Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I was told I need to have hip replaced

Told Ortho-pee-dick Doc to fuck off. (It’s Kaiser-not a real hospital)

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2024 10:19 PM

Things were better under the Kaiser.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2024 3:16 AM

The pain is clearly fucking with your brain. Get your hip replaced.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2024 3:18 AM

Just do yoga.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2024 3:23 AM

If Kaiser tells you that you need a hip replacement and they willing to do it, YOU NEED THE DAMN HIP REPLACEMENT!!!

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2024 3:45 AM

Once your hip actually breaks, you will be screaming for help from the Kaiser, who will take their time responding to your pain.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2024 3:59 AM

Do you have HIV? Lot of people have to get hip replacements from the years of meds. Also other joint deterioration.

Young people who think taking meds is no big deal are fooling themselves.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2024 4:13 AM

OP, The good news is that Kaiser has a relatively low co-pay for the hip replacement. The bad news is that they’ll probably replace the wrong hip.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2024 4:14 AM

I have 2 friends who lived with the pain for years, they both scheduled their replacements the same day & healed together @ one of their homes. They are different people now, much more active & pain free. Both are so mad at themselves for living with the pain for so long....... Get the replacement & stop being in pain.

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2024 5:00 AM

I had a hip replacement 3 months ago.. I could barely walk prior to doing this. I can now walk, climb stairs, run, and do any damn thing I want now. No more pain, fast, easy surgery, quick healing time, who could ask for more. Don't be an idiot, get this done ASAP or you'll be crying due to insane pain within a year. Believe it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2024 5:05 AM

What are you gonna do with the old hip?

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2024 5:09 AM

Do itsch, kiddo! I wash danshin' on Broadway after I got minesh, shweetie!

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2024 5:30 AM

Also, OP, your Clampetts go to the spelling bee act isn't cute.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2024 5:37 AM

Your life will change after the operation. You’re going to feel liberated.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2024 6:11 AM

R9 was it a total hip replacement you had done?

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2024 6:22 AM

I asked for original hip bone from first replacement but doc said no-Why? -IT'S MY HIP!,says it had to be analyzed???.Now its second time around-25 years later -but I said no,not going through that again.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2024 3:07 PM

R15: ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2024 3:52 PM

What is hip?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2024 3:59 PM

I’ll replace it for cheap, OP.

I’ll use a pipe wrench, a saber saw, duct tape, and Taaka vodka.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2024 3:59 PM

Make sure they don't give you a hip that's 7/8 the size. Shrinkflation is everywhere now!

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2024 4:43 PM

I have heard only good and success stories of hip replacements. DO IT.

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2024 5:25 PM

My sister-in-law just got a hip replacement. She was in agony. She was using a walker at home for a week, now (after a couple of months) you'd never know she went through anything. Hip replacements are much easier than knee replacements. Do it.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2024 5:34 PM

Kaiser is going to put you down as Refused Service Against Medical Advice.

Let's say you are in an accident because you stepped too hard on the brake and broke your hip and ran over people any way.

It's all on you, buddy.

Think about what you are doing.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2024 5:38 PM

We think you are hip just the way you are!

by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2024 5:55 PM

I went in for hip replace and Dr. said We have some fresh hung cadavers down stairs ,would you like us to replace your dick as well?-How could I refuse.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2024 10:03 PM

Sorry, I just saw this R14 (I am R9 ..) I don't know what you mean by 'total' hip replacement. I had my left side hip done. I do not know yet if I'll ever need the right side done. They don't do both sides at the same time as far as I've heard. Is that what you mean? The surgery is very straight forward, look it up online and you'll see that. I was in unbearable pain before having this surgery. Following the surgery, I healed quickly and was up and on my feet the same day. Yes it hurt for a bit but the pain subsided quickly. You're crazy if you don't have this life changing procedure done ASAP. You will no longer be in pain or limping. Just do it soon and you'll be thanking all of us later... believe it.

by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2024 7:39 AM

What do they want to replace it with, Dorothy?

by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2024 8:06 AM

R25 doesn’t even know what he had done ?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2024 8:58 AM

Total and Partial Hip Replacement: Which parts need to be replaced?

During total hip replacement (total hip arthroplasty), both the ball and the socket are replaced. A partial hip replacement only replaces the ball (the head of the femur)

by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2024 8:59 AM

Sounds like you may need a BRAIN replacement, OP.

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2024 10:15 PM

Mr. Dinklage, we don't want to hear your tone, please.

by Anonymousreply 30April 25, 2024 10:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!