Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harvard poll of young voters: They don't know or care much about Gaza

Harvard Kennedy School’s Institute of Politics recently released its Spring 2024 poll of young voters 18 to 29 years old and offered some surprising findings regarding the 2024 election and how young people view the Israel-Hamas conflict.Of the 16 issues polled, “Israel/Palestine” ranked as the 15th most important compared to the others – only viewed as more important than student debt.

Inflation, Healthcare, Housing, Gun Violence, and Jobs ranked as the top five most important issues – in that order. “The only issue time that inflation did not win its individual match-up was when it was paired with women’s reproductive rights. Women’s reproductive rights was considered the more important issue, 57% to 43%,” noted the poll.

In terms of how Israel has prosecuted its war against Hamas, a plurality was unsure whether or not Israel had “gone too far.”

“When young Americans are asked whether or not they believe Israel’s response so far to the October 7 attack by Hamas has been justified, a plurality indicates that they don’t know (45%). About a fifth (21%) report that Israel’s response was justified with 32% believing it was not justified.

The poll found that Biden’s approval rating among young voters was at 31 percent overall. On the Israel-Hamas conflict, Biden landed at a dismal 18 percent approval and at 30 percent on the economy in general. Biden still leads Trump by 8 points among all young Americans and 19 points among those who are likely voters, which is down from 30 points at the same time in 2020.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2024 8:30 PM

When pressed, they replied that they don’t find her migraine relief ads compelling enough to vote over.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2024 12:10 AM

I pay no attention to it. There has been one kind of war or another in the Middle East as far back as I can remember. There has been a middle eastern “strongman” or “terrorist leader” since forever. Yasir Arafat, Gaddafi, Saddam, Gaddafi again, Bin Ladin and 5,000 “second in command” we assassinate.

No opinion I have on it will change anything. I’m not Jewish, not Palestinian or any kind of Arabic person. No family in ME, no homeland over there. If I had an opinion or chose a side, nobody would care. It would influence nothing.

by Anonymousreply 2April 27, 2024 1:48 PM

Honestly, outside of the largely Jewish or Palestinian populated cities, people of any age don't really care that much about Gaza and Israel.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2024 2:08 PM

haha i thought that was Snooki drunk at the shore

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2024 2:18 PM

I frankly, wish that someone had taken Mohammed, Jesus, and Moses up that mountain and cut their throats then shit on their bodies, and crushed their degenerate skulls with the fucking tablet.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2024 5:26 PM

The protesters are being shipped-in from out of state (and perhaps out of country?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2024 6:48 PM

[quote] Honestly, outside of the largely Jewish or Palestinian populated cities, people of any age don't really care that much about Gaza and Israel.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 7April 28, 2024 7:00 PM

It's not Jesus, Mohammed, or Moses; it's those who disregard their teachings for their own exploitation of the weak- minded.

by Anonymousreply 8April 28, 2024 8:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!