Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Guys 50 And Older- When Was The Last Time Anyone Flirted With You Or Checked You Out In Public?

The last time for me was at Costco in the winter of 2021 when some guy in front of me in the checkout line stared at me for a second then a moment later asked me the time- he was about 48 year old- it was a treat too. I even started a thread about it here on the datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 59May 4, 2024 12:36 AM

Sunday. I'm 73. By a good looking, well-dressed woman in her early 50's, I'm guessing, in the checkout line at the supermarket. She was very interested in my Pomelos and apparently impressed I'd bought asparagus. It wasn't gonna go anywhere, obviously, but I didn't know what to think about her. On the one hand, I had to give her credit. She was still in there pitching, making the effort to look for a man. On the other hand, it just seemed so sad to watch someone working so hard to find what they're looking for when they've more or less passed their sell-by date and looking to find someone, anyone, presumably so as not to be alone.

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2024 1:03 PM

R1- Are you talking about her or you?

Also I'm very tired this morning and I first read thought you were a good looking well dressed woman in your early 50's.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2024 1:09 PM

I can’t remember the year, but Carter was president.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2024 1:11 PM

I live in Flawda. Currently I have three rather presentable human beings who would luv to shag my 64yo carcass. Sadly they all have 64yo vaginas.

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2024 1:17 PM

R1- Real life is not like a tv show where 58 year old women are dating all the time and dating attractive men who LUST after them. That is strictly a fantasy for the consumption of straight women. After 50 most of them don't meet anyone and remain single for the rest of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2024 1:18 PM

Yesterday a tall, thin, 20 something, kind of cute Somali looking man flashed his long noodle dick at me in the railroad station WC. I gave up cottaging over a decade ago. I'm 62.

Sad, as it wasn't a flirt per se, but that's all I got.

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2024 1:23 PM

I'm 59.

I can't remember anyone ever flirting with me or checking me out in public. I mean, I'm sure it happened but it's been so long I have no memory of it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2024 1:25 PM

R7- Including women?

by Anonymousreply 8March 5, 2024 1:28 PM

Just yesterday at Trader Joe’s by a young, slender cashier.

I’m a beefy silver daddy, 52. Twinks and asians love me.

Sadly, it’s a one way street.

by Anonymousreply 9March 5, 2024 1:38 PM

In the gym, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2024 1:40 PM

R2 asks, "When Was The Last Time Anyone Flirted With You Or Checked You Out In Public?"

R1 answered, "Sunday. I'm 73. By a good looking, well-dressed woman in her early 50's"

Seemed clear to me, OP. You must have been tired.

by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2024 1:45 PM

R9- That sounds good to me. I wish a slim and slender young guy would flirt with my 58 year old self.

Slim is my type- not bear or muscular.

by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2024 1:52 PM

a very young bartender at a gay bar in the area has the hots for me, he flirted with me when I went in - he wants to meet up some time this week. he's charming and sweet, I just don't know about dating someone half my age

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2024 1:58 PM

[quote]I can't remember anyone ever flirting with me or checking me out in public. I mean, I'm sure it happened but it's been so long I have no memory of it.

R7 me too, but then I an be kinda oblivious to it and not pick it up, so it maybe has happened recently and I didnt realise. Also my gaydar is shit so I dont know if a guy is interested or just friendly.

[quote][R9]- That sounds good to me. I wish a slim and slender young guy would flirt with my 58 year old self.

[quote]Slim is my type- not bear or muscular.

Same here OP, I only ever seem to get approached by bears or muscular masc guys, never by slim fem guys which is what I prefer. I'm slim myself. 61

by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2024 2:04 PM

I'm 53 and decidedly average looking.

There's a new guy at work. Probably in his mid-20s.

He must have some serious daddy issues because he is flirting with me pretty hard.

Never noticed it, really (mostly because I'm just not tuned into that kind of thing any longer,) but his cube-mate came to my office a few weeks ago so she could tell me new guy "likes" me.

Felt like high school.

Flattering, but he's not for me.

by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2024 2:05 PM

R13 What worries you about dating someone half your age?

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2024 2:05 PM

Casually introduced to a young, married consultant by a colleague at work. The consultant’s wife is in another department.

He repeated locked eyes for “too long” while my colleague discussed their mutual project. A minute later I noticed he’d begun (absent mindedly?) twisting his wedding band. He slipped it off as I was grabbed a coffee.

😊

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2024 2:43 PM

A few weeks ago a waiter flirted with me ridiculously -- how good looking I was, how the food I ordered was just what he would have ordered, etc -- I was blushing a little but my two female friends I should do something about it. It was so clear. I didn't, but then I thought about it and realized I never take advantage of these situations.

So the next day I went back and he wasn't there. I asked another waitress about him and she looked at me and laughed. "Oh Justin? He's straight and engaged."

I felt like an idiot. He was flirting for a tip I suppose. Or he was just a flirt in general. Or something else. But things aren't always what they seem, and a lot of times you think someone is flirting with you and it turns out that they're just in their own world, doing their own world things.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2024 2:55 PM

I was taking a well deserved shit in the mall restroom when someone in the next stall stuck his finger thru the hole in the partition.

I did not stick around long enough to find out but I consider this flirting

Finding Love in All the Wrong places would be a good name for a C&W song.

Although I must say I never thought about starting a thread like the OP once did because someone in the Costco check out line asked me what time it was. Well played for subject topic.

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2024 3:07 PM

This is the saddest thread.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2024 3:10 PM

About 6 months ago, as I walked past a restaurant with outdoor seating.

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2024 3:12 PM

Women will give me appreciative, appraising glances, poor dears....

But a MAN having the hots for me? ME?!?!? Forget it.

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2024 3:14 PM

Exactly, R18. It's not always flirting. People are working their jobs, trying to make tips, e.g., the bartender story, above.

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2024 3:34 PM

[quote] I'm 73. By a good looking, well-dressed woman in her early 50's, I'm guessing, in the checkout line at the supermarket. She was very interested in my Pomelos and apparently impressed I'd bought asparagus.... She was still in there pitching, making the effort to look for a man. On the other hand, it just seemed so sad to watch someone working so hard to find what they're looking for when they've more or less passed their sell-by date

Maybe I missed something, but asking about pomelos and asparagus -- so what? Some people are just friendly in the checkout line.

If she's past her sell-by date at 50-53, then you must be in the compost bin at 73.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2024 3:36 PM

R18 this is why I'm always cautious about assuming a guy is flirting with me, I cant read this sort of thing for shit anyways

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2024 3:36 PM

A few weeks ago at a GNC by the curly-haired muscleboy wearing a snug t-shirt who was working the register. Since I doubt he had a Santa fetish, I took it for what it was -- him trying to upsell -- but it was a pleasant interlude.

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2024 3:46 PM

R11- I am tired.

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2024 4:14 PM

I'm 65; officially invisible to all

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2024 5:19 PM

I was in a gallery in Chelsea on Saturday and I spotted this really good looking slim guy with facial hair/beard. He was about 30 years old- Middle Eastern looking/Arab- which made him even more attractive. Part of his attractiveness was how well he was dressed. I wish I were a good dresser like him. I expected him to sound tough and closed off. When I heard him speak his voice was gentle and bit higher than I expected but not effeminate sounding but maybe he wasn't straight. Not that he noticed me at all but I was so taken with him on Saturday I just felt like mentioning him here on the datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2024 6:01 PM

I wear suits for work and drive a nice car. Women often check me out. Men almost never.

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2024 6:21 PM

R30- Still, it's better to be flirted with by women than no one at all.

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2024 6:23 PM

Less than a year ago I was crossing Montgomery St. in downtown SF and a pretty cute Latino guy getting out of his car to deliver some Doordash gave me the eye. I looked back, he looked back, and we both went on our way. I had a dentist appointment to get to, and he, no doubt, had a soggy cheeseburger to deliver. At 67 it was nice to be seen, though.

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2024 6:46 PM

In 2007, when I was forty seven and forty eight, I got more attention that I'd ever had in my life.

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2024 7:09 PM

During Covid, I was wearing a mask and he cruised me as I was entering a restaurant. He was young; I am elderly.

And of course there was the mask which concealed my lower face. Still enjoyed the moment.

I think older people give up too soon in the search for companionship. Yes, you're physically past your sell-by date, but good Lord, you have a wealth of experience and insight to share. Often, you're still fit, engaged intellectually and emotionally with people and the culture, and you have a mature sexuality: you know what you want and don't want.

Get the spirit!

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2024 7:21 PM

I'm 62. A few weeks ago a guy who had to be in his 30s started chatting me up in the morning on the way to work on the subway. I realized after about 2 minutes that he was trying to pick my up or at least get a cup of coffee with me. He was quite cute too, but I had a lot on my mind and I really wasn't looking to hook up with anybody. I hadn't had any guy under 40 overtly flirt with me in a while.

by Anonymousreply 35March 5, 2024 7:32 PM

A few months ago in the supermarket...

I passed a younger, gay couple (30s). One of them checked me out, as we passed each other in an aisle. An aisle or two later I encountered the guy who checked me out in another aisle. His partner was ahead of him. He said, "You're cute" to me. I thanked him.

I'm 61. Keep myself in good shape by hitting the gym regularly and swimming. I also watch what I eat. A good attitude and smiling help.

by Anonymousreply 36March 5, 2024 7:39 PM

R8, oh, I had one woman AGGRESSIVELY hit on me about 7-8 years ago, don't remember exactly.

She was the client of a friend who was in town to see that client, and he invited me out to dinner with him and his coworkers and the client because I was good friends with him and all his coworkers from way back and they're never in town and never see me.

I guess she got the wrong idea. She got a little drunk on margaritas and it was ... SHAMELESS. Everyone else knew I was gay, so we were all very amused, but didn't want to embarrass or make the client upset so we sorta played along (me the least of them, but the rest of the guys had fun).

She was late 40s I think. And she could not have been more blatant in hitting on me. Even someone like me couldn't miss it.

I just played naive and oblivious and eventually just excused myself and my friends ran interference so I could escape without her running after me.

(all the friends were straight, btw)

by Anonymousreply 37March 5, 2024 10:23 PM

Worst. Thread. Ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2024 10:30 PM

I’m a 71 year old polar bear. Last week I got my RSV and pneumonia shots at Walgreens. The fairly young pharmacist who administered the shots was positively giddy about taking care of me, even telling the other staff members that HE was going to take care of me. Little creepy, actually. I was happy to get the shots and get out of there.

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2024 11:07 PM

OP, I remember that thread, and IIRC, some posters thought you were, well, having a wishful-thinking moment.

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2024 11:38 PM

It’s been a while since a guy flirted with me, but occasionally I get single women in my age group who I get the sense are looking for a partner. I’m 59 and male.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2024 11:51 PM

I’m 52 and still get hit on by a lot of men and women. I work out a lot, diet, and am biracial with green eyes (the melanin helps with aging.. I have been hit on by men from the ages of 24-62, during the last year.

I am going to hate my life if/when I become invisible. My existence has been based upon being hot.

by Anonymousreply 42March 6, 2024 12:08 AM

R42, unless you die young, you will experience becoming invisible.

by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2024 12:10 AM

I can still turn a head.

by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2024 12:22 AM

^^^^ Are you Regan MacNeil?

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2024 12:42 AM

I treated older men like shit when I was an adorable twink. I’m 67 now, and I’ve earned my neglect.

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2024 12:55 AM

R46- In 1998 when I was in my hey day for gay bar curb appeal- I was in a bar one night and some guy about 52 years old started flirting with me. I was not at all attracted to him but was friendly back. He told me some other young guys in the bar mocked him when he complimented them. I am older now than he was then. I never gave attitude to someone who was being friendly to me- except once. This guy was actually a bit younger than me- I was 29 year old and he asked me if I was furry all over. I said- I don't answer questions like that! I feel bad about it now but I thought it was rather a pushy thing to ask me at the time.

by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2024 1:08 AM

This week but a more difficult question will be the last time someone flirted with me where the attention was welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2024 5:49 AM

Rita, my dermatologist’s thirtysomething assistant, was quite flirty as she complimented me, a 66 year old man, at length. I had presented her a completed questionnaire when I my appointment was called. In the intervening month before my follow-up appointment, she called at least a couple of times to get an answer that I had provided in my initial questionnaire. I had a different assistant on this next visit, but Rita stopped my room to remind me that she had taken care of me the last time. I told her I remembered, & how she taken care of me so well.

Then there was the time a couple of years ago in the parking lot of a big box store when a youngish-sounding woman yelled after me, “Damn, you’re fine.”

by Anonymousreply 49April 29, 2024 2:56 AM

"I can still turn a head."

Towards the toilet bowl.

by Anonymousreply 50April 30, 2024 8:11 PM

R1- Can the same thing be said about a gay male of the same age?

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2024 8:24 PM

I’m 70. About 45 minutes ago in a Manhattan gym.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2024 9:42 PM

OP and R47, when I read what you asked and wrote I kind of concluded that you don’t have a clue- or you are very uptight or both. If you stay fit, well groomed and dressed life goes on past 50 sexually pretty much as long as you want although anecdotally most over 80 lose quite a bit of sexual desire, but not the desire for intimacy.

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2024 9:47 PM

R52/R53- Describe the person who flirted/checked you out- curious gay minds want to know.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2024 10:06 PM

If I had an enormous schwanstucker, I have no doubt I'd still be drawing the boys. But I don't.

by Anonymousreply 55May 3, 2024 11:48 PM

R55- What is a schwanstucker?

Is that like a ding a ling?

by Anonymousreply 56May 3, 2024 11:49 PM

[quote] The fairly young pharmacist who administered the shots was positively giddy about taking care of me,

Sounds like he was about to put you to sleep, R39

by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2024 12:05 AM

Decades ago. Though my partner says it happens and I am oblivious to it.

He's being nice. I hate looking in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 58May 4, 2024 12:26 AM

R58- How old are you?

by Anonymousreply 59May 4, 2024 12:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!