Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

F1 2024 season

Lewis Hamilton is going to Ferrari next year!

I didn’t see this coming but it is great news. The sport is stale af and this will shake the teams up. I love Lewis’ bromance with Charles LeClerc. Hopefully Sexy Carlos Sainz gets a seat in a decent team as well.

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2024 7:40 AM

Carlos needs to find a s 2025 seat at a team with another hot driver - we've been spoiled for the past two seasons with the Carlos/Charles pairing.

I vote teaming up with Gasly at Alpine, or somewhere with Victor Martins should he win the F2 Championship this year and get promoted up to F1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2024 5:36 PM

Interesting... so is George Russell going to be Mercedes' #1 driver then? Who is coming into Mercedes, then?

If Hamilton's going to Ferrari where is Sainz going?

PS R1 Gasly isn't hot. Russell and Sainz are.

by Anonymousreply 2February 2, 2024 5:40 PM

Maybe Lewis will start winning again. Tired of Max.

by Anonymousreply 3February 2, 2024 5:42 PM

R2 Russell is totally sexless! He looks like a plastic doll. I suspect he has a plastic mould where his dick should be.

by Anonymousreply 4February 2, 2024 6:27 PM

Russel is like a mannequin to me. R4 agree, sexless.

I’d like Alex Albon to go to Mercedes, I think he could do well. But as George’s bff, we might get another friends to enemies scenario like we had with Lewis and Rosberg. That a was painful season.

Carlos is hot so, obviously, he deserves a seat somewhere. How about move Piastri to Merc, and Carlos can go back to McLaren to be with Lando again. They were a fun team.

All I really want this season is for someone, anyone, to challenge Max. It’s so boring when the same person wins all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5February 2, 2024 6:45 PM

Hopefully Ferrari and McLaren can at least take it to Red Bull in at least half the races. Given what's now going on at Mercedes, and Lewis's effective vote of no confidence in the new car, I can't see them being serious challengers in 2024. Both Ferrari and McLaren definitely made significant strides forward over the second half of 2023. They need to keep that momentum going forward.

by Anonymousreply 6February 2, 2024 6:50 PM

I think either Piastri or Lando will win a race this year. I’m hoping for Piastri, I like the kid.

by Anonymousreply 7February 2, 2024 6:57 PM

Russell is like one of those British guys Taylor Swift dates. Just bland and unattractive.

Hottest f1 drivers, ranked:

1. Carlos Sainz 2. Fernando Alonso 3. Lewis Hamilton 4. Charles LeClerc 5. Daniel Ricciardo Honorable mention to Hulk.

by Anonymousreply 8February 3, 2024 2:17 AM

We have the same top five r8, nice taste. (Though Fernando is my #1, Carlos #2).

KMag would be my alternate. I think he’d be a mean fuck.

by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2024 3:11 AM

More about R1 please. Hunk. I could service him.

by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2024 3:13 AM

R10 Victor Martins is an Alpine Academy F2 driver. He won Euro F3 in 2022, and had his first season in F2 last year and finished 5th - top rookie in a very strong year.

This year will probably be a tough fight between him, Ollie Bearman, and new Wunderkind, Mercedes Junior, Kimi Antonelli.

If Ocon or Gasly leave Alpine at the end of '24, and one probably will, it's likely that him or Jack Doohan would get promoted. Although in this driver market anything is possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2024 6:34 AM

Meanwhile, Team Haas announces its NEW last-place car. No MoneyGram could save it/Not sure they even tried (apologies to Emerson, Lake and Palmer).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2024 7:57 PM

[quote]Honorable mention to Hulk.

He's my favorite

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2024 8:08 PM

R13 my tastes tend to run to darker men but Hulk really is the classic Teutonic blond isn’t he.

R9 KMag has a scrappiness I like.

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2024 1:36 AM

F1 Bulge Watch starts HERE it’s lights out and go go go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2024 2:59 PM

Carlos will likely go to Alfa Romeo. I was not surprised that Hamilton left Mercedes because late last year, rumors surfaced that his people had approached Red Bull. The way Lewis denied it rang false to me. My boyfriend pointed out Ferrari's new reserve driver, Oliver Bearman. 😻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2024 6:15 PM

Alfa Romeo are no more - they are rebranding to 'Strike' for '24 and '25 - before Audi takes over the entry in '26.

The team underneath all the rebrands is Sauber.

by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2024 6:36 PM

Carlos Sainz Snr won Dakar last year (aged 61!) with Audi, I don’t know how that could help his son or not…

by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2024 2:36 PM

Williams did their season launch in New York this morning. Unfortunately, it was just a 'livery launch' rather than the actual new car.

Good to see a new 'proper' title sponsor in Japanese industrial giant 'Komatsu'.

I'm hoping the combination of James Vowles' leadership, Pat Fry taking up the technical reins, and Alex Albon's continued heroics in the driving seat, can push them further up the mid-midfield, and even grab a lucky podium or two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2024 4:17 PM

Christian Horner is under investigation by Red Bull. Reading between the lines, it seems he send dick pics to an employee.

They’re asking him to resign. Not the Motorsport division and Marko, but the big bosses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2024 4:55 PM

Lando’s sorry excuse for facial hair done killed the cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2024 3:48 AM

Wow they're covering F1 at Just Jared.

Summary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 9, 2024 4:23 AM

Anyone watching the new season of Drive To Survive?

by Anonymousreply 23February 25, 2024 7:46 PM

Is it on already, R23?

Looking

by Anonymousreply 24February 25, 2024 8:17 PM

Is it on already, R23?

Looking

by Anonymousreply 25February 25, 2024 8:17 PM

Damn, hit return before I needed to.

Looking forward to it. It’s a shame Guenther won’t be a team lead anymore. I love him!

Sainz is way better than LeClerc. They should have kept him instead.

by Anonymousreply 26February 25, 2024 8:19 PM

Christian Horner was cleared, only for a Google Drive folder to leak with screenshots and a video of messages he sent to his PA.

Not that, this being F1, there was any chance of him being censured in any way.

by Anonymousreply 27February 29, 2024 11:40 PM

Was there any doubt it would be a stitch-up? F1 is rotten to the core. See also: the rotten treatment of Andretti's application to join.

by Anonymousreply 28March 1, 2024 4:59 AM

So much drama! Horner is DONE at Red Bull! Max to Mercedes?? OMG OMG

by Anonymousreply 29March 4, 2024 9:55 PM

That’s why the Spice Girl was there this weekend? To present a united family front?

Didn’t Mick Schumacher reveal some pictures from his phone?

I don’t think Horner will be kicked out. He’s the most successful team lead in many years, Red Bull can’t let him go.

Unless they do let him go and then other teams might have a chance to win and the sport can be more competitive again 🤷🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2024 1:23 AM

If Horner digs his heels in, it now looks like Max, Helmut Marko will leave, and Ford may pull the plug on linking up for the 2026 engine programme.

If Newey decides to jump the whole Red Bull edifice could collapse.

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2024 9:45 AM

Where the dick pics at?

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2024 11:22 AM

He comes across as needy and borderline autistic in the leaked messages.

I thought his bullish persona, non-funny one-liners and mildly (and weirdly) nasty verbal attacks on other drivers, teams and principals in defence of Max were a put on, but nope, he’s clueless.

His PA made him hard on a private jet and months later he told her he left to masturbate to her on the aeroplane toilet. Then he kept texting her to ask what she was wearing. The PA was no a babe in the woods, but his behaviour is straight out of a 1960s Carry On film and a modern day PR nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2024 12:32 PM

It gets better and better.

The woman in question had reputedly been “spending time” with Jos Verstappen when Horner was texting her.

Verstappen has more issues than Time and none of them good. What would possess Horner to go after a woman he was seeing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2024 3:07 PM

...and she's been suspended...

by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2024 6:59 PM

Any predictions for tomorrow? Here's mine:

Max

Carlos

Alonso

Oscar

Here's a picture of Carlos, for illustrative purposes only.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2024 8:55 PM

No shade because I'm open minded but can a fan of Formula 1 explain the appeal? I've just never understood it. It just looks like cars lapping a track.

by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2024 9:06 PM

Yay!! Carlos!!

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2024 6:23 AM

Happy for him.

Albon only getting p11 is painful.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2024 8:04 AM

It’s fast, beautiful cars (especially the Ferrari red) and even prettier men racing.

It’s inherently a dangerous sport, so there is an element of excitement.

Technically it is a track but all the tracks are different and they don’t just go in circles. There’s sharp turns and straightaways that let you really punch the gas.

Let’s get back to the pretty men, that alone should be reason why some on this site would be interested in it. Some of the girlfriends are beautiful, some don’t have girlfriends, and some are already married with kids.

It’s an exclusive sport as it is very difficult, nay almost impossible, to be a driver in this league.

Millions of dollars are involved in each team. The drivers are some of the highest paid athletes in the world. It enjoys worldwide fame and we get to see how the other half lives. Tickets are somewhat reasonable to come by, here in the states, at least.

There’s sometimes even soap-opera like drama that goes on with the teams. I would recommend the Netflix series if you want the behind-the-scenes component. Some say that’s what really brought the sport to the masses: it gives an inside look at the runnings of each team and the people in charge.

It’s just a fun, exciting spectator sport.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2024 5:05 PM

More like Albooty.

by Anonymousreply 41April 7, 2024 5:18 AM

Missed the beginning of the race. Apparently I missed the accident.

by Anonymousreply 42April 7, 2024 6:00 AM

R42 Danny Ric spun into Albon. Looks like he managed it 'unaided'. Lovely guy, but I think his time in F1 should be coming to an and.

by Anonymousreply 43April 7, 2024 6:46 AM

Donald Trump is in the paddock at the Miami Grand Prix. The team that invited him?

McLaren.

by Anonymousreply 44May 5, 2024 7:00 PM

Yeuch. Always hated Zak Brown.

by Anonymousreply 45May 5, 2024 7:02 PM

Maybe that’s why Ferrari decided to wear blue caps.

by Anonymousreply 46May 5, 2024 7:18 PM

Fuck Trump and fuck Zack Brown.

I like Oscar Piastri but dislike Lando Norris. Oscar should go to Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 47May 5, 2024 7:21 PM

^Zak. Autocorrect.

by Anonymousreply 48May 5, 2024 7:22 PM

If Josef Newgarden signs onto Formula 1 I am there.

by Anonymousreply 49May 5, 2024 7:56 PM

Surprised that so many F1 are gay.

by Anonymousreply 50May 5, 2024 10:41 PM

So now that useless piece of shit Jordan is calling for an investigation as to why F1 won’t let Andretti and his people get a team in the sport.

Who the FUCK cares?? They already told Andretti no. The house Judiciary Committee wants to start an investigation, as if they have nothing better to do.

by Anonymousreply 51May 9, 2024 6:17 AM

To be fair, plenty of fans care about Andretti. Admitting Andretti would be a big boost in the Anerican market F1 has been so assiduous in courting in the past few years, and lots of fans think the grid needs expanding to ensure that there are enough opportunities for young and up-and-coming drivers. Its pretty shameful that the last two F2 Championship winners - Drugovich and Pourchaire - look unlikely to ever land a drive in F1.

Add in that F1's stated reasons - Andretti would bring nothing of value to F1 - is bullshit. Andretti are a big name across the board in motorsports: Indy, FW, IMSA, WSC. They would also bring in a major global brand - GM/Cadillac - as engine supplier.

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2024 7:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!