Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Nemesis George Conway donated $929,600 to the Biden Victory fund

And he's hosting a D.C. fundraiser, too. Gotta love the guy. He's also helped make TFG $91M poorer by telling E. Jean Carroll she had a case and introducing her to Robbie Kaplan who represented her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2024 7:39 AM

Oh look. Another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 1April 4, 2024 12:01 AM

No, R1. It’s expressly a George Conway thread. YOU turned it into a Dump one.

by Anonymousreply 2April 4, 2024 12:03 AM

Why ever did he marry such an oily, greasy, uber cunt like Kelly Ann Conway?

by Anonymousreply 3April 4, 2024 12:04 AM

Love you dad!

by Anonymousreply 4April 4, 2024 12:11 AM

I'm really digging his redemption arc.

by Anonymousreply 5April 4, 2024 12:13 AM

He dated Laura Ingraham, so it looks like he has a type in more than one way. Seems like a nice guy. I've know of some pairings between nice men and uber bitches or COWS, as a friend called them, cunts on wheels. I wonder if this is the guy whose townhouse was flooded when Ingraham put a garden hose through his mail slot.

by Anonymousreply 6April 4, 2024 12:16 AM

I like it when he's on MSNBC, he doesn't mince words when it comes to Trump.

by Anonymousreply 7April 4, 2024 12:19 AM

I thought Laura I was a lesbian ?

by Anonymousreply 8April 4, 2024 12:31 AM

Conway is on Ozempic and has improved his appearance. These medications are miracle drugs.

by Anonymousreply 9April 4, 2024 12:46 AM

I have not forgotten Conway cried tears of joy when dump was installed in office back in 2016.

Conway will always be on the end of my side-eye.

Under suspicion! Permanently.

by Anonymousreply 10April 4, 2024 12:58 AM

[quote] George Conway donated $929,600

That seems like a lot of money for somebody who doesn't appear to have any job other than speaking against Trump. I wonder who is signing the paychecks.

by Anonymousreply 11April 4, 2024 1:54 AM

I want to like this guy. But he married Kellyanne Conway and stayed with her during the entire Trump term while she lied and undermined the American public. And yes, R10 is right, George Conway cried tears of joy when Trump was elected--and he helped get him elected.

But nonetheless, he's on the right side of history now. He's very smart and he goes after Trump harsher than most of the TV contributors. I do appreciate Conway's very long redemption tour.

by Anonymousreply 12April 4, 2024 2:36 AM

@r6, "He dated Laura Ingraham, so it looks like he has a type"

Nazis?

by Anonymousreply 13April 4, 2024 3:18 AM

Kellyanne when she found out George gave a million bucks to Biden...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 4, 2024 3:21 AM

R11 - Conway was a very, very successful corporate litigator prior to Trump's ascension. If only you had read a wee bit, you would know he's had serious money since he was 30.

[QUOTE]He was named a partner of the firm in the Litigation Department in January 1994[8] at a million dollars a year.[9] Conway's practice focused on litigation involving securities, mergers and acquisitions, contracts, and antitrust.[8] In 2016, Wachtell Lipton reported $5.8 million in profits per partner.[10]

And no doubt invested his serious money well over the years dnd he doesn't seem to have judgments or leins against him, unlike TFG.

by Anonymousreply 15April 4, 2024 7:18 AM

Sounds like George is sticking up both Kelly Ann and that despicable Nazi lesbian Ingraham. Good on him.

by Anonymousreply 16April 4, 2024 7:50 AM

Laura isn’t necessarily a lesbian. She’s just on the highly suspicious heterosexual down-low.

by Anonymousreply 17April 4, 2024 12:30 PM

Clooney’s political views are his only redeeming qualities

by Anonymousreply 18April 4, 2024 12:40 PM

Laura Ingraham is no fag, and I'm the dame that can prove it!

by Anonymousreply 19April 4, 2024 12:52 PM

R9 getting to the really important issues.

I have r1 on ignore — you should too!

by Anonymousreply 20April 4, 2024 1:01 PM

^ That ugly nut job criminal, Dinesh, fucked all those right wing loony-tunes 😬

by Anonymousreply 21April 4, 2024 1:13 PM

[QUOTE]When asked why he made the donation, Conway told CNN, “This election is about nothing less than whether we’ll continue to live in a democracy under the rule of law. That’s priceless, so I consider my contribution to be a bargain.”

[QUOTE]DC-based strategic consultant Melissa Moss, who organized the fundraiser with public affairs executive Susan Brophy, told CNN that when she asked Conway to headline the fundraiser, she did not ask for any money, but he said to her, “I want to make a statement, I’m all in.”

by Anonymousreply 22April 4, 2024 6:42 PM

[quote] Sounds like George is sticking up both Kelly Ann and that despicable Nazi lesbian Ingraham.

I agree that George’s motivations seems primarily driven by a need to hurt his wife. He’s a loathsome character with no integrity and it’s funny to see anyone pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 23April 4, 2024 6:48 PM

So, in essence, you are saying he doesn't give a whit about our Democratic Republic, r23? Explain yourself, please, if you can. With examples.

TIA, sir. Or is it Madame Skeletor?

by Anonymousreply 24April 4, 2024 7:09 PM

Bumpers.

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2024 1:30 AM

I will always look on George Conway with a certain amount of suspicion . Not because he was a Republican, but because his wife was his Trump's principal campaign advisor and later senior presidential counselor, and he supported Trump in 2016 despite knowing how morally bankrupt he was and how unqualified for the presidency he was. He's been doing the redemption tour since before the 2020 election campaign, but there is sufficient evidence that he really is primarily an opportunist, and not a so-called patriot or defender of democracy.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2024 2:03 AM

Shameless opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2024 2:26 AM

And no one asks George Conway, "why did you cry tears of joy after Trump was installed into office back in 2016"?.. This question just doesn't come up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2024 2:38 AM

I have a friend who knows them both and says that he and Kellyanne were truly in love when they met and married. She also says that Kellyanne was far more left than George initially.

People change.

And it can be hard to acknowledge the fact.

How easy it to denounce the mother of your children?

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2024 2:42 AM

I have to admit I follow him on Twitter and he’s won me over. He now seems to be part of a group that includes people like E. Jean Carroll, Katie Phang, etc.

But I still loathe the other Lincoln Project guys, especially Rick Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 30April 26, 2024 3:11 AM

[QUOTE]but there is sufficient evidence that he really is primarily an opportunist

If only you could avail us of your knowledge and insights on a more granular level, including links to empirical evidence for your contention. Evidence apparently very precious to you.

Datalounge awaits.

by Anonymousreply 31April 26, 2024 5:34 AM

Conway strikes me as thoughtful and reflective, rather than an opportunist. I think he’s taking some unfair flack for not openly denouncing his awful wife, but they have a kid who is a trainwreck, etc. Plus, how long until they’re divorced?

Unusually for someone in the public sphere (especially a Republican), Conway is able to admit when he’s made mistakes (example: he’s publicly said that he now thinks it was a mistake for the Republicans to have impeached Clinton).

He seems principled to me, even if I don’t share all of his policy views.

by Anonymousreply 32April 26, 2024 7:00 AM

[quote] (example: he’s publicly said that he now thinks it was a mistake for the Republicans to have impeached Clinton).

He burned all his republican bridges. He will now be an enthusiastic democrat embracing all litmus tests. Democratic fees pends just as good.

by Anonymousreply 33April 26, 2024 7:08 AM

They filed for divorce last year; I don't know that it has been finalized.

by Anonymousreply 34April 26, 2024 7:11 AM

He’s just another entry on the growing list of those who once supported, championed, voted with or worked for Trump and now that he’s anathema, they have “seen the light” and publicly despise him because it benefits them and their futures.

No respect for these people, none at all.

by Anonymousreply 35April 26, 2024 7:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!