Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mayim Bialik is self obsessed

I watched her interview Jenette McCurdy. But all I got was a lot of faux therapeutic talk and pretentious posturing from Mayim. She is a bore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 2:03 AM

If you think Mayim is self-obsessed, you should give "Hard Feelings", Jennette's new podcast (if you can even call it that), a listen. It is fucking horrific. I thought her book about her upbringing and dysfunctional relationship with her mother was well-written, but listening to these rambling voice memos two years on really reveals just how over-therapized and yet simultaneously deeply mentally ill she is. It made me not like her—she comes across as a precious, deeply selfish and self-obsessed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2024 2:13 AM

And doesn’t seem recovered from her various eating disorders.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2024 2:23 AM

R2 like anyone with an eating disorder, Jennette's capacity for lying is massive. She claims to be 100% recovered, but the images I've seen of her suggest otherwise (I had a family member who died as a result of bulimia, so I know what eating disorders look like). I am sorry for the abuse she endured and have empathy for her, but after listening to some of these petulant inner monologues she's chosen to publicize through her podcast, I frankly no longer like her. She has demonstrated that she is obscenely self-absorbed.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2024 2:59 AM

Are "enmeshment" and " individuating" real words? Jennette used to be the kind of person who would shred people like that and now she seems to be one of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2024 3:25 AM

Mayim still sucks too.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2024 3:39 AM

I am probably in the minority, but I really like Mayim and find her podcast to be worth listening to. The topics and discussions tend to be fairly intelligent and I think she does a good job at interviewing and understanding people. Jennette, through little fault of her own, seems like a train wreck of a person and a perpetual walking cloud of self-pity.

by Anonymousreply 6May 3, 2024 1:56 AM

❤️ Mayim

by Anonymousreply 7May 3, 2024 2:01 AM

Mayim's character changed too rapidly on Big Bum Theory, I must have missed the reason. Was is when Penny introduced her to alcohol?

by Anonymousreply 8May 3, 2024 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!