Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New Poll: Americans warm to mass deportations

EXCLUSIVE POLL: Americans are open to Trump's harshest immigration plans.

Half — including 42% of Democrats — say they'd support mass deportations of undocumented immigrants, per a new Axios Vibes survey by The Harris Poll. https

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317May 2, 2024 3:39 PM

Who cares what Americans want

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 6:01 PM

I always knew jingoistic slogans like "America: home of the brave and free" were complete and utter horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2024 6:03 PM

You are 100% correct, R2. If we were the home of the brave, we would have stopped the invaders at the border or not allowed any of the 300,000 invaders the Biden administration has flown in to even deplane.

by Anonymousreply 3April 25, 2024 6:13 PM

I'm imagining you with a lip full of chewing tobacco, r3. That is the trashiest fucking thing I've ever read.

by Anonymousreply 4April 25, 2024 6:19 PM

Get a load of the Annie Oakley wannabe @R3.

Get it, gurlina.

by Anonymousreply 5April 25, 2024 6:26 PM

Things like this make me wonder about population control, like China's One Child policy.

Just how many more people are on earth since the 70s. It makes me think ugly, unspeakable things can happen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 25, 2024 6:27 PM

Thank you, R4.

by Anonymousreply 7April 25, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote]If we were the home of the brave, we would have stopped the invaders at the border or not allowed any of the 300,000 invaders the Biden administration has flown in to even deplane.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 8April 25, 2024 6:33 PM

Impossible to do on any meaningful scale. I’m sure quite a few people who have come here to work have married and built a life and had children, who are US citizens.

So you send the parents back to their country of origin and do what with the kids? The foster care system is already at a breaking point and children are already sleeping in local social services office for lack of foster families.

Not to mention that practically all fast food, landscaping, housekeeping, agriculture and construction businesses would grind to a halt.

It’s an interesting idea to ponder but it isn’t really feasible. I don’t even know how you would begin to round them up, unless you went door-to-door like the census takers.

Most Americans may think one thing when asked by a pollster over the phone, but when you get pictures in the news of CBP agents knocking on random doors and crying children being taken from their mothers I wager that those feelings would be very different for many. Even if they don’t care about common decency, many will think differently when their lawns become jungles, milk and meat disappears from grocery stores, and practically every restaurant in the country raises their prices even more.

by Anonymousreply 9April 25, 2024 6:34 PM

Can we just deport the Magats to Russia where they'd be truly happy?

by Anonymousreply 10April 25, 2024 6:39 PM

This is why racism is so important to get rid of and world education should be a collective goal. Empowering countries to succeed and thrive so they don't have have to migrate for economic reasons.

At the same time, protecting cultures from global influence is important. I want to live in harmonious world, not one that wars itself and commits genocide and ethnic cleansing against those it doesn't like.

by Anonymousreply 11April 25, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote]Can we just deport the Magats to Russia where they'd be truly happy?

All those Trumpers in Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden!

"Nordic states to tighten collaboration on migrant deportations"

"One common goal was "ensuring the deportation of foreigners without residence permits" to their countries of origin, Dybvad Bek added."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 25, 2024 6:46 PM

R11

Sounds like a workable plan

Yes we need a world full,of peace and good people not full of war and bad people. It would also be nice if there was no world hunger, everyone gets along, all school was free and the world was devoid of racism.

Yours is a realistic plan

by Anonymousreply 13April 25, 2024 6:52 PM

[quote] This is why racism is so important to get rid of and world education should be a collective goal. Empowering countries to succeed and thrive so they don't have have to migrate for economic reasons.

Our resident neocon has entered the chat.

by Anonymousreply 14April 25, 2024 7:14 PM

[quote]I always knew jingoistic slogans like "America: home of the brave and free" were complete and utter horseshit. —More like America: home of gutless, spineless cowards like Donald Trump

Wrong thread, you dope.

by Anonymousreply 15April 25, 2024 7:15 PM

Let's all hold hands and sing!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 25, 2024 7:23 PM

What's driving this xenophobia is money. Immigrants will work cheaper. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 17April 25, 2024 8:24 PM

Some people on this thread don't live in so called "sanctuary cities" and have not had to see or feel the impact of thousands of undocumented, unknown people flooding their cities, getting freebies that citizens don't get.

This is a major problem.

It doesn't impact many Americans, but those who have been impacted are very, very angry. Most of them are Democrats and have seen the person they voted in, betray the people who supported them.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

by Anonymousreply 18April 25, 2024 8:57 PM

If the GOP gets the trifecta, they need to create a reconciliation bill that appropriates money for a physical barrier along the border and adequately funds deportation efforts. It would help:if they deputize state personnel to assist in the effort.

by Anonymousreply 19April 25, 2024 9:32 PM

<- Yes, let's sit back and watch Turd solve all the world's problems: inflation; wars; The Border; crime-ridden cities; global warming; gas prices... Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 20April 25, 2024 9:48 PM

[quote]New Poll: Americans warm to mass deportations

And the lowliest of Datalounge lowlifes, too!

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2024 9:56 PM

[quote]New Poll: Americans warm to mass deportations

Sweden’s new migration policy:

"Those who have no grounds for protection or other legal right to stay in Sweden must be expelled."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 25, 2024 10:08 PM

^^^I would say none of them do. Why should the Swedes have to live with this major fuck up of their progressive politicians, most of whom were and are women? Unfortunately, women have paid the price with rapes and assaults thanks to these politicians' absolute stupidity, disregard for the welfare of their fellow citizens, especially women, and their need to feel good, enlightened and, well, progressive.

by Anonymousreply 23April 25, 2024 10:12 PM

[quote] What's driving this xenophobia is money. Immigrants will work cheaper. That's all.

That’s reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 24April 25, 2024 10:57 PM

R18, they got what they voted for.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2024 10:59 PM

R18 I'm sure many posters live in coastal "sanctuary cities" and have not have their lives affected in the least. I'm one of them. This is an emotional problem and your propaganda-addled lizard brain has convinced you that it's an actual threat to your well-being. As r9 pointed out, many undocumented people have blended into society and are performing necessary service industry jobs. Think about that the next time you take Mother's LeBaron down to McDonald's to use some coupons.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2024 12:38 AM

[quote] many undocumented people have blended into society and are performing necessary service industry jobs.

That should make it easier for the government to know where to look when it is hunting for them. The illegals better start looking at the help wanted ads in their home country

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2024 12:46 AM

Send the Trumptards to Russia and the Palestinians to Gaza.

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2024 12:52 AM

Obama deported more illegal immigrants than anyone.

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2024 5:26 AM

I doubt there will be mass deportations. It's bad for business. The restaurant business, for one, would be destroyed. It ain't happening.

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2024 6:39 AM

A point of caution about this poll:

This survey was conducted by The Harris Poll, which tends to have a right-wing lean. Harris was purchased by Stagwell several years ago, which is run by Mark Penn. Penn used to be a Democrat in the 1990's when he worked for Bill Clinton and later worked for Hillary, but has became a Trump defender and adviser in recent years.

That's not to say that Americans are not expressing tougher views on illegal immigration these days, but some of the numbers (eg. that 42% of Democrats would support mass deportations) may be skewed by the pollster's bias.

by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2024 7:09 AM

[quote]I doubt there will be mass deportations. It's bad for business. The restaurant business, for one, would be destroyed. It ain't happening.

The agriculture industry would also be hobbled. There would be nobody to pick produce or process meat, for example. No food on their plates would soon convince Americans that immigrants aren't so bad after all.

by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2024 10:31 AM

Deport them all.

by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2024 10:32 AM

We should deport ALL illegal aliens and invaders. That means you too White Man

by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2024 10:36 AM

^^^ That canoe has paddled down stream long ago.

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2024 10:59 AM

OP- Harsh is having

WIDE OPEN borders

Even the NYT report illegal immigrants are streaming in from China 🇨🇳 and from all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 36April 26, 2024 11:19 AM

for every 1 illegal deported they should let in 2 legal immigrants.

by Anonymousreply 37April 26, 2024 11:20 AM

Border—-Trump

Campus disruption—-Trump

Immigration—-Trump

Trans and gay support——Biden

Economy for real—-Biden

Economy make believe—-Trump

The issues are starting to fall into place for 2924

And you might think these courts cases are going to sink trump if he is ever convicted—-the polls are showing that those who have said they would not vote for him if convicted has shrunk greatly since August 2023. For all his current or possible court cases.

Now they don’t care as much

by Anonymousreply 38April 26, 2024 11:32 AM

Is anyone dumb enough not to know I meant 2024 not 2924?

by Anonymousreply 39April 26, 2024 11:33 AM

[quote]The issues are starting to fall into place for 2924

Aren't you the optimist.

by Anonymousreply 40April 26, 2024 11:33 AM

Thank goodness no violent crimes are committed by home-grown citizens.

by Anonymousreply 41April 26, 2024 11:34 AM

R41

Thanks

Crime—-Trump (liberals and Dems never own in a good way the crime issue)

R40

I was talking about you in R39 it seems

by Anonymousreply 42April 26, 2024 11:44 AM

R42, that's okay! Everyone in the 81 states knows what you meant!

by Anonymousreply 43April 26, 2024 12:41 PM

It’s funny how someone asked on DL recently if their local Next Door was full of racists and Gladys Kravitses. I said no. Because I didn’t see anything like that.

This week - everyone is nuts because a “unmarked” white bus was spotted letting people off in a parking lot. The people were dark skinned and …reportedly … carrying big suitcases. The consensus is that the black mayor of NYC is secretly sending migrants here from a defunct airfield in Queens. They are all hysterical 9nnthe all, calling congressmen, town supervisors, county supervisors, police. And it’s all Biden’s fault.

by Anonymousreply 44April 26, 2024 1:37 PM

Well at least the trollfarms figured out how "border" is spelled.

Progress, comrades! Beets and vodka shots for everybody!

by Anonymousreply 45April 26, 2024 1:39 PM

Can we do this retroactively as well? For instance most Italian-American migrants were undocumented. If we can throw the Italians out, maybe I’d warm to it too.

by Anonymousreply 46April 26, 2024 1:40 PM

[quote]For instance most Italian-American migrants were undocumented.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 47April 26, 2024 1:44 PM

It's inevitable. Expect to see many more stories in the media about immigrant crimes. It will get ugly. They will start with the ones suspected of crimes. Then they will start checking papers everywhere. Then they will just round them up at gun point. If Biden loses, it will be largely over immigration. American's desperately need someone to blame for their unhappiness. This is nothing new and far from unique to this country. Again, it is going to be very ugly and hard for some Americans to stomach.

by Anonymousreply 48April 26, 2024 1:53 PM

From my research it’s my understand that the Italians got documented when they arrived in the US.

Heath checks, treatment for infectious diseases, new names based on the town in Italy they came from, and a legal start on a new documented life then they joined the mafia.

. The way it’s supposed to work except for the mafia part

by Anonymousreply 49April 26, 2024 1:58 PM

[quote] Well at least the trollfarms figured out how "border" is spelled.

Buy they still don’t get “bias/biased” correctly. “You are bias!”

by Anonymousreply 50April 26, 2024 2:05 PM

The thing that shocks me is that criminals are not deported. Why??

by Anonymousreply 51April 26, 2024 2:10 PM

Deport a criminal while the border is still open, he just walks back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 26, 2024 2:13 PM

Send 'em back! 'Murica doesn't need any more of 'em!

by Anonymousreply 53April 26, 2024 2:38 PM

[quote]So you send the parents back to their country of origin and do what with the kids? The foster care system is already at a breaking point and children are already sleeping in local social services office for lack of foster families.

None of those kids are white so nobody cares. If they were white kids, it would be a national emergency.

by Anonymousreply 54April 26, 2024 2:39 PM

My grandfather was not named for his village, stupid person you are, his name would've been Bella, it was not, you are a retard.

by Anonymousreply 55April 26, 2024 4:58 PM

R55

No I saw it recently on amc or some other outlet. The little Italian boy come to Ellis island , was sick, got treated, stayed there a few months, and was given a new name based on where he came from in Italy.

Maybe your grandfather was an outlier?

Retard is such an unkind way to express yourself. Words hurt. Now go watch a good movie fuckhead.

by Anonymousreply 56April 26, 2024 5:05 PM

Italians weren't given new names you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 57April 26, 2024 5:08 PM

R57

You could be right. Maybe it was just uncle Vito that got that new name. I’d ask Mike but he does not return my calls,

by Anonymousreply 58April 26, 2024 5:19 PM

Article by professional archivists refuting the popular notion of names being changed by Ellis Island immigration officials.

[quote]Most people have heard one explanation: those names were “changed at Ellis Island,” altered either maliciously or ignorantly by port officials when the immigrant passed through. The charge against immigration officials, however, is provably false: no names were written down at Ellis Island, and thus no names were changed there. The names of arriving passengers were already written down on manifests required by the federal government, lists which crossed the ocean with the passengers. Records kept by the government demonstrate conclusively that immigrants left Ellis Island with the same surnames they had arrived with. The idea that names were changed at the point of entry is a myth, an urban legend promoted by a popular film. Changes were made later, by the immigrants themselves, usually during the naturalization process.

[quote]No one’s family name was changed, altered, shortened, butchered, or “written down wrong” at Ellis Island or any American port. That idea is an urban legend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 26, 2024 7:01 PM

[quote]The thing that shocks me is that criminals are not deported. Why??

Because that's racist!

by Anonymousreply 60April 26, 2024 7:03 PM

R59

JHC it was a plot line in the movie Godfather 2. I figured everyone would have seen that. Of course they did not routinely change everyone’s name to the village in Italy they came from.

by Anonymousreply 61April 26, 2024 7:14 PM

Of course not, R61. I've seen The Godfather 2 as well, and more than a few other film references. And I'm an historian.

I just posted the a well reasoned rebuttal link because of the persistence of the myth and because it was being debated in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 62April 26, 2024 7:19 PM

[quote]No one’s family name was changed, altered, shortened, butchered, or “written down wrong” at Ellis Island or any American port. That idea is an urban legend.

You are wrong.

Names certainly were changed.

Mine was. The spelling. Documents in Italy and the US do not line up.

Names were changed upon arrival or by census takers or even at hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 63April 26, 2024 7:35 PM

Read the fucking article, R63. Of course names change over time and geography, but in more than 99% of cases, that wasn't down to immigration officials.

by Anonymousreply 64April 26, 2024 7:54 PM

R63, how are the names spelled on the manifest of the ship your family arrived on? That is the point being made.

Ellis Island worked from the ship's manifest.

Look for your family on the manifest. That is the name that was used at Ellis Island.

As for the census, now you are talking about people (census takers) writing (remember script?) names down on the census. Sometimes misspelled. Sometimes misread when the census listings were digitized for research.

Like this... Census taker writes down the last name, perhaps with the correct spelling (assuming your family could read and write - no offense, but not all immigrants could) or perhaps an incorrect spelling. When the records are indexed and computerized for research purposes, it's quite common to see misspellings because the script is misread (ever misread someone's handwriting?)

Another example, when researching people with the last name of Kelly, I've seen it spelled Kely, Kelley, Keley, Caly, Caley, Callie, etc...

I've done a huge amount of research on these records.

P.S. The other problem with the Ellis Island scene from Godfather 2 is that Ellis Island did not let in minors who were unaccompanied. This was so well known that the shipping companies knew this full well as any unaccompanied minors were shipped back and the shipping companies did not want to deal with this.

Young people (young teenagers) could come in if they were expected and vouched for by family members already in the US. But they were held back at Ellis Island (with the existing paperwork to prove it) until assurance was received that they would be supported by the family already in the US. Similar to elderly people who were obviously too old to work, who were held aside until being vouched for by people in the US. Ellis Island records are easily viewed and confirm all this.

by Anonymousreply 65April 26, 2024 7:59 PM

[quote]Read the fucking article, [R63]. Of course names change over time and geography

Over time or geography....what does that mean? Ours was certainly changed by an official in some capacity.

by Anonymousreply 66April 26, 2024 8:00 PM

R65 My family did not arrive on Ellis Island. Their ship arrived in Canada. 1880s. From there they traveled by train to the US.

by Anonymousreply 67April 26, 2024 8:06 PM

R66, What name is on their ship's manifest?

That is the question.

The shipping company is the most likely place that the name was misspelled when the tickets were purchased. Look at the manifest. Ellis Island worked from the manifest.

It's doubtful the immigrants (assuming they could read it as not all could) would have ever seen the manifest. So if the name differed from that in the old country, they would assume if happened at Ellis Island.

by Anonymousreply 68April 26, 2024 8:06 PM

R66, R67.

Familysearch.com has passengers lists starting in 1881.

Halifax ship records start then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69April 26, 2024 8:13 PM

The link at R69 is to familysearch's page about Canada Passenger Lists.

by Anonymousreply 70April 26, 2024 8:17 PM

Europe has moved en masse toward immigration restriction. Even soft touch Canada has put on limits. Biden, meanwhile, has flung the doors open, with more than 3 million people arriving illegally and let into the country.

by Anonymousreply 71April 26, 2024 8:18 PM

Europe has a very, very different problem. We tend to throw these in the same big basket of "immigration" but Europe is rightly worried about a bunch of deeply anti-European Muslims coming into various countries and deciding they hate the place and wanting to "do something" about it.

The U.S. is in a very different situation with our Mexican and Central American and South American immigrants (overwhelmingly, that is what we are talking about, despite all the crazed and bitter cunts pretending ISIS is flooding the place).

It's just not comparable at all, not even a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 72April 26, 2024 8:21 PM

Nope, no problem with Muslims here. Islam is totally compatible with tolerance and civil rights for women and gays. A peace-loving people, ever eager to integrate.

by Anonymousreply 73April 26, 2024 8:29 PM

Europe always looked its collective nose down at the U.S. over race relations from their homogeneous countries. Now, they’re having to learn the harsh realities of mass immigration.

by Anonymousreply 74April 26, 2024 8:30 PM

Muslims where r73? There literally is no real problem with Muslims in the U.S. Just aren't enough. They really don't matter as far as our national politics is concerned, despite all the blather and nonsense. They don't.

by Anonymousreply 75April 26, 2024 8:31 PM

The Muslims are all driving for Uber, r75.

"The agriculture industry would also be hobbled. There would be nobody to pick produce or process meat, for example. No food on their plates would soon convince Americans that immigrants aren't so bad after all."

No, the agriculture industry would have to start paying a living wage to Americans who would do that work if the pay was not slave wages. You enjoy the benefits of slavery.

by Anonymousreply 76April 26, 2024 8:35 PM

[quote]It's just not comparable at all, not even a little bit.

The scene out of Dearborn...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 26, 2024 8:36 PM

Some fuckers are shouting in Dearborn r77? Really? I'm supposed to fall apart about that? Hey, you know what sucks more? Millions of white supremacists who live by the dream that The South Will Rise Again and everyone should be a gun nut. Yeah, a few angry muslims bellowing is really beside the point, comparatively.

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2024 8:38 PM

[quote]Muslims where [R73]? There literally is no real problem with Muslims in the U.S. Just aren't enough. They really don't matter as far as our national politics is concerned, despite all the blather and nonsense. They don't.

You sound like Europe 20 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 79April 26, 2024 8:39 PM

[quote]They really don't matter as far as our national politics is concerned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80April 26, 2024 8:43 PM

Muslims are 1.1% of the population in the U.S. (at least what I just checked). Muslims in France: 8.8% Sweden 8.1% And actually 8% is enough to be a problem, and I can see why Europe wants to say, hold off, and get much more serious about assimilating the population that is already there. No more dicking around and pretending there is no problem. Yes, I agree with that. But the truth is, virtually every problem in the United States is caused by fanatical christians and Trump cult members and morons who think worshiping the rich is the be-all, end-all of the American economy. Muslims have pretty much nothing to do with anything, except the very small problem (in a real, practical way, as far as we are concerned) of Gaza and Palestine.

And yes, r80, a lot of dingbats are angry at Biden for not wanting to see Israel destroyed, but despite all the hoopla they will not determine this election. If America is stupid enough to give the presidency back to the career criminal traitor Trump it will not be because some fuckers in Michigan did it. It will be a collective failure on the part of millions of white native born, washed in the blood of the lamb Christians and the stupid fuckers too lazy to outvote them.

by Anonymousreply 81April 26, 2024 8:50 PM

[quote]But the truth is, virtually every problem in the United States is caused by fanatical christians and Trump cult members

That is not true.

The majority of violent crime (per percentage of population) is caused by POC. It is not an opinion. It is fact...see the FBI statistics..

by Anonymousreply 82April 26, 2024 9:02 PM

R72 excuses, escuses. You take seriously Europe's supposed security concerns when it seeks to curtail illegal immigration but totally dismiss similar concerns for the US.

You really thinking opening the border to millions of people without any paperwork or background checks hasn't made this country less safe? And it's not just Latin Americans crossing into the US now.

by Anonymousreply 83April 26, 2024 9:10 PM

Do we get to choose which Americans we deport? I’ve got a long list.

by Anonymousreply 84April 26, 2024 9:13 PM

They are NOT similar concerns in the U.S. r83. That is the point. They are very much not similar concerns. There is no reason to be afraid of Guatemalans and Salvadorans. There is some reason to be afraid of Syrians in Europe. They are different matters.

by Anonymousreply 85April 26, 2024 9:14 PM

We're moving into late Weimar, early Third Reich territory. It is clearly going to get worse before it gets better. It will take some sort of cataclysm to jolt this country back to its senses.

by Anonymousreply 86April 26, 2024 9:15 PM

We can deal with criminals the way we always have dealt with petty criminals, black or white, r82. What I'm not sure we can deal with is a large group of Christians and Trump cult members deciding the constitution is an obstacle to their stupid dreams and moving to get rid of it.

by Anonymousreply 87April 26, 2024 9:16 PM

R87 What we don't need are bigots like you claiming that Christians are the cause of "virtually every problem in the United States".

by Anonymousreply 88April 26, 2024 9:20 PM

Politically, wingnut Christians are a HUGE part of the problem r88. Much more than Muslims.

by Anonymousreply 89April 26, 2024 9:22 PM

[quote]The majority of violent crime (per percentage of population) is caused by POC. It is not an opinion. It is fact...see the FBI statistics..

Incorrect.

The MAJORITY of violent crime in the United States is committed by whites. It isn't even close. Something like 65% of all violent crimes -- committed by whites.

Nice try though.

by Anonymousreply 90April 26, 2024 9:22 PM

R90 Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

Note: "per percentage of population".

Per percentage of population violent crime in the US is overwhelmingly caused by POC.

by Anonymousreply 91April 26, 2024 9:27 PM

in this case "per percentage of the population" doesn't actually mean as much as overall numbers r91. When deciding who the Big Problems are, it actually matters more who the Big Problems are, in absolute terms.

by Anonymousreply 92April 26, 2024 9:29 PM

R92 You are wrong again.

Homicides US 2019 (FBI Table 43A) "Murder and non negligent manslaughter"

Total arrests: white 3,650 ....Black or African American 4,078

by Anonymousreply 93April 26, 2024 9:42 PM

That tells us nothing r93. Total arrests? Really. No, not good enough. You would need to know, total actual criminals and total crimes per criminal and how serious each crime was. Not total arrests, which is a very different thing. Total number of murderers, robbers, rapists, etc. And if most crimes aren't solved, and we can't really know who committed, them, then you have to fall back on probabilities. And here, in a country that is still something like 60% white (well, as defined by some, which opens up a WHOLE other thing) the majority of crimes are still probably white crimes.

by Anonymousreply 94April 26, 2024 9:48 PM

Clearly, R93 is just another white person coasting on the color of his skin, because it damn sure isn't his brains that are keeping him alive.

You said MAJORITY dummy. I don't have any reading comprehension issues, you just don't understand what you're talking about.

"Per percentage of the population" doesn't mean anything either. That's why, when you Google that nonsense term, you only get 11,000 results.

Listen up. In order to convey what you are TRYING to convey, you need to take out the word MAJORITY, and replace the words "per percentage of of the population" with something like "relative to their percentage of the population."

Did you flunk out of high school?

by Anonymousreply 95April 26, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote]"Per percentage of the population" doesn't mean anything either.

You are exceedingly stupid. It most certainly does.

[quote]Total arrests? Really. No, not good enough. You would need to know, total actual criminals and total crimes per criminal and how serious each crime was. Not total arrests, which is a very different thing. Total number of murderers, robbers, rapists, etc. And if most crimes aren't solved, and we can't really know who committed, them, then you have to fall back on probabilities.

Nice try. Total arrests are our best indication of the reality.

by Anonymousreply 96April 26, 2024 9:59 PM

Oh and BTW R95 the homicide figures at R93 are without considering percentage of population. When you do, the result is quite shocking.

by Anonymousreply 97April 26, 2024 10:03 PM

horseshit and horseshit r96. Arrests are very arbitrary and very much tied to other factors, which in the U.S. are often racial factors.

But again, when determining who are the "biggest problems" in any country, per population is not as important as overall numbers. In Russia, whatever is happening with the small Jewish population, is probably dwarfed by whatever is happening with the much larger Russian Orthodox population. That is not some moral calculation. It is about numbers and impact.

In the U.S. overall, muslims have a small impact. Christians have a large impact. That is all. That is the fact. No amount of squirming or Jesus blather changes any participle of it.

by Anonymousreply 98April 26, 2024 10:04 PM

The US Government will never let the Muslim population get above 5%. That's when the shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 99April 26, 2024 10:07 PM

For R67

Regarding passenger lists from Europe to Canada in the 1880s, Ancestry.com has a good selection.

If you do not have an Ancestry.com membership, local public libraries in the US frequently have a subscription to Ancestry.com. Restrictions for accessing that product, however, mean that library card holders must use a computer at the library to access it. Check your local library's website for a list of databases they subscribe to. Usually there are several genealogy database products that library card holders can use.

by Anonymousreply 100April 26, 2024 10:09 PM

[quote]Arrests are very arbitrary and very much tied to other factors, which in the U.S. are often racial factors.

R98 you are grasping at straws. You are deluded. The numbers are what they are.

by Anonymousreply 101April 26, 2024 10:15 PM

R99, how exactly is our oh-so-competent government going to cap the Muslim population at 5%? Remember, they have high birthrates. And the very nature of open immigration and sanctuary cities means that at the moment, no one is stopping Muslims at the border.

"Our government will never let anything bad happen to Americans. Our government knows how to take care of us!" -- famous last words of deluded idiots of all political persuasions.

by Anonymousreply 102April 26, 2024 10:17 PM

again, the numbers of arrests are not necessarily tied to the numbers of crimes committed. That is what you are determined to dance away from in a panic. Don't dance, think.

Truth is, we really don't know who is committing most crimes, because so many are simply unsolved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2024 10:19 PM

Geographically, the overwhelming number of people at our border (assuming you share the same border) are going to be Latin Americans. A few muslims may slip in, but they actually have easier ways of getting here. Hell, just getting here through the Saudi Arabian embassy is probably a hell of a lot easier than doing some stupid trek through Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2024 10:27 PM

sorry, getting bad about responding. r103 was for r101 and r104 was for r102. Sorry for the confusion.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2024 10:29 PM

[quote]A few muslims may slip in, but they actually have easier ways of getting here.

NBC News Sept. 14, 2023: "This year U.S. border agents have encountered a “growing number of individuals” on the FBI’s terrorist watchlist trying to enter the country via the southern border, according to the Homeland Threat Assessment released Thursday by the Department of Homeland Security. "

NYTimes Nov 15th 2023: "An increasing number of migrants arrested at the southern border over the past year are on the United States’ terrorist watch list, according to government data."

by Anonymousreply 106April 26, 2024 10:37 PM

numbers r106. need absolute and relative numbers. don't give me "increasing" and "growing." The vast majority of migrants are Latin Americans and I decline to be terrified of them, I'm sorry. I know you may be, for reasons separate from terrorism, but I decline to be terrified of them.

by Anonymousreply 107April 26, 2024 10:39 PM

[quote]There literally is no real problem with Muslims in the U.S.

There's a huge problem if they help Trump get elected in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 26, 2024 11:09 PM

Americans overwhelmingly support LEGAL immigration, not the shit that has gone on during this administration. This issue, I predict, will cost Biden the election.

by Anonymousreply 109April 27, 2024 12:59 AM

This is a money issue intertwined with racism.

by Anonymousreply 110April 27, 2024 1:06 AM

R110 Racism? What does racism have to do with it?

by Anonymousreply 111April 27, 2024 1:08 AM

What are the racial characteristics of current immigrant groups and how do they differ from current US demographics? I’d guess the differences are negligible.

by Anonymousreply 112April 27, 2024 1:13 AM

[quote]There's a huge problem if they help Trump get elected in November.

Concern Troll is Concerned(TM).

Seriously? The combined Muslim population of MI/PA/AZ/GA/WI and VA are going to swing the electoral college?

Stop huffing paint.

by Anonymousreply 113April 27, 2024 1:45 AM

My Great-grandfather was from Palermo. His surname ended in "so."

But once here, he or someone else changed the "so" to an "sh," and now there are branches of my family with one or the other spelling. My immediate family has the "sh."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114April 27, 2024 1:46 AM

R113 There are more than 200,000 Muslim voters in Michigan, without those votes, there's no winning the state.

by Anonymousreply 115April 27, 2024 2:05 AM

[quote] Americans overwhelmingly support LEGAL immigration

Americans don't know what the fuck they support. Half the time people are hiring illegal immigrants for this, that, or the other thing, the other half they're shrieking about the unholy threat of it all.

And yeah, a lot of the people that hate illegal immigration are equally traumatized by legal immigration and will never do jackshit to raise overall legal immigration rates.

by Anonymousreply 116April 27, 2024 2:09 AM

[quote]That canoe has paddled down stream long ago.

So has that fence to keep us Mexicans out. Give it up, been doing it for decades, never going to stop and we never had to pay for your silly wall.

by Anonymousreply 117April 27, 2024 4:27 AM

[quote]"An increasing number of migrants arrested at the southern border over the past year are on the United States’ terrorist watch list, according to government data."

And yet the vast majority of terrorists in America were born and raised in America. Usually white right wingers.

by Anonymousreply 118April 27, 2024 4:31 AM

But Muslims will never stop being a problem, dear.

by Anonymousreply 119April 27, 2024 4:36 AM

But Muslims didn't storm the Capital Sherlock.

by Anonymousreply 120April 27, 2024 4:42 AM

[quote]And yet the vast majority of terrorists in America were born and raised in America. Usually white right wingers.

The daily terror on the streets of US cities, is hardly caused by white right-wingers.

by Anonymousreply 121April 27, 2024 4:56 AM

Are you agoraphobic? I never experienced daily terror walking down a street and I live in a major US city.

by Anonymousreply 122April 27, 2024 5:07 AM

Clinton in 1995

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123April 27, 2024 5:50 AM

more immigrants were forcibly removed from the United States under Obama than any other president. More than 2.8 million undocumented immigrants have been deported over the last eight years, marking a visceral point of conflict for DREAMers who say they have much to owe to the president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 27, 2024 5:53 AM

Bring back Remain in Mexico

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 27, 2024 5:55 AM

Clinton in 2022

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 27, 2024 5:57 AM

[Quote] I never experienced daily terror walking down a street and I live in a major US city.

R122 I take it that city is not NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 27, 2024 6:07 AM

R122 I assume you are not a woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128April 27, 2024 6:29 AM

[quote]Are you agoraphobic? I never experienced daily terror walking down a street and I live in a major US city.

Neither have I. But it's not about you. Or me.

by Anonymousreply 129April 27, 2024 12:40 PM

Well I really dont care what MAGA thinks, so not about them either.

Most people in America do not think there is terror walking down the streets. Other than Fox News fear junkies that is.

by Anonymousreply 130April 27, 2024 12:53 PM

So why don't one of you idiot paranoid jack asses describe to us normal, sane people what it's like to wake up every god damned day of your life in mortal fear of going outside and being raped or murdered by a migrant?

Would constant doses of Thorazine help with the paranoid delusions?

by Anonymousreply 131April 27, 2024 12:58 PM

Listen to the way people like R130 and R131 reason. It's really quite something.

by Anonymousreply 132April 27, 2024 3:10 PM

At least we're using our critical thinking skills, unlike dolts like you who simply march to whatever beat your raci$t, homophobic, xenophobic overlord$ at Faux New$ or TA$$ tell you to think.

by Anonymousreply 133April 27, 2024 3:24 PM

The future. Earth is trashed and the rich have left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134April 27, 2024 3:28 PM

This is an election issue. If you are concerned about the election then it’s an issue to be concerned with.

Issues like this impact 3 things votes, votes, votes.

by Anonymousreply 135April 27, 2024 3:48 PM

"—I don’t give a fuck what DL thinks about"

And yet here you are, posting on DL and obviously caring what DL thinks about.

by Anonymousreply 136April 27, 2024 3:52 PM

No I don’t care at all what you think. Not a tiny bit. I am here to tell you what I think :-)

by Anonymousreply 137April 27, 2024 4:00 PM

[quote] I never experienced daily terror walking down a street and I live in a major US city.

Even Jesse Jackson was honest enough to admit the problem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 27, 2024 4:56 PM

R137, why bother telling us what you think? Surely not to persuade any of us, since you “don’t give a fuck what anyone on DL thinks.”

Pathetic cope. Go drink your Ensure, gramps.

by Anonymousreply 139April 27, 2024 5:06 PM

[quote] Send 'em back! 'Murica doesn't need any more of 'em!

We do need them. We have a rapidly aging population and no one to take care of them.

by Anonymousreply 140April 27, 2024 5:16 PM

R139

I come here strictly for the amusement factor. I like you because you amuse me. It’s not a serious place

by Anonymousreply 141April 27, 2024 6:21 PM

Mass deportations of ILLEGAL immigrants is the LAW. I’m looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 142April 27, 2024 6:27 PM

Every day in NYC I expect to be mowed down on the sidewalk by insane delivery drivers, most of whom seem to be immigrants.

But that's more of an e-bike rant.

by Anonymousreply 143April 27, 2024 6:49 PM

[quote]And yet the vast majority of terrorists in America were born and raised in America. Usually white right wingers.

{quote]Most people in America do not think there is terror walking down the streets. Other than Fox News fear junkies that is.

No one believes your bullshit.

Just last weekend (as every weekend) "8 dead, 40 others wounded in Chicago weekend shootings" CBS2 News (not Fox, shithead)

And if we notice and mention it....we're paranoid. We're supposed to act like it's normal.

by Anonymousreply 144April 27, 2024 7:10 PM

[quote]Most people in America do not think there is terror walking down the streets. Other than Fox News fear junkies that is.

No one believes your bullshit.

Just last weekend (as every weekend) "8 dead, 40 others wounded in Chicago weekend shootings" CBS2 News (not Fox, shithead)

And if we notice and mention it....we're paranoid. We're supposed to act like it's normal.

by Anonymousreply 145April 27, 2024 7:11 PM

How vile that Republicans have turned our nation into a fascist Nation.

by Anonymousreply 146April 27, 2024 7:14 PM

Well, when you allow things to get so out of hand, you end up with backlash like this.

by Anonymousreply 147April 27, 2024 7:23 PM

Put it to a vote. Allow the legal citizens of the United States to decide if they want Muslim immigrants in this country. And let them decide what needs to be done with illegal immigrants. It is our country after all. The United States doesn't belong to anyone but the us. And yes I am white and Christian and gay and male.

by Anonymousreply 148April 27, 2024 7:33 PM

The obsession with Muslim immigrants baffles me. Sure, as part of an overall effective immigration program ,you want to make sure you aren't letting in tons of radical jihad types, but the real problem right now is that the floodgates are open and there aren't the resources to support this. We don't have enough things set up for people that have been Americans since birth let alone all these people. And no one will do a damned thing as the country is basically invaded. It almost feels intentional, like people want the country to collapse, but reality is seldom so, uh, exciting. It's just cowardice and the Democrats not wanting to appear racist along with Trump and his crew poisoning what few solutions have actually been able to make it through the uselessness of Washington.

by Anonymousreply 149April 27, 2024 7:41 PM

Put it to a vote let’s see who we keep in this great country and who we don’t

A gay man in the US supporting this type of approach to making a better country is dumber than shit

by Anonymousreply 150April 27, 2024 7:44 PM

In our nation's capitol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 27, 2024 8:02 PM

a sign of the times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152April 27, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]but the real problem right now is that the floodgates are open and there aren't the resources to support this.

Absolute weapon's-grade horseshit.

Biden has deported more people than Trump ever did, but why let reality get in a way of a good talking point?

[quote]We don't have enough things set up for people that have been Americans since birth let alone all these people.

Again, utter horseshit. We're the richest country in the world. We have entire industries that run on immigrant labor (agriculture, the food industry in general). Simply shutting all immigrants out of the US would create an immediate, massive recession.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 27, 2024 8:07 PM

A walk in the park

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 27, 2024 8:08 PM

April 1st 2024 weekend in Chicago:

32 shot, 7 killed.

In a weekend.

by Anonymousreply 155April 27, 2024 8:10 PM

R155 Only in America with no gun control.

by Anonymousreply 156April 27, 2024 8:16 PM

[quote]Again, utter horseshit. We're the richest country in the world. We have entire industries that run on immigrant labor (agriculture, the food industry in general). Simply shutting all immigrants out of the US would create an immediate, massive recession.

See what propagandists like R153 do?

No one has said anything about "shutting all immigrants out of the US ".

by Anonymousreply 157April 27, 2024 8:19 PM

Total them up and I expect there are thousands of state and federal gun control laws. All of which only control the honest people.

The gang bangers don't care.

by Anonymousreply 158April 27, 2024 8:20 PM

In Chicago, the murder rate per 100,000 population in 1974 was 30.5. In 2023 it was 22.85.

Crime is ALWAYS an issue. Sometimes is isn't quite so bad, sometimes its a little worse. But is always there.

by Anonymousreply 159April 27, 2024 8:22 PM

R149

[quote] It almost feels intentional, like people want the country to collapse,

That's because it IS intentional. And because there are people who want this to happen.

by Anonymousreply 160April 27, 2024 8:25 PM

I am in favor of automatic mass deportation of all illegal immigrants, asylum seekers, and anyone else who is not a citizen who breaks the law.

It shouldn't even be a discussion. Break the law, get deported. The only discussion is whether it should be for felonies ony or whether a sufficient number of misdemeanors, like 3, should result in automatic deportation.

Frankly, any three of assault, domestic abuse, unlawful possession of a weapon, DUI, criminal damage of property, drug possession, or other weapons offenses should be sufficient to be automatically deported and unlike a sloppy passaround bottom, no chance for re-entry - EVER.

by Anonymousreply 161April 27, 2024 8:29 PM

Californians are buying up guns after Border Patrol starts dumping thousands of migrants on streets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162April 27, 2024 8:30 PM

Learn some history, R149. Also, you can't be oblivious to the islamization taking place in Europe, or are you?

In Hamburg today there was a demonstration of ISIS supporters calling for a caliphate to be established in Germany. They recreate the islamic shitholes they came from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163April 27, 2024 8:32 PM

[quote] Californians are buying up guns after Border Patrol starts dumping thousands of migrants on streets

Can't blame them when their own elected officials disregard and act against the safety of actual citizens

by Anonymousreply 164April 27, 2024 8:34 PM

Jesus, OP, yet *another* troll thread from you?

by Anonymousreply 165April 27, 2024 8:35 PM

It baffles me that people who rail against fundamentalist Christians and their homophobic insanity then turn around and say there's no problem with letting in fundamentalist Muslims and their homophobic insanity. Yes, there are more Christians in the US at the moment than Muslims. But consider the continuing immigration, the very high birth rate, and the fact that they seek to convert others to Islam.

Even if they only comprise 1% or 2% of the population, that's just that extra little push against gays. In some districts, a small percentage of voters decides a race.

Would you be happy to hear that we are importing fundie Evangelicals who seek to proselytize and convert others?

No, but you are happy to import an unknown number of fundie Muslims and have them be fruitful and multiply.

I swear progressives are so willfully blind, and it's terrifying that we're all going to have to live with the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 166April 27, 2024 8:41 PM

"It almost feels intentional, like people want the country to collapse, That's because it IS intentional. And because there are people who want this to happen."

And guess who those people are who want the US to collapse? Right wing nut jobs like Ron "I'm against illegal immigration" DeSantis, who just last week signed into law legislation that will allow Florida contractors to hire children to do construction work. And what children do you think will be doing this construction work? Sure as hell won't be Ron's white adjacent kids. Why pay an adult $15.00 and hour to lay asphalt when you can hire an illegal Haitian immigrant child for $4.00 an hour.

See how that works, you fucking asshole, flag waving faux patriots?

by Anonymousreply 167April 27, 2024 8:55 PM

Cool.

Who's going to pay the tab for the deportations? Where are they going to be deported to and which other country will take them? What about the migrants doing all the work most Americans would scoff at? Who's gonna take those jobs? Gardening, house building, maids...hard to get them now but what about then?

There are no simple solutions but just throwing people out of the country isn't as easy as it sounds and it will most likely cause more problems then help.

And, let's be clear. Most of this is misinformation. The orange MAGA pig god let in more immigrants than Biden even with a Muslim ban in place.

by Anonymousreply 168April 27, 2024 9:10 PM

[quote] There are no simple solutions but just throwing people out of the country isn't as easy as it sounds and it will most likely cause more problems then help.

There was no simple solution for sending men to the moon and back in 1969 using 1960s technology, but somehow people figured it out. It’s laughable when people in 2024 claim that it’s beyond the limit of human ingenuity to figure out how to transport people out of the country. Setting the endeavor appropriately as a top priority will generate good results and we will see a significant reduction of illegals due to their repatriation.

by Anonymousreply 169April 27, 2024 9:26 PM

[quote]DeSantis, who just last week signed into law legislation that will allow Florida contractors to hire children to do construction work. And what children do you think will be doing this construction work? Sure as hell won't be Ron's white adjacent kids. Why pay an adult $15.00 and hour to lay asphalt when you can hire an illegal Haitian immigrant child for $4.00 an hour.

See what propagandists like [R167] do?

The fact is, 3 Democrats also voted for the bill.

The bill also include safeguards: "teens aged 16 and older would need to obtain OSHA-10 certification (a 10-hour training course) to work in residential construction, and would have to work directly under the supervision of someone at least 21 years old who has received the same certification and has at least two years’ work experience. They will not be permitted on any roofs, ladders, scaffolding, or superstructures more than six feet off the ground nor work on commercial construction sites."

In the bill "no minor is permitted to work in violation of any federal labor law, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (which sets a federal baseline for child labor standards) or any rules from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)."

Meanwhile all across the country:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170April 27, 2024 9:30 PM

It’s fascinating to me that our Christian Republicans aren’t the ones saying, “let as many immigrants into this country as possible, it’s Christ’s commandment to help them,” and our atheist Democrats aren’t saying, “kick out the Immigrants, why should I help others?”

by Anonymousreply 171April 27, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote]Sure as hell won't be Ron's white adjacent kids.

DeSantis and his wife are both white.

by Anonymousreply 172April 27, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote]There are no simple solutions but just throwing people out of the country isn't as easy as it sounds

The US did it in 1954-55. 1.3 million Mexicans deported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 27, 2024 9:38 PM

"Who's going to pay the tab for the deportations?"

Well, Emperor Trump will make the receiving country pay, just like Trump got Mexico to pay to have the illegal immigrants shipped back there.

Oh wait, that never happened, because the President of Mexico was laughing so fucking hard when Trump was blowing smoke out of his prolapsed asshole.

by Anonymousreply 174April 27, 2024 9:43 PM

I work in hospitality, and the industry would collapse if mass deportations were to happen. I would hope the Karens of the world would rethink their position on the immigration issue when no one is available to clean their filthy hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 175April 27, 2024 9:45 PM

In the reconciliation bill that Republicans will submit if Trump wins and they win the House and Senate, any funds left unspent from the Biden spending bills will be clawed back as a starting point to pay for the wall and costs of repatriation. In addition, there will be major spending cuts in government programs that will allow the money to be shifted to solving the illegal immigration problem.

by Anonymousreply 176April 27, 2024 9:50 PM

"The bill also include safeguards: "teens aged 16 and older would need to obtain OSHA-10 certification (a 10-hour training course) to work in residential construction, and would have to work directly under the supervision of someone at least 21 years old who has received the same certification and has at least two years’ work experience. They will not be permitted on any roofs, ladders, scaffolding, or superstructures more than six feet off the ground nor work on commercial construction sites."

In the bill "no minor is permitted to work in violation of any federal labor law, including the Fair Labor Standards Act (which sets a federal baseline for child labor standards) or any rules from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)."

R170 is truly a crack up. To think Republicans are going to go along with the spirit and intent of any law created to protect working people, especially those in hazardous jobs like mining and construction.

Wow, you truly are one stupid mother fucker. As if Ron DeSantis and the Republican led goon squad state legislature is going to let an OSHA inspector or any other inspector near any construction site in Florida. And to help get him home, contractors always carry around wads of $100 bills, to "facilitate" any inspectors exit from any construction site.

by Anonymousreply 177April 27, 2024 9:50 PM

[quote]"teens aged 16 and older would need to obtain OSHA-10 certification (a 10-hour training course) to work in residential construction, and would have to work directly under the supervision of someone at least 21 years old who has received the same certification and has at least two years’ work experience.

Too bad the kids won't get any protection from Florida's punishing heat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178April 27, 2024 9:53 PM

R175 is Kelly Osbourne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179April 28, 2024 12:38 AM

R173 more immigrants were forcibly removed from the United States under Obama than any other president. More than 2.8 million undocumented immigrants have been deported over the last eight years, marking a visceral point of conflict for DREAMers who say they have much to owe to the president.

by Anonymousreply 180April 28, 2024 12:50 AM

R180 Let's just remember that the US population in 1954 (159 million) was half of what it is now and the deportations took place over a 4 month period. It was a massive program.

by Anonymousreply 181April 28, 2024 1:03 AM

and let's remember that was 70 years ago and has nothing to do with the current crisis R181 and has nothing to do with the population of the US but rather with the number of migrants entering the country.

by Anonymousreply 182April 28, 2024 1:46 AM

Welp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183April 28, 2024 1:47 AM

The requirements and criteria to enter the US legally to be a permanent resident and gain citizenship are so onerous that it effectively filters out the people you would want to emigrate while illegal migration is so simple that the worst people can do it.

There is something broken in a system that creates incentives to engage in an activity illegally because the legal way is so difficult.

by Anonymousreply 184April 28, 2024 1:50 AM

R184 um... the "incentive" is that you aren't punished for breaking the law. You actually get a free trip to NYC where they put your kids in school, provide you with a hotel room, and now even a loaded-up debit card.

by Anonymousreply 185April 28, 2024 2:14 AM

r185 um...are you agreeing with me or disagreeing because you simply didn't bother to read what I wrote and don't realize you're agreeing with me?

by Anonymousreply 186April 28, 2024 2:58 AM

The UK will be spending a minimum of 250k per person to deport their undesirables to Rawanda. The US would rather not find ours, or to keep ours in prison so they can be cheap labor, before being deported some years later. It isn't a Republican or Democratic binary-- both parties are so far right of anything resembling human rights.

by Anonymousreply 187April 28, 2024 3:33 AM

I'm not anti-immigrant (legal or illegal.)

Having sponsored one by marriage through every correct step of the process, I can attest that immigrant applicants who are unequivocally qualified, who want to do everything right, who pose no threat of strain upon U.S. resources, who pay thousands for the privilege, and who have legitimate U.S. sponsors are not well treated (with one notable exception in a final interviewer.) An air of suspicion and necessity of proof and verification is expected, but it's not a pleasant process. And the larger U.S. climate of mistrust of immigrants is worse still. The "jokes" about getting a green card imply the oh so lucky immigrants are granted mansions built of gold bricks, with a mint in the basement. The process didn't make me feel better about my native country.

I don't think the streets should be swept for "illegals", but neither do I think a handful of violent criminals without a snowball's chance of contributing to society should be immune from deportation or incarceration for acts of grave violence. Nor should people who arrive illegally just be bused from one city or state to another without any plan but to make the problem another jurisdiction.

There is a dichotomy of the U.S. treating people who apply to immigrate through the prescribed process as criminals or near criminals, all the while throwing up its hands at the much problem of larger numbers of immigrants who arrive outside legal channels and sometimes short of documentation.

by Anonymousreply 188April 28, 2024 3:36 AM

The US has mass deported aliens on several occasions. Nobody batted an eye.

by Anonymousreply 189April 28, 2024 3:36 AM

Something like the forceful removal of native people, or what about when the US absconded citizens to concentration camps? I'm sure no one batted an eye on that trail of non-tears. I agree with you though, R189. Americans as a whole are more okay with genocide than they realize.

by Anonymousreply 190April 28, 2024 3:49 AM

Allowing Mexicans to live in Mexico isn't genocide you racist.

by Anonymousreply 191April 28, 2024 3:52 AM

I agree R191!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 28, 2024 3:57 AM

R`92 that part of the country was a part of Mexico for about twenty years total.

by Anonymousreply 193April 28, 2024 4:07 AM

I know! The US had to send the natives somewhere after the Louisiana Purchace, after all. We've hopefully come very far since our colonial history (the original immigrants), but you know how they say how history is a pendulum.

Like when the UN said this on genocide:

"The Convention defines genocide as any of five "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group."

These five acts include killing members of the group, causing them serious bodily or mental harm, imposing living conditions intended to destroy the group, preventing births, and forcibly transferring children out of the group.

Victims are targeted because of their real or perceived membership of a group, not randomly. The convention further criminalizes "complicity, attempt, or incitement of its commission."

Do you want to be complicit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194April 28, 2024 4:21 AM

On a related note about keeping the country safe from undesirables there is no evidence the US ever had an island where they sent VN vets with an incurable STD. The Old Black Syph nonsense so many claim was true...

Now many in the 1980s thought that an island like this would have been good public policy but so far it has never been implemented. So far.

by Anonymousreply 195April 28, 2024 11:15 AM

And never forget that Trump wants to undo birth citizenship for brown people.

It is all a move to undo Negro's and women's rights to vote.

by Anonymousreply 196April 28, 2024 11:24 AM

And deport them to somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 197April 28, 2024 11:33 AM

Deporting illegal migrants to their home country is now considered genocide?

by Anonymousreply 198April 28, 2024 5:01 PM

I'm so tired of calling customer service and not being able to understand what the person is saying because their accent is so goddamn thick. That shit is only funny in the movies. I once had an Uber driver who literally couldn't speak or understand English. That's like the epitome of counterproductive when you're paid to drive around the mid-west. The entitlement is unreal, but quite frankly it's the government that encourages this behavior. Put Americans first for once, especially those of us who vote.

by Anonymousreply 199April 28, 2024 5:20 PM

[Quote] And never forget that Trump wants to undo birth citizenship for brown people.

R196 any links that don't require a colonoscope to read?

by Anonymousreply 200April 28, 2024 5:23 PM

[quote] The Old Black Syph nonsense so many claim was true...

R195 is the epitome of ignorance and stupidity. There's no excuse for that in these modern times, and the only nonsense here is coming from your keyboard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201April 28, 2024 5:35 PM

R201

Are you stupid? I am talking about no island of black syph where those with an incurable std were sent allegedly for the rest of their life——as the stories claimed happened

And you counter with Tuskegee , which was real and not a story, which of course makes no fucking sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 202April 28, 2024 6:16 PM

Retarded cunt at r56, they ALWAYS call out the curse words like stupid nasty cunts, like gay men are children, again it's the infantitlism again, the cunts act like babies and scold, go get cancer bitch and die.

by Anonymousreply 203April 28, 2024 7:18 PM

Well if you want to be intellectually honest, you need to start deportation with known violators of the law. The first one that comes to mind is a woman who worked as a high class call girl on a travel visa, and then through Chain Migration got her family here too. No skills, not benefits to American society. Then lied about it on her citizen ship application. Let us know when you campaign for Milinia Trump to be returned to where she came from.

by Anonymousreply 204April 28, 2024 8:25 PM

start paying a living wage to Americans who would do that work if the pay was not slave wages

Another stupid statement by a frau no less, you can tell. N0 ONE is going to pay someone $22 dollars an hour to pick fucking lettuce, how stupid can you be? Stop staying stupid things just because you can. The fucking lettuce would cost twenty bucks a head. People are becoming more stupid and say stupid things constantly now. Just like trump.

by Anonymousreply 205April 28, 2024 8:36 PM

[quote] And never forget that Trump wants to undo birth citizenship for brown people.

That’s not possible. Undoing birth citizenship would affect people of all races, not a subset.

by Anonymousreply 206April 28, 2024 9:17 PM

R179 that table was improved.

by Anonymousreply 207April 28, 2024 11:35 PM

[quote] I once had an Uber driver who literally couldn't speak or understand English. That's like the epitome of counterproductive when you're paid to drive around the mid-west. The entitlement is unreal, but quite frankly it's the government that encourages this behavior.

And your answer to all this is undoubtedly to vote for a huge tax cut for the owners of Uber, cause GUBMINT!!! And to demand that nobody ever gets to regulate Uber in any way, cause GUBMINT!!!!

Maybe think for five seconds before you vote next time.

by Anonymousreply 208April 28, 2024 11:43 PM

[quote]The Old Black Syph nonsense so many claim was true...

Um - Tuskeegee experiments happened.

Just because maga idiots are all conspiracy nutbags, doesn't mean none are true. Do some research:

Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment

MKUltra: the CIA Mind-Control Project

The 1990 Testimony of Nayirah

Operation Snow White: The Church of Scientology Versus The U.S. Government

CIA Assassinations

The Business Plot: Fascism in America

Operation Mockingbird: The CIA Propaganda Machine

COINTELPRO: The FBI vs. 1960s Activists

Operation Paperclip: Nazi Scientists Find Employment in America

Operation Northwoods: How to Wage War on Cuba

by Anonymousreply 209April 28, 2024 11:49 PM

Some of those are worse than others. It makes sense to me that we took the Nazis that had brains in. The Soviets did it as well. Is it fair that they got to live out their lives when so many died horrifically? No, but realistically you couldn't let that scientific and engineering knowledge go to waste.

by Anonymousreply 210April 29, 2024 1:32 AM

Awww, what a fair-minded little neo-Nazi you are r210. Will you be one of the many people wearing swastikas at the Republican National Convention this year?

by Anonymousreply 211April 29, 2024 1:36 AM

Sure, r211, I must be a "neo-Nazi" because I think it's obvious that the correct decision was made by both the Americans and the Soviets (given their own national interests) to snatch up what Nazi scientists and engineers they could rather than just shoot them or something. It also makes sense why both nations would keep those operations secret given the feelings involved. Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 212April 29, 2024 1:45 AM

[quote] That’s not possible. Undoing birth citizenship would affect people of all races, not a subset.

Abolishing the concept of anchor babies would be a brilliant advancement.

by Anonymousreply 213April 29, 2024 1:48 AM

Yeah, whatever, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 214April 29, 2024 1:48 AM

The US and Canada are the last Western countries to still have birthright citizenship. It was abandoned in Europe due to the flagrant abuses of the system.

by Anonymousreply 215April 29, 2024 1:52 AM

Most of us aren't caught up in some huge trauma about whether the United States is white enough r215. And yes, we know that is what you mean by "abuse." Nonwhites thinking they get to be real Americans.

by Anonymousreply 216April 29, 2024 2:01 AM

R211, Harry Truman was a neo-Nazi? Shit, that's so disappointing. But okay, if you say so. He was, after all the president who approved Operation Paperclip, to bring Nazi scientists to the US after the war.

Very sad at this news about Truman. I really expected much better from a Democrat, and FDR's vice-president.

Any other secret historical info you can share, R211?

by Anonymousreply 217April 29, 2024 2:12 AM

[quote]The US and Canada are the last Western countries to still have birthright citizenship. It was abandoned in Europe due to the flagrant abuses of the system.

R216 is so woefully ill-informed. And of course his small mind immediately screams RASCIST!

The birth tourism industry is a real thing. And it is a flagrant abuse of the system.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218April 29, 2024 2:12 AM

And why exactly do you care r218? Be honest, be clear, be exact about what pisses you off about that. I think we all know, but I need you to look at yourself and ask yourself what exactly is bothering you deep down about immigration and citizenship.

by Anonymousreply 219April 29, 2024 2:14 AM

r219 it's an abuse of the system. It's not right. It's taking advantage.

by Anonymousreply 220April 29, 2024 2:16 AM

And you are honestly opposed to ALL abuses of the system? All the shit that Trump has done, all those abuses, they bug you in exactly the same way, because abuse of the system is the sin you really care about? Because if it isn't some abstract abuse of some system, what might it be? What could it be?

by Anonymousreply 221April 29, 2024 2:19 AM

R221 Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump.

We get it. Just because Trump was a POS and abused the rule of law does that mean we need abandon any efforts at border security and allow 1 million plus new migrants to enter into the country illegally every year?

by Anonymousreply 222April 29, 2024 2:23 AM

[quote]And you are honestly opposed to ALL abuses of the system? All the shit that Trump has done, all those abuses, they bug you in exactly the same way, because abuse of the system is the sin you really care about? Because if it isn't some abstract abuse of some system, what might it be? What could it be?

OH FOR FUCK'S SAKE TRUMP HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH THIS. FUCK!

by Anonymousreply 223April 29, 2024 2:25 AM

Trump has fuck all to do with immigration? Well, gee, thought that was the whole reason you fuckers loved him so much.

by Anonymousreply 224April 29, 2024 2:30 AM

I hate Trump and the immigration system in this country needs to be overhauled. Just because people are brown doesn't mean things aren't awful right now and everybody against change are racist.

by Anonymousreply 225April 29, 2024 2:38 AM

yes, it does need to be overhauled, but it actually starts with people being clear about their motives. What do you want to see, really? As long as people lie to themselves about that, we will never resolve this issue.

by Anonymousreply 226April 29, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote]And why exactly do you care [R218]?

Oh dear Lord.

R221 Doesn't understand how ridiculous he sounds.

by Anonymousreply 227April 29, 2024 2:40 AM

[quote]And you are honestly opposed to ALL abuses of the system? All the shit that Trump has done, all those abuses, they bug you in exactly the same way, because abuse of the system is the sin you really care about? Because if it isn't some abstract abuse of some system, what might it be? What could it be?

You sound like a crazy bag lady.

by Anonymousreply 228April 29, 2024 2:43 AM

And you sound like somebody who simply doesn't want to admit that your primary motivation is keeping America as white as possible r228. Why is that? Why do you pretend to some deep devotion to "the system" instead of admitting what you actually care about?

by Anonymousreply 229April 29, 2024 2:45 AM

r229 it's not about race. It's about not being able to absorb and assimilate people.

by Anonymousreply 230April 29, 2024 2:54 AM

[quote]And you sound like somebody who simply doesn't want to admit that your primary motivation is keeping America as white as possible [R228]

All those Rascists!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 29, 2024 2:58 AM

Rascists!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 29, 2024 2:59 AM

Rascist Chinese lady!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233April 29, 2024 3:01 AM

Oh goody, black people you can actually give a shit about for once in your life r231, but only ever as a voice against hispanics. Yeah, nobody is fooled by your very occasional devotion to racial justice. Nobody.

Bet you have never, ever, not once called for any other policy or prescription that would actually improve the lives of the people at that meeting. And now they are left fighting for scraps against the other group you despise, immigrants.

We can actually absorb Latin Americans (we have 200 years of absorbing Latin Americans, occasionally by simply taking half of Mexico) and improve the lives of poor black people and yes even poor white people and do all sorts of things but only if we abandon the idea that making rich white people richer is the one and only policy we must all get behind.

by Anonymousreply 234April 29, 2024 3:08 AM

NyTimes: "Eric Adams Asserts Migrant Crisis Will 'Destroy New York City'"

Rascist!

by Anonymousreply 235April 29, 2024 3:11 AM

Mexicans protest the invasion of migrants:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 29, 2024 3:13 AM

"Hundreds of residents of the Mexican border city of Tijuana protest the thousands of Central American migrants who have arrived in the hope of starting a new life in the US. On Sunday, local residents waved Mexican flags, sang the national anthem and chanted 'Out! Out!' "

"Protesters have called the migrant caravan an 'invasion' and are accusing the migrants of being messy, ungrateful and a danger to Tijuana. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 29, 2024 3:16 AM

[quote] NyTimes: "Eric Adams Asserts Migrant Crisis Will 'Destroy New York City'"

[quote] Rascist!

More like MARY! I think New York can deal with the trauma of immigrants, if anybody can.

by Anonymousreply 238April 29, 2024 3:27 AM

But not these kinds of immigrants. We're not talking about indsutrious Jews or Italians or even god forbid Irish.

by Anonymousreply 239April 29, 2024 3:33 AM

[quote]The US and Canada are the last Western countries to still have birthright citizenship. It was abandoned in Europe due to the flagrant abuses of the system.

R215 MAGA Alert, he picked up that quote from from Trump in 2018. AND HE'S WRONG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240April 29, 2024 8:05 AM

r240 it's the truth

Have fun with getting sodomized with all these Muslims

by Anonymousreply 241April 29, 2024 8:11 AM

r240 you piece of fucking Indel Shit

Would you lke to be a fuckhole?

by Anonymousreply 242April 29, 2024 8:12 AM

I could go for a little sodomy action right now, know any hot middle eastern men?

by Anonymousreply 243April 29, 2024 8:14 AM

R209

Are you on drugs?

I say , unlike the crazy stories told by those American troops in Vietnam , there was no Island of Black Syph as it was called , where American troops with incurable std s were sent

and you counter that with a list that has absolutely nothing to do with a make believe island.

I am well aware of the Tuskegee study that you keep bringing up as if I never heard of it. I worked on it to bring some of those men to treatment,

Some crazy shit indeed

by Anonymousreply 244April 29, 2024 9:33 AM

R11 I am a democrat and I support the mass deportation of all illegal aliens and I support having their anchor babies stripped of their American citizenship. I dont care if they are poc or the whitest of wasps , pack up and go. You have 38 days to begone.

by Anonymousreply 245April 29, 2024 10:38 AM

It’d be nice if one party would actually be the party of the law and order, not one that believes that looting is okay and presidents are above the law.

by Anonymousreply 246April 29, 2024 11:27 AM

We have been infested with the AI Bit Trolls who say they are pro democracy then state horrible snti democratic shit. I am a Democrat but I believe in shooting terrorists tipped in pig's blood.

No, ya aren't, democratic.

I'm not a Rerpublican but I believe looters should be shot.

Bullshit.

Pure political confusion.

Stay clear,

Republicans want to enslave the rest of us, remove all our rights, because they do not want to pay taxes and want more billionaires fubding dark money PACS.

THAT'S WHAT I BELIEVE.

by Anonymousreply 247April 29, 2024 11:34 AM

[quote]I am a democrat and I support the mass deportation of all illegal aliens and I support having their anchor babies stripped of their American citizenship. I dont care if they are poc or the whitest of wasps , pack up and go.

Well I want them and YOU gone too. Give us our country back.

by Anonymousreply 248April 29, 2024 12:16 PM

[quote]It’d be nice if one party would actually be the party of the law and order, not one that believes that looting is okay and presidents are above the law.

Yeah, it would be nice if one party would not attack police, invade the Capital and defecate on the floor while carrying an American flag. I guess that's too much to ask.

by Anonymousreply 249April 29, 2024 12:18 PM

The tide is turning in this country. Like it or not. American's will make that clear with their voting. We are living in a post Democratic post Republican country. So many people whose identity is tightly connected to party loyalty don't know what to do. But the average American just wants to see better things coming their way. Dump will promise people what they want to hear and may even do what he says. This is how he will win. Call me names for speaking a real possibility. Keep your heads in the sand. Keep worrying about transgender nonsense. Keep supporting Palestine. It's becoming clear many Americans have other priorities that will inform their vote. Undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 250April 29, 2024 1:45 PM

[quote] Oh goody, black people you can actually give a shit about for once in your life [R231], but only ever as a voice against hispanics. Yeah, nobody is fooled by your very occasional devotion to racial justice.

Black people started the Civil Rights Movement you dumb piece of shit R234. The reason why ANY minority including Latinos have any fucking rights on this county is because of of Black people. And you're damn right blacks have a voice and a vote and will exercise it. You better open up a history book and then bow bitch. Go make yourself some burritos or something to calm that misplace anger.

by Anonymousreply 251April 29, 2024 6:34 PM

r251 has the Southern Baptist church ever admitted that Negroes have souls?

by Anonymousreply 252April 29, 2024 7:51 PM

[quote]The reason why ANY minority including Latinos have any fucking rights on this county is because of of Black people.

That is not true.

Hispanics were not denied the right to vote, they were not denied intermarriage, they were not subjected to Jim Crow Laws etc.

They may have been subjected to bigotry (as were other minorities) but they were not under racial laws as were blacks.

by Anonymousreply 253April 29, 2024 7:52 PM

It is true R253 discrimination against Latinos didn't just start yesterday. It goes all the way back to 1848 when the United States won the Mexican American war. In the early and mid-1900s, Latinos were given second-class status by Anglo Americans as immigrants and not natural citizens. This led to many Latinos being pushed into barrios and slums run by gangs and full of poverty. The idiot person I was responding to claimed that blacks only occasionally care about justice, but if that were true, blacks would still be in chains. Nobody was going to give Black Americans Civil Rights it had to be fought for, and that's a part of American history. And yes, post Civil Rights Movement, all minorities and women benefitted because the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin. Provisions of this civil rights act forbade discrimination on the basis of sex, as well as race in hiring, promoting, and firing.

by Anonymousreply 254April 29, 2024 8:52 PM

Todays Job Announcement

No Irish need apply

by Anonymousreply 255April 29, 2024 8:55 PM

I just did a hospital stay where 98 percent of the nursing and tech staff was first gen. They were unfailingly kind, competent and helpful in jobs that run them ragged and have limited rewards. I now look at the migrant population with different eyes.

Send the criminals home. Create a path of amnesty for those who have gone to school or worked and paid their taxes. Lean heavily on the Catholic Church and nonprofits to help integrate Venezuelans. Stop viewing migrants as them rather than us. They are no different from my great grandparents apart from skin color and national origin. It is no shame to want a better life and they can't have it in Venezuela.

Mike Johnson, show some balls and pass immigration reform, no matter no right-wing it is. We need more courts and a faster process.

by Anonymousreply 256April 29, 2024 9:15 PM

[quote]The tide is turning in this country. Like it or not. American's will make that clear with their voting.

We heard the same apocalyptic polls and predictions in 2020 and the 2022 midterms that the tide would turn and there would be a "wave" of change throughout the country. It didn't materialize then. What exactly has changed so dramatically since then that points to a sweeping political realignment in 2024?

[quote]We are living in a post Democratic post Republican country. So many people whose identity is tightly connected to party loyalty don't know what to do.

When we see Independent candidates and those from other political parties being elected to Congress in sizable numbers or fielding viable candidates for the Presidency, you might have an argument that the two-party system is cracking. Otherwise, this is still a two-party country.

[quote]Dump will promise people what they want to hear and may even do what he says? This is how he will win.

As if Trump was such an effective and consequential leader the first time around. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

by Anonymousreply 257April 29, 2024 9:17 PM

R257 is a reply to R251. Forgot to mention it previously.

by Anonymousreply 258April 29, 2024 9:19 PM

I meant R257 is a reply to R250. Please excuse my fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 259April 29, 2024 9:23 PM

No one cares

by Anonymousreply 260April 29, 2024 9:36 PM

You cared enough to reply, though, R260.

by Anonymousreply 261April 29, 2024 9:46 PM

R261

Only about some things

It was my civic DL duty as a nice person , the poor guy working himself into a tizzy making sure it was this post, no that post, no this post.

No one cares about that he can relax

Mine was a public service announcement. I certainly care a lot

by Anonymousreply 262April 29, 2024 9:52 PM

[quote]The reason why ANY minority including Latinos have any fucking rights on this county is because of of Black people.

Rights for me but not for thee. Too bad they wanted to limit the rights of LGBT people when they voted in California to overturn the right to marry. When the freaks of the Mormon Church in Utah decided they would spend money to promote Prop 8 the anti-gay amendment in CA, guess which area of the cities their market research said they would have the most sympathetic ant-gay vote to concentrate their ad campaign? Yep you guessed it, the black neighborhoods. And it worked, they overturned the right for LGBT to marry. Until the Federal law was passed which made it moot.

Spare them it's the religion excuse, every group has their anti-gay religious fanatics, it still does not explain the homophobia specifically in the black community.

"7 in 10 African Americans who went to the polls voted yes on Proposition 8"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263April 29, 2024 10:42 PM

Oh boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264April 29, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote]We’ve already cost the Democrats the White House. We know how to do it, OK? And we have a chance to do it this time around. And that’s all I’m interested in,” Zahr said, in reference to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 defeat to Trump. If punishing Biden means helping Trump win the next election, Zahr says, he can live with that.

[quote]“If Trump were president right now, this war might’ve been over, because there might have been enough uproar from rank-and-file Democrats,” he said. “I think we have a lot of power in not being wed to a party.”

Scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 265April 29, 2024 10:56 PM

None of that is actually true which is really scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 266April 29, 2024 11:01 PM

R131 a sign of the times

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267April 29, 2024 11:05 PM

R130 not everyone agrees with that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 29, 2024 11:08 PM

R130 typical day in NY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 29, 2024 11:12 PM

I'm proud of that gentleman, R269! Nothing says "fighting white supremacy" like kicking the ass of a Mexican abuelita in the Bronx. Fuck that privileged bitch!

by Anonymousreply 270April 29, 2024 11:16 PM

The obvious answer to who would make a stronger nominee than Biden is Gretchen Whitmer. All the other big names from Harris to Newsom to Buttigieg have some major issues. But Biden is the Democratic nominee, so it is what it is. It's like saying any Republicans other than Trump would have an easy time beating Biden. Probably true, but pointless to say the year of the election.

by Anonymousreply 271April 29, 2024 11:25 PM

[quote]The tide is turning in this country. Like it or not. [bold]American's[/bold] will make that clear with their voting.

[quote]We are living in a post Democratic [bold]post Republican[/bold] country.

[quote]Call me names for speaking a real possibility.

Could somebody please have a talk with the trollfarm supervisors on these threads? Three stupid mistakes in English usage in one post is just rank amateurism.

Just to quickly review:

"Americans" = many American people; "American's" = possessive; speaking of something which belongs to an individual American.

"post Democratic" and "post Republican" both need hyphenation to make sense.

The third phrase more or less makes sense but also instantly betrays you as a non-native speaker of English.

Carry on, Natasha.

by Anonymousreply 272April 30, 2024 12:51 AM

When have camps ever been a good idea in history? The projects were a failure.

Regulate areas so they don't become slums and help people find jobs.

Why the fuck they coming here in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 273April 30, 2024 1:19 AM

[Quote] Why the fuck they coming here in the first place?

because they qualify for a free debit card R273

by Anonymousreply 274April 30, 2024 1:36 AM

"Homeless Veterans Prioritization for Shelter Assistance," failed on a 27-129 roll call vote.

"It's extremely disappointing that most Democrats were unwilling to support an amendment to prioritize eligibility for the state's emergency housing assistance program for honorably discharged homeless veterans," Jones told Newsweek via email on Monday.

The vote occurred one day after a supplemental budget was sent to Democratic Gov. Maura Healey, who in October said that her state lacks the space, services and funding to safely expand beyond providing shelter for 7,500 families—of which that quota was nearly reached prior to Halloween amid a migrant surge to the Bay State. Massachusetts is spending about $75 million each month on state-run shelters, according to The Boston Globe, after Healey declared a state of emergency last summer.

Screw those homeless American veterans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275April 30, 2024 1:45 AM

DIVERSITY is our strength, R275, not homeless veterans. Let's face it, they've outlived their usefulness -- why are they still asking for stuff?

by Anonymousreply 276April 30, 2024 2:16 AM

R275 All those migrants will most likely eventually be new Democratic voters. That is the hope and the master plan.

(It's called rigging elections, but we're not supposed to notice)

by Anonymousreply 277April 30, 2024 2:35 AM

Like systematic booting of blacks off of voters rolls., r277. If only we didn't notice.

by Anonymousreply 278April 30, 2024 2:42 AM

Not R275 but all I care is that they'll be contributing members of society, working jobs as nurses and technicians while pampered American-born kids protest removing their North Face tents from Columbia University.

by Anonymousreply 279April 30, 2024 2:43 AM

[Quote]Most people in America do not think there is terror walking down the streets. Other than Fox News fear junkies that is

and New Yorkers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280April 30, 2024 2:59 AM

If Trump had been re-elected the war in Ukraine would be over today. He could have ended it in a way Biden refuses to.

Do you honestly think that Ukraine could stand up to the combined forces of the US and Russia?

And let’s face it the US troops will shoot who they need to shoot and CAR and CIB will still be awarded. Then peace.

And why would DL care it’s not like most of them would ever serve.

Peace In Our Time

by Anonymousreply 281April 30, 2024 11:04 AM

Suit yourself but it was Obama/Biden who gave Crimea to Russia

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282April 30, 2024 12:16 PM

And Ukraine's nuclear weapons with the promise to protect Ukraine.

by Anonymousreply 283April 30, 2024 1:05 PM

Biden trails Trump in seven key swing states a few months out from Election Day, new poll shows

News of the week: Biden talks to Howard Stern and is roasted by Colin Jost

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284April 30, 2024 4:48 PM

More idiocy from the Biden administration:

"White House considers welcoming some Palestinians from war-torn Gaza as refugees"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285April 30, 2024 11:43 PM

[quote] "White House considers welcoming some Palestinians from war-torn Gaza as refugees"

Good thinking. This group can even fly themselves across the border

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286April 30, 2024 11:59 PM

It goes to show that Biden is pro-palestinian people, and anti Hamas.

Simple.

by Anonymousreply 287May 1, 2024 1:13 AM

Egypt, Lebanon, Jordon...NO nearby country is taking in Palestinian refugees.

They know better.

by Anonymousreply 288May 1, 2024 1:19 AM

[quote]It goes to show that Biden is pro-palestinian people, and anti Hamas.

The Palestinian people are pro-Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 289May 1, 2024 1:22 AM

Yes, but in order to be anti-genocide and pro humanitarian aid, Biden has to be pro-palestinian people.

It is a foreign policy nightmare, but it is an alternative to the Trump/Netanyahu KILL THEM ALL.

by Anonymousreply 290May 1, 2024 1:31 AM

SvetlanaBitch is working hard for her money, and vodka and crack

by Anonymousreply 291May 1, 2024 3:03 AM

[quote]Yes, but in order to be anti-genocide and pro humanitarian aid, Biden has to be pro-palestinian people.

Pro pro-Hamas people.

by Anonymousreply 292May 1, 2024 3:17 AM

If he wants to show he's against the Palestinian's unquenchable thirst to slaughter and commit genocide on the Jews of Israel, Biden should condemn the Palestinians without equivocation.

by Anonymousreply 293May 1, 2024 3:21 AM

The Palestinians are NOT Hamas R293. Anymore than all Americans are the Proud Boys. Get that through your head.

by Anonymousreply 294May 1, 2024 4:50 AM

They voted for Hamas and support Hamas. Hence they are Hamas.

by Anonymousreply 295May 1, 2024 5:15 AM

They did not all vote for Hamas, 50% of that population are under 18, not even voting age. Therefor, Israel is murdering innocent children.

by Anonymousreply 296May 1, 2024 6:01 AM

It's war, r296. People die.

by Anonymousreply 297May 1, 2024 8:15 AM

[quote] It's war, [R296]. People die.

Tell us about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 1, 2024 9:35 AM

[quote]The Palestinians are NOT Hamas [R293]. Anymore than all Americans are the Proud Boys.

You understand nothing.

by Anonymousreply 299May 1, 2024 10:48 AM

[quote]They did not all vote for Hamas, 50% of that population [bold]is[/bold] under 18, not even voting age. [bold]Therefore[/bold], Israel is murdering innocent children.

Paging Troll Supervisor Svetlana Svetlanovich.

by Anonymousreply 300May 1, 2024 11:01 PM

[quote]They did not all vote for Hamas, 50% of that population is under 18

And well indoctrinated.

by Anonymousreply 301May 2, 2024 12:13 AM

Climate change will cause massive migration in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 302May 2, 2024 12:22 AM

I've already bought new skis to escape the pursuing glaciers of the New Ice Age

by Anonymousreply 303May 2, 2024 12:24 AM

I don't agree with the theory that there is a significant difference between the Hamas Palestinian supporters of terrorism and the non-Hamas Palestinian supporters of terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 304May 2, 2024 1:40 AM

Well even if the kids under 18 are being indoctrinated, they are still innocent kids. Saying oh, well, price of war is about as cold as saying oh, well, they were just Jews.

by Anonymousreply 305May 2, 2024 4:19 AM

There's a reason why Egypt, Jordan etc. have never taken in Palestinians. They know what the fuck's up.

It's the stupid West's problem, as far as they're concerned.

by Anonymousreply 306May 2, 2024 4:20 AM

R305 You sound like one of the white denizens of Hamtramck. Ignorant of the real world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307May 2, 2024 4:56 AM

Islam is a cancer

by Anonymousreply 308May 2, 2024 4:58 AM

Jordan is Palestinian majority. Their monarchy is just a booby prize to the traditional guardians of Mecca after they let the desert trash Sa'uds take it over.

by Anonymousreply 309May 2, 2024 5:23 AM

In English r309

by Anonymousreply 310May 2, 2024 5:25 AM

The monarchies of Iraq and Jordan were given to the traditional rulers of mecca.

by Anonymousreply 311May 2, 2024 5:29 AM

You simple piece of know nothing shit r311

by Anonymousreply 312May 2, 2024 5:41 AM

[quote] Jordan is Palestinian majority.

King Hussein mercifully permitted Palestinians refuge after losing to the Israelis. They repaid him by attempting to murder the King and take his country. The Jordanian Army responded by slaughtering Arafat's men and driving them into Lebanon where they had more success with their subversion.

Unfortunately for Jordan they didn't get rid of all their rapidly reproducing "guests" while they were at it.

by Anonymousreply 313May 2, 2024 5:42 AM

R307

those carpet bagger liberals took over a polish catholic city and displaced the polls that had lived their for 100s of years just because they had the money.

The govt of Hamtramck did not want to fly a Pride flag or any other kind of flag other than US and state flags.. Citizens still could still fly a Pride flag

If that flag is so important take a drive to Ferndale,

by Anonymousreply 314May 2, 2024 9:36 AM

I'm not surprised. The same is likely true here in the UK, as the Conservative government and right wing media are whipping up a storm against the "boat people".

Many people think loads of issues would be solved if we just rounded up all the boat people and flew them to Rwanda, France, or anywhere that isn't here. They genuinely think these people are responsible for every current woe, like high inflation, overcrowded hospitals and doctors surgeries, heck even potholes in the road - because, after all, the money is spent on housing "those people" and not maintaining public services!!!

by Anonymousreply 315May 2, 2024 9:50 AM

Well it's true r315. You have a nice little island, don't fuck it up with third world trash.

by Anonymousreply 316May 2, 2024 3:27 PM

[quote]Many people think loads of issues would be solved if we just rounded up all the boat people and flew them to Rwanda, France, or anywhere that isn't here.

In the last 4 months, nearly 8,000 migrants have arrived in the UK on small boats....and you expect people to be OK with that?

Please name any EU country that would be OK with that.

by Anonymousreply 317May 2, 2024 3:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!