Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

PayPal PSA

Paypal will try everything they have in their power to get you to pay a transaction fee. The ONLY transaction that does not accrue fees is if someone sends you money as a "Friends and Family" payment. If they happen to mistakenly send it as payment for "Goods and Services" you will charged fee. And you are charge a fee if you request money from someone, by default.

None of this is clearly explained on their site, and using their app, and it is so easy to overlook this little detail that makes a big difference. But if someone owes you money, do not REQUEST it from them on Paypal. You have to send them your Paypal account information and have them send the money to you - making sure they send it as a "Friends and Family" transaction.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 5:50 PM

PayPal sucks and I refuse to do business with them since 2017. I freely share that opinion with anyone who will listen. Someone sent me $100 during a time when I was homeless and broke and because I had closed the bank account I had originally opened the PP acct with, they refused to give me the money, even though I had another new bank account. Said they couldn't confirm it was me. Ever since then, I will shit-talk them to anyone and everyone.

Fuck those bastards. As if they really needed my $100. This was during the devastating wildfires that burned so many homes and businesses down as well.

by Anonymousreply 1March 12, 2024 7:18 PM

then what do you use? if not paypal....

by Anonymousreply 2March 12, 2024 7:31 PM

Zelle, on occasion. And that's about it. Since my PP experience, I'm really gun-shy of using such services (like VenMo). i was looking into signing up for Google Pay, but it wasn't really all that important.

Also, in the past, I've used Messenger to send money between family members, but not for awhile now.

by Anonymousreply 3March 12, 2024 7:34 PM

Peter Thiel, a MAGAt faggot, co-founded PayPal, bankrupted Gawker for printing that Thiel is gay, and is an all-around reich-wing conservative douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 4March 12, 2024 8:13 PM

I do personal shopping and have to buy pieces sometimes for which the client reimburses me. I usually use Zelle, but even that has its limits. Not everyone has it or they set daily limits on how much you can send. I don’t charge much and when someone wants something expensive, PayPal’s transaction fees can be half of what I charge. I’ve tried several times to figure out their “no fee” process but it is definitely not clear and you have to pay close attention during each step. This particular last time I requested the money from the client not realizing that by default that’s a “fee” transaction.

I’ve been burned before on smaller amounts but this was too much. I’ve called before and they clearly said there is nothing they can do (bullshit) once the transaction has gone through. This time I pleaded with the woman. She kept explaining their policy. I finally said “If the website explained the policy as clearly and concisely as you’ve explained it to me just now, we wouldn’t be in this situation.” I guess flattery works. Within two clicks I had a “one time exception,” and all my money back.

by Anonymousreply 5March 12, 2024 9:36 PM

I once relied on this service and had nothing but positive experiences.

I will never. Use PayPal. Ever again.

by Anonymousreply 6March 12, 2024 9:39 PM

Sometimes PP will block the transaction if it's "friends and family" and only allow for a fee transaction. They suck.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2024 1:04 AM

That's happened several times to a relative of mine^^ r7.

Yet another reason I won't use them - they're fucking around all the time with that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2024 1:18 AM

If you don't use PayPal then, what do you use?

I want to sell some of my out of season clothes on eBay.

by Anonymousreply 9May 4, 2024 4:44 PM

Venmo, Zelle R9, but I don't know how that works with Ebay. Doesn't ebay have their own thing?

by Anonymousreply 10May 4, 2024 4:49 PM

Google pay is decent buy I've only used it to buy things, not to send money to someone.

by Anonymousreply 11May 4, 2024 5:05 PM

I used the service with great success and no security concerns for my small business for years, the fees are standard for the industry.

I no longer use the service because of the ownership.

by Anonymousreply 12May 4, 2024 5:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!