Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Michael Moore to Biden: Dump Israel or lose

Michael Moore has sent a warning to President Joe Biden, saying his chance of losing the election in November is “so great” due to the Israel-Hamas war in Gaza.

Michael Moore appeared Monday on CNN’s The Source with Kaitlan Collins. During the segment, Collins referenced a recent poll showing that 81 percent of voters age 18 to 35 disapprove of Biden’s handling of the conflict in the Middle East.

“I’d like to speak to one particular individual — and that is President Biden,” Moore said. “I want to say this on your show tonight that his chance of not being reelected, I think, at this point is so great because of those numbers, and because he’s losing the youth vote. He’s lost the Arab-American vote in Michigan.”

Moore said that he is “trying to save Joe Biden.”

“We need an immediate ceasefire,” the filmmaker said, then addressing Biden: “You can stop the killing tonight.”

He added: “We’re going to lose the election. We’re going to lose Michigan if we don’t turn this around. If President Biden doesn’t turn this around, that is going to do more to put Trump back in the white house. And I refuse to have Donald Trump back in the White House.”

Citing young voters who are overwhelmingly unhappy with Biden’s stance on Gaza, Moore said, “They’re not going to vote for Trump, ever. But they may not vote.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 14, 2024 2:10 PM

Fat idiot provocateur.

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2024 2:15 AM

Oh Michael

We would lose the election even without Israel

Joe Biden is simply not liked enough

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2024 2:16 AM

Did he take Ozempic?

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 2:16 AM

Biden has lowest approval rating in history.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 2:16 AM

He’s right.

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 2:20 AM

This revolting excuse of a person should shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2024 2:26 AM

Why are you people making fun of him? He was spot on about Trump winning in 2016, when everyone thought it was impossible. He knows a lot more than some random nobodies on DL.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2024 2:36 AM

I love the Jews!

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2024 2:37 AM

Michael Moore is on Putin’s payroll!

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2024 2:37 AM

Michael Moore is a MAGA agitator.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2024 2:38 AM

"I think people should start to practice the words 'President Romney.'"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2024 2:41 AM

These Michigan voters know that Trump is going to let Israel wipe Gaza off the map, right? Same withe Russia/Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2024 2:42 AM

Correct link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2024 2:43 AM

Did he make this video from The Great Beyond? I thought he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2024 2:53 AM

Moore has an excellent track record, so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss and malign him, regardless of your personal views.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2024 2:59 AM

Biden is losing this election.

by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2024 3:04 AM

He's senile and the WIDE OPEN borders policy is extremely unpopular

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2024 3:07 AM

R17, we don't have open borders. Just ask the people being arrested at the border. Nice try, though.

Trump is the senile one

by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2024 3:16 AM

R15, did he have an excellent track record when he said Romney would win?

And 96% of voters don't care about Israel or Gaza!

by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2024 3:17 AM

Moore's not wrong to be concerned about the youth vote and Michigan, but if either group thinks that Trump will be better, they've got some serious shit headed their way. He's talking about what he plans to do, openly. He's going to round up minorities and expel them. That includes Muslims, and the problem for Muslims is that 46% of the American people — including a small number of Democrats — think that's good policy.

Do students think Donald Trump is going to forgive student debt? Are you kidding? He'll try to claw back the debt that Joe Biden has forgiven. If it's not that, it's that he'll defund the Department of Education and funding for all higher education so no more Pell grants or any other financial support from the Federal budget.

And he's on record saying Israel should end this war quickly, and the only way to do that is boots on the ground in Gaza, including American troops as support or possibly even engaging in combat. If our military is focused on fighting in Gaza, Putin's is free to pursue finishing Ukraine and then moving on towards NATO allies. Fighting there heats up and before you know it Trump reinstates the draft and young college-bound men (and women) will be off to fight another endless war.

The scariest parts of Trump's new "platform" include leaving abortion to the states and letting them do anything they want (including banning contraception and mandated monthly pregnancy tests), deploying the National Guard to majority-Democrat cities to quell protesting, and of course give corporations and wealthy people another huge tax cut exploding the deficit and adding another $8 trillion to the national debt. And he'll reverse all of Biden's climate change presidential orders, regulation, and investments, setting us up for an unavoidable climate catastrophe as we whistle past our final tipping point.

It's nice Michael Moore is speaking out; it's also Moore's responsibility to explain to students and Muslims in Michigan why they absolutely must hold their noses (if that's what it takes) and get out the vote for Biden and Democrats up and down the ticket. Their — and our — lives literally depend on it.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2024 4:40 AM

Batting 500...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2024 4:47 AM

Moore said Biden was 100% going to lose in 2020. He is completely irrelevant and useless as a pundit.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2024 4:47 AM

r21 Jinx, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2024 4:48 AM

As usual he is 100% wrong.

Has there ever been a worse political prognosticator?

by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2024 4:57 AM

No idea why anyone still listens to him or even asks him questions. He had one or two good docs years ago and that's about it. How on earth does that make his opinion on the current political landscape more incisive than yours or mine?

by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote] Has there ever been a worse political prognosticator?

Datalounge

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2024 5:10 AM

He would have also told FDR to not let the St.Louis dock in the,U.S. or let the passengers off.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2024 5:25 AM

Is this going to be "our thing," now? Every general election year, throw the country into civil unrest over a social issue to provide a viable excuse for why the incumbent lost?

I'm starting to think the electoral college already knows who they want in there ahead of time and this BS is all just organized chaos. It's George Floyd and the BLM protests all over again. If they're planning on replacing Biden because of his obvious mental decline, just say that.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2024 6:00 AM

[quote]Why are you people making fun of him? He was spot on about Trump winning in 2016, when everyone thought it was impossible.

Moore also said that Biden would lose in 2020. Not very spot on then, was he?

by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2024 6:02 AM

R28 Biden’s mental decline? Oh - okay.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2024 6:40 AM

In 2020: Michael Moore warns that Donald Trump is on course to repeat 2016 win

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2024 6:41 AM

[quote] Biden is losing this election.

Anyone with a single brain cell already knows that, dear.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2024 7:02 AM

The Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll found older voters supported Israel more than younger voters, with 90% of voters over the age of 54 claiming they support Israel over Hamas, compared to 57% of respondents aged 18-24.

by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2024 7:08 AM

He is naive if he thinks Biden is allowed to drop Israel. Besides, do you really think that a war on another continent ia crucial for the US elections, rather than the disastrous internal politics.

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2024 8:22 AM

when did the gays become so pro-Israel?🙄... kinda weird and fascinating

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2024 9:54 AM

R36, Streisand was criticized last year for advocating for Palestinians as well as a two-state solution.

Of course, you only hate Zionists, right?

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2024 10:01 AM

R18 tell that to the mayors of New York and Denver. NOW Biden is doing something.

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2024 10:48 AM

bitch is always changin her mind😂😂

by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2024 11:03 AM

He doesn't have a great track record. He was right in 2016, but as others have posted, he's been wrong many other times.

And it would be especially ridiculous for Biden to change his position now that there's all this campus craziness. He does not need to be thought of as siding with chaos and bad actors.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2024 11:11 AM

Moore is totally right.

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2024 11:17 AM

There will be not one but a thousand little reasons why the election will be lost or won by whomever. If Biden's latest chin filler looks shit will be just as important as his stance on Israel. There is no "one" issue. It's funny by the way that the ones blabbering about freeing Gaza somehow think (or want) that the US, like father Christmas, makes everything right now - isn't this a terribly colonialist way of thinking? Hamas is a terror organization that cares zero for its people and use babies as a shield. They want jews eradicated. How anyone can support them is absolutely beyond me, particularly abroad. Brain rot, just like the ones who cosplaying as Marxists within the safety net of human rights and social security only a democracy could bestow.

Anyway, I think he has a point. I don't like it but he has a point.

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2024 11:29 AM

What did he predict for 2020? I don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2024 12:05 PM

This LESBIAN needs to go on a diet.

by Anonymousreply 44May 1, 2024 12:12 PM

Stupid advice from him. Most Jewish liberals transform into black uniform wearing Nazis on the Israel question and if that means every Palestinian man, woman and child is murdered for that shitty little country’s greater “glory,” they’re here for it.

by Anonymousreply 45May 1, 2024 12:22 PM

Listen, if Biden loses..it's because the country (aka the fucking electoral college) didn't want him. If Trump is voted into office, we deserve him for having such an antiquated voting system and such a passive president (I support Biden but...YESH).

I think we may have to accept that this country IS anti-intellectual, anti-semitic, anti-(insert noun here) and has regressed to the point of no return.

by Anonymousreply 46May 1, 2024 12:46 PM

Remember when Michael Moore told people not to vote for Al Gore because Gore and Bush were "the same"? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

by Anonymousreply 47May 1, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote] Moore has an excellent track record, so I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss and malign him, regardless of your personal views.

LOL

by Anonymousreply 48May 1, 2024 12:51 PM

For people who pay attention, the Biden Admlnistration has delivered a lot through non-legislative means. Recently: student loan relief, airline reform, banning non-competes, overtime reform. But Americans are bored by things that actually make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 49May 1, 2024 12:53 PM

He is right!

Cynical Netanyahu is using American taxpayer's money while plotting against Biden.

Biden told Satanyahu to tone it down and de-escalate the conflict, but instead, Netanyahu bombed an Iranian embassy and killed several Iranian diplomats.

The ugly Israeli cunt wants Trump elected once again, while backstabbing Biden. He wants Zionism to be even stronger, and probably thinks Dump will give Israel a lot more funds.

by Anonymousreply 50May 1, 2024 12:55 PM

R49, people are so dumb. Talk to most people who identify as leftist (versus liberal) and you will hear "what has Biden even done?". It's like they don't care about actual reality, they just want to feel pissy all the time.

by Anonymousreply 51May 1, 2024 12:57 PM

R51 They really are. It's like the right is COMPLETELY delusional and the leftist has NO idea what Biden has done because this administration is quiet when it needs to be loud and loud when it needs to shut the fuck UP (Gaza) .

We're DOOMED.

by Anonymousreply 52May 1, 2024 1:07 PM

R52, I agree. Let's be honest, the biggest problem with America is AMERICANS. I am proud of being American but even I find myself thinking if this country is completely fucked. A great example of the shallowness and stupidity of people online is the recent picture Hillary shared of Biden's impact on temp reductions vs Trump. So many people seem to think that progress just "happens".

by Anonymousreply 53May 1, 2024 1:13 PM

Michael Moore can go fuck himself. He's been wrong about everything for decades. He's never actually helped. Well... I mean, he helps Republicans get elected.

Jesus. I can't believe I used to like this guy back when he made movies like "Sicko" and "Fahrenheit 911".

by Anonymousreply 54May 1, 2024 1:14 PM

He had some relevance when he lived in Michigan. Now that he lives in Manhattan he has no idea what real America thinks.

by Anonymousreply 55May 1, 2024 1:23 PM

R55, but didn't you see his baseball hat? That means he's middle class just like you and me!!!!

by Anonymousreply 56May 1, 2024 1:29 PM

[quote] Listen, if Biden loses..it's because the country (aka the fucking electoral college) didn't want him.

But the root cause will still be that Democrats stood by and allowed Biden to be renominated.

by Anonymousreply 57May 1, 2024 1:55 PM

Democrats had four years to plan another strategy, just as Republicans had four years to veer away from Trump. The voters had options that they chose not to pursue.

by Anonymousreply 58May 1, 2024 1:59 PM

Michael introduced this Biden-Gaza-Israel analysis on his podcast. I found it offensive. He made some good points about the way public opinion is influenced. However, he disparaged Jewish reservations and fears about the antisemitism in these protests. He mocked concerned jews as COSPLAYING. Then he completely glossed over the real antisemitism of the protests. It was gross.

by Anonymousreply 59May 1, 2024 1:59 PM

Is the Muslim + sympathizers vote that big in the US? It would be bigger in the UK, but the experts have had a look and, despite all the Owen Jones style posturing, it looks likely it would make only a tiny impact on the Labour vote.

by Anonymousreply 60May 1, 2024 2:13 PM

(rolling eyes at R57)

Joe Biden beat Trump the first time BY A LOT. He's literally the only one that can beat him again. He has incumbency advantage and Democrats would have been an utter fool to give that up. Never mind that Joe Biden has had literally the best, most successful first term since LBJ.

WTF is wrong with you Biden-Bashers? It's like you're not paying any attention and have no clue about all the great things he's done.

by Anonymousreply 61May 1, 2024 2:18 PM

R58, you're aware there was a primary right? There were other options on the ballot, and voters OVERHWELMINGLY turned out to support Biden.

by Anonymousreply 62May 1, 2024 2:19 PM

R49, student loan relief is a controversial issue.

by Anonymousreply 63May 1, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote] There were other options on the ballot

There were no other major candidates on the ballot, so it’s disingenuous to state that.

by Anonymousreply 64May 1, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote] Joe Biden beat Trump the first time BY A LOT.

Not really.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 1, 2024 2:28 PM

R62, of course they don't remember that. They just want to bitch and complain. Remember, they are against that takes actual effort. This is why they bitch and complain but never vote.

by Anonymousreply 66May 1, 2024 2:28 PM

The fact that Biden only won by 51% and now he’s being beaten in 2024, speaks volumes about the country. Trump shouldn’t be getting any votes. The dude is in multiple trials for fraud and he’s still beating Biden.

by Anonymousreply 67May 1, 2024 2:29 PM

R65, 51.3% is a MAJORITY. He won by a majority of the vote. STFU. No, it wasn't a landslide but expect one was foolish. Our political landscape is drastically different from decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 68May 1, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote] Trump shouldn’t be getting any votes.

Trump shouldn’t have won in 2016 and shouldn’t win again in 2024, but Democrats keep handing him the election by nominating candidates the electorate see as worse than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 69May 1, 2024 2:35 PM

The majority of Americans support Israel. As far as the youth vote goes, as much as people pay attention to student activists, the latest Harvard-Harris poll said that most young people don't really care about Gaza and their main concern is the economy.

The thought we should change foreign policy based on college protest extremists and some Muslims in Michigan is laughable.

by Anonymousreply 70May 1, 2024 2:35 PM

R64, anyone who wanted to run did run. It's disingenuous to claim otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 71May 1, 2024 2:47 PM

R69, in what possible way is Joe Biden worse than Trump?

Nobody with even two brain cells to rub together would or could ever assert such utter lunacy.

by Anonymousreply 72May 1, 2024 2:48 PM

R67, I wouldn't really put too much stock in polls right now.

by Anonymousreply 73May 1, 2024 2:49 PM

R72, Trump is hot, he powerful man. Biden is old, dementia patient, no?

by Anonymousreply 74May 1, 2024 3:33 PM

R65 = Katy Tur

by Anonymousreply 75May 1, 2024 3:53 PM

Biden is in terrible trouble in that so many people are dissatisfied with the inaction coming from the White House. Usually, the grumbling comes as a result of one big issue, but Biden has several that the public perceives he is doing nothing to solve: inflation ( especially food prices), the border fiasco, and Israel-Hamas. He had better stop merely depending on abortion and mocking Trump to win. Voters are starting to think Trump would be stronger in solving those problems. Biden must at least look like he cares about the American problems; we wait for leadership. If it is there, articulate it and lead. It's getting too late.

by Anonymousreply 76May 1, 2024 4:49 PM

[quote]Voters are starting to think Trump would be stronger in solving those problems.

How? Do they think that Trump will wave a magic wand and prices will decline? Or will the owning class suddenly look at the market and realize they've overstepped raising prices so much and cut them (and if so, please point to any time in history in which this happened)?

The reason that the Republican cult is anything today (despite them losing ground consistently for 25 years) is because they — or at least the people pulling the strings — understand that united they stand and divided they fall. The Republicans have had the support of the Evangelical community since the Reagan era and despite not getting anything they wanted for 40 years, they stuck it out and were handsomely rewarded by voting for the antichrist.. Democrats don't stick it out for 4 months unless they get every demand met immediately... and are consistently disappointed when their leaders can't deliver on anything (due to Republican intransigence and willingness to sacrifice short term gain for long term success). If anything, the abortion situation should instruct Democrats on how to win the war despite losing every single battle.

What Biden and the Dems have going for them in this cycle is that Trump keeps saying the quiet parts out loud. He spilled his guts with all of the horrible plans he envisions for America in this Time interview (full disclosure: I have not read it through yet as I don't want to spiral downward thinking about the authoritarian revolution Trump and the GQP plan, but suffice it to say that it is a regime that normal people will find abhorrent).

But you're right; Biden has to articulate his successes and his plans and really sell what the Democrats have to offer. It comes down to a basic principle: do the American people want continued world leadership and success with Biden, or do they want to cede our number one status in the world to China and/or Russia as we watch them enjoy the fruits of dominance as Trump trades it for a hotel in Moscow?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 1, 2024 5:29 PM

So Moore really thinks these Zers, 18-25 are going to really bother to vote? They would rather TikTok and do useless demonstrating but not vote.

by Anonymousreply 78May 1, 2024 5:34 PM

R18- I did not say we have open borders I said we have

WIDE open borders

Even the wokey NYT reported the end result of the wide open borders that people from China - 20,000 last year have sneak into the United States.

by Anonymousreply 79May 1, 2024 5:50 PM

Other than Michael Douglas, who among the Hollywood crowd has come out for Joe publicly or hosted a fundraiser?

by Anonymousreply 80May 1, 2024 5:56 PM

Muslim mole in State Department resigns.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 1, 2024 6:02 PM

R61 & R68, Biden beat Trump by a large margin in the *popular vote*, yes, but the margins in the *swing states* were very close in 2020. We can't afford to be overconfident for 2024.

by Anonymousreply 82May 2, 2024 7:27 AM

So, Michael Moore is a Muslim Terrorist sympathizer?

by Anonymousreply 83May 2, 2024 7:48 AM

MM also believed that John Kerry actually stood a chance of winning over Dubya in 2004. Zzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 84May 2, 2024 7:49 AM

R77 You're preaching to the choir. HOWEVER, the fact that someone up on 86 federal charges--and currently on trial with porn stars and tabloid gossip mongers testifying--is even in the running kinda makes that poster's point.

by Anonymousreply 85May 2, 2024 10:56 AM

Also, some CNN correspondents feel that these spoiled assholes in tents on college campuses are going to hurt Biden.

by Anonymousreply 86May 2, 2024 10:59 AM

[quote]Also, some CNN correspondents feel that these spoiled assholes in tents on college campuses are going to hurt Biden.

It may well, but always keep in mind that CNN correspondents are paid to stoke dissension.

by Anonymousreply 87May 2, 2024 11:09 AM

Moore was right one-time in 2016. And he’s been wrong about everything else, but thinks he’s an expert on everything.

by Anonymousreply 88May 2, 2024 11:16 AM

[quote] the latest Harvard-Harris poll said that most young people don't really care about Gaza and their main concern is the economy.

That poll is bogus. Trust me. Talk to these people.

by Anonymousreply 89May 2, 2024 11:18 AM

[quote]disapprove of Biden’s handling of the conflict in the Middle East.

Why do these people not understand that Israel and Palestine have their own leaders? Biden isn’t “handling” anything because this isn’t an American conflict.

by Anonymousreply 90May 2, 2024 11:20 AM

Keep in mind that Datalounge is just as wrong as Moore. Datalounge screamed that Trump wasn’t running for president in 2016, that he wouldn’t debate, he wouldn’t get the nomination, that he wouldn’t win, that he wouldn’t last a year, that he’d be in jail now. This is turning into 2016 again with the same exact rhetoric.

by Anonymousreply 91May 2, 2024 11:20 AM

R90, the US is bankrolling it. Israel gets what it has through the US including weapons. This is why 9/11 happened. We’re funding our future terrorist attacks. The US’s support of Israel continues to be a terrorist recruiting tool.

by Anonymousreply 92May 2, 2024 11:22 AM

RFK, Jr. is now on the California ballot and will soon be on the New York ballot.

by Anonymousreply 93May 2, 2024 11:56 AM

[quote]Moore's not wrong to be concerned about the youth vote and Michigan, but if either group thinks that Trump will be better, they've got some serious shit headed their way.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 94May 2, 2024 12:04 PM

Anyone who doesn’t vote for Biden ends up helping Netanyahu and Putin. .They win big if Trump wins.

by Anonymousreply 95May 2, 2024 12:12 PM

Moore was instrumental in propagating the Michigan don't vote for Biden movement. So he's not a bystander in this. Despite his so-called progressive ramblings, throwing the presidential vote to the Republican candidate is what Moore does best.

by Anonymousreply 96May 2, 2024 12:16 PM

To be fair young people younger than 30 or 25 barely vote anyway, so what would be the point?

by Anonymousreply 97May 2, 2024 12:32 PM

[quote] That poll is bogus. Trust me. Talk to these people.

Yes, I'll believe a random person online versus a scientific poll.

by Anonymousreply 98May 2, 2024 12:32 PM

R76, you (and the people you're talking about) are just perfect examples of FUCKING IGNORANT MORONS who have no clue how anything works, failed Civics 101 (or never took it), and it's just endlessly frustrating to me.

There is no "border fiasco" (this is a FOX News made-up bullshit story) and Joe Biden doesn't control prices, and doesn't control Gaza, and doesn't make laws for fuck's sake.

JOE BIDEN IS NOT THE PROBLEM. He's been doing a literally EXCELLENT job. Most of this shit that's going wrong in this country is at the State level or external, and caused by Republicans or conservatives.

Literally everything anyone is complaining about will get EXPONENTIALLY WORSE if Republicans regain control. Jesus. Does anyone THINK THINGS THROUGH anymore?

by Anonymousreply 99May 2, 2024 1:20 PM

R95, World leaders will not take President Harris seriously, who will be POTUS if Biden is re-elected and then steps aside.

by Anonymousreply 100May 2, 2024 1:31 PM

NO, R99, the MAGAts do not think at all. And the Democrats have a hard time getting past blaming the only candidate running who will do what he says, act honorably, and lead the world (specifically, away from fascism and authoritarianism).

Biden isn't going to step aside if re-elected any more than the fear mongering said he would the first time he won, R100. He might die, but then again so might Trump given he's obese, snorts Adderall and god knows what else thanks to the WH pharmacy-cum-candy store, can't stay awake in the middle of the day during a high-stakes trial, and paints himself orange every day. It really boggles the mind that he sits in court for 3 - 4 days a week which doesn't begin until 9:30am, takes at least 1.5 hours for lunch and ends by 4:30 in the afternoon, and yet can't find the time and energy to fly a scant 50 miles towards PA for a rally in the evening or anywhere in the country on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, instead playing golf in New Jersey or just sitting on his gilded toilet screaming into the Truth Optional void in the middle of the night. Talk about low energy!

by Anonymousreply 101May 2, 2024 2:31 PM

[quote] He might die, but then again so might Trump given he's obese, snorts Adderall and god knows what else thanks to the WH pharmacy-cum-candy store, can't stay awake in the middle of the day during a high-stakes trial, and paints himself orange every day.

There’s going to have to be a lot of scrutiny of Trump’s VP pick given that.

by Anonymousreply 102May 2, 2024 2:37 PM

R101, Biden may not have any choice but to step aside, should he stroke out or suffer another brain aneurysm, which would be his third.

by Anonymousreply 103May 2, 2024 2:42 PM

The College Democrats of America, a national organization that claims to represent over 100,000 students across the country and calls itself “the official collegiate arm of the Democratic National Committee” has issued an ominous warning to President Joe Biden.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 2, 2024 2:55 PM

What is the basis for this ridiculous assertion that world leaders won't take Harris as President "seriously"?

Just something you pulled out of your racist misogynist ass?

by Anonymousreply 105May 2, 2024 3:00 PM

Jesus R103, that was in 1988. He fully recovered thanks to the miracle of modern medicine.

Do you honestly think that if his doctors said he was going to have another he would still be running? If so, I have a bridge for sale you might want to look at, it's a real money maker! And you'd find it a wonderful home living underneath!

by Anonymousreply 106May 2, 2024 3:09 PM

R104, they don't vote in the first place so gives a shit? If young people don't like Biden, they only have themselves to blame. They could have voted for more progressive candidates like Warren and Bernie in the 2016 primary but they lost. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 107May 2, 2024 3:20 PM

R106, Two brain surgeries for aneurysms shows that there’s a definite weakness there and that a third aneurysms is possible.

Biden would run for re-election no matter what any doctor advised him.

He will only relinquish the power of being President if absolutely necessary, and his clueless wife supports his remaining in office.

by Anonymousreply 108May 2, 2024 3:54 PM

R105, No one takes her seriously now. You think will change if she were to become President?

The woman is a joke, and a bad one at that.

by Anonymousreply 109May 2, 2024 3:56 PM

Babes, the point is not that the youths don't understand that Trump would be worse than Biden. That's fairly obvious. The younger generations of voters are through playing the "lesser of two evils" game. Those that are refusing to participate in voting for the kindler, gentler form of authoritarianism and corporate rule that underlies the democratic party platform (and track record) are doing so because they can see through the bullshit pandering. Like it or not, the younger generations are the future direction of this country, and they're tired of the status quo. They're tired of being gaslit and manipulated by the Democratic politicians. Many have reached the "fuck it, let it all burn down" stage, and Democratic politicians and candidates have only themselves to blame for running with an outdated playbook and ignoring the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 110May 2, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote]Like it or not, the younger generations are the future direction of this country, and they're tired of the status quo.

Then helping elect a man who wants to turn back the clock to 1950 will work out well for them.

by Anonymousreply 111May 2, 2024 4:35 PM

R110, the youths are giving Susan Sarandon in 2016 vibes. They are the ones following the outdated playbook, which is holding out for the perfect. Good luck with burning it all down - when has that ever worked out?

by Anonymousreply 112May 2, 2024 4:35 PM

R111 - What you don't understand is that the Democratic party is essentially trying to emotionally blackmail voters by forcing a lesser of two evils choice. Young people do not give a fuck, and they will not play that game. The percentage of younger generations who are not going to be manipulated into voting will only increase. The Dems could have put up other candidates. Was Biden really the only "best choice?" I mean, REALLY??? Give me a fucking break. At the very least, they could have switched out Harris so the doddering grandpa Biden ran with a different VP. They also could have completely retooled their weak strategies and pathetically ineffective approach to messaging. They could have gotten a little more ruthless to counter the ruthlessness of the GOP. They did not. Don't piss on the voters and try to tell them it's raining - the only ones that will buy that line are the older generations who've had a boot on their necks their whole lives and are comfortable living that way.

by Anonymousreply 113May 2, 2024 4:50 PM

R112 - no, they're refusing to choose between two shit sandwiches offered on two different types of bread. What's inside each sandwich is the same foul, rotting status quo. The Dem party shit sandwich is just spread a little more smoothly over the bread.

by Anonymousreply 114May 2, 2024 4:54 PM

PAUSE

by Anonymousreply 115May 2, 2024 4:54 PM

R110, are you twelve years old? This is what every American generation has said for the last 50 years. It’s not original. This time, we have a partisan Supreme Court that has no problem rolling back hard fought rights. Fun times!

by Anonymousreply 116May 2, 2024 4:55 PM

Absolutely R110, R113 & R114. Glad to see younger generations questioning the capitalist, natalist, warmongering bullshit pushed by our wealthy leaders.

by Anonymousreply 117May 2, 2024 4:59 PM

[quote] What you don't understand is that the Democratic party is essentially trying to emotionally blackmail voters by forcing a lesser of two evils choice.

No, the choice is between Evil and Not Evil. Trump and the Trump Cult formerly known as the Republican Party are evil. Biden and the Democrats are simply Not That. it is very clear, as anybody who is not simply trying to mouthe idiotic propaganda can see.

by Anonymousreply 118May 2, 2024 5:05 PM

I love the courageously masked protestors who are looking to tear down capitalism while guarding their careers. Absolutely fearless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 2, 2024 5:05 PM

[quote]voters are through playing the "lesser of two evils" game

Yes, I can see that it's the lesser of two evils who is doing everything he possibly can to forgive student debt while fighting the constraints of Congress and the SCOTUS (both of which are under Republican rule) and will not allow their hard-fought control mechanism of keeping people in debt to be just forgiven.

I wish the children could gain an understanding of how politics works. You'd think they would: they present a basic list of demands and Biden and the Democrats try to give it to them only to be stopped cold by Republicans. Think of every major problem this country faces and the proposed solutions, and every time it's the Democrats' solutions that come closest to if not outright satisfying the demand, while the Republicans either don't have a solution or their solution makes the problem worse. Democrats are for single payer health care, climate change, jobs, manufacturing... you know, the MIDDLE CLASS. Republicans are for the 0.1% of the wealthiest among us, and that's it.

[quote]The Dem party shit sandwich is just spread a little more smoothly over the bread.

Yeah, that student loan forgiveness, historic investments in infrastructure including the most significant commitment to climate change — ever, the Chips act which not only brings important technology manufacturing back to the US but accounts for the largest gain in growth of manufacturing in this country since the space program, managing the economy such that rampant inflation (caused by Trump's pandemic, and why don't we start calling it that as most people have seemingly forgotten that he was in charge and let it happen) has been brought back under control, and record low unemployment is just spreading the shit smoothly.

If we would elect enough Democrats to put them in filibuster-proof control in the Senate, flip the House and re-elect Biden, we'll see some solutions to our problems passed and put into effect. If we elect Trump and the Senate flips to them, we'll be fighting for basic human rights for the rest of our lives, and everything important and what makes America the best country on Earth will be flushed down the toilet (just like the top secret docs he tried to flush if not outright steal and sell to the highest bidder when he was POTUS).

by Anonymousreply 120May 2, 2024 5:12 PM

Should Trump win, it will just be four short years and he’s gone forever.

And if the House and Senate go Democratic, then he’s nothing but a seat warmer for four years.

by Anonymousreply 121May 2, 2024 5:19 PM

I'm going to assume Moore is trying to scare voters into--voting. He's right that Michigan is a swing state that happens to have a large Palestinian diaspora that just might make a difference in Rump's favor if they don't vote. Trump is leading in all the swing states. The fucking electoral college will be a factor again.

by Anonymousreply 122May 2, 2024 5:24 PM

yeah, that'll work out fine r121. Just keep voting like a cunt and everything will still magically all work out. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 123May 2, 2024 5:37 PM

R109, your racist, misogynist, fevered fantasies are not reality.

She's one of the most accomplished vice presidents this nation has ever had, and she's respected around the country and around the world. WTF drugs are you even on?

by Anonymousreply 124May 2, 2024 5:42 PM

R121 lives in a weird fantasy world.

If Trump wins, our nation's democracy is over, Republicans will NEVER relinquish power, our Constitution will be shredded along with our civil and voting rights.

by Anonymousreply 125May 2, 2024 5:44 PM

[quote] I'm going to assume Moore is trying to scare voters into--voting.

Are you suggesting a progressive icon would be misinform his weak-minded followers to manipulate them into an action they know in their conscience to be wrong? For shame.

by Anonymousreply 126May 2, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote] Was Biden really the only "best choice?" I mean, REALLY???

There is no conspiracy here. If younger people wanted a different candidate, then they could have voted in the primaries in 2016. But they didn't. So now we get the incumbent candidate. Gen Z has nobody to blame but itself. They want to whine, cry, throw things....anything, except actually participate in democracy and vote. Either in national, state or local elections. Which is nuts because local elections are where voters can make the biggest difference.

by Anonymousreply 127May 2, 2024 5:49 PM

TTT. Total Trumptard Thread.

by Anonymousreply 128May 2, 2024 5:54 PM

Muriel, please call Orkin. This place has a GQP Roach 🪳 infestation.

by Anonymousreply 129May 2, 2024 5:57 PM

Oh Noooeeessss. Biden hasn't given me unicorns that fart glitter. I have no choice but to vote for the career criminal who believes he is King of America or the dimwitted jackass with the fucked up voice who believes all vaccines are of the Devil!

Choices.

by Anonymousreply 130May 2, 2024 6:01 PM

Nothing like having the success of your candidate depend on people who want to throw you off a building.

by Anonymousreply 131May 2, 2024 6:01 PM

R124

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 2, 2024 6:01 PM

[quote]Joe Biden beat Trump the first time BY A LOT.

He did not.

Why do Bidenists lie like this?

They hate “magats” so much because they are just like them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133May 2, 2024 6:03 PM

Wait, 7 million votes isn't a lot to you?

by Anonymousreply 134May 2, 2024 6:06 PM

R134, these people don't live in reality. Biden won by a majority. The end.

by Anonymousreply 135May 2, 2024 6:09 PM

There is a lot of political time between now and Nov. Biden is still going to win.

This not our war but we are supporting someone that we promised we would support. We can't just say well we aren't supporting you anymore unless there is a good reason. There was a reason but everytime Biden warned Netanyahu he backed off. We aren't in control of this war.

Someone had mentioned in another thread this is like the Vietnam war protests. This nothing like them. We had boots on the ground.. We kept fighting to have the rich get richer. We were losing a lot men. Vietnam was also a horrid war but we had a lot of blame in it and we could have stopped a lot sooner. We also ended up having dead students at Kent State shot by the National Guard.

What we didn't have were people from another country in the US protesting. We didn't have people like the Proud Boys and Q-Anon protesting and trying to inject violence. I have zero problem with protesting, but that it is getting out of hand as planned.

Again this is Putin trying everything he can to make sure Joe doesn't win so he can get his patsy in again. I said when Trump ran the first time, don't watch the ball, watch everything that is going on around it.

by Anonymousreply 136May 2, 2024 6:09 PM

R134 that’s not how elections are won.

What part of this democracy you cherish so much to preserve are you failing to understand?

by Anonymousreply 137May 2, 2024 6:14 PM

Is Sirhan Sirhan dead? Can he be called out of retirement? The American people have a request to make…

by Anonymousreply 138May 2, 2024 6:15 PM

What part of this democracy do YOU cherish, Trump whore r137?

Any of it?

by Anonymousreply 139May 2, 2024 6:15 PM

Moore’s a trumper

by Anonymousreply 140May 2, 2024 6:16 PM

R136 =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141May 2, 2024 6:17 PM

R139 this is a terrible democracy. If it was a good democracy then Trump would have never become President because Hillary had millions of more votes than him.

Why do you love it so much?

by Anonymousreply 142May 2, 2024 6:18 PM

I guess that's why we're a republic.

by Anonymousreply 143May 2, 2024 6:21 PM

Can’t we just let the Trumptards have the Confederacy and be done with it? Let’s make like India/Pakistan in ‘48. You cannot reason with cult people.

by Anonymousreply 144May 2, 2024 6:21 PM

R116 - "This is what every American generation has said for the last 50 years. It’s not original."

No shit that it's not original. That's the fucking point - that more up-and-coming generations continue to want fossilized systems replaced or, at the very least, adapted so as to catch up with changing times. The antiquated principles of the founding fathers need refining and modernizing. The original principles are over 200 years out of date. The US alone has changed significantly since that time. We're witnessing these antiquated systems' slow, painful collapse as the politicians desperately try to prop them up while, at the same time, growing numbers are clamoring for something else. It's utter lunacy that the Democratic party only listens to its wealthy donors and tailors its every move and every legislative action to cater to those wealthy donors. And then they have the nerve to beg/threaten people to continue voting for their candidates. Guess what? The same wealthy donors *also* donate to the GOP. Those corporate parasites want to make sure that whichever party does get into "power" will continue to do their bidding. You're comfortable with that setup, are you? If so, then you must be 100 years old and ready to die, and you don't want things to inconvenience you even a little bit because, gosh darn it, you like the way your life has been going for the last 100 years. Fine, if you don't want to be part of the process and movements for change, then get out of the way.

by Anonymousreply 145May 2, 2024 6:22 PM

SAVE US HILLARY!

by Anonymousreply 146May 2, 2024 6:22 PM

An interesting nonanswer r142. Leave the cult, and stop whoring for Trump and Putin.

by Anonymousreply 147May 2, 2024 6:23 PM

Moore needs to go fill his belly with food. He's breathing so I know he's hungry.

by Anonymousreply 148May 2, 2024 6:24 PM

I'm writing in Susan Sullivan.

by Anonymousreply 149May 2, 2024 6:26 PM

R118 - you're delusional and have bought into the propaganda. I'm sure the Democratic party is glad for your wholehearted support and, of course, all the money you donate. Mostly, they're glad about being able to fundraise off your misplaced trust.

by Anonymousreply 150May 2, 2024 6:26 PM

You're a fool and a clown r150. Decide to stop being a fool and a clown. It's the first step to freedom, and sanity.

by Anonymousreply 151May 2, 2024 6:27 PM

Just gonna drop this here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152May 2, 2024 6:29 PM

R147 it was a good answer, but like I said, you have Level 2 autism and cannot understand abstract concepts.

by Anonymousreply 153May 2, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote] It's utter lunacy that the Democratic party only listens to its wealthy donors and tailors its every move and every legislative action to cater to those wealthy donors

Delusional.

by Anonymousreply 154May 2, 2024 6:30 PM

And you have level 12 stupid r153. You are going to have to work on that. You are going to have to free yourself from the stupid so that eventually you can free yourself from the Trump Cult.

Actually, I suspect you can, with hard work and great effort, you can indeed pull free of the stupid and become an actual human adult and not this pitiful child we all see before us.

by Anonymousreply 155May 2, 2024 6:34 PM

R145 The American youth have been blathering on about this for over a century. There were massive socialist movements in the early 20th century (Debs, etc.) to a degree these idiot kids can’t even fathom. Why will it suddenly work now?

by Anonymousreply 156May 2, 2024 6:34 PM

R120 - oh yes, I'm sure *this time* it will be different if we vote for the Democratic candidate. We can surely trust the Biden/Harris team. GTFO with that bullshit. Obama had a super majority. He and the House and the Senate could have made great leaps of initiative and rammed through breakthrough legislation on so many fronts. What excuses do you have lined up for how that Administration tiptoed, backtracked, or dropped the ball so completely during that time? A lot of excuses, I'm sure. Get real. The bloom was off the Obama rose by the end of his first stint as President, that much became evident with the lack of enthusiasm that greeted his second run. That stupid meme of Lucy, the football, and Charlie Brown is absolutely on point. If anyone continues to be a loyal, full-ticket Dem voter at this stage, then they have Stockholm Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 157May 2, 2024 6:37 PM

IT'S MAMALA!

by Anonymousreply 158May 2, 2024 6:38 PM

R127 - oh, you mean the primaries where no viable alternative to Biden was proffered? What a joke. If you think the younger generations can't see through the tactical maneuvering (and gaslighting) of the corporate Democrats, you're nuts.

by Anonymousreply 159May 2, 2024 6:41 PM

PAUSE

by Anonymousreply 160May 2, 2024 6:41 PM

[quote] Obama had a super majority

Susan Sarandon, give it up. Your half-truths are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 161May 2, 2024 6:43 PM

R157 wants you to forget that Obama’s win inspired the Tea Party and Donald Trump’s election. But I’m sure a burn it down strategy will make all of the opposition disappear!

Those of us who live in reality rather than our heads know that progress is slow. Biden’s policies reduced child poverty to 7.8 percent, which then shot up to 12.4 percent when the GOP took power and refused to extend. That probably makes no difference to people who fantasize about revolution, but it represents over 3 million children now back in poverty.

by Anonymousreply 162May 2, 2024 6:44 PM

[quote] oh, you mean the primaries where no viable alternative to Biden was proffered?

Young people love their Bernie Sanders. Why didn't they vote for him in huge numbers then? They had the opportunity to do so in 2016. But they choose not too. Elizabeth Warren, the other progressive darling, couldn't even with the primary in Massachusetts! Biden won because more people choose him in the primaries. It's really that simple. There were a wide range of candidates from Sanders, Warren, Buttigieg, Biden, etc. If they didn't like one of them, there were other options available.

by Anonymousreply 163May 2, 2024 6:45 PM

R151 - what a scintillating piece of debate. I can see why you support candidates like Biden. Next time, try blubbering more, though.

by Anonymousreply 164May 2, 2024 6:45 PM

Note the passivity encouraged by r159. Gen Z is to be offered suitable candidates at the ballot box, should they choose to show up and vote. Just like TikTok!

by Anonymousreply 165May 2, 2024 6:47 PM

R156 - and why do you think it's different now? Why do you think it's no different now? Come on now, if you go really deep into contemplation, I think you'll find an enlightening answer is ready to greet you. Here's a hint: the failing antiquated systems are even more antiquated in 2024. They're also inefficient and breaking down.

by Anonymousreply 166May 2, 2024 6:49 PM

R165, I generally really dislike the disdain for younger people but your comment is really spot on in this case. Gen Z wants things to be OFFERED to them. They don't want to use the system to change things, they want the system to work like a game show. In actuality, it's an act of self-sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 167May 2, 2024 6:51 PM

Many may not like Biden but he will only serve for 4 years and then you get to elect someone else.

If you vote for Trump you will never get to vote again because all those people trying to appease him and be on his good side are getting in line to take over control. Bannon, Miller, Gop, Flynn, etc. Trump said at his rally the other day about executing his enemies. When asked this time if he would be a dictator he responded that he thinks people seem to like the idea of him being one.

by Anonymousreply 168May 2, 2024 6:53 PM

R163 - I'll respond with a quote: "oh, you mean the primaries where no viable alternative to Biden was proffered? What a joke. If you think the younger generations can't see through the tactical maneuvering (and gaslighting) of the corporate Democrats, you're nuts."

Not all younger voters thought Bernie Sanders was the second coming. Nor are any of the third-party candidates viable because of, oh, I don't know, the way the current system is set up to favor a two-party system? If you can't see that the political impasse in the US is explicitly organized to favor a locked-in two-party voting system (the Electoral College is another rigged system altogether), then you are a victim of propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 169May 2, 2024 6:56 PM

R165 - Your idea of what constitutes "suitable candidates at the ballot box" is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 170May 2, 2024 6:57 PM

[quote]It's utter lunacy that the Democratic party only listens to its wealthy donors and tailors its every move and every legislative action to cater to those wealthy donors.

Oh, yes, the wealthy donors have looooved Biden lowering prescription drug prices, putting out of pocket caps on drugs for seniors, backing unions, mandating emission cuts, expanding overtime pay, cracking down on junk fees and overdraft charges, etc. etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 171May 2, 2024 7:00 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172May 2, 2024 7:14 PM

R167 - I don't think you get it, really. Many in the younger generations don't want things "offered to them" especially if those offers (bribes, really) are bound up in being manipulated into continuing to opt into the old systems. As much as some of you want to believe, change doesn't always move at a snail's pace. It's not always a gradual, incremental series of baby steps. If your house suddenly burns down and you lose everything, you have to start over. A complete destruction of a way of life that has to be rebuilt. The destruction can be swift and painful. The rebuilding can be slow, but at least something is being rebuilt, hopefully for the better. Huge societal shifts can follow that same trajectory. Democratic party loyalists want you to believe the "baby steps/slow change" line because it suits their complete ineptness and/or willful lack of progress. The GOP has been ruthless and lawless and made startling adjustments in their ideology and platform, unpleasant and negative ones for sure. Those changes happened fairly quickly, and now, their party loyalists are locked and loaded. The Democrats, on the other hand, have been wishy-washy, "when they go low, we go high" with their approach, and it's a tragic failure. But I'm guessing that failure is intentional because the two-party system = two heads on the same corporate/military hydra.

by Anonymousreply 173May 2, 2024 7:14 PM

And what is this magical mystical new system you are building r173? What is your fantasy for the future and how will you make it real, or semireal, or wheels within wheels and fantasy on top of fantasy? What is the bullshit answer that you offer everybody? Trump? Putin? Your ass? What?

by Anonymousreply 174May 2, 2024 7:36 PM

I agree with Moore.

by Anonymousreply 175May 2, 2024 8:19 PM

R174 is a good example of the lie of conservatism. Very well explained in Angels in America.

“STOP MOVING!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 2, 2024 8:49 PM

Michael Moore is an idiot and ahpuld shut his goddamn mouth. Biden has called for a ceasefire multiple times.

R173 is the dumbest person in this galaxy and a couple of others nearby

by Anonymousreply 177May 2, 2024 8:56 PM

Everyone's allowed to be ignorant, misguided, and wrong, R175. It's just not a great choice to make.

by Anonymousreply 178May 2, 2024 9:01 PM

Ohmygawd!

Michael Moore invited on CNN’s The Source with Kaitlan Collins! I'm throwing up in my own mouth.

File under "typical 'both sides' nonsense" from mainstream media. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 179May 2, 2024 9:01 PM

[quote]But I'm guessing that failure is intentional because the two-party system = two heads on the same corporate/military hydra.

Every time I see this "two parties are the same" bullshit, I know I'm dealing with a brainwashed ignorant mental defective whose opinions aren't worth the crayons they're scribbled in.

by Anonymousreply 180May 2, 2024 9:02 PM

Moore was right in 2016 because he devoted every ounce of his being to destroying Hillary Clinton for two years!

by Anonymousreply 181May 2, 2024 9:06 PM

[quote] Biden has called for a ceasefire multiple times.

Bullshit. Harris used the word once but Biden says he suggested a pause in the fighting to release the hostages, making clear it is only temporary. He would never 'call' Israel on any military strategy.

And don't call me a MAGA. Trump would be thrilled if Israel slaughtered every last Muslim alive and so would his followers.I'm voting for Biden. He's doing a pretty good job except for the usual Israel ass-licking required from every politician.

by Anonymousreply 182May 2, 2024 10:19 PM

You know what words I never hear from the protestors? “Release the hostages.” The Americans, the Thais, the Israelis, the Arabs. The ones held by Hamas and the ones held by Gazans. Nothing could contribute to the end of this war faster.

by Anonymousreply 183May 2, 2024 10:28 PM

[quote] I'm sure *this time* it will be different if we vote for the Democratic candidate.

No, this time (small-D) democracy and the American way of life will only survive if the Democrat wins. Trump has told us time and again that he will be a dictator, and based on the SCOTUS argument last week, I don't see them or any Republican stopping him. Conservatives have lost control of the Republican party, and if you need proof, look at the resignations of old-school Republicans since the 22 midterms as they give up and go home. The lunatics are running the asylum. This is not a normal election no matter how much the mainstream media wants to tell you it is, how much they want to cover it like a normal election, and no matter how much it looks normal — in an era in which normal has been redefined to include lying, cheating, and stealing.

The bottom line is that we're not deciding between two old men; we're deciding about the way our country will look and operate come January 2025. Burning down the only form of government in which people have a direct say in how and by whom they are governed spells the end of freedom as we know it. Things will not get better if Trump is successful. There won't be more freedom, there won't be an America left worth dreaming about, and if you don't like the way the 1% get everything, you're really going to hate how they not only get everything but everything you have will be taken away.

Look again at the video I posted at R152. She spells it out loudly and clearly.

by Anonymousreply 184May 2, 2024 11:11 PM

These protests are definitely going to encourage people to vote. They're going to vote for whatever candidate promises to lock up these terrorist sympathizers and put an end to this chaos and violence and destruction occurring at these universities. People are sick of this nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 185May 2, 2024 11:39 PM

R181 I remember that, and then he was bitching that Trump got elected. I also preferred Bernie, but after Hillary became the nominee it was counterproductive to bash her. Moore just doesn't learn.

by Anonymousreply 186May 3, 2024 12:24 AM

I call into question the judgement of anyone gullible enough to fall for Bernie's grift, quite frankly.

by Anonymousreply 187May 3, 2024 4:13 AM

I am so sorry, was he not the person that predicted the Trump win? Oh, Yes, THAT, he predicted THAT.

He will lose for various reasons, this being one of them and the signing of the death of Tiktok will not help either. But again, he is running against a cult leader Christo-fascist, so there is that hurdle.

by Anonymousreply 188May 3, 2024 4:21 AM

R2, People like Trump?

by Anonymousreply 189May 3, 2024 4:57 AM

Trump declared Jerusalem the capital of Israel and moved our embassy. He called, and is calling, for a ban on Muslims entering the US.

And Michigan's Arabs will vote for him?! Be careful what you wish for, Mohammad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190May 3, 2024 5:04 AM

R188, Trump is a real Fascist; he pretends the "Christo" part Elmer Gantry style: to dupe the gulls and rubes. Hence, his lingo about himself as the Messiah, the Chosen One, the Persecuted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191May 3, 2024 5:12 AM

R173 = Susan Sarandon.

by Anonymousreply 192May 3, 2024 5:16 AM

R166, I'm a Baffled Normal who is herself "antiquated," yet I am unsure about that to which you refer as "failing antiquated systems."

Do you mean the Electoral College? Do you mean voting? Do you mean American democracy? Do you mean Legacy Admissions to elite universities?

by Anonymousreply 193May 3, 2024 5:23 AM

Same here r187. It was so blatant.

by Anonymousreply 194May 3, 2024 5:35 AM

R97 Nah, they do.

by Anonymousreply 195May 3, 2024 10:55 AM

It does not matter if Trump is a fascist. So was Hitler. They were both democratically elected.

You cannot keep using “save democracy” as your platform to mean you only vote for your candidate. Voting for a candidate with anti democratic authoritarian views is still democracy. Democracy merely means voting and the majority makes the decision. Biden has turned the majority against him, failed to prosecute Trump and now Trump will be reelected. Biden allowed Trump to go unprosecuted because his own view of democracy was so corrupt and perverted that having Trump as an opponent was more important than getting him punished for January 6. By failing to neutralize Trump, Biden legitimized him in the view of many who wouldn’t have been inclined to vote for him otherwise.

Biden supporters continue to make bad faith arguments and to chastise and berate anyone who questions them. The Pro-Palestine movement is now repulsing many people like myself who originally supported protests because their advocates are so horrible. Biden supporters, like these Palestinian absolutists, will never take responsibility for when things will go in the opposite direction for them, so they feel cavalier in propping up their terrible leadership. It is always going to be someone else’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 196May 3, 2024 11:17 AM

Hitler was not democratically elected. The centrists and left splintered their votes - sound familiar? Von Hindenburg, the president, then appointed Hitler as chancellor. After the Reichstag burned, he banned opposition consolidated power to become dictator, subject only to elections held for decorative purposes.

So maybe we shouldn’t be listening to you about democracy, r196.

by Anonymousreply 197May 3, 2024 11:32 AM

[quote] The centrists and left splintered their votes

And there you have it - voting

See r197 is again another example of Bidenists being bad faith actors

Germany’s democracy enabled Hitler’s rise. He was not democratically elected by the people - but neither is our President. Our President is elected by the electoral college.

The mechanisms to reelect Trump are in place because that is how our republic interpreted - or arguably perverted - the notion of democracy. Von Hindenburg, like Biden, enabled Hitler because he thought he could contain him.

Biden did not go after Trump for January 6 because he thought it would be beneficial for him to run for reelection with him as an opponent. He is just as responsible for Trump as Von Hindenburg was for Hitler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 3, 2024 11:57 AM

So now you backtrack. And post from the Anne Frank museum’s website! What kind of psycho compares Joe Biden to von Hindenburg.

Not only do you show bad faith (accusing others of it), but you also spend every sentence spreading the blame (while accusing others of it).

Medication, lamb chop. It’s time to adjust the dosages.

by Anonymousreply 199May 3, 2024 12:05 PM

Not to mention that it's a bit of a stretch to say Biden didn't prosecute Trump (which is not how it works, regardless) because he wanted to run against him again. Biden was pretty open from the outset that he'd have to wait and see who ran and evaluate the situation when we knew more. But to say he didn't prosecute Trump from the outset only shows that you don't know Biden. He came into office on the premise of returning to normalcy in government (remember how everything was a mess? It seems few people do, but that's for another argument). It is not normal, in the US at least, for the new president to prosecute the former president. Now, that assumes that the former president didn't commit crimes, but the truth makes no difference to the Republicans who would and will seek revenge should their guy suffer any consequences. It may take decades, but the reason the Republican mascot is an elephant is because they never forget (see: Clinton's impeachment as revenge for Nixon's ouster).

Further, Biden is old school. He believes in the independence of the judiciary (remember, he was chair of the Senate Judiciary committee) and as a matter of belief stays out of DOJ prosecutorial decisions. In a functioning democracy, this is the way it should be. Don't misunderstand, R196; we're all frustrated that it took Garland 2.5 years to get around to it because Trump's guilt is obvious (and for that, I would like him to be replaced in a second Biden term, but I doubt that's the way Biden sees it). But it's just silly to suggest that Biden wanted to run against Trump. I think Biden wanted to retire and pass the reins to Kamala, and he said as much when he announced his re-election campaign, specifically that he was running because Trump was. But let's face a fact that should be at the top of everyone's mind: in a race between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris, the right and the angry old white men so aggrieved over the first black president would stew themselves in a racist and misogynist brew that would make the 2016 campaign look like the election of a prom king and queen (again, another argument for another day).

And at the end of the day, we have to face the fact that America is a deeply racist nation and as much as R196 wants to claim that Biden supporters don't want to accept responsibility, it's really that Americans don't want to accept responsibility for our original sin of slavery, and certainly not work to end racism writ large. Trump has made that abundantly clear.

by Anonymousreply 200May 3, 2024 2:15 PM

[quote] it's really that Americans don't want to accept responsibility for our original sin of slavery,

Oh.

You’re one of those.

by Anonymousreply 201May 3, 2024 2:25 PM

One of those what? Realist? Democrat? Eldergay with an education?

Do tell.

by Anonymousreply 202May 3, 2024 2:28 PM

If the threat of losing Roe v. Wade in 2016 wasn't persuasive enough to get millions more Dem votes, I doubt the threat of a TikTok ban will be the big motivator we keep being threatened with.

Age 18-24 voters are statistically non-voters.

by Anonymousreply 203May 3, 2024 2:29 PM

R202

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 3, 2024 2:34 PM

Both the fat, white magats and the fat, neon-haired, septum-pierced and tattooed far left need to heed the old adage "be careful what you wish for".

by Anonymousreply 205May 3, 2024 3:45 PM

R200 I don't think America is any more racist than any other country. The worst racists I ever met were northern Europeans. Asians are pretty bad too.

by Anonymousreply 206May 3, 2024 5:20 PM

[quote]I don't think America is any more racist than any other country.

I don't grade on a curve.

by Anonymousreply 207May 3, 2024 5:39 PM

He thinks American women are going to give up their reproductive health rights for Israel? Oy.

by Anonymousreply 208May 14, 2024 12:37 PM

[quote] Is the Muslim + sympathizers vote that big in the US?

Not at all but Joe needs their votes in Michigan so will enthusiastically pander

by Anonymousreply 209May 14, 2024 12:50 PM

Any Muslim that doesn't vote for Biden is a fucking moron who will be rounded up and deported under a Trump Christofascist regime.

Do people ever actually think things through anymore?

by Anonymousreply 210May 14, 2024 1:55 PM

Americans did not create slavery. It was the poor brown Arabs and Africans who perfected the modern slave trade, if you want to get with actual historical facts.

by Anonymousreply 211May 14, 2024 2:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!