Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Rebel Wilson auditioned for Melissa McCarthy's role in Bridesmaids and is still bitter

COMPLAINING AGAIN

She claimed Melissa McCarthy only got the role because she was friends with Paul Feig.

I'd suggest she got the role because she's a spectacular multidimensional actress who can improvise like very few other actresses.

But Rebel did get to play the English sister and have a bath with her double Matt Lucas. And she got paid $3500 for that!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2024 3:36 PM

Melissa was perfect in that role. Rebel was entertaining but the performance was pretty flat overall.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 6:38 PM

How is this good PR? The woman needs to eat more feelings.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 7:19 PM

Rebel smelled blood in the water after that Ozempic comment from Babs and decided this was the right time to pounce on Melissa. I just love this messy bitch so much.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 7:28 PM

[quote]Melissa was perfect in that role. Rebel was entertaining but the performance was pretty fat overall.

There! Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 7:30 PM

I would like to see Patsy Stone put a cigarette out in Rebel’s eye.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 7:46 PM

Melissa McCarthy's Oscar nomination was a plot against Rebel Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 9:41 PM

Between Rebel Wilson and Billy Porter its hard to tell who's been treated more harshly by Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 9:46 PM

[quote]She claimed Melissa McCarthy only got the role because she was friends with Paul Feig

No no Rebel, it's because you have too many teeth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 9:50 PM

Has anyone ever seen Rebel Wilson and Bucky Pollard in the same room? Hmmm….

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 10:07 PM

Ozempic, right?

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 10:21 PM

She really has no desire to work again in the industry. She’s detonating every bridge possible.

Which is a good thing, as she’s a vile, talentless piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 10:24 PM

How did Rebel Wilson ever become a thing? Her entire back story is sketchy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 10:35 PM

I mostly agree with everyone else here that all these complaints make her seem quite annoying.

But I do wonder if the tabloid press focuses more than usual on the complaints by famous women and/or POC because they knowing that “uppity, whinging women “ can just never be happy, and it feeds the outrage machine.

She wrote a book, right? You could cherry-pick complaints out of anyone’s memoir and drip them over months and, boy, the public would get over the person fast. (I better not write a book because I’ve got a few complaints…)

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2024 10:41 PM

She's really nailing the Hollywood doors shut and I love it. Soon she'll be crying she's broke like Mo-nique.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2024 10:52 PM

Whether it's true or not, McCarthy is funnier and a better actress, so win-win.

That's like saying DiCaprio only got his role in The Departed or Killers of the Flower Moon because he's friends with Scorsese.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2024 10:58 PM

The correct title to this thread, OP is I'LL NEVER STOP BURNING BRIDGES VOWS FORMER ACTRESS AND FATTY REBEL WILSON

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2024 11:04 PM

R9 here. That should be Vicky Pollard. Thanks, ObamaCorrect!

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 11:05 PM

Not smart.

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2024 11:49 PM

Has anyone read her book? Does she have anything nice to say about anyone?

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2024 11:53 PM

Rebel is bitter now that she's not the only former fattie making headlines.

by Anonymousreply 20May 2, 2024 12:01 AM

Overrated. I do laugh at the OTT bridal shower going off the rails

by Anonymousreply 21May 2, 2024 1:00 AM

Rebel Wilson is a one note wonder. Melissa McCarthy is a much much MUCH better actress. Rebel can suck it.

by Anonymousreply 22May 2, 2024 2:23 AM

She probably thought losing all that weight would turn her into a blonde bombshell and her phone would be ringing off the hook with movie offers.

That didn't happen so now she's out for revenge.

by Anonymousreply 23May 2, 2024 2:57 AM

[quote]Soon she'll be crying she's broke like Mo-nique.

Isn't Rebel's wife independently loaded? Something tells me she'll be just fine financially. As for her need for attention, I'm seeing entry into the Australian reality show circuit in her mid- to distant future.

by Anonymousreply 24May 2, 2024 5:00 AM

Her full name is Rebel Melanie Elizabeth Wilson.

I've got the most scathingly brilliant idea!

I'm going to call her "Rebel-Ann."

Because she's a cunt like my cousin is.

by Anonymousreply 25May 2, 2024 12:50 PM

I'm still made than McCarthy did not make a sequel to Spy which was a lot of fun. The entire cast was pretty funny, especially Statham.

by Anonymousreply 26May 2, 2024 2:16 PM

I actually think Wilson could have pulled that role off with a slightly different take, but McCarthy was spectacular. "Because she was friends with Paul Fieg" - that's how the world works, Rebel.

by Anonymousreply 27May 2, 2024 2:20 PM

She’s so annoying. She was basically unknown in America when she auditioned. They still wrote a role specifically for her.

by Anonymousreply 28May 2, 2024 10:35 PM

Rebel was supposed to be the lead in “Tar,” but Cate Blanchett was friends with the director.

by Anonymousreply 29May 2, 2024 10:49 PM

She's done another interview where she said she auditioned for We Brought A Zoo but lost the role to Scarlet Johansson.

This was before Bridesmaids.

She thought she was seriously considered for a role opposite Matt Damon in the early 2010s

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2024 1:59 PM

I'm starting to dislike this cunt more the Kartrashians.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2024 2:02 PM

R19 I read her book and she mostly loves everyone she's ever worked with except for Sascha Baron Cohen who gets an entire chapter. She mentions the Bridesmaid situation but did not sound bitter. She had been approached by Kristen Wiig who was a fan to audition for the part. When they gave her the lesser part she said she understood why and loved working with Matt as a consolation prize.

Her backstory doesn't sound made up. The family was aussie poor, 'bogan' is the term for their socioeconomic status. Her mother is now a sought after dog show judge, her Dad was a failed entrepreneur and a real asshole. She was always interested in performing but says it was a malaria-induced hallucination from the time she was camping in Mozambique that compelled her to try for stardom. A lot of the writing is predictably amateurish and boring but her rags-to-riches story is actually rather impressive.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2024 2:28 PM

Feig!

by Anonymousreply 33May 11, 2024 2:45 PM

I dunno how many rags there were, R32. According to her Wikipedia page, which looks like it could have been written by her, she went to a private boarding school. Not one of the well known ones, which are wildly expensive, but any boarding school costs a lot of money, compared with the Australian public school system which is entirely free (except for extras like school excursions). She was brought up in the suburbs of Sydney, so it's not as if she was 6,000 miles from the nearest school and had to board.

"Bogan" doesn't mean "poor", though the people who qualify as bogan nearly all have lower socioeconomic status. It means something like the US "hicks" or "rednecks", though not necessarily with racial or violent connotations.

by Anonymousreply 34May 11, 2024 3:19 PM

Her parents might have been common but they had enough money to send her to an expensive school.

by Anonymousreply 35May 11, 2024 3:31 PM

I take your point R34, bogan describes a lack of sophistication and culture more than money. The expression rags-to-riches is not literal though, I meant to describe the huge leap Wilson made financially. And she said when her abusive father left he refused to give the family any money and their situation was quite dire for years.

by Anonymousreply 36May 11, 2024 3:33 PM

Does her agent let her say stuff like that? Bad pr

by Anonymousreply 37May 11, 2024 3:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!