Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Streisand releases her new single - "Love Will Survive"

Today's the day ! Barbra Streisand, 82, releases her first single in six years ! "Love Will Survive" from the Peacock series "The Tattooist of Auschwitz" is now available for streaming. Enjoy !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 12:20 AM

So what does everyone think ?

by Anonymousreply 1April 25, 2024 7:25 PM

She’s no Dua Lipa.

by Anonymousreply 2April 25, 2024 7:59 PM

Sorry. I prefer this Barbra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2024 12:13 AM

I am a Barbra fan but that is very unmemorable. Not worthy of a single release and, as painful as it is to say, her voice sounds a tad weak.

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2024 12:20 AM

I'll have to hear it a few times before I know if I like it. There was a point at which I wondered if it was a duet with someone else. I suppose if there's to be a theme song for a Holocaust series, Barbra's who I'd want to sing it, but her 2024 voice is different from her 1973 voice.

Every day, I feel as if it's time to go. Hearing this did nothing to change that feeling.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2024 12:33 AM

It's depressing and dreary, much like everything she's recorded since 1999.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2024 1:17 AM

Sounds like AI tried to write one of those Michel Legrand/Alan&Marilyn Bergman tunes. And this was the best it could do.

And Barbra's vocal was obviously sent through a digital wringer.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2024 1:31 AM

It's nice, but come on Barbra, give us a song with some umph like Stoney End.

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2024 1:44 AM

A dreary song no matter who sings it.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2024 1:50 AM

So the reviews from fans are in...

Her voice is still impeccable at 82. The song, however, is horrible.

by Anonymousreply 10April 27, 2024 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!