doing things that they could have easily done in safer environments, but were far too stupid, self-centered

Can you just fuck off?

by Anonymousreply 219May 6, 2024 1:23 AM

R213 you are a dick.

by Anonymousreply 220May 6, 2024 1:39 AM

There are quite a few dicks on this thread, mostly fuelled by jealousy and fear.

by Anonymousreply 221May 6, 2024 2:16 AM

r221 And racism.

by Anonymousreply 222May 6, 2024 2:26 AM

This is almost certainly exposing me to the inevitable Datalounge eldergay “racist, homophobic, misogynistic, ex-convicts, alcoholic, “dingo got my baby” Australians” pile-on. I’m Australian, I surf and I travel a lot, as do most Aussies including my parents’, my and my offspring’s age. So this story resonates. I’ve been to Mexico a couple of times, but never camping in Baja (not my thing) just Mexico City a couple of times and, of course, Tulum. I’ve surfed in other countries (Indonesia, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Wales, Portugal and USA) but it’s often too much hassle taking boards, wetsuits etc on international flights. Plenty of waves back home, anyway. But when I see posters who have no fucking idea going on about “surfers” being drug-taking shark-dodging risk takers I can only laugh at how parochial some of you are, and how almost proud of it some of you are. When I surf at home, the car park is usually full of Audis, Beemers and Land Rovers. The surfers are fit, obviously (it’s a tough sport) and the whole age range from grommets (kids) to oldies like me. It’s hardly risk-taking, hardly left of centre and hardly a bunch of meth-smoking renegades.

tl;dr? Maybe don’t comment on a subject about which you know nothing, from your BarcaLounger. Just pour yourself some more boxed wine and cue another Golden Girls episode.

by Anonymousreply 223May 6, 2024 2:45 AM

Well said R223.

by Anonymousreply 224May 6, 2024 2:48 AM

Thanks mate!

by Anonymousreply 225May 6, 2024 2:54 AM

Down boy, down.

by Anonymousreply 226May 6, 2024 2:55 AM

I don't appreciate being dressed down like that by a complete stranger – from Rebel Wilson's country, no less – and I hope someone takes you down several pegs. I will just say that we're still alive and they're not, so we must be doing something right. So there!

by Anonymousreply 227May 6, 2024 3:22 AM

Well said R23! Surf on!

by Anonymousreply 228May 6, 2024 3:23 AM

Not sure what Rebel Wlison’s place of birth has to do with anything, R227, and you seem to be taking being “dressed down” quite personally. How dreadful, making it all about you!

All that I can add is that if this is the first time that you’ve been “dressed down” for your parochial attitude, then you mustn’t get out much. But that’s a given.

“So there”? Laughable.

by Anonymousreply 229May 6, 2024 3:37 AM

What the fu...

by Anonymousreply 230May 6, 2024 3:39 AM

The YouTubeer Foresty Forest, a Canadian hiker/mountain climber was camping in Mexico when he was abducted. At gunpoint they forced him into their vehicle and took him to their camp. There was another abducted tourist at the camp. The criminals got their pin numbers and drained their bank accounts and drove off without them the next morning. It would be a rough time wondering all night if you were going to be murdered.

by Anonymousreply 231May 6, 2024 3:48 AM

[quote] But when I see posters who have no fucking idea going on about “surfers” being drug-taking shark-dodging risk takers I can only laugh at how parochial some of you are, and how almost proud of it some of you are.

Hate to break it to you, mate, but being unfamiliar with surfers doesn’t make us parochial. It’s a niche.

by Anonymousreply 232May 6, 2024 3:48 AM

Maybe a niche where you live, “mate”!

by Anonymousreply 233May 6, 2024 3:56 AM

R232 spectacularly missing the point, of course.

by Anonymousreply 234May 6, 2024 3:58 AM

Any speculation as to why all of the histrionics are coming from Australia only, with seemingly not a peep from the family and friends of the American? Is it because he wasn't as beautiful? He was still a person.

by Anonymousreply 235May 6, 2024 3:59 AM

Any “histrionics” aren’t coming from the family and friends of the Australian victims, who are in transit to Mexico to identify their sons’ bodies. One “have you seen them?” posting on Fb doesn’t constitute “histrionics”, in my opinion.

Anything you see up thread calling out stupid ill-informed people pontificating on a subject about which they know nothing could be called “histrionics”, if you’re one of the idiots being called out.

As far as the family and friends of the American guy, I wouldn’t want to conjecture. If only some of the posters up thread had the same sense of propriety.

by Anonymousreply 236May 6, 2024 4:05 AM

A person who knew the brothers speculated one of them was likely to have fought back rather than submit to robbers. He’s the one that got them all killed if that’s the case.

by Anonymousreply 237May 6, 2024 4:13 AM

Do Australians really address people as mate? Or is this a pretender?

by Anonymousreply 238May 6, 2024 4:15 AM

Yes, many do.

And Canadians really do say "eh?" at the end of many of their sentences (at least the Eastern Canadians).

by Anonymousreply 239May 6, 2024 4:18 AM

I just canceled my bucket list surfing trip to St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 240May 6, 2024 4:20 AM

I wonder how all the fraus who had the fortune of hooking up with and/or dating these two must be feeling right now. Will they maybe get together, laugh about the good times, reminisce about their sizemeat, argue over who among them was "the one that got away"...

This is the part that the cartels don't get – the emotional labour of the people left behind.

by Anonymousreply 241May 6, 2024 4:39 AM

Certainly a niche HERE

by Anonymousreply 242May 6, 2024 4:59 AM

Terrible, sad story. I know.. driving around and camping in Mexico doesn't sound like a great idea. I was hopeful and had heard (and gathered online) that Rosarito and Ensenada were reasonably safe tourist towns. Better than Tijuana. Yet..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 6, 2024 5:13 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244May 6, 2024 5:29 AM

[quote]r241 I wonder how all the fraus who had the fortune of hooking up with and/or dating these two must be feeling right now. Will they maybe get together, laugh about the good times, reminisce about their sizemeat, argue over who among them was "the one that got away"...

The ones that aborted hold each other, past rivalries dissolved, rocking and weeping by the bonfire. Cries of, “Why, WHY, Lord??” go up as each wishes she could now have her unwanted, bastard fetus back.

by Anonymousreply 245May 6, 2024 5:36 AM

Oh it’s not just your unfamiliarity with surfers that made you parochial, R232 - you were already there.

by Anonymousreply 246May 6, 2024 6:00 AM

All this insight from my saying they probably knew the risks and went anyway, r246? You must think very highly of your intuition.

by Anonymousreply 247May 6, 2024 6:04 AM

I went to Baja CA a few times when younger. You’ve definitely got to be careful and on the lookout and, at the same time, minding your own business. It was a good place to party (alcohol only) and eat and not spend a ton of money.

by Anonymousreply 248May 6, 2024 6:33 AM

Yes we do R238 mate.

by Anonymousreply 249May 6, 2024 6:46 AM

They should check the cabins around the lake.

Any lake.

by Anonymousreply 250May 6, 2024 7:19 AM

Loving how much r223's post clearly stung for certain posters here

by Anonymousreply 251May 6, 2024 7:40 AM

I do, R247.

by Anonymousreply 252May 6, 2024 7:49 AM

There is a certain demographic of DL poster who always knows best, even when they don’t. It comes with the territory.

by Anonymousreply 253May 6, 2024 7:56 AM

[quote]r223 I can only laugh at how parochial some of you are

Back to Third World terrors - when you travel you open yourself up to mysterious bar drinks made with rubbing alcohol.

This traveler went blind!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254May 6, 2024 9:23 AM

R250, Read up. They've been found. Murdered for truck tires.

by Anonymousreply 255May 6, 2024 9:29 AM

Oh my goodness. Were they killed by rogue surfers? I think that happens a lot.

by Anonymousreply 256May 6, 2024 9:34 AM

Feeling for their family having to identify them. (gun shot wounds to the head) What a shitty end to 2 good lives.

by Anonymousreply 257May 6, 2024 9:42 AM

Oi, fit surfers!

by Anonymousreply 258May 6, 2024 10:35 AM

r257 Something tells me they're gonna skip that step and use DNA instead. They'll be cremated before they're sent back to Australia, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 259May 6, 2024 10:36 AM

I've noticed Reddit threads about this tragedy inevitably have posters claiming cartel violence would be solved if only we decriminalised – or possibly even legalised – hard drugs. I don't understand where this thinking comes from. Not only would that not make the cartels go away, you'd just end up with a bunch of white kids in developed countries regularly OD'ing on coke.

by Anonymousreply 260May 6, 2024 10:53 AM

My mother always said that if you’re on a surfing holiday in Mexico, pack a few spare truck tires because you never know.

by Anonymousreply 261May 6, 2024 11:20 AM

Can I have their hair?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262May 6, 2024 11:38 AM

[quote]Not from either of these countries, but can you really not take a medical cannabis prescription from one country into the other?

The one and only time I took a cruse from Calif to Mexico they had drug sniffing dogs in the terminal upon my return. Everyone had to walk past them. It's not just Mexicans snugging in drugs, it's Americans as well.

by Anonymousreply 263May 6, 2024 11:40 AM

A very sad story.

by Anonymousreply 264May 6, 2024 12:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 6, 2024 12:31 PM

Hot people just don't have the same sense of self-preservation as those of us lower on the totem pole. They think the world is their oyster. And it is. Until they go to Mexico. The doggy-dog world of drug cartels is the great equaliser.

by Anonymousreply 266May 6, 2024 12:33 PM

What kind of world is doggy-dog? WTF

by Anonymousreply 267May 6, 2024 12:34 PM

Woof!!

by Anonymousreply 268May 6, 2024 12:39 PM

“Dog eat dog world!”

Don’t they teach you Aussies anything in school?

by Anonymousreply 269May 6, 2024 12:41 PM

r266 is not Australian, but is the "Rebel Wilson's country can't dress me down" cunt

by Anonymousreply 270May 6, 2024 12:42 PM

I love how much that triggered you, r270. Mission accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 271May 6, 2024 12:49 PM

[quote]r266 The doggy-dog world of drug cartels is the great equalizer.

That’s an embarrassment. Did you even graduate from grade school? It’s spelled “doggie-dog” world.

by Anonymousreply 272May 6, 2024 1:04 PM

It's a running DL joke. Some of you haven't been around here for long and it shows.

by Anonymousreply 273May 6, 2024 1:07 PM

It’s dog eat dog, numbnut.

by Anonymousreply 274May 6, 2024 1:07 PM

That poster also misspelled equalizer. I’m not buying it R273.

by Anonymousreply 275May 6, 2024 1:08 PM

It's a British spelling, darling.

[quote]equalizer noun [ C ] (UK usually equaliser)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276May 6, 2024 1:12 PM

No shit, Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 277May 6, 2024 1:14 PM

Focus back on the two dead hotties, please!

And of course the third one as well. Very tragic.

by Anonymousreply 278May 6, 2024 1:15 PM

It is tragical. I somewhat object to the label “Hot Aussie brothers and an American missing” as it makes the third one sound not as attractive. Which is racism.

by Anonymousreply 279May 6, 2024 1:28 PM

A tragical equaliser in a doggy dog world.

Keep going with the piss-poor writing—Nancy Lee Grahn

by Anonymousreply 280May 6, 2024 1:31 PM

I'm not buying the resisting story from the killers. All three victims were shot in the head. As mentioned upthread, that's an execution. If you're robbing several people and it goes pear shaped it's unlikely your aim would be so precise. Maybe the victims were considerably larger than than the killers which would be intimidating even if they didn't put up a fight. And claiming they fought back makes the murderers look a little less culpable.

by Anonymousreply 281May 6, 2024 2:19 PM

What's the source for the shot in the head claim? The articles I've seen have said shot but not mentioned where

by Anonymousreply 282May 6, 2024 2:31 PM

Everybody KNOWS it's "dog eat dog world"!

"Doggy-dog" is the JOKE, you dull-witted pseudo-pedants at R267, r269, and r274!

by Anonymousreply 283May 6, 2024 2:33 PM

For r282:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 6, 2024 2:34 PM

r284 Thank you

by Anonymousreply 285May 6, 2024 2:36 PM

R9- I would do the one on the right ( I know who wouldn't) I really like his FLAT stomach as opposed to a chiseled stomach which I find unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 286May 6, 2024 4:35 PM

I heard Australians eat spiders. Maybe one of them was bitten by one in the mouth and the Mexicans wanted to help them find the anti venom before crossing the border illegaly?

by Anonymousreply 287May 6, 2024 5:16 PM

R284 The American guy looks gay. I bet those Australian brothers were gays too. They are tall and handsome but have no out-of-wedlock children. Especially the one who was set to become a famous sportsman would have already been tricked into fatherhood. I bet it all went down similar to this incident:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288May 6, 2024 5:28 PM

Didn't Freud say something about surfing being connected to the desire of returning to the safety of the birth canal? In other words, mommy issues.

by Anonymousreply 289May 6, 2024 7:49 PM

I guess the moral is that if you travel to Mexico, don’t be too attached to your vehicle, wallet, jewelry, or bank account. Accept the risks if you go, and be prepared to part with some of your assets (if you want to live.)

by Anonymousreply 290May 6, 2024 8:35 PM

For those of you who just don't "get" surfing....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291May 6, 2024 8:43 PM

If they crossed paths with the cartels, either intentionally or by accident, they were most likely decapitated then dismembered. I am sure law enforcement has scanned cartel websites as they always film and post their killings.

by Anonymousreply 292May 6, 2024 9:16 PM

r292, Then cremated. I heard their ashes were baked into taco shells for the unsuspecting Border Patrol, as it was ¡Taco Martes!

by Anonymousreply 293May 6, 2024 9:56 PM

OFGS. Everybody knows they were given Colombian Necklaces with their own tires!

by Anonymousreply 294May 6, 2024 10:01 PM

[quote]r290 I guess the moral is that if you travel to [bold]Mexico, [/bold]don’t be too attached to your vehicle, wallet, jewelry, or bank account. Accept the risks if you go, and be prepared to part with some of your assets (if you want to live.)

This applies to Australia, too - a similarly savage land.

by Anonymousreply 295May 6, 2024 10:21 PM

The more you have to part with, the more you are likely to die.

by Anonymousreply 296May 6, 2024 10:51 PM

[quote]This applies to Australia, too - a similarly savage land.

Australia might be savage, but not similarly to Mexico. The domestic violence. petty crime, and bar fights are not of Australia are not equivalent to kidnapping and murdering random tourists, mutilating their bodies beyond recognition.

by Anonymousreply 297May 7, 2024 12:45 AM

Come on R295 - you can do better than that!

by Anonymousreply 298May 7, 2024 12:46 AM

** bar fights of Australia

by Anonymousreply 299May 7, 2024 12:46 AM

Unless I’ve missed the post, I’m surprised at DL here for no one having done a quick instagram stalk and shared that the non-lacrosse brother might be gay. There’s a few recent posts of him looking quite coupley with a long haired blonde guy.

by Anonymousreply 300May 7, 2024 1:22 AM

Almost certainly just being mates, R300.

by Anonymousreply 301May 7, 2024 2:03 AM

Here we go with "mates" again.

by Anonymousreply 302May 7, 2024 2:42 AM

No different to “bros”, “buddies” etc, R302.

Just a different culture.

by Anonymousreply 303May 7, 2024 3:14 AM

I go to Los Cabos often as my mother is Mexican and my parents own a beautiful ocean view condo. The complex is secure with guards. However, whenever I go I always get a very eerie feeling at night. I will triple check that all doors are locked. Even then, it's a bit unsettling. Not too far away cartel members were hung up over an overpass.

One evening I walked to the highway grocery store and by the time I was done shopping it was dark out. I crossed the highway and when I started walking down the long side street towards our condo, suddenly it felt very dangerous. I was very afraid being outside alone at night with nobody around.

Cabo San Lucas is one thing because its very populated and tourists are everywhere. Its clear, though, whose in charge of that place. There are drug dealers downtown on the street who will openly ask you if you're looking.

I avoid any area which isn't full of tourists. Mexico isn't the country where you get off the beaten path. Go to Canada or something if you want that experience. Doing that in Mexico is asking for trouble. I'm not surprised these guys thought they could handle it though.

Personally I avoid all isolated roads and small towns at all costs.

by Anonymousreply 304May 7, 2024 3:29 AM

In Canada it's twinks, not cartels, who are targeting Australians.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305May 7, 2024 4:10 AM

Not really r303. It's used by pretenders

by Anonymousreply 306May 7, 2024 4:27 AM

I think that I would know, R306.

by Anonymousreply 307May 7, 2024 4:45 AM

'If I don't use a word, no one else does either', gee wonder why the word parochial came to define so many posters on this thread

by Anonymousreply 308May 7, 2024 5:13 AM

[quote] The domestic violence. petty crime, and bar fights are not of Australia are not equivalent to kidnapping and murdering random tourists, mutilating their bodies beyond recognition.

R297, the ghost of (thankfully dead) Ivan Milat, says hi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309May 7, 2024 5:19 AM

Oh wow, R309, a dead serial killer who killed some backpackers in the late ‘80s. I’m scared of going to Australia now!

by Anonymousreply 310May 7, 2024 6:18 AM

You’re not particularly bright, are you, R309?

by Anonymousreply 311May 7, 2024 6:40 AM

What do you think that you mean by “pretenders” in this context, R306?

by Anonymousreply 312May 7, 2024 6:41 AM

For R295, 2021 murder/homicide rate comparison:

Mexico: 28.18

Australia: 0.74

by Anonymousreply 313May 7, 2024 6:56 AM

R313 - R295, like all trolls, will have moved on when presented with facts.

For the record, the USA rate per capita for 2023 is 5.5.

by Anonymousreply 314May 7, 2024 7:52 AM

And 4.7 of that is from illegal Mexicans who cross the border!

by Anonymousreply 315May 7, 2024 11:51 AM

[quote]r303 No different to “bros”, “buddies” etc. Just a different culture.

A culture of degenerate and surfers in search of the next THRILL KILL!

My god.

by Anonymousreply 316May 7, 2024 12:23 PM

R314 Do you have stats for Australia and Mexico for 2023? It looks like homicide rates in all three countries have gone down since 2021. The 2021 homicide rate in the U.S. was 7.1 (compared to 28.18 for Mexico and 0.74 for Australia).

by Anonymousreply 317May 7, 2024 4:34 PM

R317 try JFGI.com

by Anonymousreply 318May 7, 2024 5:08 PM

How did this become an Australian Surfers Apologist thread??

Let’s not forget the boys could have surfed down to Mexico looking to cause trouble. I’m not one to judge or victim blame, but trouble is what they got.

by Anonymousreply 319May 7, 2024 5:15 PM

Someone should write a song called Surfin’ Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 320May 7, 2024 6:12 PM

Tragic. A 33 number ritual murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321May 7, 2024 6:45 PM

R297 Sorry but Australia being a domestic violence haven is a feminist hysteria lie. This Australian woman speaks about it. I barely understand her because she speaks like a budgy smuggler but there are subtitles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 7, 2024 7:08 PM

R322 I never claimed it to be; just that Australia’s scant crime statistics reflect typical offenses that happen everywhere, while Mexico has made a name for itself kidnapping. torturing, and killing random tourists, which contributes to their massive crime rate.

by Anonymousreply 323May 7, 2024 7:37 PM

It should be a law that hot men like this must perserve their sperm to create hot sons. The world lost some quality genes.

by Anonymousreply 324May 7, 2024 8:01 PM

R324 are you one of those women?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325May 7, 2024 10:22 PM

R324 is female? That would be unusual.

by Anonymousreply 326May 7, 2024 11:27 PM

R310, calm down and man up.

by Anonymousreply 327May 8, 2024 2:19 AM

R327 I think that you’ll find that R310 was joking.

by Anonymousreply 328May 8, 2024 3:15 AM

So what's your beef? Women are the majority. They have always made the rules.

by Anonymousreply 329May 8, 2024 4:54 AM

Yes — I was only joking, R327, I’m not scared of an Australian serial killer who’s been dead for 5 years. I am, however, terrified of kangaroos. They’re worse than the drug cartels!

by Anonymousreply 330May 8, 2024 5:56 AM

The Mexican cartel is ruthless, shot a whole American family on the road, then set the car on fire, the father films what he saw when he got there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 331May 8, 2024 6:38 AM

R331 They weren’t American tourists, but members of the Mormon community in Mexico. Horrible, nonetheless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332May 8, 2024 7:31 AM

Why would they be targeted? It’s not like they’re women or drug mules. That Baja surf trip is on a lot of ordinary surfers bucket list. My brother did it in 2002.

by Anonymousreply 333May 8, 2024 7:53 AM

R216 OR not. Hopefully, it teaches people not to be heroes in a foreign country while being robbed.

by Anonymousreply 334May 8, 2024 11:13 AM

Members of the Mormon cartel you mean

by Anonymousreply 335May 8, 2024 12:16 PM

If we believe the bitch of the killer trio, these men were killed over TIRES.

Two people killed three other people - ended their lives - over the tires on their car.

We're a garbage species.

by Anonymousreply 336May 8, 2024 2:24 PM

Found dead in a well.

by Anonymousreply 337May 9, 2024 1:31 AM

LDSers do operate a narcotics cartel in northern Mexico. This is well known.

by Anonymousreply 338May 9, 2024 3:30 AM

Most importantly, who will play them in the Netflix movie? I'm thinking Jason Momoa (with a Vaseline lense) as the long haired brother. Sydney Sweeney as the main slutty ex girlfriend of one of the brothers.

by Anonymousreply 339May 9, 2024 8:29 AM

Another reason the border needs to be closed.

by Anonymousreply 340May 9, 2024 8:47 AM

R340 Hunh? What border?

by Anonymousreply 341May 9, 2024 10:16 AM

R340 is a total moron.

by Anonymousreply 342May 9, 2024 10:23 AM

R340 thinks Ensenada is on the Rio Grande.

by Anonymousreply 343May 9, 2024 10:47 AM

If they close the border, people will just take the Dyatlov Pass.

by Anonymousreply 344May 9, 2024 11:01 AM

R330 You should be worried about the dingoes.

by Anonymousreply 345May 9, 2024 2:17 PM

I feel bad for Jack. He's hot in his own right but he's been totally eclipsed by the Australian brothers. That's some bad luck. It sucks being the least hottest guy in the well.

by Anonymousreply 346May 9, 2024 2:22 PM

It is especially sad because I recently read that the universe will contract and then repeat itself and that means they will die the same way for the rest of their eternal lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347May 9, 2024 2:28 PM

Jack died with two hotties, at least one of whom he was probably fucking. You should be so lucky.

by Anonymousreply 348May 9, 2024 2:56 PM

Jack looks like Ethan Chlebowski

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349May 9, 2024 3:10 PM

I think Jack was the most handsome of all three. And he looks kind. I hope he is fondly remembered.

by Anonymousreply 350May 9, 2024 10:37 PM

The Aussie brother with long hair was a full-on Monet.

by Anonymousreply 351May 10, 2024 11:25 AM

I'm also a full-on Moyet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352May 10, 2024 3:29 PM

How fucking stupid/drug-fucked were the murderers to attempt to steal a car from three big guys? Will the Coen Brothers make a movie about these losers (the murderers)?

by Anonymousreply 353May 12, 2024 12:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!