Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who will Trump choose as his running mate?

Nikki Haley? DeSantis?

by Anonymousreply 258May 14, 2024 9:47 PM

Mike Flynn

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2023 8:10 PM

^ Yep. To end democracy forever.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2023 8:36 PM

JFK Jr.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2023 8:37 PM

r1

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2023 8:40 PM

Tim Scott

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2023 8:41 PM

Miss Lindz

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2023 8:43 PM

Who cares?

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2023 8:44 PM

Ivanka

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2023 8:48 PM

He will be his own vice president, as he will insist he is the only one who can do it all, save America, be trusted, is fit and manly enough to do both jobs unlike sleepy/pedo/cokehead Joe and "Sir, he said Sir with tears in his eyes..." and BLAH BLAH BLAH.

The first ever one-man ticket. All the attention and money goes to him. All for him!

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2023 8:49 PM

Beelzebub.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2023 8:51 PM

r5

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2023 8:58 PM

Elise, auditioning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2024 7:31 PM

Sue Simmons

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2024 7:48 PM

If he sticks with the Jesus/persecution theme he has going, I think he'll go with a Gestus type who he meets in lock-up.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2024 7:55 PM

It’s likely he won’t finish his second term, for whatever reason, so his VP pick matters a lot.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2024 8:12 PM

Based on donald's pending "Mein MAGA Constitution," I think he will do away with the office of the Vice President: "I alone can do it," so no running mate.

No need for VP presiding over nonexistent Senate, and one of donald's spawn will ascend to the presidential throne should father ever die.

Vote Blue.

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2024 8:12 PM

I hope Trump picks Elise Stefanik. Goldwater & Mondale both picked NY House members as their running mates & both lost in landslides.

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2024 11:17 PM

I hope he picks MTG, but he won't.

by Anonymousreply 18January 18, 2024 11:42 PM

Still think Tim Scott makes the most sense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 19, 2024 9:52 PM

Tim Scott.

by Anonymousreply 20January 19, 2024 11:58 PM

Tim Scott's beautiful Christian girlfriend endorses Tim Scott!

by Anonymousreply 21January 20, 2024 12:02 AM

First question Trump will ask any potential running mate, will you pardon me if I have to resign?

Second question, as Vice President will you throw out the electoral votes for the crooked Democrats in swing state and replace them with Republican electors.

Third question, will you support my declaration of martial law on day one, I really want to be a dictator.

Fourth question, will you support the repeal of the law preventing a President from serving more than two terms.

by Anonymousreply 22January 20, 2024 12:49 AM

Vladimir Putin

by Anonymousreply 23January 20, 2024 12:50 AM

R22, it’s not a (repeatable) law that prevents a president from seeking a third term. It’s a constitutional amendment.

by Anonymousreply 24January 20, 2024 1:09 AM

R24, constitutional amendments can be repealed, not likely to happen but it doesn't mean Trump won't try.

by Anonymousreply 25January 20, 2024 1:12 AM

Ben carson

by Anonymousreply 26January 20, 2024 1:13 AM

My money's on Elsie the cow Stefanik. She's plain enough and won't upstage him, but evil and cunning like him. She also had a makeover recently and probably got on Ozempic, in an effort to glam it up for the Orange Shitgibbon.

by Anonymousreply 27January 20, 2024 1:14 AM

R25, an amendment/repeal requires 2/3 approval by both the Senate & the House, followed by the approval of 3/4 of the states.

by Anonymousreply 28January 20, 2024 1:17 AM

R28 you seem obsessed with telling me things I already know, all five of my potential questions of Trump's VP are in some way illegal. It doesn't mean that Trump wouldn't ask a potential VP if he or she would support Trump if he tried to do them. Once a President declares martial law all the norms are out the window. Lincoln declared martial law and then issued this Presidential Proclamation 94 suspending the writ of habeas corpus during the Civil War. The writ of habeas corpus is a tool preventing the government from unlawfully imprisoning individuals outside of the judicial process. Now go find someone else to argue with I am done.

by Anonymousreply 29January 20, 2024 1:46 AM

Stefanik brings nothing to the table, R27; its not like she can win over New York for donald.

by Anonymousreply 30January 20, 2024 1:51 AM

R29 has left the building.

by Anonymousreply 31January 20, 2024 3:18 AM

He hates ugly fat people though. I did notice the last time I saw her she had a lot of make-up on. I died laughing. She was literally putting lipstick on a pig.

by Anonymousreply 32January 20, 2024 3:21 AM

I was going to say Tim Scott, but his single status might spook Trump. If it isn't him, it'll be someone we've never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 33January 20, 2024 5:55 PM

I doubt Trump cares whether Stefanik could bring New York to his side. He would like the fact that she's obsessively loyal to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 20, 2024 6:03 PM

Ronna appears to be on Ozempic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 20, 2024 6:10 PM

^ She looks like a circus clown. There's a gay stylist somewhere that hates this Karen.

by Anonymousreply 36January 20, 2024 6:12 PM

Dancing Jardiance Fatty, because she'll make him look like the picture of health by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 37January 20, 2024 6:13 PM

Whether Dump wins or loses I'm pretty sure Cokie, Jr will eventually run for office.

by Anonymousreply 38January 20, 2024 6:14 PM

Trump is pretending he’ll pick Tim Scott until after the South Carolina primary so that he can poach Black votes. Then he’ll pick some wingnut.

by Anonymousreply 39January 20, 2024 6:15 PM

Ronna should be worried about herself...

by Anonymousreply 40January 20, 2024 6:16 PM

OH look another Trump thread.

by Anonymousreply 41January 20, 2024 6:31 PM

Guess who's growing a beard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2024 7:45 AM

So Tim is either straight, bi, or gay but if likely gay then definitely on his way to being the VP choice. He has already dropped out of the race and does not need a wife or GF to run again in SC,

Trump—Scott 2024

by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2024 9:03 AM

Depends OP

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2024 9:25 AM

[quote]Who will Trump choose as his running mate?

The answer lies with Jesus Our Lord.

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2024 10:31 AM

^^Tim, no gays need apply.

by Anonymousreply 46January 22, 2024 10:32 AM

As long as Tim is not sticking his dick into every man he sees or every man he sees sticking their dick into Tim neither the Lord or religion or the public health dept will care.

Love the sinner hate the sin. Rise above sin and lust..

Tim may be walking engaged proof to the gop that you can combine being gay and being a normal person.

Praise the Lord

by Anonymousreply 47January 22, 2024 11:07 AM

R33 I think you're right on, particularly since I opened up the Daily Fail and saw the much-anticipated news that Tim Scott just proposed to his girlfriend. I think they really are going to try and run him.

by Anonymousreply 48January 22, 2024 11:20 AM

R48

And why not?

He is not only black, actual US black not brown skin foreign Indian, and the one thing he scores really high on——the nice factor.

The nice factor is something Trump has never heard of. Tim will balance the ticket in many ways.

Trump maybe nuts but he is not dumb enough to pick a MAGA looney. He will opt for black, married to a woman , and nice.

by Anonymousreply 49January 22, 2024 11:28 AM

R49 their base is racist as hell?

by Anonymousreply 50January 22, 2024 11:40 AM

The Sounds of Silence:

The number of gay men who have claimed to have had sex with Scott in the last 4 decades.

The number of people who have seen Scott hanging out in a gay venue on pick up night or any other night.

The number of people who have found Scott’s on line hook up profile.

You can find a variety of dick pics on line from one Biden or another but none for Scott.

by Anonymousreply 51January 22, 2024 11:57 AM

R50

That must be why Scott could never be elected to high public office in South Carolina.

by Anonymousreply 52January 22, 2024 12:00 PM

General Petraeus.

by Anonymousreply 53January 22, 2024 12:15 PM

R52 so the Republican party is not racist?

by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2024 12:34 PM

He'll pick Kid Rock.

by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2024 12:43 PM

The Republican Party hates you far more far more far more than any negative feelings about a conservative christian black man who keeps his dick under wraps like Scott.

The GOP wants to win above all else. Trump wants to win above all else. Win and make the dems look stupid and have to deal with a black man on the ticket. People who look at things totally thru the prisim of race may not see this.

Scott is the last person the Dems will want to see as trumps VP

R54

by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2024 1:08 PM

Krazy Kari!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2024 1:21 PM

Let’s hope and pray, that trump is dumb enough to pick a maga nutcase that will not entice POC or moderates or those who are not in love with our current VP or president to not vote for Biden or in fact vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2024 1:28 PM

I hear he’s trying to clone himself.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2024 1:30 PM

Trump picked Pence because he said he looked right out of central casting. How do these suckups rate?

Gym Jordan: Has the pallor of an aging jockstrap ❌

Kari Lake: Gives Trump Leona Helmsley flashbacks ❌

Tim Scott: Looks the opposite of Mike Pence. Trump will only use him up until South Carolina for the Black vote ❌

Kristi Noem: Her eating disorder makes him look fat ❌

Ivanka: If he croaks his name lives on ✅♻️

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2024 1:57 PM

Trump may choose DeSantis who never fully trashed Trump.

1. He’ll make Trump look taller

2. He’ll make Trump look thinner after he signs the VV overeating contract

3. Trump can keep bragging about how HE made DeSantis by endorsing him for gov

4. DeSantis can resume spewing about woke while Trump plots revenge

5. It explains Ron bailing so early on

by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2024 2:07 PM

'bye, Kari- I like winners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2024 3:25 PM

Matt Gaetz

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2024 3:30 PM

R52, you do know that Scott was appointed to the Senate … by Nikki Haley, don’t you? And with the advantage of incumbency he’s not had any serious primary challenges since then? And as the Republican nominee, he’s a lock to win the general election?

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2024 3:34 PM

R61, there’s a little problem with the constitution with picking fellow Floridian DeSantis. Unless Trump changes his residency back to NYS.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2024 3:36 PM

If Trump picks Scott I would bet on trump to win the election. Still close but trump for the win.

R64

So your point is that despite being a black man the S.C. GOP picked Scott to be their senator? And the voters voted for him as well ?

Scott would have a lot of appeal to a lot of voters. Maybe not all that many DL voters but the rest of the country.

Trump may go belly up and take a shit in the court room in front of tv cameras but he is going to pick a VP mate that can actually help him win.

And going full on maga helps him not even a little.

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2024 3:43 PM

Scott just got engaged!

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]Scott would have a lot of appeal to a lot of voters.

I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2024 3:51 PM

R66, I’m also R19, where I reaffirmed my belief that Scott would get the nod. But I don’t think Scott - or anyone else - will get Trump over the finish line. Even a pre-1/6 INCUMBENT Trump couldn’t beat Biden, so I don’t think an increasingly addled Trump can beat incumbent Biden. And it’s a much bigger Biden victory if Trump’s a convicted felon.

As to Scott’s electoral chances in South Carolina, I do not believe he would have prevailed as a non-incumbent in an open Republican primary.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2024 3:54 PM

If he were as smart as he thinks he is, he'd ask Condi Rice. Short last name that fits well with his on signs. . From a different wing of his party. Doesn't have a big personality that would overshadow him. Woman. Black. Could handle herself in a debate. No baggage from the primaries. Bush baggage, but the independents and Never Trump Republicans he's trying to win back might see that as a good thing or at least a balancing thing.

And no, I'm not the Condoleeza Rice troll.

He's not a chess player, so he will never make that move tho.

by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2024 4:37 PM

R69

Trump has always been the Dems best hope

I hope you are right. But how many votes would Scott have to impact to have a significant impact in the election in the off chance trump does not take a shit in front of tv cameras or start running naked thru the streets?

Not just voting for trump but just deciding not to vote against Scott and staying home. In an election where turn out and enthusiasm may be a significant dem problem.

We have today a lot of people Dems and GOP that say they want a change. Scott in the mix is a change. And people seem to like him a lot.

by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2024 4:43 PM

Trump Giuliani 2024

by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2024 4:47 PM

R69

And you are making the argument that Scott might not have won in an open contested S.C. primary in the same way Biden might not win a contested dem primary this year against young hard charging Dems who are currently not running .

I think biden would not get the nod

by Anonymousreply 73January 22, 2024 4:47 PM

I am not, R73.

As you may have gathered, I strongly believe in the power of incumbency. You have to be pretty bad, e.g., Trump, to squander the advantages of incumbency when running for re-election having faced not faced a serious primary and/or third party opposition.

by Anonymousreply 74January 22, 2024 5:02 PM

On MSNBC, Michael Steele just predicted Stefanik will be the pick. Based on Steele's track record, that convinces me Trump will select someone else.

by Anonymousreply 75January 22, 2024 8:34 PM

Trump tried for a Des Moines second (in his victory speech in Iowa) to be "normal", "bringing people together"... and then within minutes he went batshit crazy again. Recently I've been getting less worried that Trump will win the general election... he truly is crazy, and he just can't shut the fuck up and be (relatively) nice. He could totally give red meat to the MAGA crew, and be "Presidential" more in public, and pick Scott or Haley or Stefanik as VP, and win the election (Electoral College, not popular vote).

But he won't stay normal. He just can't. And the more we see of him in less "canned" moments, people will remember how crazy he is.

by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2024 8:43 PM

Excluding friends and relatives of the VP nominee you could probably count on one hand the number of people who have switched who they planned on voting for because of who the candidate picks as VP. People care about the top of the ticket so Trump will pick someone who will lie for him and violate the law for him, not who will get him more votes because of regardless of who he picks it won't get him any more votes. Pence wouldn't violate the law for Trump, he isn't going to make that mistake again..

by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2024 8:49 PM

BEARKING! Kornacki has declared that Goffstown, New Hampshire is the town to watch!

by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2024 9:42 PM

R76

No presidential debates, strictly friendly crowds , friendly chats, friendly round tables, and friendly networks and forums.

It will be fuck biden we don’t need him.

There is the trump presidential run after he is nominated.

You just can’t let crazy out on the streets, unless of course it’s mass transit and an urban US city then crazies all over the place is not a problem.

by Anonymousreply 79January 22, 2024 9:48 PM

I’m with you, R76, about feeling more comfortable about a Biden victory. When Trump becomes the presumptive nominee, the campaign against him will be more joined and his increasingly demented talk will become more front and center.

by Anonymousreply 80January 22, 2024 9:49 PM

Trump HAS to be the GQP nominee to keep their MAGA nutcase base voters. If he dies or if someone else is nominated, they'll just stay home (my QAnon cousin has already said that)--which means they won't be voting for Republicans down ballot as well. Mitch McConnell and the like understand this.

by Anonymousreply 81January 22, 2024 9:52 PM

Of course, R81. I keep hearing Dan Abrams on POTUS saying that Haley would “cream” Biden, that she would win in a “landslide.” What this analysis ignores is that Haley would only wrest the nomination from Trump in an ugly, protracted battle. Trump & his base are not going to enthusiastically then get behind nominee Haley.

by Anonymousreply 82January 22, 2024 9:59 PM

And if there's anything I know about the MAGA psyche R82, it's that they're mean and vengeful, just like Trump. If Nikki Haley wins the nomination, they will want to punish the Republican party because they didn't get their way. Which ultimately will be good for Biden and the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 83January 22, 2024 10:04 PM

JHC Haley has absolutely no chance as long as trump is in the race. None

In NH one of the most liberal or moderate gop states Trump is expanding his lead. Now at double digits. And if she can’t win in NH , not come close, but win then she can’t win anywhere.

And she sure is not going to win her home state of S.C. he is going to crush her.

Her only chance is a MI or stroke.

by Anonymousreply 84January 22, 2024 10:07 PM

R82 Exactly. We should probably enjoy this (relative) political normalcy. This year is going to be nutso. If Haley were to win the Repub nomination (she has zero chance of doing that, but for purposes of discussion)... Trump and his cult would not accept it... see Jan 6 style "protesters" storming the convention hall in Milwaukee and if that doesn't work Trump running as a third party and if he loses claiming the election was rigged and.... etc.

Beginning in August start hearing from Trump and the Republican gang noise about "irregularities".... a claiming that the election wasn't valid if he loses. Actually, no one will believe in national election results. We might not actually lose the Republic this year, but election doubts are already the sugar in the gastank. Hard to think if there will be any election in 2028.

by Anonymousreply 85January 22, 2024 10:08 PM

Trump will choose himself as Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 86January 22, 2024 10:13 PM

A multi-racial woman won Biden the Predidency, so Trump is going to want to copy that.

Though TPTB will have the final say, as they did with Pence.

by Anonymousreply 87January 22, 2024 10:18 PM

Nah, R87. Trump had a lot of doubters in the summer of ‘16, so he picked Pence to appeal to evangelicals. This time he has free rein.

by Anonymousreply 88January 22, 2024 10:26 PM

Trump/Ivanka 2024! The fuck your daughter ticket!

by Anonymousreply 89January 22, 2024 10:27 PM

R86 He’s a one-man grievance band.

by Anonymousreply 90January 22, 2024 11:52 PM

"According to Bob Woodward's 2018 book Fear: Trump in the White House, in the midst of the scandal, then-Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus told Trump he should drop out of the race for the good of the party, and that Pence had agreed to replace Trump on the top of the ticket as the Republican presidential nominee, with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice agreeing to be Pence's running mate."

by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2024 12:11 AM

[Quote]A multi-racial woman won Biden the Presidency

News to me!

by Anonymousreply 92January 23, 2024 12:19 AM

Kamala did not win Joe the presidency. She was polling at 3% when she dropped out of the Presidential race, according to NBC on 12/3/19:

“The latest RealClearPolitics average of recent polling showed Harris with just 3.4 percent support nationally, and just 3.3 percent and 2.7 percent backing in the early-voting states of Iowa and New Hampshire, respectively.”

by Anonymousreply 93January 23, 2024 1:01 AM

Exhaustion over Trump won Biden the presidency. And will win him reelection, too.

by Anonymousreply 94January 23, 2024 2:20 AM

DeRonda out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95January 23, 2024 5:36 AM

As pointed out upthread, R95, DeSantis was never going to be in.

by Anonymousreply 96January 23, 2024 12:15 PM

Mark Halperin believes Sen. Katie Britt will be Trump's pick. She would definitely be a better choice than most others he could pick.

by Anonymousreply 97January 24, 2024 2:24 PM

^ He's not alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 24, 2024 2:26 PM

R98

The argument that Alabama ( and SC for Scott) is not in play for the Dems is a good argument as to why it would be more likely to be a female from a swing state that trump would pick.

You can argue how much a VP helps in an election but they usually help in their own home state. And this election could turn on one or two states

And Haley is quickly being hated within the GOP for staying in.

by Anonymousreply 99January 24, 2024 2:47 PM

Britt is too connected to McConnell... whom Trump detests.

by Anonymousreply 100January 24, 2024 2:51 PM

R99, Indiana wasn't a swing state, yet Trump picked Pence.

by Anonymousreply 101January 24, 2024 2:52 PM

His go-to girl Miss Sissdsie Graham

by Anonymousreply 102January 24, 2024 2:55 PM

R101

Correct. And I did say——more likely.

Pence plugged a hole on the ticket that had nothing to do with Indiana. He was a major link to his brethren in the born hard core Christian community. And he came thru big time on that.,

by Anonymousreply 103January 24, 2024 2:59 PM

[quote] Britt is too connected to McConnell... whom Trump detests.

So is Scott. Trump needs to make inroads with the old guard establishment, just as needed to do so with evangelicals in '16.

by Anonymousreply 104January 24, 2024 3:11 PM

Britt's husband is a 6'8" former New England Patriot offensive linesman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 24, 2024 3:15 PM

Trump got hammered by maga when he endorsed her for senate. More disappointment and sorrow and anger they saw her as full on RINO.

Trump may not care

by Anonymousreply 106January 24, 2024 3:18 PM

She's been a serious Senator, respected by both sides of the aisle. We could do so much worse,

by Anonymousreply 107January 24, 2024 3:26 PM

R104 I get your point under "the old way" to assess Presidential politics - but I think Trump only doesn't need nor care to bring in the old guard, he actually hates the old guard.

by Anonymousreply 108January 24, 2024 3:27 PM

The old gop guard is going to vote for trump no matter who the vp is. He needs those who need a nudge to vote for him. And that is not registered GOP.

by Anonymousreply 109January 24, 2024 3:37 PM

R108, in his “heart of hearts,” Trump hates evangelicals, too. But he needed to reassure them in ‘16.

by Anonymousreply 110January 24, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote] Pence plugged a hole on the ticket that had nothing to do with Indiana. He was a major link to his brethren in the born hard core Christian community. And he came thru big time on that.,

The best pick for him this year would be someone who is seen as calm and stable, with some gravitas. I don’t someone like that is currently on his shortlist. A senator or governor would be best.

by Anonymousreply 111January 24, 2024 3:57 PM

Kay Ivey would be good, if she were two or three decades younger.

by Anonymousreply 112January 24, 2024 4:00 PM

Sucker Carlson.

by Anonymousreply 113January 24, 2024 4:02 PM

R15, Do you actually think Trump cares what happens to anyone at all, never mind his Party, after he dies?!

by Anonymousreply 114January 24, 2024 4:07 PM

It's whomever TPTB want to take the baton from Trump in 2028 (or earlier). J. D. Vance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 24, 2024 4:24 PM

With as much premium Trump will place on loyalty, I don't see him picking anyone so aligned to McConnell.

by Anonymousreply 116January 24, 2024 8:34 PM

quote]My money's on Elsie the cow Stefanik.

Agree with R27. Stefanik is the right shade of crazy for Dump. She's very dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 117January 24, 2024 11:21 PM

IMO, Trump is not picking a woman. Doing so might be the smart decision (for his chances in the election as a counterpoint to Kamala, and at trial), but I think Trump is too misogynistic for this.

On the other diseased hand, maybe Trump will figure he can bully a woman into obeying the way Pence did not.

by Anonymousreply 118January 25, 2024 3:45 PM

R115 I can’t believe I read that blubbering bucket of shit tears

by Anonymousreply 119January 25, 2024 3:57 PM

Blech. Katie Britt is awful. We can't have a president Katie

by Anonymousreply 120January 25, 2024 4:32 PM

If he's smart, his cardiologist.

by Anonymousreply 121January 25, 2024 4:34 PM

[quote] IMO, Trump is not picking a woman. Doing so might be the smart decision (for his chances in the election as a counterpoint to Kamala, and at trial), but I think Trump is too misogynistic for this.

He had Carolyn Kepcher as his EVP for his golf properties.

by Anonymousreply 122January 25, 2024 4:35 PM

Why would he choose a running mate? He wants to be a dictator.

by Anonymousreply 123January 25, 2024 4:48 PM

Choosing a VP candidate? He will make a mistake. I've figured out (brilliant, eh?) that the reasons Trump is so popular with his base are the same reasons he will not win the general election. What delights his cult repulses the majority of the country.

by Anonymousreply 124January 25, 2024 4:55 PM

How about the beautiful and glamorous Caitlyn for Veep?

by Anonymousreply 125January 25, 2024 5:29 PM

[quote]Who will Trump choose as his running mate?

Maybe that one who was in a wheelchair?

#Comeback

by Anonymousreply 126January 25, 2024 5:38 PM

Mark McKinnon:

"I’m placing my bets on three contenders in this race. One is Tim Scott, if Trump decides to end up going with his gut. Another is Nikki Haley, if he decides he needs to save his neck. And I’m going to throw down a show bet on Katie Britt—as the dark horse."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127January 25, 2024 5:42 PM

R127

Mark is absolutely brilliant. Well thought out, spot on.

by Anonymousreply 128January 25, 2024 6:03 PM

Tim Scott would be a bad situation for Trump. He balked at one or more of Trump’s judicial picks and joined with Democrats to attack the Florida education guideline that pointed out that some slaves were able to use their occupational skills to earn cash by hiring themselves out. Scott would speak out where Pence wouldn’t, so Trump and Scott would be publicly fighting pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 129January 25, 2024 7:53 PM

R129 I have observed nothing about him that indicates Scott would "speak out" in contradicting anything Trump said or did.

by Anonymousreply 130January 25, 2024 8:19 PM

Trump is not picking a Black man.

Yes, he did, r122. And eventually fired her.

by Anonymousreply 131January 26, 2024 10:25 PM

And what are trump friends and close confidants suggesting to him , as opposed to the DL, as VP——a black man Scott being suggested as the Trump Go With His Gut Pick or a woman.

Now which black man or white woman is going to help trump with the christian community aka the Pence people, moderate GOP the old business types, POC, or those that just don’t like the dems this year and may waver or vote 3rd party..

Because whoever trump picks they will be picked because trump thinks they will help him win.

And by winning I mean, out of prison, dominating the courts for decades, and going down in history as the most single remarkable politician and unlikely president in the history of presidents.

If they can’t help trump bring in new votes they might have a job in his admin but it will not be as VP

Only 3 things count to trump and the GOP now

Winning Winning Winning.

by Anonymousreply 132January 27, 2024 11:42 AM

He fires and doesn't pay everyone eventually R131. And none of them have any loyalty to anyone else so it's always messy. They're snakes and they spend their lives screaming about how terrible it is that everyone is "woke" or some such made up horseshit to keep everyone angry and distracted.

Apparently Dump is in touch with Mike Johnson on a daily basis trying to control everything. I wouldn't be surprised if it's him as running mate. Later in the game. When is VP usually announced?

by Anonymousreply 133January 27, 2024 12:00 PM

I would love it to be Kari Lake. That would be hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 134January 27, 2024 12:01 PM

R133

Seriously? Exactly who does M Johnson help trump with for votes that Trump does not already have?

POC, woman, moderate woman, gays, moderate men, a swing state or primary state Trump wants to own?

Trump may be crazy but he is not dumb enough to pick a VP that does not bring something trump needs. If only trump was as insanely stupid on this as progressives think he is when it comes to this.

It’s not going to be a right wing wacko.

If it is Scott the announcement will come before SC. If it is a woman it’s not going to be some hardcore maga.

by Anonymousreply 135January 27, 2024 12:29 PM

R132, It is the same for every Presidential candidate: Who brings the most to the VP table for "Winning Winning Winning".

Tim Kaine was a gargantuan blunder, e.g. Kamala Harris met the moment.

Harris will remain, although she hasn't made her mark as Vice-President.

Trump is savvy enough to know that he and the Republicans don't have the Black vote and never will, even if he puts Oprah on the ticket. Any woman who would vote Republican is a moron who is already locked in; a woman on the ticket isn't bringing any more.

But a Latino from California or Texas---not that I can name any---could help, especially if they view the border asylum-seekers as ruining it for the rest of them.

by Anonymousreply 136January 27, 2024 1:36 PM

I think it’s possible Trump will pick whoever is the last name mentioned.

Everyone always said they wanted to be the last person to leave the room with him, because the last thing said is always what he went with.

I’m sure his advisors have been convinced they have had 50 VPs already

by Anonymousreply 137January 27, 2024 1:41 PM

R136

One poll after another poll after anther one survey after survey one article after another article all with the same conclusion and message——Biden and losing black support.

You want to think that is a nothing burger so be it. Trump would be insanely stupid not to go after the POC vote this year.

White liberals yacking how the black vote will always be theirs better hope they are correct.

by Anonymousreply 138January 27, 2024 1:47 PM

[quote] If it is Scott the announcement will come before SC.

No, the reality show host that he is, Trump will play his announcement out as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 139January 27, 2024 1:47 PM

Not if it’s Scott because Scott is really popular in SC. Trump will want to beat Haley so bad she will be in tears after. Scott before the SC primary helps a lot more than Scott after.

If it’s not Scott before SC it’s going to be a woman IMO.

R139

by Anonymousreply 140January 27, 2024 2:57 PM

R138, Trump cannot stop being Trump. He cannot stop defaming; he cannot stop degrading; and he cannot stop being a racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141January 27, 2024 5:19 PM

And IF Black voters go for Trump enough to give him the victory over staunch ally Biden, they will deserve all the further Voter Suppression and Racial Gerrymandering laws that Republicans will throw at them.

IOW, they will, as Thomas Jefferson said, get the government they deserve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 27, 2024 5:30 PM

[quote] Trump cannot stop being Trump.

As it's been said, teaching Trump to talk about policy is like teaching the foxtrot to Charles Manson. He can probably execute a step or two, but then he's gonna put a pencil in your eyes. Because he's Charles Manson!

by Anonymousreply 143January 27, 2024 6:28 PM

If he can't get JFK, Jr., the next best thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 27, 2024 7:49 PM

^ Better that RFK, Jr., run with Trump than possibly siphon off Biden votes, particularly, in battleground states, as a third-party candidate.

by Anonymousreply 145January 27, 2024 7:58 PM

RFK has facial wasting….

by Anonymousreply 146January 27, 2024 9:33 PM

I am going to take a wild guess and say that whoever Trump picks it will not be a white woman who harshly and strongly criticized the Jan attack on the Capitol and calling for strong legal action against those involved. Something about the attack being a disgrace.

Congrats to Liz Cheney for finding and posting the now deleted post from X.

Stefanik is the guilty party

by Anonymousreply 147January 28, 2024 2:53 PM

[quote] Congrats to Liz Cheney for finding and posting the now deleted post from X.

I’m going to go with Rick Wilson as the one who sent that post to Liz Cheney. He still has close GOP pals

by Anonymousreply 148January 28, 2024 3:26 PM

That pic of Stefanik cowering in fear of the 1/6 “hostages” might/should doom her chances to be the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 149January 28, 2024 3:51 PM

I agree r147. I have no doubt Trump's first consideration will be total, 100%, unquestioned loyalty, beyond the normal loyalty of a Vice President. Will this person lie for me and join in all the lies I intend to tell and keep telling? Will they commit crimes for me and join in any coverups? Will they help me subvert the constitution whenever necessary?

He's not a normal nominee picking a running mate. He's a crime boss picking a lieutenant.

by Anonymousreply 150January 28, 2024 3:57 PM

He will want someone he can trust not to upstage him or work against him. Someone who will promise a pardon if needed. Someone who did not condemn the attack on the Capitol or come out strong that the election was fair and honest.

Being seen as nice wholesome and very conservative will help a lot

And above all he wants someone who will help him get elected. Someone who will bring votes with him not MAGA votes but POC and moderate and traditional gop etc those who would not usually vote for trump.

Trump will want to stun and own the libs. He will want to make libs look silly and racist.

I have no idea who that VP choice might be :-)

by Anonymousreply 151January 28, 2024 4:47 PM

Kristi Noem

by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2024 4:59 PM

On Sirius today, Mark Halperin, who seems to have pretty solid sources in the Trump campaign, said Marco Rubio is now the name he's hearing most, with two caveats. One, they have to settle the Electoral College residency question. Two, Rubio would suddenly leap to the frontrunner for the '28 nom, & Trump may not be so sure he wants to elevate Rubio to such prominence.

by Anonymousreply 153May 1, 2024 4:14 PM

Rubio is a fucking idiot. Would be hilarious if he changed residency only for Trump to not pick him.

by Anonymousreply 154May 1, 2024 5:29 PM

**BEARKING**

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155May 1, 2024 9:18 PM

The maneuvering to get to Marco.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156May 1, 2024 10:09 PM

I could see Trump picking this Florida man, Rubio, to exact revenge over that ungrateful other Florida man, DeSantis.

by Anonymousreply 157May 2, 2024 1:52 AM

It's Mike Pompeo. He's been wooing the Xtian right for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158May 2, 2024 3:36 AM

Gonna laugh if it's JD Vance. That guy is a fucking asshole with no charisma

by Anonymousreply 159May 2, 2024 3:39 AM

Vance may have a leg up as he’s besties with Junior.

by Anonymousreply 160May 2, 2024 9:44 AM

I could also see Vance turning off women voters who are not in the MAGA cult—he’s got a super-creepy vibe.

by Anonymousreply 161May 2, 2024 9:58 AM

Noem killed her dog and her chances of becoming his running mate by telling the world about it. Are there any women left? Huckabee Sanders is probably still too fat for him given his views on fat women.

by Anonymousreply 162May 2, 2024 10:07 AM

There's me, R162!

by Anonymousreply 163May 2, 2024 10:54 AM

R163, you’re too fat also.

by Anonymousreply 164May 2, 2024 11:27 AM

"J.D. Vance... That guy is a fucking asshole with no charisma"

That's why the Xtians need Trump to grandfather him in. Like Pence and Cheney, he'd never win POTUS on his own.

by Anonymousreply 165May 2, 2024 12:21 PM

Elizabeth Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 166May 2, 2024 1:12 PM

birds of a feather

by Anonymousreply 167May 2, 2024 1:12 PM

Apparently the list is narrowed down to Tim Scott, Marco Rubio, JD Vance, Doug Burgum

If it's Scott I wonder if he'll go through with the beard marriage

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 3, 2024 4:26 AM

Imagine his talking to Carly Fiorina

by Anonymousreply 169May 3, 2024 5:11 AM

Or Meg Whitman

by Anonymousreply 170May 3, 2024 5:11 AM

Jan Brewer would really balance his ticket!

by Anonymousreply 171May 3, 2024 5:12 AM

I don't understand the rationale for a VP choice from states he will pick up anyway.

by Anonymousreply 172May 3, 2024 5:45 AM

Yeah, it makes no sense to me, either, R172.

by Anonymousreply 173May 3, 2024 9:20 AM

Trump is full it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 3, 2024 9:51 AM

With his female problems, it’s hard to believe there would be no female finalists.

by Anonymousreply 175May 3, 2024 9:53 AM

[quote]Vance may have a leg up as he’s besties with Junior.

So is he a coke whore like Jr? Not joking, we all can see Don Jr. doing his rants when he's all coked up. I don't see how you could be friends with that guy and not see or be a part of that.

by Anonymousreply 176May 3, 2024 9:56 AM

[quote]Noem killed her dog and her chances of becoming his running mate by telling the world about it.

R162 - Republicans like that sort of thing because it involves guns, killing and showing supremacy so I don't believe killing the dog would matter to them at all. Most of them say they don't care what Dump says or does - they'll vote for him anyway. They don't care if he pulls out a machine gun and commits mass murder - as long as it owns the Dems they'll vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 177May 3, 2024 10:25 AM

Do we think latching onto the losing Trump train as VP this year increases or decreases your chances in 2028?

by Anonymousreply 178May 3, 2024 10:41 AM

It's Pompeo. He's been wooing the Xtian right for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179May 3, 2024 9:22 PM

Only someone who doesn’t ever want to be President should agree to run as Trump’s VP.

by Anonymousreply 180May 3, 2024 9:41 PM

On the other hand, R157, Trump would be giving DeSantis the opportunity to fill a Senate seat should DeSantis be picked and elected. Unless, that is, Trump were to pick him early enough - well before the July Convention - & Rubio were to resign. Then there would be two Florida Senate seats on the November ballot - Scott & Rubio’s.

by Anonymousreply 181May 3, 2024 10:29 PM

Would Rubio be stupid enough to resign from his safe Senate seat to commit career suicide? Tim Scott comes across as desperate so I can see him doing it. If Rubio takes the step now, he's damaging his future potential as a presidential candidate. But, then again, I'm working on the basis of old conventional wisdom.

by Anonymousreply 182May 3, 2024 10:40 PM

[quote]With his female problems, it’s hard to believe there would be no female finalists.

There are hardly any female Republicans who aren't batshit crazy and won't turn off moderate voters.

by Anonymousreply 183May 3, 2024 10:51 PM

Rubio is stupid R182.

by Anonymousreply 184May 3, 2024 10:53 PM

After his ‘16 presidential campaign tanked, Rubio changed his mind about not running for re-election that year, so he may not be so enamored of life as a Senator. Resigning his seat & running with Trump, evening in a losing bid, might help his bona fides with the MAGA base for a ‘28 run.

by Anonymousreply 185May 3, 2024 11:00 PM

But what if Trump wins? You know he's going to do crazy shit. Attaching yourself to that wouldn't be very good for a future Presidential run. I think anyone who actually thinks they have a chance at being a future President (as opposed to maxing out at VP) would decline.

by Anonymousreply 186May 4, 2024 1:09 AM

But what if Trump dies in office, R186? He’d be in his 79th year if inaugurated - the oldest inaugurated president - & someone who loves himself a little too much McDonald’s.

by Anonymousreply 187May 4, 2024 2:18 AM

So some of you seem to suggest Little M might be a "moderate" choice. Should this be less of a reason for global panic?

by Anonymousreply 188May 4, 2024 2:40 AM

Hopefully a coffin

by Anonymousreply 189May 4, 2024 2:44 AM

That this utter buffoon - & those are easily my kindest sentiments - has trolls here is something I’ll never be able to wrap my head around.

by Anonymousreply 190May 4, 2024 3:17 AM

R189 Yes please.

by Anonymousreply 191May 4, 2024 3:23 AM

"He’d be in his 79th year if inaugurated -"

No no no, he's only in his 50s... isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 192May 4, 2024 3:52 AM

Well this weekend is the Mar-a-Lago musical chair audition for VP. All of Trump's possible picks will be there except the puppy killer. Trumps such a wacko that he will be asking other MAGA guests their opinion on who would make the best VP. It's like a beauty contest for VP.

And now, the swimsuit competition beginning with Miss Little Marco.

by Anonymousreply 193May 4, 2024 9:41 AM

The fact that Trump's advisors helped take Noem out makes me think there might be more of the "I stared down Kim Jung Un" lies in her past if one were to investigate. George Santos in a dress. Wait, sorry, that IS George Santos. George Santos with XX chromosomes. There we go.

by Anonymousreply 194May 4, 2024 10:23 AM

Anyway, Marco is probably the best choice for Trump out of the names being mentioned to the media, but giving up his Senate seat just to run? Would he really do that and take that chance of being out of politics if they lose.. for Trump? Obviously Trump isn't going to be the one to change what state he's in to satisfy the 12th Amendment because he doesn't do anything for anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 195May 4, 2024 10:28 AM

Dem aren't flipping that Senate seat anytime soon, so that's not an issue.

by Anonymousreply 196May 4, 2024 10:31 AM

*Dems

by Anonymousreply 197May 4, 2024 10:31 AM

He better get someone that has no sense of smell and knows how to change a soiled diaper!

by Anonymousreply 198May 4, 2024 10:45 AM

[quote]He better get someone that has no sense of smell and knows how to change a soiled diaper!

A Grandmother is the best bet!

by Anonymousreply 199May 4, 2024 10:56 AM

Trump won’t choose Rubio. He hates when people have the spotlight and the political press loved Rubio even though he’s a wall-to-wall asshole.

That’s why he picked Pence last time. Popular with the fundies but not too popular to steal focus.

Trump will pick someone that someone somewhere says will help him get votes…but will never pick someone who steals focus.

by Anonymousreply 200May 4, 2024 12:20 PM

[quote]Trump will pick someone that someone somewhere says will help him get votes…but will never pick someone who steals focus.

It will probably be Uncle Tim.

by Anonymousreply 201May 4, 2024 12:33 PM

I think trump will pick a good Christian conservative , one on the correct side of abortion and queers, who won’t be over the top aggressive and turn people off as far as abortion and queers of all sorts, won’t steal my light from trump, is likable, is or will be married, will appeal to POC and loves dogs. Absolutely loves dogs.

Check Check Check Check Check Check….

And as a bonus will be the last gop the Dems would want to run against. And it’s a fuck you to the libs who said this would never happen.

Tim Scott for VP

by Anonymousreply 202May 4, 2024 12:40 PM

Does anyone else foresee some schmaltzy nuptials around convention time for Scott and his betrothed?

by Anonymousreply 203May 4, 2024 1:17 PM

Lara Trump he has already selected her once.

by Anonymousreply 204May 4, 2024 1:25 PM

[quote] Trump will pick someone that someone somewhere says will help him get votes…but will never pick someone who steals focus.

Don't forget about me.

by Anonymousreply 205May 4, 2024 2:18 PM

We already have R205.

by Anonymousreply 206May 4, 2024 2:28 PM

Scott Baio.

by Anonymousreply 207May 4, 2024 5:34 PM

[QUOTE]Well this weekend is the Mar-a-Lago musical chair audition for VP. All of Trump's possible picks will be there except the puppy killer. Trumps such a wacko that he will be asking other MAGA guests their opinion on who would make the best VP.

Seriously? Well, duh. Of course he would. How many unregistered agents of foreign governments will there be in attendance? To be a fly on the wall...

Another thing to add about Little Marco is that he is too attractive to stand next to Trump. Trump's acutely aware of people's looks and the contrast between him and Rubio would be stark in terms of appearance, energy, vitality. Everything. Trump's ego cannot withstand it. Kasich and Pence were his top choices last time around.

I know nothing about Bergum, but he probably wouldn't be useful to Trump in a way Tim Scott will be when he keeps attacking all the people of color, public servants in our legal system who are ushering his cases through. Chutkan, Mercha, Bragg, James, Willis will continue to get pummeled by Trump and he'll point to smiling Uncle Tim to mitigate his racism.

by Anonymousreply 208May 4, 2024 10:33 PM

[quote] Kasich and Pence were his top choices last time around.

Link, please, as to OG Never Trumper Kasich.

by Anonymousreply 209May 4, 2024 10:51 PM

Here you go. The offer essentially was you do all the work, my dad gets all the glory, as I recall. Haven't reread the article. This may have been the straw that made Kasich a Never Trumper.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 4, 2024 10:57 PM

Burgum has the connection to the billionaires; Trump lives for money and needs it...you do the math.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211May 5, 2024 2:31 AM

Back in January Trump claimed he has already picked his VP but of course the man lies his ass off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 5, 2024 2:34 AM

Maybe Roseanne Barr, I would pay to see that. Vote for it, no, you gotta admit it would be entertaining to see her on a stage spewing her whackadoodle ideas.

by Anonymousreply 213May 5, 2024 2:40 AM

Tim Scott, obviously gay, marries a glossy, blonde white woman and considers that a smart career move? What Black woman will vote for him? What homophobic blue collared guy will vote for him? I can’t imagine Trump will pick him—what value does he bring? He’s not going to attract Black voters and you just know all kinds of gay sex skeletons are crouched in his closet ready to pounce.

by Anonymousreply 214May 5, 2024 4:51 AM

It will Tim Scott. Not too long ago he went right up to Trump on stage in front of the microphones and said "I love You!" Even Trump was a bit awkward with that. But he loves lapdogs. Remember when Senator Warren was running for president and was asked if she wanted someone like Mike Pence to be her VP? Her answer was funny but true. "I already have a dog".

Trump wants an obedient, unqualified, lapdog to stare at him all day like Mike Pence did. Tim Scott fits that bill.

by Anonymousreply 215May 5, 2024 5:06 AM

R214

Scott dies not need to steal many votes from the Dems and not one female POC vote to make Trump president. Only a small handful of votes made for a biden win last time and biden was more popular then,

Black men. Black men in general won’t give a shit that Scott has a white woman. He won’t lose votes from black men anyway. Black men and white women is not at all unusual today.

People IMO don’t care if they think you are a queer. They care more if you run around talking and acting like a queer. Act straight don’t embarrass others and they won’t give a fuck.

Scott would steal votes. Maybe enough to make a difference.

And four years later he would end that term as President Scott. Trump does not have another four years in him if he does win.

Trump will own the libs who have claimed he was a racist and would never pick Scott. .

Trump—Scott a ticket the Dems would not want to see.

by Anonymousreply 216May 5, 2024 10:35 AM

[quote] What Black woman will vote for him? What homophobic blue collared guy will vote for him?

There are precious few examples of a VP pick moving votes. LBJ, certainly. And I think Sarah Palin brought many conservatives on board to vote for the much-suspicioned John McCain.

by Anonymousreply 217May 5, 2024 10:42 AM

Two very old men neither of them all that popular with the country . Neither of them likely to finish a new 4 year term that won’t even start until next year.

This year the voters will be looking at the.VP just a little more because they know that VP is likely to be the P before the term is out.

50,000 votes changed in a country with over 300,000,000 people is nothing. 30,000 votes changed could do it.

The VP is more important this year for both parties good or bad.

by Anonymousreply 218May 5, 2024 10:58 AM

Well, I have no problem with Kamala Harris, she was Attorney General of California for 6 years, a US Senator and now a VP. More than qualified if you compare her to any of Trumps picks including Tim Scott or even Trump for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 219May 5, 2024 11:23 AM

You? On DL Harris is not at all popular. Many wish she would drop out. But at least she has you.

by Anonymousreply 220May 5, 2024 11:26 AM

I don't care about "popularity" it's not a Brady Bunch sitcom. I care about who can actually do the job and is quaffed to do so. Kamala is more than qualified to do the job and she would be good at it. Dare I say a true progressive but not extreme.

by Anonymousreply 221May 5, 2024 11:31 AM

It’s not about you. No one cares. Start a thread on dL asking how popular Harris is. Popularity actually counts and it means a lot. Unpopular also means a lot.

by Anonymousreply 222May 5, 2024 11:36 AM

Electoral votes are all that count you nitwit. If popularity mattered, Hillary would have been president. She won the popular vote remember? Now run along and go play with the children on TicTok and let the adults higher someone to run the country with actual skills and experience over your popularity contest mentality.

by Anonymousreply 223May 5, 2024 11:44 AM

Dems trotting out Clinton as an example of popular. She was not popular enough. She fucking lost because she needed more votes..

The liberal dem chant for 2025 2026 2027 2028 ?

“We lost once again but fuck it once again we were more popular”

The EC is the system we have the system we always had and the system we will always have in the future. If you can’t win with the EC you are fucked. As in no chance .

by Anonymousreply 224May 5, 2024 11:59 AM

You missed the point r224, no one said popularity wins the vote. In fact quite the opposite. So why bother arguing that Kamala is not "popular" when the reality is Democrats vote on who they think is bets for the job, not who they like the most.

by Anonymousreply 225May 5, 2024 12:06 PM

R225

Someone who is a registered dem like myself , for many many decades, who self identifies as a dem always every fucking time without fail votes for the dem for president.. I never consider voting for the gop.

Who care who Dems like me vote for? If they vote they like me will vote dem.

I’d be concerned with the over 50% of the US population that is not a registered dem does not self identify as a dem. Most in the US self identify as non aligned with a lean right or left not dem or gop.

by Anonymousreply 226May 5, 2024 12:24 PM

The sad part is, most of that unregistered 50% are also the least informed. They make decisions at the last minute based on there feelings.

by Anonymousreply 227May 5, 2024 12:40 PM

R227

As opposed to me who will vote dem time after time without thinking at all. Fuck feelings like most of DL I do not vote GOP.

Informed has nothing to do with it for most of us we always vote Dem or GOP

by Anonymousreply 228May 5, 2024 12:50 PM

If Trump was smart, he isn't, he would select Mike Pence and of course Mike Pence would jump at the chance and start praising Trump again. Trump would be seen has being magnanimous which he is never.

by Anonymousreply 229May 5, 2024 8:36 PM

Yeah, but I think Mother has different ideas for Mike.

by Anonymousreply 230May 5, 2024 8:45 PM

Kaitlin Collins destroys JD Vance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231May 5, 2024 9:18 PM

If he wants to win, he should pick a Latina.

by Anonymousreply 232May 5, 2024 9:21 PM

R323

Do you have a good one to suggest he might pick that would make sense for him?

And it should not be anyone currently a resident of Florida who wants to remain a resident of Florida. Because I know Trump is not going to be the one moving to a different state.

by Anonymousreply 233May 5, 2024 9:29 PM

If I were Trump, I'd wait until the convention to select. That way, all the toady sycophants will scramble to enact the most outrageous policies to get his attention. He will make them lick his asshole.

by Anonymousreply 234May 5, 2024 10:25 PM

Who trump picks will be important. Trump now leads in 5 battle ground states. This could turn into a blow out if trends don’t start to change.

It’s getting worse for Joe. At some point this needs to start to change or this will be an all time gop ass kicking and the queers and libs will be owned big time.

by Anonymousreply 235May 13, 2024 10:29 AM

Trump will choose Hillary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236May 13, 2024 10:36 AM

Shocker, but I'm not necessarily buying Trump's assertion that he's not seriously considering Nikki Haley.

by Anonymousreply 237May 13, 2024 11:54 AM

No way he picks Haley, she made him look bad towards the end before she dropped out and he won't ever forget that. He won't take that shit from a brown woman, of all people.

by Anonymousreply 238May 13, 2024 12:04 PM

I don't think he'll pick Tim Scott or Marco Rubio. He doesn't need to worry about diversity or balancing the ticket. He just wants someone who'll do his bidding no questions asked and will pick fights with the media when they criticize him.

by Anonymousreply 239May 13, 2024 12:55 PM

I think he'd pick Rubio in a nanosecond if Rubio wasn't also a Florida resident. Tim Scott is another story. I think Tim Scott is too ugly to be picked by Trump. I'm being serious when I say that will factor into Trump's decision. His eventual pick may not be a looker, but it won't be someone ugly or super fat.

by Anonymousreply 240May 13, 2024 1:08 PM

[quote] No way he picks Haley, she made him look bad towards the end before she dropped out and he won't ever forget that. He won't take that shit from a brown woman, of all people.

Trump's overriding priority is to win this election. If he's persuaded that a Haley pick is the one that is most likely to achieve this objective, all bets are off.

by Anonymousreply 241May 13, 2024 2:02 PM

His true base is Evangelicals and White Christian Nationalists. He needs to peel off some women. So my guess is he will choose a woman. I also think, OTOH, De Santis may be a viable choice to him. OK. My top picks are Desantis and The Huckabeast.

by Anonymousreply 242May 13, 2024 2:06 PM

I can see Rubio moving out of Florida, R242, but I don't see DeSantis moving.

by Anonymousreply 243May 13, 2024 2:36 PM

You see Rubio resigning his seat and moving out of Florida to run with Trump?

R243

by Anonymousreply 244May 13, 2024 2:59 PM

Unlike Mrs. DeSantis, I don't see Mrs. Rubio having any statewide political ambitions. And I don't think Rubio's all that enamored in remaining a senator. If he moves out of Florida in service of the Trump campaign, he - if the ticket loses - could always return & run for governor in '26, a race he has been rumored to be considering.

by Anonymousreply 245May 13, 2024 3:18 PM

Rubio in private says terrible things about president trump.

by Anonymousreply 246May 13, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote]Trump's overriding priority is to win this election.

I don't think so. Ego in the present comes before self-preservation in the future for a necrotic narcissist like him. And she hurt his.

by Anonymousreply 247May 13, 2024 4:21 PM

I want The Huckabeast. If he wins we will need some comic relief.

by Anonymousreply 248May 13, 2024 4:55 PM

I'm surprised he's not considering Stephen Miller. He's completely loyal, loves to fight with the media, is a hard liner on immigration, and his super pro-Israel stance might peel off some people who are normally more Dem leaning. He'd also give Trump the ability to pretend he's doing something for American Jews while he's cozing up to Christian nationalists.

by Anonymousreply 249May 13, 2024 5:08 PM

We have no idea whether Trump is considering Stephen Miller but the fact that Miller is still alive and well and firmly allied with Trump, tells me that if Trump gets in the White House Stephen Miller will play a very significant role . He may even be the shadow POTUS. Everyone knows Trump's mind is fucked up. He probably has dementia. So whoever his VP is, they will be running the show. I betcha the positioning and negotiating is very intense right now. But it's also high risk, because Trump really is damaged goods.

by Anonymousreply 250May 13, 2024 5:15 PM

If Trump picks Scott, there will probably be an accidental fall out a window by February.

by Anonymousreply 251May 14, 2024 2:18 AM

It won't be Scott. He will give Scott a job, but he isn't giving him the VP. I think he wants someone he can feel safe with. That's why he may go with someone he is familiar with like the Gov. of Arkansas. She knows exactly how to work with him. And she never waivered in defending him and explaining and justifying his rotten filthy shit. She obviously has a stench of her own and is unbothered by the stench of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 252May 14, 2024 2:23 AM

Or, R251, a fall off the window when Trump has Scott washing the windows?

by Anonymousreply 253May 14, 2024 2:41 AM

J.D. Vance is turning out to be a politician like Martin Sheen in "The Dead Zone". Any hope that he'd be a champion of The Common Hillbilly has gone out the window. He is raw ambition and greed.

by Anonymousreply 254May 14, 2024 2:51 AM

I could see JD Vance because he appeals to Dump worship of "strong men". Vance is a dipshit but that does not matter to Dump. Just that raw stir up the crowd anger for Dump to manipulate is what is appealing for him.

by Anonymousreply 255May 14, 2024 5:44 AM

I don’t think it’s going to be Vance,

by Anonymousreply 256May 14, 2024 8:34 AM

I'm thinkin Trump is gon na be dealing with Melania pretty soon. I'm thinking she's going to file. Because that discussion Michael Cohen reported on in court, where he says to Michael, "How long do you think I'd be on the market?" Like he's some big time player. He was basically saying he didn't care about Mel. She was disposable. He was worried about his campaign, hearing about Stormy not whether or not Melania heard. What a total pig.

by Anonymousreply 257May 14, 2024 9:41 PM

What's ironic, is if Melania did file for divorce, no one would care. Would have been scandalous had any other spouse of a president do that. But she's burned her bridges, was all in with the lies and Trump so I dont think she would bet much sympathy at this point.

by Anonymousreply 258May 14, 2024 9:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!