Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy! Masters Tournament 2024

Six of Jeopardy!'s highest winners compete for the title of Jeopardy! Master 2024.

Tournament starts Wednesday, May 1 in primetime on ABC (not in syndication).

Nine games over three weeks, with the final game airing May 22.

Competing are James Holzhauer, Mattea Roach, Matt Amodio, Amy Schneider, Victoria Groce and Yogesh Raut.

Use this thread to discuss the Masters Tournament. Use the other thread to discuss the daily syndicated Jeopardy! game (linked inside).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2024 7:12 PM

Since not everyone will be watching both the primetime Masters games and the daily syndicated games, it's best to have two different threads for discussion of the games.

Use the thread linked below to talk about the daily syndicated game.

This thread is for discussion of the Masters games.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2024 5:57 AM

Here is the full schedule for the nine games of this season of Jeopardy! Masters:

Wednesday, May 1, 8 pm ET/PT

Monday, May 6, 8 pm ET/PT

Wednesday, May 8, 8 pm ET/PT

Friday, May 10, 8 pm ET/PT

Monday, May 13, 8 pm ET/PT

Wednesday, May 15, 8 pm ET/PT

Friday, May 17, 8 pm ET/PT

Monday, May 20, 8 pm ET/PT

Wednesday, May 22, 8 pm ET/PT

Since this is airing on ABC rather than in syndication, episodes will also be available to stream the next day on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2024 5:31 PM

I watch Jeopardy! on a CBS Boston channel at 7:30 PM so I'll switch over to ABC at 8:00 PM.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2024 1:44 AM

Amy keeps breaking down the cotton ceiling! I’m rooting for her to dominate this tournament.

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2024 7:14 PM

While I'll certainly watch this year's Masters Tournament, I'm not all that excited by it.

Four of the six contestants were in last year's Masters. And the two people who are new to the Tournament are people I don't really know or especially care about.

But maybe the two news one -- Yogesh and Victoria -- will spice things up and make it more exciting. We'll see . . .

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2024 8:12 PM

Yogesh may just run away with it the way he's playing.

by Anonymousreply 6May 2, 2024 1:18 AM

It was halfway through the clues before I realized that was Sheryl Crow. Why doesn't she look like herself anymore.

by Anonymousreply 7May 2, 2024 1:54 AM

I still love Matt. Almost as much as his Grampa does.

by Anonymousreply 8May 2, 2024 1:55 AM

Surprised that Matt missed the sewing machine question. The answer seemed obvious, but maybe that was because my mother would frequently mention the zig-zag attachment for her sewing machine.

by Anonymousreply 9May 2, 2024 3:28 AM

Loved that Yogesh beat James.

He's really grown on me and I kinda love him now.

by Anonymousreply 10May 2, 2024 7:43 AM

I don’t like Yogesh’s frenzied attempts at buzzing first. It is totally distracting. How many other successful Jeopardy players have had to resort to such behavior?

by Anonymousreply 11May 2, 2024 8:20 AM

Still hate Yogesh. Victoria is kicking ass as expected.

by Anonymousreply 12May 2, 2024 8:33 AM

Matt as usual doesn't seem to have the killer instinct of his rivals. He must have other important things going on in his life.

by Anonymousreply 13May 2, 2024 11:45 AM

Interesting that it was the two newcomers who won the opening games. Almost like they had to prove they were worthy of joining the elite Masters players.

Or maybe TPTB told the four returning Masters to let Victoria and Yogesh win the first game so that it would shake things up a bit.

But with Yogesh and Victoria dominating the games, it also seemed so very odd to see James and Mattea doing so poorly.

We'll see how things progress in the next eight episodes.

by Anonymousreply 14May 2, 2024 5:29 PM

I'll be happy if Amy gets tossed off her pedestal, at least for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2024 12:14 PM

Watching today 5/03 - that contestant Henry is uber trans looking.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2024 11:11 PM

Wrong thread r16. There's no contestant named Henry in the Master's Tournament. And there's no Masters Tournament game today. Next episode is on Monday.

You're watching the regular, syndicated show.

The thread linked below is the one to discuss the syndicated game

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2024 11:17 PM

Good to see James back in form tonight.

But Mattea was barely even there, letting Matt beat her on the buzzer so many times.

Victoria continues to be impressive, but Yogesh seems determined to win this thing. He's fierce on the buzzer.

Looks like Amy is definitely one who will be eliminated when we get to the semi-finals

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 8:20 AM

When Amy went on about the responsibility of having to come up with fresh anecdotes for each game,she seemed truly weary. I wonder if she's just over the competition or perhaps is dealing with something in her personal life.

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 11:52 AM

She could decline the invitation, none of them are there at gunpoint.

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 12:29 PM

Even if Amy is eliminated by the semi-finals, she still gets money for participating in Masters.

The winner gets $500,000. Not sure what fifth and sixth place get. Likely its something like $25,000.

by Anonymousreply 21May 7, 2024 5:21 PM

I like that these contestants all seem to enjoy a bit of fame and the perks that come with it. Unlike some stupid influencer, at least they have a pretty cool talent: Knowing shit.

by Anonymousreply 22May 7, 2024 5:44 PM

Whatsherface’s “Hi, Nora!” every single fucking FJ is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 23May 7, 2024 6:13 PM

True R23. But she's killing it. Bitch knows her shit.

That said, it wasn't the cleanest game tonight for her or James.

Finally, I wonder how Ken would do these days? Do you guys think he'd still dominate?

by Anonymousreply 24May 9, 2024 5:22 AM

Somehow I'm just not into the Masters this year. I'm watching the games and enjoying them somewhat, but it doesn't feel as compelling as it did a year ago.

That said, it looks like the two newcomers are really shaking this thing up. Looks like its going to be James, Victoria and Yogesh in the finals.

James has now been beaten twice -- by the two newcomers no less. So, he's going to be trying twice as hard to get in wins in the next few games.

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2024 5:36 PM

Oh, why didn’t Victoria make a bigger wager!

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2024 1:03 AM

Victoria did not say "Riz Ahmed", she clearly said "Achmed" and thew judges did not penalize her. Why?

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2024 1:37 AM

Both are accepted pronunciations of the name Ahmed

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2024 2:07 AM

I cannot STAND Victoria, and was very happy to see Yogesh buzzer beating her at every turn!! I hope he wins the whole thing!

(And how great did Billie Jean King look?)

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2024 2:11 AM

That last match was fantastic. All three were on fire.

My boy Yogesh is looking good!

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2024 5:33 AM

Wow! Exciting game!

Victoria and Yogesh are giving James a run for his money!

Nice to see Amy get a win.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2024 8:53 AM

Nicer to see James go down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2024 3:36 PM

James is stunned. He didn't expect this. Yogesh has beaten him twice.

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2024 3:13 AM

R33 and it hasn't really been close either time.

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2024 3:53 AM

Go Mattea! Nice to see her log in a win.

Matt is a goner after Wednesday’s game. Even if he wins on Wednesday, he doesn’t have enough points to make it into the semifinals.

Victoria is phenomenal. I think she’s going to be the big winner.

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2024 8:08 AM

Victoria really is amazing R35.

But I wouldn't be surprised if James pulls a rabbit out of his hat once the finals start.

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2024 10:00 AM

Maybe Matt is stoned.

by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2024 11:30 AM

Victoria is amazing and doesn't have nasty/poor sportsmanship moments like Yogesh. I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 38May 15, 2024 4:29 PM

I keep missing it because I don't know when it's on. They should air it on consecutive nights.

by Anonymousreply 39May 15, 2024 6:41 PM

r39, the complete schedule is listed at r2, but it's basically on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays through May 22.

Shows are also on ABC on Demand on cable and on Hulu on streaming.

Very easy to catch all the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 40May 15, 2024 6:54 PM

Dvr it fer chrissakes

by Anonymousreply 41May 16, 2024 2:41 AM

Congrats to Amy for making it into the semi-finals.

Interesting that Mattea and Matt, who finished in 2nd and 3rd place last year, ended up in 5th and 6th place this year and are now out of the competition.

For the first time in this Masters competition, I knew the correct answers to both Finals.

by Anonymousreply 42May 16, 2024 6:58 AM

Both of Yogesh’s FJ responses tonight lacked a verb. He just wrote “what moccasins and tomahawk” and did the same in the second game with whatever that response was. Does he always do that and I just never noticed? Does it seem strange that they accept that? It’s not exactly phrased as a question.

by Anonymousreply 43May 18, 2024 2:32 AM

Victoria seems perfectly nice and even seems to have a bit of a sense of humor but there is something inhuman and robotic about her that puts me off.

by Anonymousreply 44May 18, 2024 3:18 AM

She's known as being extremely nice in the trivia community whereas Yogesh is a cunt.

Anyway, just saw the first half of tonight's masters. Victoria made a big mistake not wagering enough to go into the lead on the Before, Middle, and After category. It's a tough category, but it's almost always doable for TOC-level and above players and she should have trusted her trivia knowledge more and just gone for it.

On to the second half...

by Anonymousreply 45May 18, 2024 4:14 AM

Glad Victoria won the next game. Brutal final jeopardy. And no one ever talks about FDR Jr. I wasn't aware that person even existed.

by Anonymousreply 46May 18, 2024 4:35 AM

Victoria physically reminds me of Rosie O'Donnell, before she went gray and opted for the butch cut.

by Anonymousreply 47May 18, 2024 4:47 AM

So Yogesh makes the superfluous but accurate comment that Tesla was handsome? II got a gay vibe from him before this but he clearly came out with that statement. Forgive me if this has already been noted upthread.

You can tell James did not like being bested by Victoria in the first half of the game.

by Anonymousreply 48May 18, 2024 1:37 PM

Fuck James. Not that anyone would.

by Anonymousreply 49May 18, 2024 3:19 PM

I wonder if Amy was backstage working on today's Spelling Bee during FJ.

by Anonymousreply 50May 18, 2024 4:21 PM

Yes, I noticed that handsome comment about Tesla from Yogesh. I wish I hadn't. That would explain some of his anger issues. No gay is touching that.

by Anonymousreply 51May 18, 2024 6:55 PM

Even if he wins half a million?

by Anonymousreply 52May 18, 2024 7:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!